We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Good 1v1s

Re: Good 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlyn View Post
    Woulda been just as easy for you to show the link and say Here ya go.... Instead you gave a snotty remark at the end. Of course I looked btw.... Very rarely do devs actually answer player made forum posts like that.... sorry I didn't get into the 2nd page. Again though... thanks for the post. I hope the creeps get a boost and even things out.
    I thought it was ironic not snotty, dude. I just found it funny that you said "everywhere" and it was at the top of the second page of a forum titled " We need some feedback from you, developers." You'd think a "" emoticon would say, "Hey just poking fun." chill

Sorry Bloin.... didn't see the emoticon. They appear about this big ( . ) on my screen. I guess I'm just used to even my closest friends sheepishly turning against me for the next best thing. As for chilling out.... I'm about as relaxed as can be about this game bud. I stopped taking things seriously along time ago even if my words on the forums portray me otherwise. This post is proof that things can be taken a multitude of ways without meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlyn View Post
    Sorry Bloin.... didn't see the emoticon. They appear about this big ( . ) on my screen. I guess I'm just used to even my closest friends sheepishly turning against me for the next best thing. As for chilling out.... I'm about as relaxed as can be about this game bud. I stopped taking things seriously along time ago even if my words on the forums portray me otherwise. This post is proof that things can be taken a multitude of ways without meaning.
    Ah ok. This just gave me an idea for the "you know you play too much lotro pvmp."

"when you start reading the forums and think everyones out to get you!"

and wow this thread got derailed:

had some good 2v2's with sere, itty, and chiron a while back. I've come to the conclusion that I should start stockpiling those moors power pots. also burst dps doesn't work well now against Wl's.

Dear Chiron,

That 1v1 we had on Candy a couple days ago was just about the most enjoyable 1v1 I have ever had....except the part where you were going down for sure.....or so I thought....(what like 100 or 200 morale at one point?). Let's see, I potted power and athelas twice, used press onward, and strength of the earth...never before in any 1v1 have I ever done all that ;-)

And for old times sake...do you remember when:

Good Hunting,

Ell

Hmmmm Maybe i Should return to Lotro from WoT and show you creeps what 1v1 is all about lol

Howdy guys.

After i beat all the top creeps many times being undefeated i got board and went to another game lol.

I am now a Diplomatic Officer for the Sturmgrenadier online gaming syndicate...

Leading 15 tanks into battles and raging war across the NA WoT server.
    Last edited by Hokies; Oct 18 2011 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokies View Post
    Hmmmm Maybe i Should return to Lotro from WoT and show you creeps what 1v1 is all about lol

Howdy guys.

After i beat all the top creeps many times being undefeated i got board and went to another game lol.

I am now a Diplomatic Officer for the Sturmgrenadier online gaming syndicate...

Leading 15 tanks into battles and raging war across the NA WoT server.

Hah! So that's where you went! Come back....and btw you and I never sparred ;-)

Good Hunting,

Ell

Quote Originally Posted by Ellouhollia View Post
    Hah! So that's where you went! Come back....and btw you and I never sparred ;-)

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Oh i donno Waiting for Star wars old republic but playing World of Tanks till then..

Also don't think you had a creep back then? Last time i played was Early April.

Being a 7 year ffxi vet player lotro was found very easy to me and lack of a challenge..

But... I do hope to see some faces in Star wars old republic got my collectors ed pre ordered and in the beta

Hehe Ell that was indeed a nice fight. Close as all get out, I thought I was going down as well!

Probably only came down to a couple of lucky crit shouts in the end.

I lul'd at that snapshot, did Mornien the Modest Warden post that one I forget?

Also Hokies you should come back and have some 1v1's now with ranked spiders/defilers/dookiebreath

Quote Originally Posted by FortunateSon View Post
    Hehe Ell that was indeed a nice fight. Close as all get out, I thought I was going down as well!

Probably only came down to a couple of lucky crit shouts in the end.

I lul'd at that snapshot, did Mornien the Modest Warden post that one I forget?

Heya big C,

That one was mine, but for some flashback grins:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Kodak-Moments...

Good Hunting,

Ell
    Last edited by Ellouhollia; Oct 19 2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scratz View Post
    Still on a laptop/hotel connection til tomorrow night, but I am game anytime (just handicapping myself).

Good Hunting,

Ell

ps - my guess is 20% damage increase at R0 and 30% damage increase at R15....

Re : Good 1v1s

Suilaid Chiron,

That was an excellent fight (i say while counting my blessings)!

Good Hunting,

Ell

Nice fight Slimelord, I really thought I had you, then next thing I know I had no health or power and you had gained health... gotta figure out a way to not get the three blight dots on myself o.0, hope to see you out there more.

need to get better gear so I can melt Wl/defilers, Wl got so much better at 1v1s post roi, clobber isn't auto win for champs anymore.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000044d2cf/signature.png]Tronsaw[/charsig]
    [B]Crickhollow[/B] Tron- r7 EZmode Champ Minitron-65 Minstrel, Spidertron r6 weaver
    [B]Brandywine[/B] Tronsaw r8 Freaver [B]TWKSL[/B]

Had some great 1v1's recently.

