We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are Macro's legal?

Hey everyone I had a small question before I start using it.
    I have a Razer mouse with software which allows me to setup macro's.
    Question is: Is this legal in LotRo?
    An example of the macro's I would use:

Buffchain:
    -Put on buff weapon
    -Put on buff emblem
    -Put on Rift set
    -Buff Motivating Speech
    -Buff Relentless Attack fellowship member 1 to 6
    -Buff IdoMe
    -Put on Normal equipment

Another example on which I could use:

Fighting Withdrawal:
    -Put on 3 pieces of OD
    -Use skill Fighting Withdrawal
    -Put on Normal equipment

Are these macro's legal?

Re: Are Macro's legal?

i believe they are, world of warcraft players use them, and i no people in the ettenmoors who use them, i don't see a point to it, unless to put gear on or buff, if u gonna use it for fighting which i have also seen people do (risky if using in etten) .... people dont like people using macro's,(*unfair advantage some say) however you are not cheating. i be leave plugins can do all the things macro's can do. if there was a problem with it turbine will find a way to disable them

(example can switch to dn peace and get a bonus to rezz/hips etc then switch to something for dps in under 100% of the time it would norm take a player looking in bag for the peaces which are scattered )

(i don't be leave it brakes terms and conditions as your not editing game)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224010000075024/signature.png]Warr[/charsig]
    warr rank 8 .... Kits rank 5 (65) warcats rank 5.... dogs rank 4 (65)
    warcat rank5 ....Dinogards rank 3 (63) warleade rank 4.... Tigersclaws rank 0 (65)
    warriorwar rank 4....Ravenstar rank 0 (54)weavers rank 2 .... rizenfox rank 0 (40)

Yeah the only intention of the macro's are buffing since I am a captain, and I prefer making use of all the set bonusses there are. Hope anyone can confirm if these macro's are allowed.

One area I think Macros are illegal is in multi-boxing. From my understanding, each toon should be human controlled. I think I've even heard the phrase 3 toons = 3 keyboards. I've seen 6+ toons casting skills simultaneously with no delay and i think THIS is not kosher. It seems to be happening more and more, especially in the moors. (I imagine it will get much worse with F2P there).

Search the forums, I think there is a blue name post if it didn't get purged that addresses macros. I know there was a G19 thread about them and I believe you were not allowed to chain skills, but you were allowed to macro from a pool of skills. Double check though, since I'm not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    One area I think Macros are illegal is in multi-boxing. From my understanding, each toon should be human controlled. I think I've even heard the phrase 3 toons = 3 keyboards. I've seen 6+ toons casting skills simultaneously with no delay and i think THIS is not kosher. It seems to be happening more and more, especially in the moors. (I imagine it will get much worse with F2P there). *snip*
    i have seen group of 6 (1 person 1 keyboard) (ettenmoors ba's)

most of the time for PVE it is just the use of bots which are illegal (these are not macro's because i beleave the bots are not human controlled however, macro's have to be clicked(on mouse) so human controlled and MOST of the time it is aloud )

... but yes browse forums for a blue name response
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/20224010000075024/signature.png]Warr[/charsig]
    warr rank 8 .... Kits rank 5 (65) warcats rank 5.... dogs rank 4 (65)
    warcat rank5 ....Dinogards rank 3 (63) warleade rank 4.... Tigersclaws rank 0 (65)
    warriorwar rank 4....Ravenstar rank 0 (54)weavers rank 2 .... rizenfox rank 0 (40)

In most post I read it is allowed, read even about people using the same mouse with its macro software as I have, so I think its ok. Still, if anyone could find the thread where the blue name responded that would be some sort of relief Cheers all

Here are some general guidelines of what is not allowed and can get you banned. Note that this list is not all inclusive.

• If the macro can run by itself and thus play the game unattended.
    • If it gives you an unfair advantage (over another player or a mob does not matter). For example, something that allows you to do more damage during combat than what otherwise would be possible.
    • Having another program control the client.

Programmable keyboards, mice, etc are allowed (this was confirmed by Turbine back at launch). However, if the macro allows unattended play it is still illegal.

Having, for example, a macro to summon a herald and add your buffs is not in and of itself a violation. Just be mindful of how fast the commands are being sent. Sending 10 commands all at once (no delays) could be construed by a GM as an unfair advantage, whereas adding a small delay between sending each command (to closer mimic doing them all by hand) may be fine.

Whether you are running a single client or multiple clients makes no difference. When in doubt, ask the in-game support. Getting a confirmation ahead of time saves potential issues later.
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Illegal macros need some sort of hook into the client which allows the macro to take an action based upon reading something from the client and then preform an action.

Your Razor mouse (and my G15 keyboard) do not do that. They simply playback a keystroke or series of key strokes. Razor mouse macro's are fine to use in this game.