We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will First Age 65 Weapons have the same or less dps than Third Age 75's?

I suspect this answer is buried in a post somewhere, but I thought I would make a clear thread on this point.
    Someone must surely know the answer to this?????
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Will First Age 65 Weapons have the same or less dps than Third Age 75's?

Level 75 weapons will be fairly dramatic upgrades from level 65 weapons, even first agers. I think the DPS number on a 1-hander was said to be something in the 112 range.

Honestly, I'm not sure what would make you think that this might be the case... a level 60 1st age is totally eclipsed by a level 65 3rd age, and this is a 10 level difference, not 5...

Quote Originally Posted by skadi View Post

Honestly, I'm not sure what would make you think that this might be the case... a level 60 1st age is totally eclipsed by a level 65 3rd age, and this is a 10 level difference, not 5...
    TBH:
    A false, if not fatalistic, enduring sense of hope that the time and energy I spent grinding IXP would not be wasted.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000011d9cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by skadi View Post
    Level 75 weapons will be fairly dramatic upgrades from level 65 weapons, even first agers. I think the DPS number on a 1-hander was said to be something in the 112 range.
    I saw a screen shot of one handed weapon level 75 - not legendary with 140 dps. Best I can tell you are looking at a 10% increase in DPS per character level for weapons. That would put a level 75 at about double the damage output of a level 65.

If my estimate is correct, DPS classes like Hunters are going to quickly find their level 65 weapons out of date. The raw DPS of Isengard weapons are going to outstrip the combination of maxed DPS legacy + the DPS support legacies on the 65 items in short order.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Short answer: yes.
    For tactical weapons, or tactical damage modifier maxes out at 20 on 65 first agers.
    I believe 75 3rd agers started at 25-ish (if I remember correctly), so any lvl 75 offensive item will dramatically out-dps a 65 1st ager.
    That being said I'm going to hang on to my lvl 65 items where the heal/damage rating doesn't matter.
    85 RK | 85 CHMP | 75 BRG | many others

Quote Originally Posted by ShammWoww View Post
    Short answer: yes.

That being said I'm going to hang on to my lvl 65 items where the heal/damage rating doesn't matter.
    Yes. Interestingly enough, the swap out to a Level 75 LI appears to really only be necessary for a DPS Wep. Tactical classes that have dedicated LIs where the DPS/Healing Ratings are inconsequential won't have to change. In fact, my RK's changing his pre-F2P Second Age DPS Bag and Healing Stone with 7 legacies would actually be downgrades from what he currently uses. lol

My Warden, on the other hand, will have to retool completely...
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

Going on past experience with the LI system; a two level difference from a 2nd age to a 3rd age will see an increase to DPS. A four level difference from a 1st age to a 3rd age will see an increase to DPS.

So you will most likely notice a DPS difference at the following levels:

67 Third Age > 65 2nd Age Weapon
    69 Third Age > 65 1st Age Weapon
    Last edited by Redrider.; Sep 20 2011 at 03:33 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000000916a6/01007/signature.png]Redrider[/charsig]