We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

So, since the last thread turned into the usual flame thing (and more than likely this one will as well) I decided to start this thread for people to just throw out kudos for fun battles they have had.

Last week Helob and I (on Pathetic) had a running 2v2 against Aergollor and Elthilioneth. it ranged between lugs res and grams. 2 spiders vs 2 LMs. Was a lot of fun, killed each other a few times and seemed pretty evenly matched as we tried to out meneuver each other. Kudos to you guys.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215010000067e7e/signature.png]Lugabadush[/charsig]

Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Luga View Post
    So, since the last thread turned into the usual flame thing (and more than likely this one will as well) I decided to start this thread for people to just throw out kudos for fun battles they have had.

Good thought!...and believe it or not, the first fun battle that comes to my mind for me was the one series of 1v1 Arkenhelm had against Lugbadush....dunno if you remember......it was fairly equal and unpredictable.....started at Grothum and fought all uptil TR I got you, then you came back and got me twice and went on a couple of times that same day....one of the most fun 1v1s I've had

There have been many others but am not able to recall any specific one.....btw loved all the balanced RvRs we've had on this server.....best battles ever
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Luga View Post
    Last week Helob and I (on Pathetic) had a running 2v2 against Aergollor and Elthilioneth. it ranged between lugs res and grams. 2 spiders vs 2 LMs. Was a lot of fun, killed each other a few times and seemed pretty evenly matched as we tried to out meneuver each other. Kudos to you guys.
    Yup. Best fights are smaller numbers open field. A lot of people seem to quit when the group gets a little smaller so it's either a raid or no one at all. They are missing the party. 2v2s 3v3s 4v4s are the most fun and most points.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

one of the most entertaining battle i have ever had was when i was on my defiler.
    me, sarlat this low ranked BA, and someone else that i completely forgot, began fighting a small burg pack consisting of Danigar, Nishka, and Surprise, lasted a very long fight from under WTAB to TA lawn i think, was a good fight over all.

====Darkfling======

I had a free day today so I spent the better part of the day relaxing on PvMP, and there seemed to be a constant battle going on all throughout the day, it was amazing. The advantage swung between sides, but regardless of who had it I was having lots of fun. Thanks to all the freeps who stuck through it and fought back when we were charging through TA with our horde.
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Well, I'll go ahead and throw my 2 cents in on this conversation, since a) I'm a F2P'er recently given Moors access and b) I thoroughly enjoy recounting battles fought.

Over the past week, almost 2 weeks now, I've been in numerous groups, on about 4 different servers, myself capable of switching between a variety of reavers of mine. The most memorable battle for me so far was last night, when I was able to get in on a raid group that formed up to defend Lugz. We had fought some small battles around Stab/Wtab first, then moved back to Lugz, waiting for the freeps to attempt to move in. We fought on Lugz lawn for a bit, where I got a KB on Aergellor (apologies if I misspelled this...)! woot woot. Then we pushed forward to Wtab, retaking the bridge as the freeps had retreated back into TA and regrouped. We fought several battles at Wtab...and then, our raid leader had a brilliant plan, and we pulled it off successfully (don't think we lost a single creep when that plan went off - and we totally decimated them!) After that, we pushed into TA and recaptured the keep (one of the freeps from the earlier battles actually interfered on our fight against the CG - but our arrows took em down!) We took the keep, then went on a bit of a tour, finally retaking Isendeep and capturing one OP. The earlier fights on Lugz lawn and at TA and its bridges were epic though!
    [LEFT][URL="http://siegebreakers.guildlaunch.com"][B]Siege Breakers Kinsite[/B][/URL][/LEFT]
    [RIGHT][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?377885-What-happens-if...-answers-about-the-account-types&p=5416401#post5416401"][B]Account Types Explained![/B][/URL][/RIGHT]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006b6f1/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[URL="http://my.lotro.com/referral/Kragald"]Referred by Kragald![/URL]

A day or two ago there was a very nice set of fights near TR. The fight was concentrated around a rock just south of TR for quite some time, then move towards LC, then back to TR, and ended up on the TR stairs where it stayed for a good deal of time. I haven't fought in a stalemate like that in a very long time, and it was fun and interesting to continually try different tactics to force the Freeps out. Eventually, the Creeps won and pushed the Freeps out, but as the Freeps held in there for such a long time, I'd like to declare it a draw was very fun, thanks to everyone involved. And well done Freeps with the heals, organization, focus fire, and use of tar. *shakes paw at tar*
    [center]"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."

"It doesn't matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationary.[/center]

Just realized this hasn't turned into a flame thread yet, as Lug predicted. Would hate to prove him wrong. *lights his extra bow strings on fire* That'll teach you to use wax alongside flaming arrows. Only you can prevent forest fires, Lug.

Cool Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

I had a cool Battle with Ludoll a few days ago i lost all 3 rounds thogh, gratz to lud an epic kiter, but the one person id love to go to to toe with is isaborn in a 1 on 1 want t osee if i could make it to meele range

Wink Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

Big thanks to all Mordor forces for the great battles in Gram-Lug area tonight. It was really fun, guys. See you soon.
    Sincerely yours, Ben.
    Last edited by Bengly; Nov 19 2011 at 10:51 AM.

I agree heartily!! That was how it should be.

Speaking of fun battles, last night there was a very enjoyable conflict between the Orc Camp and the Lugz rez stones. It went back and forth for quite awhile and was still going when I logged out at 1:30 am. I think it was a balanced fight and the little Hamburgerguy(I forget his real name) provided gut splitting laughter. I was so amused I forgot to launch arrows at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbashdie View Post
    Speaking of fun battles, last night there was a very enjoyable conflict between the Orc Camp and the Lugz rez stones. It went back and forth for quite awhile and was still going when I logged out at 1:30 am. I think it was a balanced fight and the little Hamburgerguy(I forget his real name) provided gut splitting laughter. I was so amused I forgot to launch arrows at times.
    Ahahaha i was there! that guy was hilarious, but i didn't know if he was a distraction or something. His name is Hamburgerhelper lols. Was a great battle, but freeps outnumbered us and had a ranger(and all keeps).

Quote Originally Posted by eugh View Post
    freeps outnumbered us and had a ranger(and all keeps).
    I wasn't there, but this is common these days. Huge zerg on creeps gives freeps the outnumbered buff, freeps come to play, creeps log or flip sides, and now it's a freep zerg. They can't do it the other way around, because the one hour timer only goes from freep to creep. There's no skill involved, nor will any be attained.
    [i]"And high in the north as a challenge to Melkor she set the crown of seven mighty stars to swing, Valacirca, the Sickle of the Valar and sign of doom."[/i]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000005eb/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyD View Post
    I wasn't there, but this is common these days. Huge zerg on creeps gives freeps the outnumbered buff, freeps come to play, creeps log or flip sides, and now it's a freep zerg. They can't do it the other way around, because the one hour timer only goes from freep to creep. There's no skill involved, nor will any be attained.
    I won't start a disscusion here, but you are mostly right. Since RoI both creeps and freeps take keeps for quests. Some of them prefer to take them and not to PvP, I mean, they go push when there's a fair quanty of creeps/freeps to fight and its not a zerg, but they go take respective rez and start fighting with the adventaje.

There's no 1 hour wait time when flipping from Freep to Creep anymore.

I would have to say that last night (with the open battles around OC and Lugz) as been the my favorite night since moving to this server. We were little short on healers but all in all I think everyone had fun on the creep side. I am sure everyone must have been happy with the renown and infamy gains.

Yeah, that was great fun. Thanks to everyone who participated in the raid, we had some great organization and focus fire going for a while there

Cool Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

I had a fun skirmish with the burg pack that was out a few days ago(arag,cognus and sandgirl) though it was more of 3 on 1 with me running away alot, or just being annoyng by pouncing one of them then running away and spam tracking htem. from ec to hh to gv back to ec. where tehy finally manged to take my renown from me.

I see you. Your not gonna see me till after your defeted, and you wont know it was me till you check your combat log. Silent,vigilant,crafty, sneaky, Stealth ninja!!!!

Thumbs down Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

lol Sean, you just jump on my burg and then sprint/HIPS, even when I detct you and riddle you. You only start really fighting me when another warg jumps on me and we start 2 vs 1ing

I was one of "another wargs" and I thought it was enormous fun. A Burg Pack! Why worry about 1v1 or 1v anything? I play for the enjoyment and that was super! An actual balance was there for quite a while and what more could we ask for? Thanks for being there and I hope it can happen again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150100000c0e34/signature.png]Griznakh[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Inglaran View Post
    lol Sean, you just jump on my burg and then sprint/HIPS, even when I detct you and riddle you. You only start really fighting me when another warg jumps on me and we start 2 vs 1ing
    Yup, yup,yup, i can't beat you solo. and thats my way of saying hi. i do it to all burgs i run into. if i tried t ofight you id just get pwned really hard.

Wink Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel2000 View Post
    I was one of "another wargs" and I thought it was enormous fun. A Burg Pack! Why worry about 1v1 or 1v anything? I play for the enjoyment and that was super! An actual balance was there for quite a while and what more could we ask for? Thanks for being there and I hope it can happen again.
    I wasn't in the burg pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanter View Post
    Yup, yup,yup, i can't beat you solo. and thats my way of saying hi. i do it to all burgs i run into. if i tried t ofight you id just get pwned really hard.
    lol, you are just wasting my and your time, get a warg pack and kill me

Lightbulb Re: Fun Battles I Have Had on Imladris

Quote Originally Posted by Inglaran View Post
    I wasn't in the burg pack.

lol, you are just wasting my and your time, get a warg pack and kill me
    wait wait wait i got one id like a CUB sandwich. hehehe (thats the lion king for you all) so your rather i zerg you then attac kyou and stage a tactical retreat?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast