We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What is this server like?

Hey everyone! I used to play this game a ton about four years ago when it first came out, but quit for some reason (probably had something to do with the fact that I was 12 years old). Anyways, I decided to come back now, as I've been really bored recently ever since I finished Lost (awesome series by the way) and I heard that this is a really fun server to start on. I would of course be starting from scratch, and I was hoping you all could post you're opinions about this server and all of that good stuff. I love social servers in games, but do not really like drama or trolls. Anyways, thanks for the information.

Re: What is this server like?

Drama? Trolls? On Imladris? Nahhhhhhhh.
    But really, this is an awesome server, there's some really great people here (some not so great people too, but that's okay). It's always a fun environment with lots of laughs. So comeee, join ussss, we'd love to have you (probably).

(Oh and Lost is my absolute favorite show ever )
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006ef4b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    // Fontaine - 75 Mini // Evagria - 72 LM // Subtle- 54 Burg // Imtoosexyformyskirt - 38 Cappy

Its a nice small server with a healthy community. Sure there are a few trolls, like on every server. You'll figure them out and if they annoy you, you just click ignore. Simple as that.
    Im not sure if you are interested in RP, raiding, PvP or something else but im sure you can find what you like here.
    [CENTER][URL="http://postimage.org/"][IMG]http://s5.postimg.org/oiz5srzbr/download_1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[COLOR=#ffffff][I][B]Only fools and dead men never change their mind[/B][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

I started an alt on this server about mid-August, and I've enjoyed my time on this server for the most part. The players seem nice. I haven't seen many trolls, or drama.
    The one problem I do have with this server is the amount of blind kinship invites you get at the lowbie levels. Up until I got into the Breefields I was getting (At the very least) two blind kinship invites a day, but it usually came to about four blind invites a day. If you don't like blind invites the first fifteen levels are going to be a nightmare for you.
    Other than that this is a good server, start here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000001d7cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I'm so bad at this game I got killed by a boar in Evendim.

Its a real nice server, however extremely small. You may find yourself very lonely at times if you dont join one of the larger kinships in the realm, and since theres so few people you end up knowing everyone rather quickly....This server is very reminiscent of high school....if high school was filled with the cast of "Cheers" something that you may find very cool, or creepy as hell....either way its worth checking out.

The community is good.
    The population is small.
    End game raiding is not competitive which is either good or bad depending on your taste.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000232ca/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Syanide View Post
    Its a real nice server, however extremely small. You may find yourself very lonely at times if you dont join one of the larger kinships in the realm, and since theres so few people you end up knowing everyone rather quickly....This server is very reminiscent of high school....if high school was filled with the cast of "Cheers" something that you may find very cool, or creepy as hell....either way its worth checking out.
    and this is the Theme song for the server
    *Starts to Sing*
    "Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got
    Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
    Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name
    and they're always glad you came
    You wanna be where you can see - our troubles are all the same
    You wanna be where everybody knows your name

You wanna go where people know people are all the same
    You wanna go where everybody knows your name"

Thank you I will be here all week

This is my favourite server to play on. It has enough people to make it easy to find a group, but it's not over-crowded like some other servers I've played, and, in my opinion, the overall atmosphere is much more relaxed.

Good luck. =) I think you'll have fun in Imladris.
    Last edited by Elemiire; Sep 26 2011 at 08:02 PM.

This server is small. Sometimes, you'll get to know most of the people. However, its very full at starter areas, but from people that just play the free part of games and move on to others. In the low levels, its a horrid nightmare to walk around the starter areas, because you'll get LOTS of blind invites.
    Pretty much what other posters said above.

-There aren't much trolls (there will always be in the internet).

-The community is nice.

-Players don't tend to fight between them (but there will always be).

-At low levels, the may be griefers, but they turn rare after the free part.

-Depends where you go, it may be lonely. If you go through places like the remotest part of the Misties, don't expect to find more than one or two. If you go to Galtrev (newest hub), there may be between 30 to 60 on estimate and guessing.

-The hubs don't get as much lag as other servers do. Also, since there are much less players, spawns are much easier.

-Finding PUGs isn't that hard. If you want a raiding kin, there are two or three.

-The server is not that small that you only see the same players all over again.

-In the moors, its usually empty on non-peak hours. They get action at around 4:00-8:00 Eastern Monday to F. And weekends mostly at middays.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000002f2f5/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by zagreb000 View Post
    Sure there are a few trolls, like on every server.
    Every village still needs its idiots.
    Do you remember the taste of [color=red]strawberries[/color]?

Talking Re: What is this server like?

Hey I am lucky them, level 7 so far zero invite to kinships or maybe they dont like me? LOL So far what I can tell pretty nice place, a lot of players helping each other no matter that they are not in the same kinship, i repay anyway I can, so if you see me helping you killing your opponent dont get mad just pay it forward.

well, it does have the best server name out of them all Imladris, aka Rivendell ftw <3
    so yeah, another new player who came to this server, only thanks to its name(so I guess randomly, as in no past information on the server or others for that matter). a F2P player with a severe case of altophobia and perfectionism, so I'm having some troubles early on not doing stupid things and dying prematurely(and destroying the undying until level 20 title), which causes me to restart over and over again for now :S
    so anyway, got a Cappy and Mini for now, still very low levels, and hopefully I won't do any more stupid things and finally get to level 20 without dying on both of them. than slowly advance to the higher levels. both classes seem to be great for teamwork, so I'm looking forward to the later stages when teamwork becomes a bigger part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaxis View Post
    The one problem I do have with this server is the amount of blind kinship invites you get at the lowbie levels. Up until I got into the Breefields I was getting (At the very least) two blind kinship invites a day, but it usually came to about four blind invites a day. If you don't like blind invites the first fifteen levels are going to be a nightmare for you.
    This problem is mentioned a few times in this thread - there is an easy solution. You just go into your options panel and turn off the 'enable kinship requests' option. I think it is in the Social Options menu. You can turn off spar request options and others as well. Makes a trip to Bree much more relaxing...

Size:smallish
    Class variety: needs more burgs/cappies
    trolls: minimal
    raiding: not much pug
    PvMP: Good freep side, bad creep side

Overall its a nice server, you can get to know alot of people and their are alot of good kinships. The top are probably An Unexpected Kinship, Mount Doom Camping Trip and The Carbon Blade, Vala....(sorry forgot name, all i can remember). Those are the only ones i can remember off hand. Hope this help.
    Last edited by alpha1445; Feb 06 2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Jeridz l Rank 9 l Minstrel l Apex l Elendilmir

It's a very small server that has trolls aplenty. But it does have plenty of people who'd be able to help. Like June with the 2g ports.

Quote Originally Posted by themannweb View Post
    It's a very small server that has trolls aplenty. But it does have plenty of people who'd be able to help. Like June with the 2g ports.
    I'm the most helpful bro around, bro.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000006ef4b/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    // Fontaine - 75 Mini // Evagria - 72 LM // Subtle- 54 Burg // Imtoosexyformyskirt - 38 Cappy

Quote Originally Posted by alpha1445 View Post
    Overall its a nice server, you can get to know alot of people and their are alot of good kinships. The top are probably An Unexpected Kinship, Mount Doom Camping Trip and The Carbon Blade, Vala....(sorry forgot name, all i can remember). Those are the only ones i can remember off hand. Hope this help.
    Aww u didn't mention Dragon Knights x( xD We are quite nice to all ppl.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000001093d1/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [SIZE=1][B][COLOR=#800080]Nimdir - Warden/ Grimtor - Burglar / Asasiyun - Rune-Keeper[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Lol I remember the time Imladris was an almost trollfree server, that is no longer true, at least not when you have glff on
    But we're a nice little server, with a good community and at the moment, even decent end-game raiding. There is no doubt this is the smallest server, but I don't thin thats a bad thing, because you get to know the people very well
    And there are also a few good raiding kins (too bad Men of Bree (the kin I'm in) is not), but if you're looking for a nice, relaxed server, come to Imladris!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000042791/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

dead server, i moved to Landroval 2 months ago. A good way to see how active a server is, is by looking at how many thread the server forum has.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    dead server, i moved to Landroval 2 months ago. A good way to see how active a server is, is by looking at how many thread the server forum has.
    Hey HBH, Buttkicker slaps you.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/5/4/5/0/6/5554506FMONy.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Yoohooham View Post
    buh-bye. :wave:

server's not dead. plenty of people around, most of them likely don't view the forums.