We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi all, I'm from Italy too and am a Role Player. I've been reading and browsing for a while, and the impression is, at least for the Italian part, that RP has gone fading in the years. If someone can prove me wrong I'll be extremely happy

I hope to be able to find some good RP around I've been to the Archives and it gave me some hopes.

If any medium-heavy RP Italian kinship exists, I would be glad to meet you ^^ Unfortunately I cannot grant regular presence, but would like to play IC as much as I can. Anyway also English RP with patient players will do

Btw is there any manual way to mark the pg as RP other than emoting for a while? I think it could be useful to RPers, to recognise each other as willing to RP, also when idle or questing.

There is an in game mechanic to change the colour of your name tag to represent role playing. You just have to type /Rp on. Or /rp off

I am not sure people really pay attention to it, I know myself I opt to keep names off so. Can never see this.

I am not sure about what Italian Kinships are out there but role play is certainly very active on Laurelin. Sometimes he hardest part is finding it when you don't know people. There are several server rp events which take place, these can be seen on the Turbine Laurelin section.

Hope this has helped.

Regards
    K
    Khalis - Elven Warder & Captain in the Warband of Imladris
    An Elven Kin based in Rivendell, composed of Elves and Men in honour of the old alliance formed by Lord Elrond.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorlethryth View Post
    Hi! I’m a lore-lolling, werewolf-playing, wannabe-in-twilight-for-real, blood sucking, evil vampire arpeeist!!!1eleven

And I’m also a big fat liar. Sorry!

I’ve been roleplaying in one guise or another for many years, ever since the days of taking over mum’s dining table with my battered D&D rule book and worn dice. More recently I’ve played several of the ‘well known’ MMOs and over the years have spend a little time with some not so pretty games but just as much fun in their own way (remember ‘Vampires! The Dark Alleyway’ and Gothador anyone?).

I often play games with my son these days and when Lego Universe recently announced they were pulling the plug I asked friends at work about other family-friendly MMOs. LOTR:O was suggested and given that I’m afflicted with a life-long love of Tolkien how could I resist signing up to try the game out.

I love the game so far. It looks beautiful and even the more complex mechanics remain intuitive, but already lacking for me is the additional layer of immersion to be gained from IC interactions with complete strangers and soon-to-be-friends.

I’ve had a browse through the forums over the last few days and was pleasantly surprised to find that not only is there a strong RP community here but that it appears to be actively encouraged (as opposed to being totally ignored by a certain other MMO who threw all RP considerations aside in order to preserve the loyalty of paying morons a couple of expansions ago).

And so I find myself with another character starting on another realm, where I look forward to bumping into some like-minded players and an assortment of characters with whom I hope to engage soon.

*waves ever-so-slightly too enthusiastically*
    Hello there and welcome, it sounds like you came from the pen and paper rp universes I did. There is certainly a lot of great rp to be had once you get used to the way things run. I would keep an eye on these forums for server wide events and also try to read the Laurelin Archives when you can to get an night as to where a lot of the Rp is being done.

Regards
    K
    An Elven Kin based in Rivendell, composed of Elves and Men in honour of the old alliance formed by Lord Elrond.

Hello Laurelin

Thought i would take the time seeing as the servers are down to say hello to the community of this fantastic server!
    I used to play many moons ago when the game first came out and all these years later when i joined again Laurelin still feels like home.
    Hello to one and all! Hope to see you back in the Shire asap.
    Last edited by Cloggy; Feb 16 2013 at 07:59 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000286649/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks Khalis for your answer. I discovered that "/Rp on" thing the other day, playing with some Laureliners. All of them were very kind, and you are right saying RP is lively on Laurelin, only is not easy to keep the pace for one who is not a native speaker of English, most of all when the RP gets a little crowdy :P
    Moreover, when you are used to RP in your language and do it in another you can't help feeling clumsy, lacking the words to express what you would like to, in the way you would. I hope I'll get better as the time goes by. For the time being thanks for your patience and friendliness

Greetings people.

It is my pleasure to meet you. Im planning on playing on this server after downloading and installing the game to enjoy role playing. I am not an experienced role player, I have hardly ever done it due to the fact that most MMORPGs these days tend to disregard the RPG aspect. The idea of being my character and living the adventures which Middle Earth has in store for me is quite exciting.
    Im going to roll a Race of Man Burglar possible named Dinenon and as for his back story and all that good stuff .... well that is a work in progress :I

I am looking forward to speaking with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergrunt8 View Post
    Greetings people.

It is my pleasure to meet you. Im planning on playing on this server after downloading and installing the game to enjoy role playing. I am not an experienced role player, I have hardly ever done it due to the fact that most MMORPGs these days tend to disregard the RPG aspect. The idea of being my character and living the adventures which Middle Earth has in store for me is quite exciting.
    Im going to roll a Race of Man Burglar possible named Dinenon and as for his back story and all that good stuff .... well that is a work in progress :I

I am looking forward to speaking with you all.
    Just thought i would add a welcome even though your not quite in Middle Earth yet. If your interested in roleplaying your character then take a look at the Laurelin Archives here.

I hope you have some great adventures when you arrive in Middle Earth.

Regards

K

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    Just thought i would add a welcome even though your not quite in Middle Earth yet. If your interested in roleplaying your character then take a look at the Laurelin Archives here.

I hope you have some great adventures when you arrive in Middle Earth.

Regards

K
    Thanks for the welcome, I'll be checking out that website

Hey y'all. Just thought I'd introduce myself here (I think I'm in the right forums).
    New to LOTRO but have been a huge Tolkien geek since I was about 15.
    Rolled up my first character, an Elf Champion, not thought too much about him RP-wise beyond "survivor of the Fall of Gondolin" but I'm looking forward to getting it all fleshed out and definitely looking forward to RPing with all you wonderful peoples.

I play on Dwarrowdelf and Crickhollow fairly often with my kin, but have just recently started a Dwarf RK on Laurelin named Karstagg. While it is fun running around with kinmates, I wanted something more and decided to give RPing a try.

Karstagg is a fairly young dwarf only being 80 or 90, but has a desire to go out and do something more with his life than just being a miner. So His/My journey has begun.

Welcome to all the folk that come hither to the most immersive server LotRO has to offer.

Those who start new here or others who have ever been solely on Laurelin may not fully know or understand how unique this realm is (especially when compared to any other) but for myself as one who has played for a long while aforetime on other servers too I have related knowledge and experience thus I value and praise and let more people know all that Laurelin has to offer; for nowhere else there are (or so I deem and believe from all that is known to me and the experience I and many others have) so many fans and roleplayers of J.R.R. Tolkien's world and a more mature and polite community.

I have changed servers over and over again in former days long now gone yet ever since I came to Laurelin and saw/experienced for myself all that it has to offer and met many of its people, I was glad indeed and felt at ease as one may feel that has long sought for a finer realm to dwell in and finally learns about it and comes thither or as Men of Middle-earth did in ancient times when they hoped to find the land where they could have peace and so at last they came to the lands of the Elder Race and there though their life was not seamless (what is..) it was far better and with no doubt it was worth the move for they become renowned and wiser, learning from the Elves and were among good people.
    So hearken to the call like-minded people of other lands and come!

Let your hearts be glad newcomers to Laurelin for you are where the Peoples of Middle-earth come real! May your stay be long and contented.
    [CENTER][URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/12497"]A place in-game for all fans [SIZE=1](and roleplayers)[/SIZE] of Tolkien's world. Enter friends and experience Middle-earth.[/URL][/CENTER]

So, good sir "Cris" where would you recommend that the newer players go seeking some quality RP?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000293d12/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Greetings to all ya newly arrived people to (this server in) the Middle Earth!

Just thought I should say 'Hi' to ya all, and welcome ya to the best Lotro server there is :-)
    like people here have said before, we are quite an unique mix of people on this server where
    it seems the more mature players have gathered to rp and have a good time.

Just a little thing that have buggered me a little while reading this and similar posts about RP, is that
    peple thing they need ot be in an exact place to be able to RP. (Like the Prancing, or Thorins Hall etc)
    RP is 'living your character' ingame.. and that means if ya meet anyone on your way to gold and glory
    tip your hat, give a friendly wave and strike up a conversation IC if ya can. (IC = In Character)
    You dont have to be hanging in the Pony to be 'rp'ing' when there is a whole tolkien world out there :-)

One thing that might be nice to remember though, is the RP tag on your character.
    If ya want to be taken seriously as a RP'er (and in that way signalising to others that ya are IC and ready for some rp fun) then run the command '/RP on' in the chat window to turn your name over your head from yellow into bright white.

So, tonight is the 'Green Dragon Friday event' over in Bywater (se other post on this forum) so if ya got a
    hobbit (or a well mannered dwarf) take the trip for some IC fun the hobbit way :-)

Best regards
    Grymrock Grey.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000018aa94/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Leader of 'Order of the Divine Brew' kinship at [EN-RP] Laurelin server.
    Bandleader of [URL="http://laurelinarchives.org/node/7504"]'The Chosen Few'[/URL] at the [En-RP] Laurelin server.

Quote Originally Posted by Domminust View Post
    Greetings! I am Lenglenui, human Lore-Master. Open to any RP and Adventure. I am but a wonderer of middle earth. Seeking higher consciousness, and to vanquish evil. I also have a hobbit, Millwill, a simple minstril who enjoys fishing, eating, drinking, jamming, and all other hobbit pleasures of life. Looking forward to meeting my new community. I am a newbie

Be well, Blessings.
    My dwarf Dromwaldin saw you at the Poetry contest this evening. Welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here

Returning EU Player

Greetings to one and all,

Long time Laurelin player here from launch returning to the server and game I loved (after a two-and-a-half year sabbatical!).

Unfortunately due to a combination of hardware and personal issues forcing me away, I was unable to complete my account transfer back when LOTRO changed hands from Codemasters to Turbine and as a consequence am having to start from scratch as an FTP (bye bye L65 Captain, Moria and Mirkwood; as well as numerous alts).

I am currently still deciding which class to go for and have had fun reserving a lore-abiding name as all of my original names are no longer available (go figure!!). Currently I am going by the name of Aralanmythiriel, though that may change over the next few days as it seems far too long (unless I go elf and forget about a surname).

Some of you may (or may not) remember me as Thiriel Tenuviel, Captain of Gondor and PUG raid organiser (specifically full 24-man Thorog at the time) to allow non-raid players to find out about LOTRO raiding in general and complete some quests they may have picked up.

If you remember me then it would be great to hear from you, and if not feel free to add me as a friend; though please be aware that I have no compunction about `black-listing´ characters if I deem it necessary (you will get several polite warnings before it does happen) as I want to enjoy the game again and not have to deal with griefers, spammers and idiots in general.

Regards.

New to Laurelin, just started up a couple days ago. Really enjoying the server and the community seems great so far. I played a little at launch and around the release of Moria. I look forward to meeting all of you!
    Dailies, the Boring
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000029a48e/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hey all!

I just started my new life in Middle-Earth in Laurelin today with my impulsive, reckless little Elf, Velsirien! I used to play in Elendilmir (I haven't been playing for that long, but I started off there), which was great, but a little too quiet for me. So I decided to make the switch. I've only gotten to level 10 with my character here in Laurelin, but I took the time to get a feel of the community here, went to the Pony a few times and there was always a fun RP going on. I love it so far, and I'm thinking this is going to be my main server from now on. I'm really looking forward to meeting some awesome Elves/Dwarves/Men/Hobbits and immersing myself in a great RP! Hope to see you guys in-game!
    Last edited by Velsirien; Apr 04 2013 at 04:56 AM.
    [ such is the nature of evil; in time, all foul things come forth. ]
    velsirien | landroval

Enjoy your travels and adventures through Middle Earth on Laurelin, its a wonderful place. If you enjoy your roleplay may i suggest you take a look at the Laurelin Archives, its a great roleplay resource for the Laurelin Server.

My name is Reamund and have decided to take up residence here for a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2