We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gold spammers on GLFF

Is there a way to get rid of the gold spammers other than just repeatingly report them ? Cause it's really starting to be annoying and i predict alot of people will leave GLFF because of that.

Re: Gold spammers on GLFF

the player made channel is tough cuz i believe (and i may be wrong as i dont use GLFF or any player chat channel) there are moderating tools for player made chat channels, but the moderator has to set them (in this case kick the offender). the hard part of that with GLFF is that the person has to know they are the moderator, which in this case, changes hands often based on log in/out.

it sucks hardcore that spammers are back, but rest assured that as greedy as the spammers are im sure turbine has that same idea when they see people buy their way to riches instead of paying money while doing it themselves.
    Really good leaders can lead without anyone even realizing the fact. And the elite few that make their grip on power known, exert their power in such a way that no one really cares they are being manipulated.

Players on Arkenstone created an alternate glff channel protected with a password (you can spread it via e.g. kinship MOTD).
    Until Turbine manages to weed out the spam this could be a viable interim solution.
    using [Gold Dye] on spam does not improve its taste

It could suck for newbs but...

I say disable chat for new "toons" to level 10.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000001b59b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

How is it possible that Turbine GMs don't see this. It's right in the biggest channel, all the time. All you have to do is logged in.

Instead they ban people who reported gold spammers. What gives?

i reported every gold spammer i saw and i was never banned. :shrug:

Re: It could suck for newbs but...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabax View Post
    I say disable chat for new "toons" to level 10.
    Or maybe even 20, since you can't do any skirmishes/classic instances until then. Make the Gold spammers put some effort into their characters. Otherwise when banned they just create a new one.

Or you could have a mechanic that bans a person when X number of people report them as Gold Spammers...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000094dc4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I find it abit harsh to just disable chat for lower lvl players because there are some rotten apples in the community like gold spammers. (which spoken of: havent seen one in weeks. not often in the lower areas but still). you disable the newer players then from advice and the means to ask for help for certain things like small fellowship quest and crafting help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000007101d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]