We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Plugins on Mac? Specifically the 'Songbook' plugin.

I recently got a nice shiny new mac which is efficient at running LoTRO unofficial client.

I use the client from this thread:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...tro-mac-client
    as opposed to running bootcamp on mac and installing windows on a seperate part of the operating system.

In game it runs fine. But I cannot load any plugins. I use 'Palantir' and 'Buffbars' for raiding, but these aren't really a necessity.. However, my roleplaying side is quite a musician (Captain proficient in all instruments ) and so I can't really be without songbook to arrange my extensive collection of solo/group pieces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, any ideas, any anything

Regards,
    -Cal
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000066cd5/signature.png]Callie[/charsig]
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

Re: Plugins on Mac? Specifically the 'Songbook' plugin.

Um.... I'll try to help best I can... this is going to be a lot of shooting in the dark, hopefully it hits something.

1) Figure out wherever your screenshots are saved to on Mac.

2) Use that folder to get the Example plugins loaded (from Narrel's post). If you can at least get those to appear, using:
    /plugins list
    Pick one and try to load it. Hopefully that will get you going, once you know where they are, then putting in manager, Palantir, and the rest shouldn't be too hard.

Conversely, you could try to run LotRO via bootcamp, your performance will likely be better too.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Sep 09 2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

I do not know the File planet "wrapper" that uses "wineskin" ...

However, WINE itself and CrossOver Games CXG, which is based on Wine both store things as follows...

1- <user>/Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online

In that folder, you will find (at least) the files: "lotro.keymap" and UserPreferences.ini" -- these two files are created automatically when the client launches.

This folder also contains your screenshots and is where you need to create a folder called "Plugins".

All of your Plugins are then placed in that folder. Depending upon who packaged the Plugin, you may need to FIRST install the two Turbine plugin folders "Turbine" and "TurbinePlugins." (download from somewhere in this section of the forums. I don't use songbook, but for example, the folder "Shady" will contain "Manager" for the Plugin manager.
    Similarly, "Tonic" contains "Tonic Bars" and "PengorosPlugins" will contain Buff Bars.

2- Since Wine is based on "bottles," I assume that Wineskin is also.

You should also have a set of folders...
    NOTE: that under Lion, the Library folder is now a "hidden" folder and requires certain steps to make it visible again.

<user>/Library/Application Support/<wineskin?>/Bottles/<your bottle>/drive_c/Program Files/Turbine... etc.

I happen to run on a 27 inch iMac using Crossover Games (CXG) on Lion, and have no problems with plugins. (Graphics issues are a different story.)
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden

Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

The biggest problem will probably be the songbook.hta which is used to generate the song library. But if you use Crossover Games to play, I do know one user who has made an equivalent script that should work on Macs. :-)

-Chiran
    [URL="http://chiran.lotrointerface.com/portal.php"]My LoTROInterface Portal[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiran_EU View Post
    The biggest problem will probably be the songbook.hta which is used to generate the song library. But if you use Crossover Games to play, I do know one user who has made an equivalent script that should work on Macs. :-)

-Chiran
    Hi!

I hope it's fine to bump this thread but this is also my problem. I play a minstrel and play LOTRO using Crossover Games in a Mac have been dying to get Songbook to work in it. You're right, songbook.hta is my biggest problem because I have no idea how to open it (IE 5.2.3 doesn't even fully load it). Can you help me?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rii-kun View Post
    Hi!

I hope it's fine to bump this thread but this is also my problem. I play a minstrel and play LOTRO using Crossover Games in a Mac have been dying to get Songbook to work in it. You're right, songbook.hta is my biggest problem because I have no idea how to open it (IE 5.2.3 doesn't even fully load it). Can you help me?

Thanks!
    I don't have a solution for it myself, but sent you a pm about it :-).

-Chiran
    [URL="http://chiran.lotrointerface.com/portal.php"]My LoTROInterface Portal[/URL]