We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    645

    Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Have fun ganking Borken on CM when he was trying to get 1v1s going?

    I know who you are and won't call you out lest I get banned. But now due to that [ and this is not the first time the creeps have pulled this stuff (ask Zub or Guido)] I am no longer honoring any CM 1v1s or any 1v1s in general. The gentleman's agreement regarding CM as a spot for 1v1s only is gone. When I hear about spars, I am forming a raid and ganking every creep up there. Its a man's game.
    Last edited by Pickletongue; Sep 14 2011 at 06:09 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    I'm down with this. These gentlemen's rules stuff was fun while it lasted but it wasn't until one bad apple had to ruin it for everyone else, same as always.

    The Ettenmoors = gank or be ganked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  3. #3

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    When I'm in the moors, I always charge because I know it sucks to not get renown/infamy and I'm so squishy I always die. In my head, I liked to think the creeps understood that and appreciated me feeding them a little as I killed them all.

    Unfortunately, it turns out that all the veteran creeps like to do is whine, corpse jump in a 6v1, and gank on CM. So much for fair fighting, now I guess I have to start jumping your corpses too =/.

    I sincerely hope that new creeps on the server grow a pair and realize how full of it certain creeps now are.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

  4. #4

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    I think CM is a fine thing. The gentleman's agreement to do 1v1s is needed. There are several of us who abide by the rules.

    The rules are that if someone was ganking the other side, the other side has a right to retaliate, without interference, on the offender. I'll even get on my freep and help you and I know a few others that would too.

    If you or anyone won't honor them, fine. Don't come to CM and start ganking people wanting to do 1v1s and if anyone breaks the rules, they should be retaliated against.

    Yeah it's a man's game, but only boys don't know when & how to control themselves.

    ~P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000022f777/signature.png]Putamuzzleonit[/charsig]

  5. #5

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    I was ganked on CM by 3 veteran creeps and 2 noobs they pulled along in the middle of a 1v1 with Lav. It's over.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    138

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    I was there. This is what really happened.

    Borken went to CM. Some creeps ganked him. I have no clue why. I yelled at them and called it a classless act.

    Borken was taunting bbat with his rune stone and bbat didn't want to 1v1, bc clearly a BA vs a geared RK is a fair fight. On par with me fighting a level 50 hunter.

    Borken got mad that bbat wouldn't 1v1 and said if he wouldn't 1v1 he would just kill him anyway, which he did. If Borken was retaliating for getting ganked earlier, that's one thing, but his stated reason was bc he was mad bbat wouldn't 1v1.

    So we killed Borken, and when two others tried to help, they got killed too.

    If Borken was just killing in retaliation, it would have been fine and I wouldn't have interfered. Since his stated purpose was otherwise, he got killed.

    End of story.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    645

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTROOO View Post
    I was there. This is what really happened.

    Borken went to CM. Some creeps ganked him. I have no clue why. I yelled at them and called it a classless act.

    Borken was taunting bbat with his rune stone and bbat didn't want to 1v1, bc clearly a BA vs a geared RK is a fair fight. On par with me fighting a level 50 hunter.

    Borken got mad that bbat wouldn't 1v1 and said if he wouldn't 1v1 he would just kill him anyway, which he did. If Borken was retaliating for getting ganked earlier, that's one thing, but his stated reason was bc he was mad bbat wouldn't 1v1.

    So we killed Borken, and when two others tried to help, they got killed too.

    If Borken was just killing in retaliation, it would have been fine and I wouldn't have interfered. Since his stated purpose was otherwise, he got killed.

    End of story.
    Two sides to every story, end of story, creep goggles versus freep goggles. it is over for CM on this server when I am out. Tired of every time the creeps are jerks, it is somehow a mistake or we didn't really mean it, we will play nice, etc. I think the track record is proving otherwise.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  8. #8

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    i didnt state any purpose, we cant communicate via anything other than rune stone. bbat likes to corpse jump after 6 of you gank me (which he does constantly), so i called him out on my stone since i was alone up there 6v1. he didnt fight, so i retaliated on my own, after giving him a chance to prove hes not a coward afraid to die.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    134

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    you guys act like freeps never pull this stuff aswell, when history has shown they do it just as much, and getting a raid to kill all the creeps up there seems a bit much zidia.

    both sides do it, usually its for a good reason, get both sides of the story before you make a rage post on the forums.
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    18

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Last time I was on CM(which was awhile back), I got ganked by the creeps. I sucked it up, quit going and ignored it. No QQ post, no excuses, I just quit going. Not anymore, raid baby!!!
    Officer of Ainur
    1st Rank 10 on Dwarrowdelf

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    138

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Totally putting the kibosh on all CM 1v1s because every couple of weeks someone on one side or the other breaks the rules seems pretty silly and short sighted. 98% of people up there have never done anything "against the 'rules'". Are we going to let the 2% "win" by ruining it for everyone?

    AFAIK, CM rules are unofficially recognized on most servers. Do you (DD PvMP community) want to be the ones responsible for breaking that tradition on our server?

  12. #12

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTROOO View Post
    Totally putting the kibosh on all CM 1v1s because every couple of weeks someone on one side or the other breaks the rules seems pretty silly and short sighted. 98% of people up there have never done anything "against the 'rules'". Are we going to let the 2% "win" by ruining it for everyone?

    AFAIK, CM rules are unofficially recognized on most servers. Do you (DD PvMP community) want to be the ones responsible for breaking that tradition on our server?
    Cm is my favorite part of the moors, same for a lot of other people, dont be the server that breaks that please.
    Treefnakh r6 warg Neverfear r7 WL, Treefraas r4 BA
    Treefras r10 LM

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Traditions only hold if people choose to observe it. As far as Candy Mountain is concerned, I never held creedance such a lofty claim.

    Gank or be ganked.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    138

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by takimeta View Post
    Traditions only hold if people choose to observe it. As far as Candy Mountain is concerned, I never held creedance such a lofty claim.

    Gank or be ganked.
    Then don't go up there and ruin it for the vast majority of people who do choose to observe it and don't fk around with the well-established 'rules'.

    Just because you don't celebrate Christmas doesn't mean you should turn into the grinch every december.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    645

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTROOO View Post
    Totally putting the kibosh on all CM 1v1s because every couple of weeks someone on one side or the other breaks the rules seems pretty silly and short sighted. 98% of people up there have never done anything "against the 'rules'". Are we going to let the 2% "win" by ruining it for everyone?

    AFAIK, CM rules are unofficially recognized on most servers. Do you (DD PvMP community) want to be the ones responsible for breaking that tradition on our server?
    Since creeps can't police their own on Dwarrowdelf, then yes, I will ruin CM here. Agreement about CM is only good if it is honored, and apparently it escapes a good portion of creepside to do that.
    Last edited by Pickletongue; Sep 14 2011 at 09:58 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Warth View Post
    i didnt state any purpose, we cant communicate via anything other than rune stone. bbat likes to corpse jump after 6 of you gank me (which he does constantly), so i called him out on my stone since i was alone up there 6v1. he didnt fight, so i retaliated on my own, after giving him a chance to prove hes not a coward afraid to die.
    So you broke the rules after the creeps broke the rules, you gave up your right to QQ right then. Though i do give you props for having balls bork it is noticeable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickletongue View Post
    Since creeps can't police their own on Dwarrowdelf, then yes, I will ruin CM here. Agreement about CM is only good if it is honored, and apparently it escapes a good portion of creepside to do that.
    Neither can freeps see above also see Toa for reference, its not the first time cm rules have been broke won't be the last. Also zid really what goes on at cm when your out ever? From my experience the only time there's freeps at cm is after they get rolled by larger forces.

    I don't really care for CM, i have a good idea of my chances of winning any fight. Once i go to CM those chances all go down because i lose the element of surprise. That and the waiting around to actually do anything makes cm unappealing to me. The vast majority of player on cm are there to get kills, and want the surest thing, as such higher ranked players are generally sitting around doing nothing. Now whats dumb is raging about it, i wonder how much moreso it would be if it actually happened to you zid.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000071e4d/signature.png]Vivianpedicure[/charsig]

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA, USA
    Posts
    582

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTROOO View Post
    Then don't go up there and ruin it for the vast majority of people who do choose to observe it and don't fk around with the well-established 'rules'.

    Just because you don't celebrate Christmas doesn't mean you should turn into the grinch every december.
    Cool story, bro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    645

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Eaisiel View Post
    So you broke the rules after the creeps broke the rules, you gave up your right to QQ right then. Though i do give you props for having balls bork it is noticeable.


    Neither can freeps see above also see Toa for reference, its not the first time cm rules have been broke won't be the last. Also zid really what goes on at cm when your out ever? From my experience the only time there's freeps at cm is after they get rolled by larger forces.

    I don't really care for CM, i have a good idea of my chances of winning any fight. Once i go to CM those chances all go down because i lose the element of surprise. That and the waiting around to actually do anything makes cm unappealing to me. The vast majority of player on cm are there to get kills, and want the surest thing, as such higher ranked players are generally sitting around doing nothing. Now whats dumb is raging about it, i wonder how much moreso it would be if it actually happened to you zid.
    I found it funny that people got concerned that I could stop what goes on lol.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Ok, lets set this straight. First, I never said I don't corpse jump, I said I hardly ever do it. Understand the difference. Second, I never said I don't QQ (because I do, as most also do) I said I don't QQ about being jumped.

    And Omnom, you gave me an ultimatum... you said either invite 2 creeps I don't trust, or you were going to leave the group. So I dismissed you. What are you mad about? You were going to leave when I didn't invite them anyway.

    And Doomsie, i'm sorry for falsly accusing you of spying. All I know is I didn't invite you or your buddy and when we were going up the ramp from HH to Plains OP I saw you and your buddy out of stealth. I told my group we are probably going to have freeps show up because of who you are, then your freeps showed up. What was I supposed to think?

    It doesn't matter to me if you like me or not. Who cares? I am 99.9% creep and I play a warg. I don't expect to be loved. The only time we might interact is that rare time you might log into your creep, and even then it doesn't matter because I solo allot.

    ***************************

    I'm in agreement with Vivianpedicure. CM is kinda lame for wargs as we rely so much on the element of surprise. However, I do like the idea of CM and don't think people should ruin it just because of someone acting stupid.

    Oh, and just because someone doesn't accept your spar request is not a reason to gank them.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickletongue View Post
    I found it funny that people got concerned that I could stop what goes on lol.
    Why Zidia? You have a whole kin to call upon, and a /glff channel. What do we have? /ooc? It's no secret that freeps have a much better pool to draw upon. You have hundreds of people playing on freep side. We have a handful of creeps on at any given time. So yeah, your threat is real.

    When you guys are getting pounded you can call more freeps. When creeps are getting pounded we can either turtle in npc's, play wargs, or log.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  21. #21

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by StileMajere View Post

    And Omnom, you gave me an ultimatum... you said either invite 2 creeps I don't trust, or you were going to leave the group. So I dismissed you. What are you mad about? You were going to leave when I didn't invite them anyway.
    Yes, i gave you an ultimatum saying i wasn't gonna go do an op without my friends. Is that so bad? wanting to play with my friends? And why does it matter if you trust someone for an op? An op is simple and fast, and every new creep needs DP, so why are we leaving them out just because you've never seen them before? If this is the way you treat new creeps you shouldn't go off QQing that there aren't enough creeps, because its partially your fault they dont find it fun on creep side cause no one is willing to help out. Imagine if veteran creeps actually HELPED new creeps, i'd think there would be alot of new creeps stickin around :O

    And im mad because you actually dismissed me. I may not have been so mad if you had actually said sorry, dont feel like inviting them cause i dont know them. Then i would have left, NOT mad :O! It was rude, and you got what you deserved. Glad to know you enjoyed it so much
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000012ac4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Canadianbacon r6 Burg
    Omnom R7 Warg

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    645

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by StileMajere View Post
    Why Zidia? You have a whole kin to call upon, and a /glff channel. What do we have? /ooc? It's no secret that freeps have a much better pool to draw upon. You have hundreds of people playing on freep side. We have a handful of creeps on at any given time. So yeah, your threat is real.

    When you guys are getting pounded you can call more freeps. When creeps are getting pounded we can either turtle in npc's, play wargs, or log.
    I never call out for more numbers, not in glff, not in kin. I barely say anything in glff period.

    If someone sends me a tell or asks, I tell them exactly what it is like. That is why Jacbo, Pres and other Ainur show up on creepside sometimes to help bolster numbers a bit.

    I can take fighting outnumbered and do so all the time. I can't control what other people do, most of the time there are 4-6 Ainur out and creeps QQ about that. We get 9 and start rolling creeps and the creeps log. Why would I want more people out to wreck the pvmp? Why would I call out, not that I even do, 100s of freeps? It bad enough as it is at times with the zone flooded with freeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000070cf6/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Pickletongue View Post
    I never call out for more numbers, not in glff, not in kin. I barely say anything in glff period.

    If someone sends me a tell or asks, I tell them exactly what it is like. That is why Jacbo, Pres and other Ainur show up on creepside sometimes to help bolster numbers a bit.

    I can take fighting outnumbered and do so all the time. I can't control what other people do, most of the time there are 4-6 Ainur out and creeps QQ about that. We get 9 and start rolling creeps and the creeps log. Why would I want more people out to wreck the pvmp? Why would I call out, not that I even do, 100s of freeps? It bad enough as it is at times with the zone flooded with freeps.
    I didn't mean to imply that you DO call out, simply that you could. So if you say your going to zerg CM with friends, you could, because there are plenty of freeps online at all times. That's all.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

  24. #24

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    As always - two sides to every story

    Attunement Troll says: Keep writing smarta.s.s. comments on your RK stone: get zerged on CM

    As for everything after that....meh same old same old, it's happened before by both sides, it'll happen again...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000b4559/signature.png]Omw[/charsig]

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    360

    Re: Candy Mountain 9/14/11

    Quote Originally Posted by znz212 View Post
    Yes, i gave you an ultimatum saying i wasn't gonna go do an op without my friends. Is that so bad? wanting to play with my friends? And why does it matter if you trust someone for an op? An op is simple and fast, and every new creep needs DP, so why are we leaving them out just because you've never seen them before? If this is the way you treat new creeps you shouldn't go off QQing that there aren't enough creeps, because its partially your fault they dont find it fun on creep side cause no one is willing to help out. Imagine if veteran creeps actually HELPED new creeps, i'd think there would be alot of new creeps stickin around :O
    I guess I don't respond well to ultimatum's.

    No it's not bad wanting to play with friends. Do you honestly think that is the first time I've been spied upon? I can't count how many times I've been trying to take something and someone has told the freeps about it. It does matter if I trust someone, because I actually wanted to TAKE it, not be rolled by freeps that were told our location.

    I'm not alone in feeling this way. Why do you think there are rank requirements for tribes? I didn't make the rule for BAMF that only Rank 5 and higher are allowed. I didn't make Pariah's rank requirement. These people made it this way for a reason. So yeah, I don't trust lower ranked creeps. And I for sure don't trust full time freeps part time creeps. This is why I wouldn't invite Doomsie in the first place, is because I didn't want our location given away. And what happened? So tell me, is my miss-trust founded or what? Can you honestly be mad at me for not inviting someone because I was afraid they would give my location away to the freeps, when that is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED?

    And I do help creeps out, alot of times! In-fact last night I was helping a warg and 2 others out (Sorry Miss Warg, forgot your name ) Who had never even been to the delving, didn't know what corruption traits were or that you could barter for Rank 2 of them, didn't know how to start a FM w/o using tendon shred, didn't know what positional damage was. And they were a rank 3 creep already.

    So dislike me for being a troll, or for being rude or inconsiderate... but at least do it for the right reasons.
    [CENTER]Gourdies-R9 Defiler - Zaknafeinz-R9 Defiler & Roudy-R11 Warg, Dwarrowdelf
    [/CENTER]

 

 
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload