We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can't install anything

Hi folks,

I play at a high resolution and as a result my toolbars are really, really tiny. I scaled them up with the default option, but they then look terrible. I have been browsing the downloads that people have put up and the various skins, and my question is two-fold.

1) Does anyone know of an addon that realiably, and effectively increases the size of the toolbar to 1920 and upwards resolutions, without degrading the icon quality such as the default scale.

2) How do I install them? I downloaded 4 UI skins today, and followed the instuctions of unzipping and copying the ui folder they unzipped to into my /lordoftherings folder, but they never showed up in my options under the Current User Skin dropdown. Is there a step I missed? Something I'm not seeing?

Thanks. I am so happy to be back to the game, but these niggling interruptions and tiny UI are making my first day pretty rough lol.

Re: Can't install anything

I can't help with questions 1 and 2, but for question 3, the same thing happened to me and I realized I'd installed them in the wrong directory.

Are you sure you're installing them in the LotRO directory that's in your My Documents folder? You don't install UIs in the game program folder -- you gotta go to your My Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online folder, and (if you don't have the folders yet) create a folder called ui, then inside that, create a folder called skins. Inside that, you put the folder containing all your UI stuff.

It will show up then.

Thanks for the reply. Here is how I am installing the addons.

Download, where they end up in downloads folder. Unzip them if needed, although 90% of the time the arrive unzipped. I then go to C drive - program files - Turbine - Lord of the rings online - ui - skins - then copy the downlaoded files here. This seems to be exactly where everything says they should go. Some ui's I download come with a ui / sinks folder, so I just remove the contents and put them in my already existing /skins folder, so it's perfectly linear. I just never see the option to use the downloaded ui in the appropriate ingame menu.

Very odd. I'll keep trying though. My UI is too small to play so no choice lol.

Extract the contents of the zip file to the following location:

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\ The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\

You may have to create the above folders if they do not already exist.

I actually figured it out, I didn't realize there are 2 lord of the rings folders, I was simply putting the downloaded files in the wrong one.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a single UI addon that increases the size of my toolbars, so it looks like I'll have to just scale them up and learn to live with the pixilated, stretched icons. /sigh.

Only option is to scale them up from the in-game menu but that will indeed make them look blurry. There's no other way currently.
    ╔- -- -
    ║■ Author of DaimonUI for The Lord of the Rings ONLINE ■ Lotrointerface.com ■ ðÐ
    ║■ Sürmä öf Föröchël, Chämpiöns öf Läürëlin. Fröm thë kin öf Thë Shädöws ■
    ║■ http://www.moxguild.com/
    ╚- -- -

Thanks. I might be using your UI. It's purrrrrdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    I actually figured it out, I didn't realize there are 2 lord of the rings folders, I was simply putting the downloaded files in the wrong one.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a single UI addon that increases the size of my toolbars, so it looks like I'll have to just scale them up and learn to live with the pixilated, stretched icons. /sigh.

Try the plugin called Baruk. You can have as many bars as you want (you can't assign hotkeys though) and the bars can be as long as you want (want 15 slots on a bar? DONE) and you can scale the size of the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    Glad to help!