We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Symbol of Battle

Hello all,
    Firstly sorry if this has been asked before but i did search and couldnt find an answer.

OK my main, who basically farms ore for my alts wanted a Symbol of battle for his 2nd age lvl 65 spear.
    No problem i thought i have two other alts kindered with their guilds, and the mats to make the crafted relic to trade for the symbol.
    After crafting and trading with crafting guild leader i found my newly obtained symbol was bound to its crafter.
    Im unable to give the symbol to my little hobbit warden for his shiny 2nd age .

I know i can transfer the lowest symbols of might/ fate etc but not The symbol of battle?

Does this mean either i did something stupid and am missing a link along the chain , or that my poor little hobbit can never obtain a Symbol of battle untill he in turns becomes kindred with a crafting guild.

Thanks for any info

Re: Symbol of Battle

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRizla View Post
    Does this mean either i did something stupid and am missing a link along the chain , or that my poor little hobbit can never obtain a Symbol of battle untill he in turns becomes kindred with a crafting guild.
    The bolded portion is correct, unfortunately.

Personally, I feel like these have been in-game long enough that they ought to at least be Bound to Account now. I'm ok with not being able to trade them with other players/sell them on the AH, but it would be nice if I could toss it in shared storage to use on my other characters.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

or that my poor little hobbit can never obtain a Symbol of battle untill he in turns becomes kindred with a crafting guild.
    this is correct, all you missed was the 'bind on aquire' line on the high tier crafted relic.
    --edit--
    I'm slow
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000ff2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Ahhh, thanks for the swift replies

Now to write a long winded wtfffffff! omgz nooooos! i 8u's! your all noobz!! the sky is falling down!!!
    ragequit post (joking btw)

Guessing you are an explorer and need tailoring (although if you are not, the procedure I outline will still work well enough). At least it can be corrected by getting to supreme tier (you only need to unlock it, no proficency) and working hard on the guild rep, which will take you exactly 2 weeks missing not one rep recipe CD to get to kindred.
    You wouldnt need to get more than proficency in tier 1- 5 when you get your tailoring up - you can get mastery of tier 1-5 while you are working on the rep. Although I'd recommend getting mastery asap so you dont waste the craft exp the rep recipes give. Tier 6 need only be mastered to actually make the symbol.
    So, shortest approach: get proficency in tier 1-5 (which also unlock tier 6), make one of each rep recipe and keep producing the items when they are off cd, then wrap up mastery of the tiers as fast as you can and within 2 weeks and you have the ability and rep to make the symbol and battle after 14 days.

Im so with you on the assumption the symbol shouldnt be boa: my captain who has been level 27 since MoM release still got one symbol of battle relic in his bank, looking like a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Guessing you are an explorer and need tailoring (although if you are not, the procedure I outline will still work well enough). At least it can be corrected by getting to supreme tier (you only need to unlock it, no proficency) and working hard on the guild rep, which will take you exactly 2 weeks missing not one rep recipe CD to get to kindred.
    You wouldnt need to get more than proficency in tier 1- 5 when you get your tailoring up - you can get mastery of tier 1-5 while you are working on the rep. Although I'd recommend getting mastery asap so you dont waste the craft exp the rep recipes give. Tier 6 need only be mastered to actually make the symbol.
    So, shortest approach: get proficency in tier 1-5 (which also unlock tier 6), make one of each rep recipe and keep producing the items when they are off cd, then wrap up mastery of the tiers as fast as you can and within 2 weeks and you have the ability and rep to make the symbol and battle after 14 days.

Im so with you on the assumption the symbol shouldnt be boa: my captain who has been level 27 since MoM release still got one symbol of battle relic in his bank, looking like a sad panda.

Thanks for the break down

I now have my level 35 with a symbol of battle sitting in his bank perhaps for ever more lol
    I do wonder why these particular symbols are bound as such. Although i wont be losing any sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRizla View Post
    Thanks for the break down

I now have my level 35 with a symbol of battle sitting in his bank perhaps for ever more lol
    I do wonder why these particular symbols are bound as such. Although i wont be losing any sleep over it.
    I'm guessing it is to encourage more time to be spent in game, aka grinding. If you only need 1 SM crafter to get these goodies, you only need to grind out 1 SM. If you want these relics on all your end game toons, you need to make them all SM crafters. Mind you, that is not without usefulness...

I'm hoping for level 75 upgraded crafted relics, these are fading in significance a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by DelgonTheWise View Post
    I'm guessing it is to encourage more time to be spent in game, aka grinding. If you only need 1 SM crafter to get these goodies, you only need to grind out 1 SM. If you want these relics on all your end game toons, you need to make them all SM crafters. Mind you, that is not without usefulness...

I'm hoping for level 75 upgraded crafted relics, these are fading in significance a bit...
    Not so sure even if they get to be bound to account that it is in our interest to only have one crafter to make the symbols. There is as you know a week CD on the recipe. If you got multiple level 65s, thats.. annoying to have to prioritize which gets first, and which gets the 10 week's symbol.

Myself, I have four alts on the same server which can make of these symbols. My hobbit took over the mantle of my main once he hit the moria, but was initally created just to farm ores.

The only explanation that I can think of is to stop the wholessale farming of shards once a week. Which is rather silly as there are better and other routes to take regarding shard farming.

Now I am intrigued as to why they are bound so

When they came out, the explanation was that they rewarded people who had focused on the crafting side of the game ( assuming I guess that this was a separate subset to the raiders).

I agree though that it is a pain - I have ten kin draftees, and am working on my last two.

Still, this wouldn't be Lotro without a grind or two.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000047263/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Deproelius | Throelmur | Throelmud | Pixi | Harford | Amestra | Mellania | Portentus | Gilanthus | Lurolas | Demosthen | Lurolan
    Shapnakarash | Shapnakharash | Shapnakkarash | Ruark | Gulmurathur | Bregnanduilasraen