We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Oh oh! I wanna say something!



    ...


    Your axe is spicy!


    ...


    Shun the disbeliever!
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  2. #52

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    But seriously, in a 5 on 5 fight, with your side having 3 guards 1 cappy and 1 rk, you are the last one to enter the fight and the first one to run (with half your morale). Did I forget to mention that you even popped sprint and ran around EC like Bryanmm on steroids?

    And speaking of guards... I shall not name him but in the space of 3 minutes he interrupts my map inductions on CM 4 times. Is that enough reason to start ganking him?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000098ccb/signature.png]Spinnarak[/charsig]

    Kindalingers-R6 Minstrel (Alive and Kicking)
    Brickney-R7 Blackarrow (Making Pincushions)
    Wobuffet-R5 Reaver

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    178

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Ed's tips on how to play a guard in the moors

    1. Blow sprint and run into group of creeps
    2. Get focused
    3. Pop pledge, watch parry reactives go crazy
    4. DPS the weakest targets (usually BA's or healers)
    5. Try to escape with DoTs, slows, and some morale, possibly dying (who cares, you got a kill or 2)
    6. Get yelled at by healer in your group for making them work extra hard to keep you alive running back (<3 erl and dooms)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006d80a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/dwarrowdelf/thurulthal]Thurulthal[/url] - R6 Champion

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Look Up
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    ran around EC like Bryanmm on steroids?
    That is the best Bryanm related comment I have ever seen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000090b70/signature.png]Turbeinpointz[/charsig]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutzag22 View Post
    Ya Thren that's what we call gold tagging, whe you fight till everyone is dead and run-away..... thats all you do is run. and your always in the back of the pack, your a freakin guard so play like one bro.
    -Atador
    So I am the last one targetted and somehow I OWE creeps my death...? I play how I want and I don't follow your rules.

    All I hear is people saying there is some unwritten code that freeps must follow so that everyone gets infamy/renown. Frankly, I don't care about renown. I am out there because I am having fun. And I don't die on anyone's terms... I dictate the fight I want and I make the decision to leave the fight if I don't like the terms. Don't tell me how to play. A warg afk-ganking under-leveled freeps in rez circles is something I don't like to see but I won't tell Lav how to play.
    Last edited by spiritintelligencia; Sep 22 2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    Did I forget to mention that you even popped sprint and ran around EC like Bryanmm on steroids?
    Did I forget to mention that a Guardian's "sprint" adds +10% damage for the duration? And Warrior's Fortitude (one of our self-heals) gives +2% melee crit. If I am getting ganked in ec you can be sure that I am going to run around as fast as I can with as much damage output as I can, tagging as many creeps as I can, while they all die in the npcs.
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  7. #57

    Lightbulb Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by spiritintelligencia View Post
    Did I forget to mention that a Guardian's "sprint" adds +10% damage for the duration? And Warrior's Fortitude (one of our self-heals) gives +2% melee crit. If I am getting ganked in ec you can be sure that I am going to run around as fast as I can with as much damage output as I can, tagging as many creeps as I can, while they all die in the npcs.
    Seriously that had me lmao.

    10% bonus damage isn't much good when you run large circles around EC without hitting anything. IF and only IF you have such awesome dps you should be fighting creeps OUTSIDE EC instead of kiting them through every single npc. In case you're wondering you get more renown the more damage you do to them. Unfortunately entering combat late and popping sprint when you have 50% morale to RUN.

    I believe the guardian class was created to be the gungho warriors fabled for their courage and wading into enemies with abandon. Now I suspect creeps get the /chicken emote for a reason. To use them against these fail guards that use sprint to run, not fight. My suggestion? Play more like Edlorthar and less like chickens.

    Had my rant, its up to you whether you want to improved the moors experience for both sides or not.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000098ccb/signature.png]Spinnarak[/charsig]

    Kindalingers-R6 Minstrel (Alive and Kicking)
    Brickney-R7 Blackarrow (Making Pincushions)
    Wobuffet-R5 Reaver

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    Had my rant, its up to you whether you want to improved the moors experience for both sides or not.
    Thank you so much. These comments have given me even more resolve to play exactly as I wish. I will do everything I can survive - which coincidentally IS the job of a Guardian - and I will not give creeps the satisfaction of knowing I changed anything in my style to accommodate them.

    Whatever strange code of conduct you think there is regarding how each class should be played is simply a justification of everyone's own personal playstyle. When it doesn't fit in to your own, you cry foul. If, like Ed, you have the benefit of playing often with a large kin group, then you will have your own ideas of how a Guardian should act within that group. I don't have that benefit.

    Back to the OP - I don't like Candy Mountain and I don't intend to give creeps any quarter either.
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    178

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Just so you know, I don't change my play style while I'm in a group - I push the lines and charge regardless of whether I have a raid with healers behind me or if I'm by myself. It just usually works out that when I'm online playing, other kin mates are on with me. I find that the only people that care so much about dying are the star huggers. I tried to hit 2k rating after getting r7, got to 1800 and got bored of picking my fights. So I went back to the way I like to play.

