We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 132
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    24

    What is next after this expansion?

    I am really interested in seeing what area will be released after this expansion. What area do you think Turbine will release next as we travel the down the story line? Will LOTRO be around to complete the whole story line? I truly hope so. I really enjoy playing this game and I am currently leveling all my crafting toons to 65 so I can get the new recipes that are coming. I like the idea that we are exploring an area that the books do not really go deeply into with this expansion. If this subject has a thread all ready started I apologize.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000c0e15/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    15

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Well We have yet to see Gondor, and Mordor, so I would think those two would be next on the list as well as Harrad?

  3. #3

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    I guess it also depends on how closely the storylines of our characters follow the actual LOTR storyline. The Fellowship's been stalled in Lorien for quite a while, so I guess the fact that we're headed to Isengard now means that Turbine has started to follow the "real" story again.

    [color=pink]Some must fight, so that all may be free.[/color]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    521

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Mordor will be very late on the list. After RoI, the Riddermark and then probably north. Fangorn forest will likely be on the dev list, as well as going further into Mirkwood and beyond to see Lonely Mountain and Lake Town.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b9d6b/01001/signature.png]Karhald[/charsig]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by GV-Tanith View Post
    I guess it also depends on how closely the storylines of our characters follow the actual LOTR storyline. The Fellowship's been stalled in Lorien for quite a while, so I guess the fact that we're headed to Isengard now means that Turbine has started to follow the "real" story again.

    They left Lorien sometime ago. By the time of the Volume 3 prologue, they are on their way down the Anduin.

    In terms of the timeline, we are somewhere between the 17th and 25th of February (Théodred falls at the First Battle of the Fords of Isen on the 25th, the Fellowship is broken the following day).
    Last edited by Macfeast; Sep 16 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

    ---


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    335

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by WyndSyrin View Post
    Well We have yet to see Gondor, and Mordor, so I would think those two would be next on the list as well as Harrad?
    None of these will be anytime soon, Your talking years before any of those come out, probly will see the rest of mirkwood (Northern part where the wood elves are you know Legolas's people ) because The Hobbit movie should be out by that time so, also wll probly show some of Dale, The Iron Hills maybe even see some of Fangore Forest and rest of Rohan, who knows I just know it wont be anytime soon maybe (hopefully) this time next year we will get to see at least one of the ones I have brought up
    [COLOR="Green"]Legoor Hunter 100th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Red"]Arhire Guardian 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Blue"]Thaminail Runekeeper 95th[/COLOR]|[COLOR="Yellow"]Astrobulis LoreMaster 95th[/COLOR]

  7. #7

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Turbine got lots of parallel paths to follow at this time. The fellowship is breaking into 3 duos, and two solos. They could spend five years following a piece of:
    1) Gandalf
    2) Aragorn
    3) One pair of Hobbits
    4) The other pair of Hobbits
    5) Legolas and Gimli
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  8. #8

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine got lots of parallel paths to follow at this time. The fellowship is breaking into 3 duos, and two solos. They could spend five years following a piece of:
    1) Gandalf
    2) Aragorn
    3) One pair of Hobbits
    4) The other pair of Hobbits
    5) Legolas and Gimli
    Legolas and Gimli are never separated from Aragorn (except during the Battle of Helms Deep) between Boromir's death and the end of the war. One pair of Hobbits are split however, Pippin going with Gandalf after Isengard and Merry following the Rohirrim.

  9. #9

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    Legolas and Gimli are never separated from Aragorn (except during the Battle of Helms Deep) between Boromir's death and the end of the war. One pair of Hobbits are split however, Pippin going with Gandalf after Isengard and Merry following the Rohirrim.
    I understand. Look at the Mirkwood expansion. What does that cover 3 days activity by Lorien as a diversion for the fellowship as they leave Lorien on that way down Anduin?

    Turbine could easily do an entire annual expansion on the adventures of Legolas and Gimli from the time they leave the fellowship until they meet up again.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    57

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    I wanna see Fanghorn, Gondor and Mordor.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000203b25/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black]Mordecai 60 LM - Mortality 60 Hunter[/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,269

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    If you think about it Turbine has always made sure that we rarely cross paths with the Fellowship. There has been preference to focus on things that are either receive only passing reference in the books (Mirkwood, Grey Company in Enedwaith) or that do not figure in the books at all (sending us to Forochel & Angmar). This gives them the most developmental freedom.

    They are going to have to balance this against a strong desire for players and fans to see Rohan & Gondor. I am not sure what would balance those two competing forces. They never get us heavily invovled in the original story. I assume we will get separated from the Grey Company and sent off in a new story line direction but I have no idea what it will end up being.
    Tin foil hats will be big this season - Coco Chanel

  12. #12
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,519

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTHIN View Post
    I am really interested in seeing what area will be released after this expansion. What area do you think Turbine will release next as we travel the down the story line? Will LOTRO be around to complete the whole story line? I truly hope so. I really enjoy playing this game and I am currently leveling all my crafting toons to 65 so I can get the new recipes that are coming. I like the idea that we are exploring an area that the books do not really go deeply into with this expansion. If this subject has a thread all ready started I apologize.

    *Whistles knowingly*

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,401

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    /beg

    :P

    Personally, I think Rohan first, and then during the Mustering (after Helm's Deep battle) we'll be going north up to North Mirkwood/Dale/Erebor. Assuming Turbine gets the rights back to 'The Hobbit' again before that :/

    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

  14. #14

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    In the (mostly forgotten) words of James Coburn from that Mel Gibson movie, "Payback,":
    "Now, that's just plain MEAN!"
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,269

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    *Starts baking cookies for bribes to Sapience*
    Tin foil hats will be big this season - Coco Chanel

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    546

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    Aww,thats a teaser Sapience you got to tell us whats next about new areas in Middle-earth!

    At least that would be something possitive to get players very excited, since art design its the one that always achieves the goal, of making the world looks amazing

    I am saying this because many negative things have been said (valid ones about the Store and Turbine) so please at least tell us about this, that its something that everyone in LOTRO likes to hear

    We dont wnat to hearfrom the LOTRO STORE team, but we def do want to hear from the art team

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    Wow! Your horse is named "knowingly?"
    [CENTER][LEFT][HR][/HR]When I get bored, I'll let you know.[/LEFT]

    [/CENTER]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Forums. =^_^=
    Posts
    1,699

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by MRNot View Post
    In the (mostly forgotten) words of James Coburn from that Mel Gibson movie, "Payback,":
    "Now, that's just plain MEAN!"
    That's literally what I just told him I when I saw his post. XD
    Seraphina Brennan -- Turbine Community Specialist
    "When in doubt, reach for the stars. That way you'll never come up short."

    Don't forget about our Facebook page! and Twitter page! =^_^= Questions on our policies? Read the community guidelines!
    I try to answer all of my PMs, but I get a lot! Sometimes I may not get back to you, but I have read your mail!

  19. #19

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    That's literally what I just told him I when I saw his post. XD
    Good to know I was on the right track.. ./glares at Sapience fully expecting the continued whistling & nothing more
    [I][COLOR=#daa520][FONT=comic sans ms]~ Occasional Taunter of Masked Badgers[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms] ~[/FONT][/COLOR][/I]

  20. #20

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    New
    Store
    Items.
    --Fomites Trenchfoot, R7 Burg, Knights of Amon Sul
    --Yaril Verklemptimous, R5 Weaver, Burglars Anonymous

  21. #21

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    There is one upgraded system we know has to be coming:

    Since we will be with Rohirrim, we will no longer be gathering boar droppings but will have graduated to horse droppings!
    [u][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmEsCKAb7r0"]Sauron vs. Tom Bombadil[/url][/u][COLOR="Red"] [/color][COLOR="Orange"] A fun what-if video I hope brings a smile[/color][COLOR="Red"][/color]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,269

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Something makes me think we are approaching the end of the work week in Westwood MA.
    Tin foil hats will be big this season - Coco Chanel

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*
    That is so cruel...


    pssst, Sapience, you know your not covered by SEC insider rules...
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 76 Warden, Cneasai - 39 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,056

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silchas View Post
    If you think about it Turbine has always made sure that we rarely cross paths with the Fellowship. There has been preference to focus on things that are either receive only passing reference in the books (Mirkwood, Grey Company in Enedwaith) or that do not figure in the books at all (sending us to Forochel & Angmar). This gives them the most developmental freedom.

    They are going to have to balance this against a strong desire for players and fans to see Rohan & Gondor. I am not sure what would balance those two competing forces. They never get us heavily invovled in the original story. I assume we will get separated from the Grey Company and sent off in a new story line direction but I have no idea what it will end up being.
    Thing is, the events from FotR is almost exclusively Fellowship-only events; Off course we're not going to get involved in them. I'm not sure we can apply that thinking to the events that lie ahead of us, because they are much bigger in scale and concern more than the Fellowship alone. That we have missed out on the events from the original story so far, doesn't necessarily mean we're going to do so in the future; There's quite a difference between, say, the battle of the Chamber of Mazarbul, and the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.
    Graindim Dwarrowfare, Lord of Baruk Khazad;
    Host and guide of the Pilgrimage to Khazad-Dûm.

    ---


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Look Up
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: What is next after this expansion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    *Whistles knowingly*


    Pleassseeeee?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000090b70/signature.png]Turbeinpointz[/charsig]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload