We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

OK..What is going on with ROI and Legendaries?

I tried looking through alot of threads but someone please let me know. I assume, but what am reading is confusing, that we will still have the weapons we now have, with the relics/settings etc on them. Are people just bitching that we will be looking to get level 75's? And then having to remove the reices from the weapons with the store scrolls? Or are the weapons and relics on them going away?? I read some thing about remove them before the update?? etc. Please, someone that knows, clarify. I can't see the weapons or relics disappearing and assume the bitching is purchasing a few scrolls at the store.
    Thanks guys..
    Doc

Re: OK..What is going on with ROI and Legendaries?

I haven't heard that the LIs/relics we have now will disappear. Most of the discussion has been on having to purchase the scrolls in order to keep the good relics we have slotted already.

Thats what I assume, and i dont feel like buying a bunh of scrolls either but people are really wigging out so i thought I would ask.
    ty

Same argument, different day....You progress, you upgrade....Some find it hard to move on some times....

Yeah, I have Tier 6s and some extraordinary relics on my LIs. I plan to just put trash relics on new LIs, level to 75 and build up new good relics. Which I've already been doing since ROI was announced. I have several Tier 5 and a few Tier 6 already ready to go and I haven't been playing my main much. I'll save my current LIs and buy relic scrolls when they go on sale.

And I think people are forgetting, when ROI comes out, we'll be able to level up and do high level quests again. Which = Item xp. Not gonna be too hard to get items up to 31+ and decon for relics. I know it's not the same as having your T6s back and all. But it's something.

Maybe Turbine will take pity on everyone and put relic removal scrolls up for 40-50% off. Would be nice.

Will ROI reverse the extortion for unlocking Legendary relics?

Locking the relics is the worst thing Turbine has ever done. They promised the Turbine store would never be necessary for getting something the VIPs already had, but the ability to get relics back when reforging or deconning when maxed has been taken away, and PAYING CASH to buy the ability from the store (for each relic!) is the only way to get it back (and no, having to play 100+ game hours to rebuild a new one after the old one has been destroyed does NOT make up for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Doctahg View Post
    Are people just bitching that we will be looking to get level 75's? And then having to remove the reices from the weapons with the store scrolls? Or are the weapons and relics on them going away??
    It's pretty much what you guessed. At least in beta, we had all of our level 65 weapons. I cannot imagine them disappearing in RoI. But, you will start to see level 66 to 75 LI's drop. At some point, you'll have to make the hard decision to trade in your old item for a new one. You can use store scrolls to remove your relics, but new relics will drop too. It's a choice, even if some people don't see it that way.

There are some new Tier 7 relics and some new level 70 (or was it 75?) extraordinary ones.

Quote Originally Posted by llprnzs View Post
    Same argument, different day....You progress, you upgrade....Some find it hard to move on some times....
    Exactly, especially the last point.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000051de2/signature.png]Naethromraw[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    There are some new Tier 7 relics and some new level 70 (or was it 75?) extraordinary ones.
    Level 70s. IMHO - 75s will come later. Perhaps we will get new crafted relics later on.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by anteku View Post
    You can use store scrolls to remove your relics, but new relics will drop too.
    What does that mean? If you use store scrolls to remove your relics, will the "new relics" drop just the same when you decon the LI's whether or not you remove the old relics first?

Probably means you get the chance to grind relics again, same as now.
    Not using store removal scrolls = same grind yet again to get where you currently are, if you got extraordinary and true relics.

Gotta love the way they implemented the store scroll:
    First they announce they want to make the relic grind less gruelling, and state that relics should be considered disposable because they will be so easy to get.

Then it appears in a form where we get inferior top tier relics compared to before the change.
    Also, relics cannot be unslotted by any means except for the store scroll (convenience.. right.).
    At the same time they add the extraordinary relics etc, which can to some degree compete with the old relics but are still inferior - but only available if you grind shards, which outside the soon to be nerfed pvp skill relic is not easily gotten: it requires destruction of many relics to get them in amounts that is meaningful.

For melee classes the new relics are ok, but for tactical classes the new relics is a nerf compared to what they could get before.

Then we get the True relics. Each costing 1392 shards+ 4 T6 relics. We're totally back to the point where we are grinding something very hard, but unlike before the revamp, we do not get those relics back on reforge or decon at max level.
    I dont mind grinding, but to call what I produce disposable when its clearly an effort to get, is absurd. Maybe insulting.
    Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Then we get the True relics. Each costing 1392 shards+ 4 T6 relics. We're totally back to the point where we are grinding something very hard, but unlike before the revamp, we do not get those relics back on reforge or decon at max level.
    Take a careful look at the costs for the new Isengard relics. They are more expensive than what you are using an example.

IMHO - Turbine will be introducing relics that are more costly than the old discontinued Tier 9s. The big question is when they will arrive.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

That surprise me... not. Goes almost without saying we will get a new rank of true relics costing more shards than current based off t6, and they will cost at least as many t7 relics to create too.

Quote Originally Posted by gradivus View Post
    What does that mean? If you use store scrolls to remove your relics, will the "new relics" drop just the same when you decon the LI's whether or not you remove the old relics first?
    When you decon your LI, regardless of whether you have removed your old relics, you get quite a few new relics back as well as an IXP scroll. You don't get enough higher level relics from deconning to recreate your tier 6 relics, but definitely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Probably means you get the chance to grind relics again, same as now.
    Not using store removal scrolls = same grind yet again to get where you currently are, if you got extraordinary and true relics.

Gotta love the way they implemented the store scroll:
    First they announce they want to make the relic grind less gruelling, and state that relics should be considered disposable because they will be so easy to get.

Then it appears in a form where we get inferior top tier relics compared to before the change.
    Also, relics cannot be unslotted by any means except for the store scroll (convenience.. right.).
    At the same time they add the extraordinary relics etc, which can to some degree compete with the old relics but are still inferior - but only available if you grind shards, which outside the soon to be nerfed pvp skill relic is not easily gotten: it requires destruction of many relics to get them in amounts that is meaningful.

For melee classes the new relics are ok, but for tactical classes the new relics is a nerf compared to what they could get before.

I dont mind grinding, but to call what I produce disposable when its clearly an effort to get, is absurd. Maybe insulting.
    Oh well.
    Thanks for the concise description, coincides with the way I feel and see it. I am very frustrated with the relic situation. Before I got my Li and at each reforge I upgraded my relics. Now I don't have relics in my LI except for after the final reforge, which is usually less than 50% time I use a LI. So until I hit level cap and get my LI to max and get max relics, I will not have a relic in my LI thus almost worthless.

Stick to t1 relics. They are approximately 50% of the effectlevel of a t6 relic on stats, and 2/3rd of the ratings. Level 2 deconning a few items should set you up
    Truly disposable.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedDeath View Post
    Maybe Turbine will take pity on everyone and put relic removal scrolls up for 40-50% off. Would be nice.
    That is a genius idea! I bet people would spend money to buy enough TPs to stock up on some of those for later on too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000025fdb/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The sad thing is now , if you level a new character then you will have a weapon you don't want to put any work into much for 30 levels .

Another point that people never mentioned about the bad old legendary days is that generally people were content with legendaries that weren't perfect then. Nowadays because you can buy or grind your way reliably to a perfect weapon it is the expectation that you should have one.

Relative to each other no one is better off and to beat the game perfect legendaries were never really needed. The only winner is Turbine because they have created a need that the store can service when the player enevitably gets fed up with grinding.