    I've been playing a creep on Riddermark alot lately, and noticed that the style of play there is entirely different. Everyone pushes everyone, and usually everyone sticks around til they die - over there, dying, isn't that bad. Just release and run back and keep fighting. If everyone did that here, it would make the moors alot more enjoyable for both sides, and would alleviate the need to run from people sitting in npcs, and the 30+ min staredowns at the keeps.

    But yeah, back to the OP - I used to like CM, when creeps would fight me... no one fights me now, and it gives me a sad
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006d80a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/dwarrowdelf/thurulthal]Thurulthal[/url] - R6 Champion

  10. #60

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Funny words coming from someone who rarely gets anything killed before running back into npcs like a spooked kitten

    Does 'giving the creeps no quarter' mean not putting up a quarter of the fight you're supposed to give? I suppose you are right then... Yes, play however you wish, hug npcs, survive. Until you change your bryanish behaviour, don't expect anyone to believe that you are half as good as you claim to be.

    It's a man's game. So says top freep in DD. Little girls should go cry in a corner eh?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000098ccb/signature.png]Spinnarak[/charsig]

    Kindalingers-R6 Minstrel (Alive and Kicking)
    Brickney-R7 Blackarrow (Making Pincushions)
    Wobuffet-R5 Reaver

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    178

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    It's a man's game.

    Indeed it is.

    So says this freep as well as half of the top ranked freeps on the server.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006d80a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/dwarrowdelf/thurulthal]Thurulthal[/url] - R6 Champion

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Well, as much as I have enjoyed this thread, there is the sad fact that RoI drops next week and most freeps will be spending alot of time attempting to learn new class changes, level new legendaries, grab new jewelry etc etc.

    I know there is alot of disappointment with the Guard changes so many of us have rolled burgs and have them waiting in the wings... Funny thing is that my playstyle is closer to a burgs anyway, which is what some of you have complained about. We all know how much creeps love burgs. Is this irony?

    Anyway, if Ed says we should push, then we should push. For this last week of pre-RoI pvmp I will play my part in getting up in your faces and we see what happens, eh?
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Edlorthar View Post
    I've been playing a creep on Riddermark alot lately, and noticed that the style of play there is entirely different. Everyone pushes everyone, and usually everyone sticks around til they die - over there, dying, isn't that bad. Just release and run back and keep fighting. If everyone did that here, it would make the moors alot more enjoyable for both sides, and would alleviate the need to run from people sitting in npcs, and the 30+ min staredowns at the keeps.
    +Rep

    I've been saying this for so long. Telling creeps who are getting farmed at lug rez/oc to MAP somewhere else and look for other freeps. Of course only 1 or 2 creeps will listen to me, so the campers still have enough idiots to farm, so they don't get hungry and wander themselves.

    Freeps... those scholar scrolls and food and such has got to be expensive. Perhaps if you didn't use it so much when you died it wouldn't be such a big deal. I know when I use delving pots it makes me not want to die also... so when its a big fight I just stop using them. Just buff with Destiny Points! They don't go away when you die.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Look Up
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by StileMajere View Post
    Freeps... those scholar scrolls and food and such has got to be expensive.
    Nope, they are not. Perhaps they should be though. Disabled in the Moors would also make sense I suppose, but that would cause outcry.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000090b70/signature.png]Turbeinpointz[/charsig]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    214

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    But seriously, in a 5 on 5 fight, with your side having 3 guards 1 cappy and 1 rk, you are the last one to enter the fight and the first one to run (with half your morale). Did I forget to mention that you even popped sprint and ran around EC like Bryanmm on steroids?

    And speaking of guards... I shall not name him but in the space of 3 minutes he interrupts my map inductions on CM 4 times. Is that enough reason to start ganking him?
    Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud at this - thanks, Spin haha.

    To be fair, Thren, there have been a number of times that I recall Zidia, Viduo, Meld, or myself pulling npcs to get a fight going while we had a guard tea party sitting at the back .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000076a07/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Doomsidoo - R5 defiler. DD
    Myfriend - R4 reaver. Ridder

  16. #66

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsie View Post
    Hahaha, I literally laughed out loud at this - thanks, Spin haha.

    To be fair, Thren, there have been a number of times that I recall Zidia, Viduo, Meld, or myself pulling npcs to get a fight going while we had a guard tea party sitting at the back .
    tea party rofl. bring out the mini army then. They might even make some good music to go with the tea before they push into creeps and put the guards to shame
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000098ccb/signature.png]Spinnarak[/charsig]

    Kindalingers-R6 Minstrel (Alive and Kicking)
    Brickney-R7 Blackarrow (Making Pincushions)
    Wobuffet-R5 Reaver

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    tea party rofl. bring out the mini army then. They might even make some good music to go with the tea before they push into creeps and put the guards to shame
    Well, the guards missed their regularly scheduled teatime yesterday and, as promised in the other thread, pushed the creeps at every opportunity. And while I dearly missed my green tea, watching the creeps run, run, RUN all over the map - made up for it. I was keeping a tally of all the running creeps, who had more numbers for most of the day, but my writing hand was getting sore Needless to say, wargs were the main runners, followed by reavers and blackarrows...

    To be honest, there were some pretty awesome battles out there - lots in open field and around the big rock near TR. The only time it slowed down was in the evening when creeps outnumbered freeps about 25 to 8. Seemed to be a fun day for all... just sad to see some of you missed it all...
    Last edited by spiritintelligencia; Sep 23 2011 at 07:58 AM.
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    214

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DunhDunhDunh View Post
    tea party rofl. bring out the mini army then. They might even make some good music to go with the tea before they push into creeps and put the guards to shame
    A mini army... if only :'(. I think the game would break with creep rage if more than 2 geared minstrels were out at the same time (...who had more morale than 3k). Did you know that if 3 minstrels are out at once, they get a healing buff that makes their AoEs heal every freep on the map, and if 4 minstrels are out in the Moors at once, their combined Fellowships Heart summons Captain Planet?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000076a07/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Doomsidoo - R5 defiler. DD
    Myfriend - R4 reaver. Ridder

  19. #69

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    I wish i was creeping on DD to see Thren actually push ahead of something. I too have been on Ridder this last week and the PVP is very different there. I hope DD can be like that after RoI is out. This has been a fun thread to read though, lots of laughs. Also, Mini's suck. Just saying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

    Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

  20. #70

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutzag22 View Post
    I wish i was creeping on DD to see Thren actually push ahead of something. I too have been on Ridder this last week and the PVP is very different there. I hope DD can be like that after RoI is out. This has been a fun thread to read though, lots of laughs. Also, Mini's suck. Just saying.
    Would love to see you creepside. In fact, I would love to see every freep out there come to creepside to get some perspective. Don't play a warg though. You'll get frustrated by 2-3 hunters spam-tracking you.

    BTW, great fights last night in & around TA, TR and wherever. Now lets spread it out more.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000022f777/signature.png]Putamuzzleonit[/charsig]

  21. #71

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Edlorthar View Post
    Ed's tips on how to play a guard in the moors


    6. Get yelled at by healer in your group for making them work extra hard to keep you alive running back (<3 erl and dooms)
    Can i add another?

    7. Tell your healer your pushing so they can actually be close enough to heal you.

    that is all

    <3 you Ed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000012ac4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Canadianbacon r6 Burg
    Omnom R7 Warg

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    178

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by znz212 View Post
    Can i add another?

    7. Tell your healer your pushing so they can actually be close enough to heal you.

    that is all

    <3 you Ed.
    Wouldn't that be like step 1? Or it could be like step 3... "o hai thar, btw, i push teh creepz, need big heelz"
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006d80a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/dwarrowdelf/thurulthal]Thurulthal[/url] - R6 Champion

  23. #73

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    This thread is so full of funny. Thanks for the good laughs.

    And Thren, if your out there to play how you want to play to have fun. Why are you letting people on the forums troll you? Just go play the game and dont let anyone tell you how to otherwise. I like bryan cause he doesnt care what anyone thinks of him and just plays the game how he likes it. Dont let things bother you so much or it wont ever be fun to you. I bet bryan has a blast when hes out in the moors :O
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000012ac4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Canadianbacon r6 Burg
    Omnom R7 Warg

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere between this world and the next...
    Posts
    1,062

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by znz212 View Post
    And Thren, if your out there to play how you want to play to have fun. Why are you letting people on the forums troll you? Just go play the game and dont let anyone tell you how to otherwise. I like bryan cause he doesnt care what anyone thinks of him and just plays the game how he likes it. Dont let things bother you so much or it wont ever be fun to you. I bet bryan has a blast when hes out in the moors :O
    tbh I have been having a blast the last few days and I have been the first one in and the first to die. I really do appreciate constructive criticism and I agree that sometimes people need to adjust their playing style for the good of all. Everyone has been having a blast and it is good to see.

    This does not mean I won't adjust my style according to the situation. Two nights ago I spent most of my night shieldwalling a level 43 hunter who braved the moors, and who was getting targetted consistently by creeps. And yes, it is a fun for me to shieldwall because I enjoy seeing creeps die when they thought they could get an easy kill.

    Anyway, nice action out there from both sides last night!
    Threndinir - Retired Old Dwarf

  25. #75

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ravnosdae View Post
    Would love to see you creepside. In fact, I would love to see every freep out there come to creepside to get some perspective. Don't play a warg though. You'll get frustrated by 2-3 hunters spam-tracking you.

    BTW, great fights last night in & around TA, TR and wherever. Now lets spread it out more.
    Actually I have a Warg on Dwarro and on RidderXD
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

    Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload