We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

reforged v/s non reforged

I have noticed that reforged legindary items cost a lot more in the AuctionHhouse compared to "drops" for the same level.
    As I am about to equip my first ever level 65 weapon, what is the diference, if any, between a refored second age weapon (level 65) and a second age weapon (level 65) and should I care which one I buy?

Re: reforged v/s non reforged

For 65 there is only reforged weaons, the dropped 2As are only in Moria. So obvious choice
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001972c8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Reforged 2nd age are crafted and require a symbol of celebrimbor, these are drops from mirkwood instance or purchased with a substantial number of skirmish marks. The price probably reflects the symbol cost. Given that isengard and level cap increases in a week now is probably not a good time to invest much in new legendary items as they will become obselete quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    Reforged 2nd age are crafted and require a symbol of celebrimbor, these are drops from mirkwood instance or purchased with a substantial number of skirmish marks..
    Sorry, but the number of marks needed is anything but substantial. One or two day's runs through a few 'daily' skirmishes (depends on how many you want to do in one go) will get you the Third Marks and SMs needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiwilliam View Post
    I have noticed that reforged legindary items cost a lot more in the AuctionHhouse compared to "drops" for the same level.
    As I am about to equip my first ever level 65 weapon, what is the diference, if any, between a refored second age weapon (level 65) and a second age weapon (level 65) and should I care which one I buy?
    If you have plenty of gold then by all means buy one, however with RoI about to make level 65 LIs far less useful (I'll not say obsolete since they'll still be viable for non-fighting uses) then IMO buying one for anything other than pocket change right now is not a wise investment.

I take if from these responces that stats wise ther is no diference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiwilliam View Post
    I take if from these responces that stats wise ther is no diference between the two?
    LI equip level is the only factor, nothing else affects them. If you have a looted and crafted LI of the same level and age, they are identical, except for randomly generated qualities (initial legacies and in case of 2h weps, the stat bonuses).

Don't forget appearances. A level 60 weapon drop looks different from a reforged of the same level. The only other thing that is really different is the 65 reforged hunter sword versus the 65 hunter sword you can get as a reward from volume 3 epic storyline.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000002873d/signature.png]Ichaerus[/charsig]