We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

While leveling/before RoI, to slot or not

Looking for some advice on slotting relics for my leveling LM. He just turned 58 and so far hasn't slotted anything. I hate to waste relics on something that will get quickly replaced.

And I want to carry this over to when I'm 65, with RoI coming out. Should I even bother to slot anything until RoI is out? I'll be 65 well before then (this weekend at latest). I'll have to replace both LI book and staff almost as soon as RoI comes out. So should I just wait and save what I have so I can work towards something decent?

Slotting Tier 6s seems such a total waste. Even tier 5s. It didn't take me TOO long to get several tier 3s, so I'm considering slotting a few of those when I get a couple decent items.

Opinions? What are you guys doing for relics now?

AW: While leveling/before RoI, to slot or not

Take a look at the new relics, for us tactical classes, they are worse than what we have

I on my RK will for sure try to get my hands on an elder kings symbol and create a Lvl 65 First Age damage satchel (no need for tactical healing rating and for the new relics)

Basicly no T7 relics with morale and offence and nothing comparable to the true gem and rune we have now

Might be similar for LM

Re: While leveling/before RoI, to slot or not

Thanks, it hadn't occurred to me things might be worse.

Still, this isn't exactly the info I was looking for. I don't have any Tier 6s right now. If I get one, should I even bother slotting it in a 65 LI? The LI would be useless in a matter of hours after RoI launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenasp View Post
    ... I don't have any Tier 6s right now. If I get one, should I even bother slotting it in a 65 LI? The LI would be useless in a matter of hours after RoI launch.
    Short answer. NEVER slot a valuable (read T6+) relic unless you will have the the 195 TPs to unslot them prior to destruction!

Note, however, you are significantly more powerful with three relics slotted and a crafted relic inserted. The later will always be lost (but is easy to get). It behooves you to not lose the others. Ignoring the increase necessary to get three ET6 relics, three regular T6 relics represent 2160 T1 relics!

[1xT6 = 3xT5 = 9xT4 = 36xT3 = 144xT2 = 720xT1] x3 = 2160.

Thus, keep those TPs for removal scrolls.

Luinmiriel-Magellin
    Elven Huntress of Lorien
    Honoured Warrior of the White lady
    Defender of Lothlorien
    Last edited by CharlesRollinsWare; Aug 31 2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRollinsWare View Post
    [1xT6 = 3xT5 = 9xT4 = 36xT3 = 144xT2 = 720xT1] x3 = 2160.

Thus, keep those TPs for removal scrolls.
    Thanks very much for this info. That helps me in my decision to not bother slotting good stuff, right now. However, the other thing you said was how much better you get by slotting some... I don't have ANY removal scrolls right now, and I have 8 guys with LIs right now. 8 x 2LIs each (HA, I wish! More like 4 each) x 195TP for each scroll =3120 TP for this.... Not gonna happen. 30-60 real world money for a one time in-game improvement? I'd have to be daft.

This is exactly why I've taken up a policy to basically abandon my high levels before they get bogged down in endless grinding for things that will shortly be replaced.

I did not use any relics getting from level 60 to 65. Landscape content is so easy, the reduction in combat power did not have any noticeable effect on quest completion. I am sure it will the same way for 65 to 75. Use any junk for gear, your character will be fine.

The big issue is the same one I encounter with my friends. How good you are at get the most out of your characters by using all your skills and the use of buffs like food when necessary?
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I did not use any relics getting from level 60 to 65. Landscape content is so easy, the reduction in combat power did not have any noticeable effect on quest completion. I am sure it will the same way for 65 to 75. Use any junk for gear, your character will be fine.
    This, 65->75 soloing is quite simple. You won't need uber relics(or awesome LI's in general) to blow through the content. landsacape solo quests have always been simple, the only time to 'worry' about gearing is when you intend to start doing group content; or soloing 'hard' solo content.

I intend to level to 75 with my current 65 LI - if I find a good 70DPS weapon I'll scroll remove my relics and not slot anything into the new 70. I'll use my current gear and new quest rewards[not going to pay outrageous prices for crafted gear] and will worry about gearing/li's/etc at 75.
    I'm an expert - look at my join date, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrywisdom View Post
    This, 65->75 soloing is quite simple. You won't need uber relics(or awesome LI's in general) to blow through the content. landsacape solo quests have always been simple, the only time to 'worry' about gearing is when you intend to start doing group content; or soloing 'hard' solo content.

I intend to level to 75 with my current 65 LI - if I find a good 70DPS weapon I'll scroll remove my relics and not slot anything into the new 70. I'll use my current gear and new quest rewards[not going to pay outrageous prices for crafted gear] and will worry about gearing/li's/etc at 75.
    I'm in beta now and auto-levelled both my burg and LM to 75. I continue to use all my 65 LIs (and armour and jewellery as well) and have no issue killing quest mobs with my old gear. Wouldn't run a T2 raid like this, but regular mobs still die fast.