We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to get a few relics

Hello

My second character just got his LIs at L45-46. I would like to get a bunch of low tier relics for them, but I can't level up another LI and decon (they are L51 minimum). Is there another quick way to get a variety of relics?

Thank's a lot
    Óscar

Re: How to get a few relics

I would recommend doing a couple skirmishes. T1s are pretty cheap IIRC.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

If you have higher level toons, you can do things to get the relic boxes and don't deconstruct them. Send them to your lower level toon.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

First of all, if you have not completed all the epic quests of Volume 2 Book 1, do that. What I'm going to tell you needs all the features of the Relic Master NPC unlocked and that happens when you have finished Vol 2 Book 1.

You can trade skirmish marks for "fused relics" at any skirmish camp. The "Legendary" NPC in the skirmish camp has them. Take the fused relics to a Relic Master NPC and "deconstruct" them. You will get 4 - 5 relics from each fused relic. The game chooses the relics at random, you do not pick which relics you will get.

If you are high enough in a craft and have enough reputation in a crafting guild you can make some relics. Each guild has restrictions on what relics it can make. You don't actually make the relics, you make special guild items that you trade to the guild leader NPC and they give you the relics. These relics come in sealed boxes, so take the box to a Relic Master NPC and they will open the box for you. Sealed (and fused) relics can be sold to vendor NPC's so be careful when you sell junk in your bags when you are carrying sealed/fused relics, you could sell your sealed/fused relics by accident.

Some crafted relics can be sold/traded with other players (you can buy/sell them on the auction house), but they can only be sold/traded while they are still sealed in their box.

Relic Master NPC's can also "refine" relics into "shards", which you can use to make new relics, and you can choose exactly which relics will be made from your shards. The down side of this is that you will need to refine multiple relics to get enough shards to make one new relic, so it's not very cost effective, but if there is a particular relic you want and you don't want to rely on random chance to get it, using shards will guarrantee that you get the exact relic you want. The relic master can also make other things from the shards, not just new relics.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)

As always, the answer is in skirmishes!
    I thought that you would only get one relic from each Fused Relic, but now I see that they are what I was looking for.
    Tonight I will do a couple of skimishes, thank's a lot, guys.

PS: Also, I didn't know that you could make relics from shards.

Óscar
    Last edited by avaaescaner; Sep 21 2011 at 10:38 AM.

As a gentle reminder, relics are single use unless you are willing to buy extraction tools from the Lotro Store. You will replacing your legendary items frequently as you level up. This becomes a personal decision as to how much game play time you wish to spend tuning a legendary item that will soon be discarded.

My recommendation would be to wait until you have access to the loot drop items. They are like candy. They are everywhere. They are inexpensive to buy from other players for silver. Slot them - take them to level 2 - deconstruct them. A few of them will give you enough tier 1s to last you until you get a pair of sweet character level 75 items.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Sep 21 2011 at 09:51 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Tantalus is right - there is little point acquiring and equipping high tier relics until you have the end game weapon you want. You should certainly Put some time into acquiring and melding relics to use in your final weapon, but tier two relics will do the job nicely along the way.

You will generally be leveling up and getting better (higher level) legendaries pretty quickly, so paying too much attention to your early legendaries is counterproductive.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000047263/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Deproelius | Throelmur | Throelmud | Pixi | Harford | Amestra | Mellania | Portentus | Gilanthus | Lurolas | Demosthen | Lurolan
    Shapnakarash | Shapnakharash | Shapnakkarash | Ruark | Gulmurathur | Bregnanduilasraen

Quote Originally Posted by GarethB View Post
    Relic Master NPC's can also "refine" relics into "shards", which you can use to make new relics, and you can choose exactly which relics will be made from your shards. The down side of this is that you will need to refine multiple relics to get enough shards to make one new relic, so it's not very cost effective, but if there is a particular relic you want and you don't want to rely on random chance to get it, using shards will guarrantee that you get the exact relic you want. The relic master can also make other things from the shards, not just new relics.
    I didn't know this and it is really great.
    I crafted a minor symbol of morale with my cook, refined it and got +60 shards plus a 10K IXP scroll!!! :-) Too bad it is for minimum L50. The possibility to refund relics+shards into the type you want is awesome. I went into a skirmish, got a Fused Iron T3, which got me two T3 relics and now I have my two LIs with the T1 and T3 relics that I want. Cool. I have to do the same with my L55 minstrel!

PS: Since this character (a Champ) got his first LI at L45, the second one at L46 and still is L47, I won't be swapping LIs at least till L53 or L54. So I am going to spend quite a few combats with them. This is why I think that spending a few low tier (T1-T3) relics in them is a good investment.

Thsnk's a lot, guys! You really helped me
    Óscar