Medo...you are unbeatable, just plain can't kill you. I think I got you below 2k one of the 7 to 10 times you've crushed me 1v1 pre and post Isen.

Had fun 1v1's with Straego, Tops, Ell, Amatiel, Merlinros, Fidgett, Cornea (except for that interrupt), Beardzilla I was about to even the series when that defiler jumped in but they said you had been doing the same soo...(one of the most skilled burgs on the server I will say after sparring him).

Blackadder I started to induct right as you hid with Vital Target perhaps laughing at me first isn't the best strategy if a burg doesn't hide right away when jumping I'm gonna induct just fair warning.

Thorfinn some great fights and I think the series is tied.

Freia beat me loud and proud pre-isen so I'm itching for a rematch at some point but I'm down for a 1v1 of anyone even the insta fail that would be fighting bailey. Just come to creepside OOC and we will find an obscure place and set it up.

He probably thought i was jumping in cuz i wasnt traited for 1v1s. I had AoE dust traited still (useless in a 1v1) so when i would use my AoE twist i would usually stun anything around me. Not my fault if my A** was running though crowds trying to catch ya. Bleh I dont know why i even 1v1 anymore cuz every time iv ever done it I end up being the first one the crowd of creeps goes to for the kill. In the future when 1v1s are happening don't expect me to join in.

LoL, Beard, we all have it tough. I saw Mordorz the other day by GF jumping around, so i rode by him on my trusty steed and went a bit further down to the slugs.
    He jumps
    I jump
    We wait
    He jumps
    I jump
    We wait, lol
    He came closer, finally pushed and the fight begins. I am doing really well, reaver backs up to 1shots abit and a greenie charges in, i hit the greenie and Mordorz isback in, lol. Greenie died, Mordorz uses dying rage at 800, i forget to pot/bubble/miss with RB and die from a blade toss.
    In no way am I trying to make someone a bad guy here or smth, just saying,you never know when both sides know it's a 1v1 chance OR if they really do want a 1v1 >.>
    Just to moan some more, i sometimes let people get their NPC kill and even regen before they get to face me. Some people put upa decent fight after that, some call for a zerg squad, be happy you have HIPS you damned burg >.<
    Again, not trying to insult anyone, lol (just in case XD)

I think some of the newer creeps don't know that jumping up and down is trying to initiate a 1v1. Yesterday Hungry was jumping at me on TA lawn by the west door, so I jumped back then about five greenies rushed out with him to zerg me. Sprint bubbled back to EC but I thought it was a funny misunderstanding.

I also don't generally jump to start 1v1s, just attack if I find someone, and I expect the same if someone finds me. The people who turn and fight back are the ones I respect, though I can understand running if you don't have a chance. ALways remember though if the person follows you into NPCs continuing to run will net you no infamy because the NPCs did all the work to kill them, you might as well turn around and fight with NPC help and try and get the kill or atleast a tag .... counts for one shots too.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320201000044d2cf/signature.png]Tronsaw[/charsig]
    [B]Crickhollow[/B] Tron- r7 EZmode Champ Minitron-65 Minstrel, Spidertron r6 weaver
    [B]Brandywine[/B] Tronsaw r8 Freaver [B]TWKSL[/B]

I'll 1v1 anyone who asks while it's dead out in the moors. There isn't a cool down for switching sides any more, so make a creep and send me a tell if you want to meet at CM.

Don't bother if you're an exploiting burg, though; I have no respect for anyone who uses exploits.. especially as an incredibly powerful class. I know a couple of those and they know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffle View Post
    I'll 1v1 anyone who asks while it's dead out in the moors. There isn't a cool down for switching sides any more, so make a creep and send me a tell if you want to meet at CM.

Don't bother if you're an exploiting burg, though; I have no respect for anyone who uses exploits.. especially as an incredibly powerful class. I know a couple of those and they know who they are.
    If you don't want to explain here to up the usage, would you mind sending me a private message detailing this exploit so I can look for it? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyLobster View Post
    He probably thought i was jumping in cuz i wasnt traited for 1v1s. I had AoE dust traited still (useless in a 1v1) so when i would use my AoE twist i would usually stun anything around me. Not my fault if my A** was running though crowds trying to catch ya. Bleh I dont know why i even 1v1 anymore cuz every time iv ever done it I end up being the first one the crowd of creeps goes to for the kill. In the future when 1v1s are happening don't expect me to join in.
    Ah, I bet you that's exactly what happened. My snares have interfered with fights as well so that makes sense. Not sure if you noticed, but I could have one shotted you once the defiler interfered but instead I let you go due to the interference. The defiler may have done their own thing.

The other creep clearly didn't see it that way which was enraging for me as they interrupted a fight I felt I was going to win.

Btw, in an attempt to bury the hatchet - but not necessarily our mutual targeting of one another - I'm VERY impressed with your 1v1 skills. You are one of the best burgs out there skill wise and I mean that seriously. The 1v1's proved that to me as I've fought every top burg except Bailey (I'm sure that would be a laughable slaughter of me).

On the other hand, I don't always agree with the way you gather your renown, in no small part because you ARE so skilled. As has been stated many times, to each their own as to honor code etc. Many think my leading of large groups makes my infamy invalid even though the same has been done to my by KoC and TDH respectively at different times, but I had to suck it up and take it like a hobbit/orc. Also the times I lead small bands apparently isn't counted or the 6 ranks before Isen etc. etc. I've found when you are well known and skilled you tend to be hated. I'm sure you and others have found this to be true as well.

I'm just saying you have the skills to be one of the best and go toe to toe with the toughest creeps out there. Hats off to you being such a hard 1v1 fighter. Here's hoping you go after worthy opponents.

Cheers,

Freepointhreat

I want 9 out of 10 creeps to hate me. Their anguish sustains me. I kill everyone equally and do not feel bad about killing people at a rez due to the fact that when i first came out on my hunter I was rez camped by warg packs all the time. Also when creeps get huge groups I have to or get rolled over. If freeps get a respectable group out I lag to the point of having to leave the moors and sometimes reboot my computer cuz of #### connection. But bleh off topic now so ill stop there. Please creeps hate me more is all im saying. I enjoy it.

What sad times we live in - blackarrow thinks he's an orc XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nifroth View Post
    What sad times we live in - blackarrow thinks he's an orc XD
    I'm a half-human self hating uruk. :P

Digging thru the ancient history of crick pvp I came across what I was looking for and decided it needed to be revived. 1v1s are starting to get consistent again and in the sport of things and hopefully to get them frequent (and hopefully even with OP buffs)I figured this would be appropriate. This never turned into a flame thread (rare in early RoI days for those that remember!) so I'm hoping that it can stay that way. Anyway on to the topic at hand!

Freeps:
    Averoth- 1v1s with you confuse me sometimes. I think I've only beaten you once where it wasn't a gank. Usually they are pretty close but every now and then you just absolutely crush me. Always down to 1v1 too.

Algol- another person always up for a 1v1. Haven't beaten you yet and don't expect to for at least another rank but I'll be damned if I'm not gonna keep trying anyway. I felt like I may have been onto something in our last 1v1 that got inturrupted but they were green Freeps so no worries.

Ell- goes without saying. 1v1s against you are always good no matter what class you're using or who you're fighting.

The new burg who's name escapes me (clownfish burg I think?)- wow! A gambler burg! I haven't seen a hardcore dedicated gambler since...well since me! You play it very well too. Send me a tell one day because I would love to talk burglar with you sometime.

Qris- I don't know how to kill a mini with the set bonus to remove my DoTs yet. I'll keep trying till I figure it out. You're always willing to 1v1 so I'll be testing new things on you.

Creeps- my burg is still under leveled so I'm not competitive with the vet creeps yet but I'm looking forward to give quite a few of you a try or two.

Beard/NotLobster.

Good 1v1s everyone!

Beard : Thanks for the challenging duels. I know I'll get you someday, I just need to finish gearing my burg up and maybe work out a new strategy or something too. Weavers are really tough fights for burgs right now, which is a lot more fun for me because I personally find it boring when there's no challenge and nothing to improve (isn't that the main point of 1v1s??).

Quagmirre : Thank you for beating me fair and square a couple of times in a row. Fights are usually really close and these traps clearly play a huge role in my deaths. I know that I treat you like &&&& sometimes, but don't take it personally, you're an excellent BA and creep raid leader aswell.

Burzan : Wow! I hate these burg vs reaver fights. There's something weird that I never really understood. You have a fast attack speed like I do, so it's difficult to choose between kiting or staying close, you have more than twice morale, almost same dps, and skills to partly counter my CC. Damn these fights are rough. Thanks for not using wrath hehe.

Toxotica :Turbine, nerf these freaking defilers... Just kidding (or not). Our spars take forever and I always lose. They're fun nonetheless because I have time to "play" a bit before your 50 DPS finally finish me off. I'll kill you someday too..

--

Tops : Fights with you are always fun and really tricky. Although I usually have the advantage in legit 1v1s, it doesn't take much to turn the tables. One error and I know that my chances of winning have dropped under 50%. Keep it up, you're a really good hunter, and compared to some others, if I jump you, it's usually to find a good fight, rather than free infamy.

Medo : You're one bad &&& guardian, probably one of the only freeps that will beat me more than 50% of the time, even though I try my hardest. Keep up the good work!

I didn't mention everyone, but yeah... I'm not interested in spending 30mins to write a post. Sorry others :P
    Last edited by Arnahk; Dec 11 2012 at 03:55 PM.
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast