We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Crazy Idea

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Crazy Idea

    Has anyone considered creating a Kinship Leader Alliance channel for Kin leads on the server. Could be used to organize events, spread instance completion news, coordinate larger scale content and just generally bring Crickethollow's kins closer together. Just a thought..
    Cas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Posts
    207

    Lightbulb Re: Crazy Idea

    There are a couple of Kin Alliance channels on Gladden. Yes, people use them for the exact reason you posted.

    I know...why don't YOU create a channel and bring the masses together? -)
    Φ 3.4 GHz i7-2600 • 8 Gigs DDR3-1333 Memory • ATI HD6770 • 768K DSL Broadband • 2x500gig RAID0 Storage • RealTek Integrated 5.1 Digital Audio • Windows 7 Home Premium • Dell 2410 24" LCD Monitor Φ[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000020d1/01007/signature.png]Dolnor[/charsig]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    Has anyone considered creating a Kinship Leader Alliance channel for Kin leads on the server. Could be used to organize events, spread instance completion news, coordinate larger scale content and just generally bring Crickethollow's kins closer together. Just a thought..
    Cas
    Not a crazy idea, but due to the public nature of user channels, how would you control who would be in the channel or how would you avoid it becoming another glff?

    If you need me, just send me an in-game mail or a my.lotro message.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Crazy Idea

    You have a point Razor. And we would have to come up with a solution for sure. I want to know if there is an interest out there before we worry about how to handle said problem. I would like to here from more Kin Leads on this subject.

    Cas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Posts
    207

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Some alliance channels are names a person wouldn't associate with the alliance name. A website is established and Kin Leaders create an account on the website, asking for the alliance channel name. Once it is established that the actual Kin Leader is the requester, they are told the alliance chat channel name. Keep a tally of those who know the channel name in case issues arise.
    Φ 3.4 GHz i7-2600 • 8 Gigs DDR3-1333 Memory • ATI HD6770 • 768K DSL Broadband • 2x500gig RAID0 Storage • RealTek Integrated 5.1 Digital Audio • Windows 7 Home Premium • Dell 2410 24" LCD Monitor Φ[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000020d1/01007/signature.png]Dolnor[/charsig]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    You have a point Razor. And we would have to come up with a solution for sure. I want to know if there is an interest out there before we worry about how to handle said problem. I would like to here from more Kin Leads on this subject.

    Cas
    Whenever there is a need for Kin Leader meeting, we can just create a temp channel for that reason. As long as there is a Kin Leader List or something, it shouldn't be too hard to contact everyone?
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Crazy Idea

    The only problem I see with the temp channel is that it adds time to recreate and get reestablished, thus pushing, lets say a 24 man raid back further in time. Would be nice to drop "24 man Dragon Raid" in the already establishedchannel and all participating Kin Leads who wanna go can quickly drop a line through their kin chat and see who wants to go...

    Not saying its possible or easy to create, but sure would be convienant

    Cas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,338

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    The only problem I see with the temp channel is that it adds time to recreate and get reestablished, thus pushing, lets say a 24 man raid back further in time. Would be nice to drop "24 man Dragon Raid" in the already establishedchannel and all participating Kin Leads who wanna go can quickly drop a line through their kin chat and see who wants to go...

    Not saying its possible or easy to create, but sure would be convienant

    Cas
    I guess we could always create a "GRaid" channel.. akin to Glff but for raids only?
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    913

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Glff was suposed to be for global LFF only... look how well that went =D A place for people with verbal diarrhea mostly...
    Quit.

    Find me on Steam and ESO, same name.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the weight room
    Posts
    293

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Built-in tools that Turbine provides free of charge... use your kinship calendar to schedule events, post the event link in the server's forum and call it done. There is no sense in making things complex.

    Example: http://my.lotro.com/guild-8703206280.../the-vile-maw/

    More time spent completing game content and less social engineering = win.
    Last edited by Determination; Sep 08 2011 at 01:37 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Not a bad thought, but it could be done much quicker with an in game channel. I'm certainly not looking for another GLFF and I'm sure were all in agreement with that. It could be started with a select few, and spread around gradually. I'd rather not do it that way, but we would have to start somewhere...

    Cas

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the weight room
    Posts
    293

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote503 View Post
    Not a bad thought, but it could be done much quicker with an in game channel. I'm certainly not looking for another GLFF and I'm sure were all in agreement with that. It could be started with a select few, and spread around gradually. I'd rather not do it that way, but we would have to start somewhere...

    Cas
    I hear you. The only thing about in-game channels is that you cannot moderate them. You can't get an admin view over who is in that channel. Sure it's great for prompt communications without the need for in-game mail, but you know that it may result in an over/misused resource.

    But I think you have a good idea with this though, so the title of the thread should be changed. lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Haha thanks. And yeah it could definitely be ruined by a few individuals. I believe there are enough respectable Kin Leads out there that could use it for its intended purpose though I'll create a channel and if any Kin Lead wants in, they can just hit me up in game and I'll add them.

    Cas

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    158

    Re: Crazy Idea

    Well the channel is up and kin leads are joining. Gotten alot of feedback. Thanks to all for that . If you are a kin lead and haven't gotten the info yet I apologize. we are trying to get to everyone. Ask your local kin lead for the info or hit me up in game.

    Cas

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload