We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cool concert coming soon!

Hello everyone, this is Roglas. Some of you might have seen my little band on the bridge by the river playing music most evenings. I have had request in game to have a concert, If you would like, please answer the following to help me define the dates and times and what the concert will consist of. Thank you!

Questions to answer;

1. What day would be best for you? M,T,W,Th,F,Sat,Sun?
    2. Day or Evening?
    3. Would you prefer a mix concert or dedicated ? Such as all Abba songs, or a mix of many?
    4. From the era's above (60-80's) who is your favorite?
    5. What other events would you like at the concert? In other words, what would you like to see that players could do? (example, hold races) or just the concert alone?
    6. Any comments or suggestions?

I appreciate any input here and if you have heard my music in game let me know! Would love to see how many actually remember or would like to see this happen.

-Roglas
    Last edited by xnode; Sep 12 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Re: concert, would you welcome one?

Hi mate, do you mean that u log more than one character in and play all the instruments yourself?

Im looking to start a lotro band

Questions to answer;

2. Day or Evening?
    3. Would you prefer a mix concert or dedicated ? Such as all Abba songs, or a mix of many?
    5. What other events would you like at the concert? In other words, what would you like to see that players could do? (example, hold races) or just the concert alone?

1)Friday or Saturday
    2)Evening, Im in UK though (GMT Time)
    3)I like any music, love 80s and some S&G
    4)^^^^
    5)Id like to see horse and goat racing (Ive tried to this in kinship) and also things such as Pipe-Weed meets, where we (the pipeweed group) meet at houses, smoke, trade pipeweed
    6)Keep doing your thing and give me a shout if u wanna hook up and try get something going :P

Tahlib Salaam of Araman

Any day would be fine.

I have been trying to organize a band in my Kin. Would like to see someone else perform.

Re: Concert coming soon!

Talked to a few people in game each day, got "some" replies to the thread , could use more. However responses directly in game are very large and my friend list for the emailing of event is getting huge. So it looks like a go. I have been thinking about this and I might do parters list listed below, or a one theme like all classical one time sit. Let me know what you would prefer!

Roglas's 4 Man Band Presents:

"Music For The Ages"

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Classical Reverance
    "A tribute to all the great classical pieces from great writers like bach, mozart and more!"

- length apx 1 hour
    - start time: 6pm cst
    - play list
    ...1812 overture
    ... William Tell
    ... Hungarian Rhapsody 2
    ... Barber of Seville
    ... moonlite in c
    ... saberdance
    ... violins in c
    ... branden
    ... requiem
    ... seasons summer
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Classical Rock
    "Bringing back the 60-70-80's to life , re-visiting such greats as pink floyd, crosby stills nash & young, super-tramp, queen and many many more!"

- length apx 1 hour
    - start time: 7:30pm cst
    - play list
    ...stairway
    ...supertramp give a little bit
    ...supertramp song2
    ...pinkfloyd goodbye
    ...pinkfloyd hey you
    ...csny southern cross
    ...csny Ginnevere
    ...csny Ohio
    ...csny Sute Judy Blues
    ...queen Killer Queen
    ...queen Bohemian Rhapsody
    ...the doors 1
    ...Yes 1

----------------------------------------------------------
    Love Song Compulations
    "From the 60's-80's, bring the love and emotions back into your game with such great hits as "Hold Me" by Fleetwood Mac, "Annie's Song" by John Denver, "Holly Holy" by Neil Dimond, "Summer Breeze" by Seals 'n Croft and so much more!"

- length apx 1 hour
    - start time: 8:45pm cst
    - play list
    ...southern nights
    ...annies song
    ...hold me
    ...holly holy
    ...solitary man
    ...piano man
    ...your so vain
    ...cats in the cradle
    ...your the only women
    ...amy
    ...afternoon delight
    ...even now
    ...my love
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Abba Tribute
    "Top hit songs from the abba collection! Such hit's as "SOS", "Money", "Knowing Me Knowing You" and so many more!

- length apx 1 hour
    - start time: 10pm cst
    - play list
    ...Angle Eyes
    ...Chiquitia
    ...Dancing Queen
    ...Fernando
    ...The Game
    ...GimmeGimmeGimme
    ...Knowing Me Knowing You
    ...Money
    ...SOS
    ...Supra Dupra
    ...Take A Chance On Me
    --------------------------------------------------------
    The Roglas Collection & Audiance Request's
    "Top picks not played in today's concert prefered by the re-composer roglas"

- length apx 1 *till band gets tired!*
    - start time: 11pm cst
    - play list
    -Audiance Request's
    ...band on the run
    ...Listen
    ...my little town
    ...a song for emily
    ...celtic song 1
    ...celtic song 2
    ...saturday in the park
    ...new kid in town
    ...sail away
    ...the chain
    ...ritz
    ...moonriver
    ...Mexican Shuffle

*more to edit, check back for updates!*

*please note: all songs listed are custom by roglas, there might be others out there, but these where made to fit my band make up.
    Last edited by xnode; Sep 12 2011 at 04:36 PM.

Wandering Minstrel Sidhariel Songbreeze, at your service. I'm up for anything musical.

Indeed, I've passed your band twice before.

Talking Re: concert, would you welcome one?

Hello

I happened by the bridge last night on my Min Gemmi last night and had a good time.

Questions to answer;

1. any
    2. Eve is nice
    3.Mix for sure. But call out song about mid way
    4. I love it all
    5. The bigger the show the better.. Think Woodstock
    6. Yea send out mail about the event or start a email list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on rocking!

haha I remember some of you, thank you for the replies... seems I will have to work on a bit more songs just finished some boston today, 1 is completed other is still in the works. With the new release expansion things are rough in testing so alas :P ... anyways, keep on posting people! let me know if your interested and what days/times are good for you!

Sounds like fun. Post when you are planning your next one and I hopefully I can show up.

Questions to answer:

2. Day or Evening?

1. Friday and Saturday
    2. Evening
    3. Mix
    4. Country/Folk
    5. Concert

Just do it on your convenience. People will follow. Have a set and don't put too much thought into others' opinions. Have fun and others will have fun. Seen it, done it, hired it, it all works. Everyone loves a party. Just do it.
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

Thnx all,

Yeah, it will be soon now, I have some moodyblues done now and a bunch of others. Getting ready and will let you all know in a new posting. Thnx for the comments and suggestions!

-Roglas

It was great seeing you all playing last night. ^^ The couple of us from Circle of Honor dropped by and really enjoyed it. Keep it up!

Thank you again,

I added songs to http://www.thefatlute.com

So those that wanted some, I have a bunch listed, not even close to all of what I have, but a good mix. enjoy!

I will be hosting soon enough You can always find me on the bridge thou, usually on my days off for an hour or 2 from 10-12pm cst and 9-12am cst. Different days, but mostly saturday and mostly the morning times.

Concert sounds like a lot of fun any day sounds good to me...btw how do you get the songs for you character to play in-game and how does it work?
    "If it involves doritos,mountain dew and bloodshed COUNT ME IN!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000002379b6/signature.png]Raestlyne[/charsig]

Of course!!

2. Day or Evening?

1. I can be online at anytime, but i like sunday
    2. Evening, 8 pm is always perfect for me (Earlier work, later social life)
    3. I loved your classical rock song list Tho I would love to see a LOTR soundtrack concert someday!
    4. 70's & 80's (Zeppelin & Queen!)
    5. Just sharing some nice time away from competition and drama.
    6. Thanks for the idea and the will to do something for the community

BIG HUGS!

Mel.

Thnx again to all for the nice comments,

Still around just lerking in the shadows and working in RL, but alas I have been hitting bree for awhile this week. Might catch me there tonight as well , but to the questions and comments.

When doing music, I suggest http://www.thefatlute.com , as a source in "how to do" anything in music for ABC. As far as sundays, those are good for me as well. As far as LOTRO tunes, I did finish an LOTR Triloligy recently that last 14min or so. A bunch of LOTR movie songs mixed into one large file. merged with fadeouts and ins. Alas, my choice in music mostly is due to my RL age of 40..... something, but alas , I enjoy it when I am not working. I think in the end, it's the coder in me from my rl job that keeps me going in music. I enjoy the coding challenging and that is why I love my job, but when off, I don't care to code to be honest, however music is fun, I enjoy it, I enjoy the game and the re-compiling and getting notes changed (lots of editing) then splitting parts to work in certain instruments to sound good is a great challenge indeed.

Some have heard my latest from LOTR, and my pride and joy atm is a full finished remake of Styx Come Sail Away the full song along with other styx hits. I started working on those a month or so ago, finally done and I must say, probably my best to date.

If you want to hear them, look for me in bree running about playing with my band, I am always there, my best suggestion, add me to your friends list .... /friend add roglas and you will know when I am playing. I am only on rogals to do music, so if you see him on most likly I am somewhere playing. If you don't get a response right away it can be because of the following...

1. You taunted me at one point with an ult and I added you to my ignore list this of course adds all your characters on your account

2. I multi-box on one PC with 4 accounts for my band, names are , roglas, rogalsjr, roglasmirror and the odd ball, so at times I might miss your message , try again.

3. I take request if can do it, most of my songs are 60-80's, classical and celtic dances, I do have theme music like from dragon age and starwars, just ask, I might have it. My collection of custom music I have done personally stands at around 200 titles.

4. Self boasting is something I love to do, hey I am a bard, think you can do better? go do it! hehe j/k but I would love to hear good music, please btw, if you are playing something you didn't make yourself, save the step. I have probably heard it already, remember. been doing this for 3 years now , so really only like hearing custom or mutli-band part music. Solos are so bland in this game. Don't take me wrong, I started solo, but I am at a point where it's group music only.

So anyways look me up, I am always around somewhere!

PS. Concert will happen, I am again getting an idea from responses here. && btw, I added music to thefatlute.com, you can find it by sorting by "added by" click that once and then goto about page 23 . if you want the dragon age theme, I did post that there along with starwars, some abba and some crosby stills and nash and some randoms. enjoy!

PS.PS. If you do go thefatlute and use my songs, leave a comment/rating, I am curious what people think that use them. Thnx

-Roglas
    Last edited by xnode; Dec 02 2011 at 06:13 PM.