We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Why many ppl dont like wardens? lol

1-60 never grouped, wants moria set? Cant keep aggro on Igash to a rk rock. Ring a bell?
    New guards tend to do better in this situation because the class is more simple to learn at beginning.
    Id take a sucky guard over a sucky warden any day. Hell, id even let a healer tank Igash before a warden in that situation. The moment you switch from solo questing to group instances you start relearning your class. Wardens, burglars, LMs do it slower but if a warden messes up as a tank the results show really quickly. Mess up a couple of times, you will get a hard time getting a group together for anything.
    Last edited by zagreb000; Sep 16 2011 at 06:39 AM.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

This thread has 100% gone to pot lol, keep them piccies rolling
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000004bcc8/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

I think ppl dont like us, because we're selfish, self sufficient, able buggers that like to control situation, and what's worst, we're good at it.
    I don't like being helped, when attacking multiple mobs, don't like to be ninja invited to fellows, as prefer to handle things myself. Not being rude, just declining with reply that i'm soloing the stuff. While I understand the subject, I'm being an #### to other wardens sometimes, throwing javelin or two into someone's fight... but apologize straight away, somehow can't resist, please forgive me then
    I think ppl are jealous in general, as some of them can't cover warden-gameplay style. Those who understand it though, may be jalous about ultimate awesomness of the class. Some who have no idea, just look at medium armor and say - they can't be tanks. Some maybe met bad wardens - as it happens quite frequently - which can be almost as squishy as runekeepers.
    Mostly I think people playing easy classes, have no clue what warden system is, an due to lack of understanding they reject them as tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarsus666 View Post
    I think ppl dont like us, because we're selfish, self sufficient, able buggers that like to control situation, and what's worst, we're good at it.
    I don't like being helped, when attacking multiple mobs, don't like to be ninja invited to fellows, as prefer to handle things myself. Not being rude, just declining with reply that i'm soloing the stuff. While I understand the subject, I'm being an #### to other wardens sometimes, throwing javelin or two into someone's fight... but apologize straight away, somehow can't resist, please forgive me then
    I think ppl are jealous in general, as some of them can't cover warden-gameplay style. Those who understand it though, may be jalous about ultimate awesomness of the class. Some who have no idea, just look at medium armor and say - they can't be tanks. Some maybe met bad wardens - as it happens quite frequently - which can be almost as squishy as runekeepers.
    Mostly I think people playing easy classes, have no clue what warden system is, an due to lack of understanding they reject them as tanks.
    Lol, nice explanation but i still think its because players bump into more bad warden tanks then guardian tanks. Its just a thing.
    Only thing im jealous of are the self heals, i want those.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying all are jealous. Warden is a great class, but not The Best... as there is no best class in lotro. I recently lvld guard, and it's an awesome class, with traited and legacied catch a breath, I get decent heals too, plus NEVER run out of power. It's just requiring less effort to play - therefore it's easier than warden. Both classes are not rocket science, but I guess for some they may be, hence general mistrust in warden's abilities.

Dont get me wrong, Im not saying all are jealous. Warden is a great class, but not The Best... as there is no best class in lotro. I recently lvld guard, and it's an awesome class, with traited and legacied catch a breath, I get decent heals too, plus NEVER run out of power. It's just requiring less effort to play - therefore it's easier than warden. Both classes are not rocket science, but I guess for some they may be, hence general mistrust in warden's abilities.
    Im not saying forcing players to group at earlier levels is necessarily a good thing. But it would provide some good experience for new players playing really important roles in a group like tanks and healers. (i can survive a bad dps, but a bad tank or healer not so much)
    I think 1-GS without grouping is wrong.
    I dont think it has much to do with effort just the amount of time you need to hone your skills. You can make playing a guardian take more effort then playing a warden. Try switching gear around depending on a situation, go from dps to full tank in a fight...
    Im of the opinion that if i mastered both classes i would find the difficulty of playing them being the same.

Well, I know 65 guard and 65 warden, that have no idea what they're doing, even after playing the class as main for a over a year non-stop. Guard, that can't keep aggro from a cappie, warden that thinks incoming healing number means amount of heal per minute. So basically it's not amount of time to play your character only - it's the effort you put into understanding the class, practicing, testing different approaches and tactics, reading and calculating damage/aggro outputs etc. And you're right, it applies to every class not only guards/wards.
    And going back to the subject, ppl will still keep making fun of wardens and prefer guards over them. Personally I dont have problem with that at all, as if the group I'm invited to, says: I'm a bad tank because I'm a warden - before starting the instance - isnt the group I wanna waste my time playing with. Rather group either with easy going ppl and finish the instance or have fun-wipe, than group with narrowminded stiffs with clearly nubish point of view.

Guard, that can't keep aggro from a cappie
    Deja vu there. The captains have a force attack that takes aggro for 10 seconds. I had a fun time in DN with the Blind one. A cappy took aggro and almost wiped the whole group. Only a hunter was left standing with 1k morale that finished the fight. (it was an accident though, the cappie was very skilled actually)
    They all snapped at me after that, but it was not my fault!! That might have been the problem with the guardian you mentioned too.

And going back to the subject, ppl will still keep making fun of wardens and prefer guards over them. Personally I dont have problem with that at all, as if the group I'm invited to, says: I'm a bad tank because I'm a warden - before starting the instance - isnt the group I wanna waste my time playing with. Rather group either with easy going ppl and finish the instance or have fun-wipe, than group with narrowminded stiffs with clearly nubish point of view.
    Why would they invite you and say you are a bad tank? Wouldn't that just make you want to leave?
    Well i have seen a lot of good warden tanks but also a lot of bad ones. Ill give anyone a shot but guardians seem to be a safer bet for the reasons i stated before. You get the hang of tanking with a guardian much faster then with a warden. People dont like taking risks, i dont see that changing any time soon.

Well, what I meant was, when someone is looking for tank, I reply and get the say that they want guard, as wards cant tank. Anyways, rarely go with pugs these days.
    And as for cappie forced aggro - I duo a lot of stuff with my wifie cappy. She's really good one too. Never ever had a problem holding aggro from her. Maybe it's her gameplay style, maybe mine, not sure - plus Forced Aggro skills, arent really forced aggro - it's kinda insta large ammount of aggro as I understand so far, sometimes I use Challenge on Warden tanked mob - and it doesn't work (not missed) if he held the mob long enough. Same with cappie I gues, plus the amount of aggro he getting by forced aggro skill, is never large enough to take over the mob I'm holding for even short time.

Answer to the OP:

Ignorance
    Go Bruins!

b/c

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Deja vu there. The captains have a force attack that takes aggro for 10 seconds. I had a fun time in DN with the Blind one. A cappy took aggro and almost wiped the whole group. Only a hunter was left standing with 1k morale that finished the fight. (it was an accident though, the cappie was very skilled actually)
    They all snapped at me after that, but it was not my fault!! That might have been the problem with the guardian you mentioned too.
    Reminds me of one time I tanked Frothmar. Near the end suddenly a Hunter pulled aggro. Everybody yelled at him in Vent, until a Runie across the room had the aggro, followed by one of the Minis. 10 seconds later the Boss was dead and everybody turned on our Burglar who sheepishly admitted he had used the wrong trick by mistake. I'm not sure if anybody actually believed him ...

You might have thought this thread was alive. Nope it's just Chuck Testa

BTW everything I post probably was found at one point on Reddit.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post

BTW everything I post probably was found at one point on Reddit.com

Nope, it's just Chuck Testa. That man is awesomilicious! What an actor,- didn't I see him in Star Wars I-III?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    ...video was here...
    OK, that made me laugh. First laugh of the day goes to you, and first rep, too.
    [CENTER][LEFT][HR][/HR]When I get bored, I'll let you know.[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

...hmm don't recall the face... maybe as Jar-Jar though...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521e000000196030/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]"If you can't do something smart, do something right"[/i]
    Shepherd Book

Well, what I meant was, when someone is looking for tank, I reply and get the say that they want guard, as wards cant tank. Anyways, rarely go with pugs these days.
    And as for cappie forced aggro - I duo a lot of stuff with my wifie cappy. She's really good one too. Never ever had a problem holding aggro from her. Maybe it's her gameplay style, maybe mine, not sure - plus Forced Aggro skills, arent really forced aggro - it's kinda insta large ammount of aggro as I understand so far, sometimes I use Challenge on Warden tanked mob - and it doesn't work (not missed) if he held the mob long enough. Same with cappie I gues, plus the amount of aggro he getting by forced aggro skill, is never large enough to take over the mob I'm holding for even short time.
    Have you're wife trait Leader of Men and execute a Grave Wound when you have however much aggro you think you need to hold it from her...then report back...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000014fe81/signature.png]Sculptor[/charsig]

Good, but what for? Cappies should avoid threat in most cases, so what's your point?
    Have hunter with 65 1st ager and strenght stance, and hold agro when he shoots first... what's the point?

edit:
    and yeah, why not. I will try it, and she will engage first and will report after what time i got aggro back - as you wish
    Last edited by Tarsus666; Sep 16 2011 at 10:29 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521e000000196030/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Shepherd Book

Please let us know how that test works out and to
    Help you understand agro a bit better, I just wanted to say
    This. A Force Taunt can be resisted and show no agro swaps. Even a
    Young goblin can be stunned and killed before the agro will show to switch to the
    Warden (mobs stunned/mezzed do not show an agro switch till they come up).
    Understand that a force taunt does not add any
    Agro because of the force itself but merely makes the mob(s) look at him for a few seconds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000013903d/signature.png]Llothdeturtle[/charsig]
    Dwrunin - RK; Dwronin - 75 Guard; LLothalion - LM; LLothDeBlade Champ; Beriador - Min, Bowerd - Hunter

You're right, I forgot about mobs resisting force aggro even if they are not missed. Still, cappie without Leader Of Men traited never takes aggro of me. Will try with the trait though, may be interesting.

Shepherd Book

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21401000004b78a/signature.png]Akban[/charsig]
    Aarow - The champion with charisma.
    Oridon - A rune keeper of the highest quality. Also known to be on the crazy side.
    Akban - "Prepare to die."

Good, but what for? Cappies should avoid threat in most cases, so what's your point?
    Have hunter with 65 1st ager and strenght stance, and hold agro when he shoots first... what's the point?

edit:
    and yeah, why not. I will try it, and she will engage first and will report after what time i got aggro back - as you wish
    Not trying to start anything or say that a cappy needs to pull aggro...and I thought my reply was polite.....it just didn't sound like you understood why a cappie might not be pulling aggro from you...it's because if they aren't traited a certain way it's NOT a force taunt. Whenever I've been traited Leader of Men I have to remember not to hit that skill because I've never seen it not pull aggro from the tank for the duration of the taunt.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000014fe81/signature.png]Sculptor[/charsig]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast