We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Item XP Runes

Item XP Runes

Hi
    i am almost 58 and i have bought a hunters bow of the first age(teal quality)which i ll be able to use at 59(im using my maxed bow from the vol2 quest).my question is :i have collected many item exp runes from drops from mobs quest repetables and barterables in moria.im wondering if use a 127k(i think)item exp rune the weapon will surely need reforge.lets say that the first 10 lvls are maxed at 10k exp(i think i read it somewhere).will the rest 117k exp be saved to an exp point pool or the rune will be wasted?(only 10k will be used)So should i use the 10k ones and 6700 first or what?
    [pls dont post an answer telling me to wait till isengard to get a new lvl 59 legendary or something like that except its easy to get/barter]
    thx in advance

Re: Item XP Runes

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslayer_withywindle View Post
    Hi
    i am almost 58 and i have bought a hunters bow of the first age(teal quality)which i ll be able to use at 59(im using my maxed bow from the vol2 quest).my question is :i have collected many item exp runes from drops from mobs quest repetables and barterables in moria.im wondering if use a 127k(i think)item exp rune the weapon will surely need reforge.lets say that the first 10 lvls are maxed at 10k exp(i think i read it somewhere).will the rest 117k exp be saved to an exp point pool or the rune will be wasted?(only 10k will be used)So should i use the 10k ones and 6700 first or what?
    [pls dont post an answer telling me to wait till isengard to get a new lvl 59 legendary or something like that except its easy to get/barter]
    thx in advance
    Yes. If you use IXP that causes a reforge, overflow goes into a pool that is applied after the reforge.

Place where you lose is if the item hits max level. e.g. if you apply a ton of IXP and drive a weapon to level 60 and 60 is the max level for the weapon, you lose the extra IXP. So if you are doing that, use your delving scroll to increase the max level to 70 BEFORE applying an IXP pill.

ok m8 thx for the quick answer

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    Yes. If you use IXP that causes a reforge, overflow goes into a pool that is applied after the reforge.

Place where you lose is if the item hits max level. e.g. if you apply a ton of IXP and drive a weapon to level 60 and 60 is the max level for the weapon, you lose the extra IXP. So if you are doing that, use your delving scroll to increase the max level to 70 BEFORE applying an IXP pill.
    I was looking for the same info, so thanks from me too.
    Three fighters for the Free People under the sky
    Six less frequently used, on their benches of stone
    Nine they are in total, doomed to guild crafting
    One will never move from the oven, 'cause I can't play Burglar

This functionality only works with runes. Excess quest and kill item experience points are always lost.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.