We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RoI is almost here! Get your LIs honed and ready!

Did people see Turbine's latest store special?

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...eptember-16-22

They gotta be ####ing with us, right? I feel really bad for the chumps that don't keep up with the beta rumours and board activity. Those cats don't know that every DPS item in their possession will be completely and utterly obsolete in no more than 2 weeks and 2 days. It doesn't matter how well tweaked or perfect that First Age LI is- it is now 100% junk.

I can't believe Turbine would do something so slimey as to offer a Legendary Item store sale and encourage everyone to buy upgrades just before they are forced to junk their LIs. Turbine is basically encouraging people to set their money on fire.
    Last edited by bastiat1; Sep 17 2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Adaaon (Minstrel), Gwydionn (Hunter), Tarrann (Burglar)
    [url]http://thenoldor.guildlaunch.com[/url]

Re: RoI is almost here! Get your LIs honed and ready!

Or, you could buy some of this stuff while it's on sale and save it for your level 75 items once you get them. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by opurt View Post
    Or, you could buy some of this stuff while it's on sale and save it for your level 75 items once you get them. Just sayin.
    And who tells you they are going to work on lvl 75 LIs?

Quote Originally Posted by CFury View Post
    And who tells you they are going to work on lvl 75 LIs?
    From the other thread with the same question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Your answer: Yes! The store legacies will work with level 65+ weapons, and will not go out of date in a few weeks. You won't have to worry about them suddenly not working.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Another pay to win and yet another proof of the Store's direction
    Well done Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by Fipiara View Post
    From the other thread with the same question:
    Apart from the fact that legacies are the least grind in tedious LI grind. Slot some trash and forget about it, play normally until it dings lvl 30 and voila - legacy. Same T2 like every other including that overpriced store one.
    And then the real grind begins...

Get your LIs honed and ready for dumping, yeah.

Apart from the fact that legacies are the least grind in tedious LI grind. Slot some trash and forget about it, play normally until it dings lvl 30 and voila - legacy. Same T2 like every other including that overpriced store one.
    And then the real grind begins...

Get your LIs honed and ready for dumping, yeah.
    Oh, I agree with you. With the sheer amount of ixp that is to be gained while leveling from 65-75, if you try you will be swarming with scrolls to be used at 75 long before you get there.
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

Legacy scrolls were not the problem. It was scrolls of empowerment. Some effort to get the scrolls of delving.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Legacy scrolls were not the problem. It was scrolls of empowerment. Some effort to get the scrolls of delving.
    Scrolls of Delving are not needed in such amount and they were cheaper. Running few Mirk instances/raids would give you enough meds, not to mention Enedwaith dailies. So 1 scroll per LI and you didnt need them for how long...

Its emp scrolls that go in insane amounts, I know I spent 20 of them on my champs 1st age sword (it was that bad). One just has to compare how many skirmish marks/OD meds/Ened rep golden thingies take to get 20 emp scrolls for single LI and we see where the real grind lies. I would have like 3 replacement legacies in time it would take me to get single emp. scroll.

Scrolls of Delving are not needed in such amount and they were cheaper. Running few Mirk instances/raids would give you enough meds, not to mention Enedwaith dailies. So 1 scroll per LI and you didnt need them for how long...
    Currently the Greater Scrolls of Delving are rather hard to get. Although you will not need many of them, getting them will be a lot of work. My estimate is that a Greater Scroll of Delving is about the time investment of 10 Greater Scrolls of Empowerment. Hopefully that will change in a later update or the live build for Isengard.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Sep 18 2011 at 10:21 AM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Its emp scrolls that go in insane amounts, I know I spent 20 of them on my champs 1st age sword (it was that bad). One just has to compare how many skirmish marks/OD meds/Ened rep golden thingies take to get 20 emp scrolls for single LI and we see where the real grind lies. I would have like 3 replacement legacies in time it would take me to get single emp. scroll.
    Remember before SOEs, when we had to grind tons of LIs to level 30 just to see if they would be useful? Only to find out it sucked and had to start all over again. And again. And again. And again........So we told Turbine, "Hey, we know we need to grind for this stuff. But it would be nice to know that there was something guaranteed at the end of the grind." So Turbine said, "Ok, here are SOEs. The grind is still there, but now you know exactly where it will end, and you'll get exactly what you want at the end."

And now you guys are complaining that Turbine gave us what we wanted and we still have to grind for it? Seriously, you guys won't be happy until they place a perfectly forged level 75 1st Age in your hands the second you roll a new toon.

Remember before SOEs, when we had to grind tons of LIs to level 30 just to see if they would be useful? Only to find out it sucked and had to start all over again. And again. And again. And again........So we told Turbine, "Hey, we know we need to grind for this stuff. But it would be nice to know that there was something guaranteed at the end of the grind." So Turbine said, "Ok, here are SOEs. The grind is still there, but now you know exactly where it will end, and you'll get exactly what you want at the end."

And now you guys are complaining that Turbine gave us what we wanted and we still have to grind for it? Seriously, you guys won't be happy until they place a perfectly forged level 75 1st Age in your hands the second you roll a new toon.
    So if we dont want mindless boring repetitive grind to completely kill our enjoyment in game, we want insta gratifications? That is an insult.

How about Turbine actually gives us something FUN and CHALLENGING to do instead of boiling down endgame to absolutely unimaginative same old grind?

Or is that too novel idea for you?

Remember before SOEs, when we had to grind tons of LIs to level 30 just to see if they would be useful? ...
    And also before that, when reforges that added legacy were at 10, 30, & 50. Raising an LI to 50 without crafting instances barter tokens, without bounties, without skirmishes only to realize at cap the item did not measure up.....shiver....