We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ignore list filled with goldspammers and no way to "clear all"...

The recent spate of gold-spamming is annoying enough, but now there's an added wrinkle...I've been using the handy right-click "report as goldspammer" feature but now my ignore list is ballooning to the point where it's very close to maximum size so very soon I won't be able to do this any longer unless I also manually remove some names from my ignore list every time. Unfortunately the current implementation means I'd have to remove the names one by one which is almost as annoying as the goldspamming in the first place.

Could the devs please consider either:

(1) add some sort of wildcard option to the /ignore remove function to allow removal of multiple/all names. Maybe something like " /ignore remove *" or "/ignore remove *all*"....

or

(2) when someone has been reported as a goldspammer and been dealt with, could that char name be auto-removed from people's ignore lists?

(or (3) even better, prevent the goldspamming altogether )

Thanks

Post Re: Ignore list filled with goldspammers and no way to "clear all"...

A good feature but I don't think it will be implemented. Just like you can't open all your mail, or decon all the LI you bartered/picked up. Gotta do it all manually, why in god's name why, I have not the slightest idea.

Wait did I miss a button somewhere? Gotta be spoiled coming from DDO where you can open all mail.

Re: Ignore list filled with goldspammers and no way to "clear all"...

Maybe I'm mixing this up with a different game, are friends not removed from the friends list if they no longer exist (character deleted)?

That should then be the same for the ignore list.
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][B]Rouven[/B]* – official representative** of the silent[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] majority[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]U[FONT=Wingdings]U[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial] for 130 years[/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]¸[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c214000000044504/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][URL="http://my.lotro.com/user-1069763/2011/05/18/the-footnote/"]Important [I]footnotes[/I] to the above can be found here.[/URL][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I think a key difference is that when a friend deletes the toon he is gone and the character slot is available to hold a new toon. Short of rolling back part of the database all the information is deleted. When a spammer gets banned the toon still exists, but is serving a permanent ban. In theory Turbine could unban the spammer as easily as they banned him, but unless the ban was a mistake I doubt they would.

Take a case of someone not being permanently banned... For instance if you put me on ignore and reported me for some fictitious inappropriate conduct you probably wouldn't want me removed from your ignore list when I got hit for a couple days with the ban hammer. You'd want me to stay on your ignore list after I'd served my ban and was roaming the server again.
    Last edited by Linrem; Sep 23 2011 at 04:56 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000007a117/01003/signature.png]Anwyne[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Rouven View Post
    Maybe I'm mixing this up with a different game, are friends not removed from the friends list if they no longer exist (character deleted)?
    No. You have to manually remove them. If the character is deleted you can not use the chat channel command. You have to remove them directly from the friends or ignore list using the remove button.

As far as I know the only automatic removal is from a kinship. You get the cryptic Yula has left your kinship message on deletion.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.