We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Why many ppl dont like wardens? lol

Quote Originally Posted by SkateDr View Post
    Agro because of the force itself but merely makes the mob(s) look at him for a few seconds.
    The force attack always works if not resisted. It doesn't matter how much threat you build up, challenge will always take aggro for the duration of the force taunt.
    In some fights a few seconds is all you need to make a group wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticVenge View Post

I hate traffic wardens, does that count?

The Guards don't like us because they know that we're more awesome.
    The Hunters don't like us because we don't have any good force-taunts to make up for their over-zealousness.
    The Champs don't like us because we show them up.
    The Minstrels hate us because half the time we're getting mad at them for healing us, but the other half we're mad at them for not healing us.
    The Captains actually seem to enjoy buffing us.
    The Loremasters are of the opinion that their bears are the best tanks.
    The Burglars don't really have a problem with us (as far as I know).
    The Runekeepers like us, because they're awesome like that.

Simple...
    There are a lot of bad wardens out there.
    When playing an alt in some pug I always seem to have a warden asking me to hold a few secs before a fight while he "builds up aggro", and he gives me the whole "wardens build aggro over time, so wait before u dps/heal, bla bla bla"...

I wait, just to see the warden using the first few seconds of the fight wasted on spear gambits... not a single pb or wc...
    even on multi-target pulls...

Im my server warden seems to be the flavor of the month... everyone and their 2-box is making a warden... Not a good time to need a tank on mid-lvl runs...

But if you still dont understand... here is a good guide:

Here's your handy cut-out and keep guide on who to blame when the inevitable wipe happens.

If you're a minstrel remember the first rule of the minstrels' union - it's NEVER our fault. It's the fault of the hunter, champion, hunter, guardian, hunter, warden, loremaster and captain in that order. Unless there's a RK in which case he's at fault always. *lorebreakers* - *hiss*

If you're a guardian, always always blame the dps for getting aggro, especially if secretly you know that you didn't do enough to keep the aggro in the first place. A good secondary move is to either blame the minstrel for not healing "enough" or say that "it's the off-tank's fault for not protecting the squishies". This will give you valuable time as everyone else wonders who the off-tank was.

If you're a warden, same as the guardian with the extra complaint that "you guys never allowed me to build up my aggro". Maintain this position even if the whole raid was on afk and you tagged the boss accidently.

If you're a captain, blame the hunter first, obviously. If running in secondary healer mode speculate on the lack of dps in the group. If in other modes point out the lack of heals. Ensure that you leave the impression that if only you'd been specced right the group would have been saved.

If you're a loremaster, blame the hunter first, then the tank. Blow a fuse about the amount of times you were asked for "moar pwr" and tell the group that if you weren't so busy draining the boss' power you could have done all sorts of stuff to debuff him. Remain vague about what that stuff would have been.

If you're a runekeeper, blame the hunter first. You also have a choice. If you were DPSing tell the minstrel that you would have done a better job of healing the group and that minstrel healing sucks. It is essential that you get this point across. If you were healing, decry your inability to heal spike damage unlike the overpowered minstrels. You may strike lucky and be asked to heal in a group with a DPS minstrel. In this case, relax my friend, you will never have to take the blame....

If you're a champion always blame the tank first - clearly he should have maintained aggro whatever you were doing, even if you tagged the boss first with a couple of shing shings! Remind the guardian how rubbish his dps is in comparison and laugh pityingly at the warden. If you're playing the tank role, blame the dps for not allowing you to get the aggro and the minstrel for wasting heals on everybody else.

If you're the hunter, duck! You're going to be number one suspect. You have three options:

1) Complain that the tank didnt keep aggro and you always open up with heartseeker, what's the problem. And hell, bringing those extra mobs to the party speeds things up usually. Ask the warden why there was a problem when normally "you guys love being surrounded by 'em".

2) Argue that you couldn't do enough DPS because you kept getting aggro from the rubbish tank and had to dial back your awesomeness. Quote a few choice gems from the combat log and then sigh and say "but then I got the mobs on me so I had to stop whilst I ran away from the tank".

3) Pluck the strings of your bow nonchalantly and say "hunter sees mob, hunter fills mob with arrows". Smile winningly.

Remember, being kicked from a group when you're a hunter is merely a sign of how awesome you are and how threatened by your terrificness the rest of the group was.

If you're the burglar, relax. It's never the fault of the burglar because no-one knows what they do. Just keep your mouth shut until the arguments finish and then set an incomprehensible 6 different colour fellowship manoevre to keep everyone on their toes. Remember also - if someone says "what sort of fellowship manoeuvre is that?" say "they're conjunctions". Equally, if someone says "what sort of conjunction is that?" say "they're fellowship manoevres". Make it clear that you are an inch away from adding "noob" to that phrase.

I hope this helps everyone. I trust this will enable groups of all levels and experience recover from the set-back of a wipe through tolerance and understanding of the role that each member of the team has to play in the group.
    from: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...vent-of-a-wipe.

On this topic, I have much to say. the reason many people
    hate wardens is actually very simple.

Great wardens are extremely rare. Only
    one in 756 wardens by my last count, an
    overpoweringly small number, are able to
    drop their 'r.' This is a frightenginly small number.

Grouping with wardens is also difficult. We
    rarely group, because not only are we
    incredibly intelligent, but mind-bogglingly
    evasive. Other classes just don't deserve
    fellowshipping with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo-br View Post
    Simple...
    There are a lot of bad wardens out there.
    When playing an alt in some pug I always seem to have a warden asking me to hold a few secs before a fight while he "builds up aggro", and he gives me the whole "wardens build aggro over time, so wait before u dps/heal, bla bla bla"...

I wait, just to see the warden using the first few seconds of the fight wasted on spear gambits... not a single pb or wc...
    even on multi-target pulls...

Im my server warden seems to be the flavor of the month... everyone and their 2-box is making a warden... Not a good time to need a tank on mid-lvl runs...

But if you still dont understand... here is a good guide:

from: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...vent-of-a-wipe.
    That may have been the funniest thing I've ever read lol, and its all true too. +rep

We get greif from guards cause they think we
    are OP and they are jealous which is true we
    definitly need a nerf but the Dev's just don't understand how we roll
    even the guards understand us better than the devs
    next we will get a
    skill that completly heals us

defeating creeps is what we do best
    our spears and war crys strike fear
    into thier hearts or whatever
    they have in place of a heart

being a guard is a dream of
    every young warden until they realise that
    they are just to OP and are never gonna get
    the nerf that we deserve are we
    ever gonna be heard and understood by the
    roudy Devs?
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR="#A52A2A"]Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR="#008000"]Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[I]Dobraine[/I] - [B]Warden[/B] l [I]Dobriana[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B]
    [I]Dobrion[/I] - [B]Burglar[/B] l [I] Dobralia [/I]- [B]Minstrel
    [/B][I]Shiona[/I] -[B] Lore Master [/B] l [I]Dobriel [/I]- [B]Captain[/B]
    [I]Cruxius[/I] - [B]Guardian[/B] l [I]Nephilym[/I] - [B]Warden
    [/B][I]Arcamedes[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B] l [I] Yukiri [/I]- [B]Hunter[/B][/CENTER]

In my opinion wardens are brilliant. Have one at 65, love it. But some people don't know a lot about the class and choose too hate it. It's like this.
    Warden is the new kid on the block compared too the guardian. So people don't really know what too make of the class as a whole. Some wardens out there are brilliant, but some are bad, really bad. And it is the really bad ones that are tainting wardens with the same brush. Don't get me wrong, I have played with some terrible guardians also, but it is much easier too play a guardian bad and get away with it.
    But I think as a whole people need to start too give wardens a break.

Wardens are amazing. I love wardens. I've been a champ for a long time and my friend was a warden and I will say that I will forever prefer having a warden as the tank over a guard. The way warden's threat works means I only have to wait for a moment and then I can fully open up. A warden just makes the whole fight more stable. Even if I floor it and pull a mob off I know that all I have to do to give the mob or boss back is just pause for half a second and it snaps back to him. I find wardens are the best tanks to off-tank for when on my champ. Also conviction, good lord I love conviction. In three mans no need for a healer just bring another DPS and let the warden heal the group. I fell in love with wardens so much I went and rolled one.

When was the last time you saw a group where if one member had to stop to refresh their food buff outside of a boss fight everyone stopped and no one complained about the 10 seconds lost? Start from there and you can figure out why most people don't like wardens. If you're someone who by the mercy of the Valar has never had a group like that, I'll explain it. Wardens require that the group have a bit of patience and self-restraint. Both things that are basically non-existent in the MMO community. Guardians just require that whatever is being attacked be dead before or soon after their force-attacks are done.

I'm hoping Turbines intent to make dps-tanking as non-viable as possible will cure that problem. Harsh as it seems, one of the best things about EQ for a damage-dealer was the other players refusing to heal or revive someone who refused to learn aggro management. We learned to either watch our aggro and piss on the meters/ parses or got very intimate with our panic buttons and prayed to whatever higher powers there are that at least one cleric was feeling charitable and/or owed us a favor from camping Ragefire.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTreerat View Post
    When was the last time you saw a group where if one member had to stop to refresh their food buff outside of a boss fight everyone stopped and no one complained about the 10 seconds lost? Start from there and you can figure out why most people don't like wardens. If you're someone who by the mercy of the Valar has never had a group like that, I'll explain it. Wardens require that the group have a bit of patience and self-restraint. Both things that are basically non-existent in the MMO community. Guardians just require that whatever is being attacked be dead before or soon after their force-attacks are done.

I'm hoping Turbines intent to make dps-tanking as non-viable as possible will cure that problem. Harsh as it seems, one of the best things about EQ for a damage-dealer was the other players refusing to heal or revive someone who refused to learn aggro management. We learned to either watch our aggro and piss on the meters/ parses or got very intimate with our panic buttons and prayed to whatever higher powers there are that at least one cleric was feeling charitable and/or owed us a favor from camping Ragefire.
    I hate waiting for guardian's pledge to be off CD to do a pull too. Who are these wardens making people wait for them to eat food or to gain aggro. We should give them "R"s for giving the rest of us a bad name.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3