We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Exclamation Problems with other kinships

Hello guys.
    I'm...well here i'm named MTminas anyhow i'm a officer of a certain rank 6 kinship in vilya.
    Our kinship consists of now around 700-800 members, recruitment goes very well.

We mainly recruit in bree, but recently we have encountered problems, you see other recruiting kinships have also been recruiting there, and every time we send a recruiting message trew OCC or Regional we get spammed with either their invite messages, or insults directed to our kinship.

Now our kin leader is a person who doesn't leave insults or anything bad said about our kin unanswered.
    He will simply reply with the truth instead of ingoring such childish behavior....
    And it seems that since he replies either on regional or simply by sending a /tell to the person who started the argument that these persons, not as individuals, but i'm talking about leaders of other kinships asking them to report our leader for harrasment.

Now this happened 2 times so our leader had quite a few reports on him, since these problems with the Gm'ses of false reports we moved to other regions to recruit there....
    But it seems that more then 1 kinship is reporting our leader for anything...one of those kinships is a kinship mainly of our Ex-members that for some reason hated the management or simply where begging for money or anything else.

As a result of these events with all the diffrent reports on our leader he a temporary ban of 2 months.

So after reading all this can anyone please tell me what i as an officer sould do? i was present on all these arguments and regarding our leader he didn't break any rules as far as i have seen.
    So any advice for this particular situacion would be welcome.

MT

Re: Problems with other kinships

Sorry to hear of such behaviours. First thing I would say is that recruiting via OOC or Regional is just asking for trouble. You don't know who you're getting into the kin, and predators who drift from kin to kin might jump at the chance to join. I strongly suggest you try to group with potential new kinfolk/people instead, chat with them in tells, get to know them a little bit if possible before recruiting.
    Good luck!

The best advice I can give you is: Do Not Feed the Trolls.

The problem with your post is that there is no such thing as a "false report". I can say from personal experience, GMs do not base actions on "He Said/She Said" situations. It doesn't matter if 50 people submit a report, there has to be something in the chat logs. They base actions on chat logs and Turbine's EULA/terms of service/whatever it is, not on hear-say. It is easy to be dragged outside the EULA when you are upset and trying to deal with Trolls, who do it simply because they enjoy "revving" you up. Remember, the simple act of using profanity (filters or no) in chat is considered against the EULA and if someone reports you for it, GMs can take action.

The best way to deal with a Troll is to simply ignore them. They bait you on purpose. They want your response; that is what makes them happy. Again, as Brooke McEldowney so elegantly put it, "please do not feed the cuisine-challenged bridge substructure symbiants" (Please don't feed the trolls)
    Last edited by RawNemesis; Sep 05 2011 at 08:16 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000005c4d5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool Re: Problems with other kinships

My suggestion to you is ask after you group with them or only if they are asking to join a guild. If you spam people they will spam back. If you just send blind messages you will get hate mail. I know when I start a new toon I see tons of stuff stating to join guilds. It is nice but when people just blind spam you or ask you to join the kingship when you run by without asking is very annoying.

BTW if your guild is that big what is the name of the guild?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001bfdc3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As an ex officer in a kin I can say that I never had that problem when using OOC and regional to try and recruit. Whilst you were witness to one part of an argument you may not have seen what your leader was saying to them in tells or mail. Before taking sides remember that you will only see what the person you are close to wants you to see. As already been stated the GM's only take action based on the evidence they can confirm from chat logs etc so I am sure they have made the correct decision based on the fact. If you dont like something you read in game then just ignore it and move on after all it is only a game

Dinucleiacid

We're fortunate enough that people just ask to be included. We don't advertise; we're just there. The advice would be to not recruit blindly and you'll avoid those issues altogether.
    [B]Magnarr [/B] - Lvl 85 Champion
    Leader, United Races (Vilya server)
    Cofounder and Leader, Vilya Alliance coalition of kinships
    [url]www.UnitedRaces.net[/url] [url]www.VilyaAlliance.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Magnarr View Post
    We're fortunate enough that people just ask to be included. We don't advertise; we're just there. The advice would be to not recruit blindly and you'll avoid those issues altogether.
    Yes we are also fortunate in this regard and we also have enough officers/members that usually grouping happens before recruitment. Although I do advertize occassionally for fun in game when the mood strikes me and we do use the forums alot.

However, I can see how newer kins do not have this advantage. All Kins must start somewhere and usually it is in OOC or Regional chats. It takes time to grow to a size that people know your name and your members. and your policies as community friendly or not.

I would not want to discourage anyone from trying, however this is just one issue in a long line of issues, a kin, its leader and its officer will face. Running a kin is not an easy task especially to see success for long term. It takes dedication and occassionally the ability to set your personal feelings aside and remember your are still playing a game.

I wish good luck to your kin and hope you can sort things out - my advice is to simply try to ignore what people say in chats in the future and move on. If you must reply keep in mind that you should say nothing that would get you in trouble with your mother.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000b8f5f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Vilya ~ Magentica (100)~ Fellannie Cryme (77) ~ Santie CLaws (76) ~ Dimenchia Forgets (66)~ Cylaynna (83) ~Blackforest Riders (65)~ Dandee Lyons (65) ~ Flirtacia Valentine (65) ~Aduck Waddles (27)~Evilmag

Quote Originally Posted by MTminas View Post
    Now our kin leader is a person who doesn't leave insults or anything bad said about our kin unanswered.
    He will simply reply with the truth instead of ingoring such childish behavior....
    And it seems that since he replies either on regional or simply by sending a /tell to the person who started the argument that these persons, not as individuals, but i'm talking about leaders of other kinships asking them to report our leader for harrasment.
    I would urge your leader, when he gets back, to change this policy of not leaving the (trolls) insults unanswered. He is just making it more fun for them to grief him and your kin. Take the high road and ignore the trolls.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=white]Kordred - Champ | Koridian - Hunter | Ainulindir - Minstrel | Korlod - Burgler[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=yellow]I sense a disturbance in the forums, as if millions of grammar teachers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Vilya - Angarain Erain[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

Maybe, its just like real life, the bully wants feed-back. He wants all your anger so he can ''eat'' you.

I suggest that you put them on the ignore list, then, like real life, the bully can't ''feed'' on you. So, there's a way to get rid of them