We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Visual Guide To Minstrels in Rise of Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    I will miss the old Gift of Hammerhand. I've taken such a huge liking in using it to punish people who insist on sitting in puddles and not potting out removable dots. It was such a fantastic gift of love.
    Oh I really won't, I am a clicker for my buffs and if I'm a little tired or am getting distracted (which I am quite a bit :x) I often misclick(ed) and got the tank out of power, oopsie! (A)
    Loves her puppies forever!
    My Puppielooks! White, Innocent, Cute, Brave, Perfect! *_*

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya View Post
    I will miss the old Gift of Hammerhand. I've taken such a huge liking in using it to punish people who insist on sitting in puddles and not potting out removable dots. It was such a fantastic gift of love.
    I will miss it as well, no better cure for the hunter who just can't seem to understand strength stance is for soloing than a gift of the bubble.

AW: Re: Visual Guide To Minstrels in Rise of Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Belegval View Post
    I will miss it as well, no better cure for the hunter who just can't seem to understand strength stance is for soloing than a gift of the bubble.
    Oh, be careful with this! You can play a hunter in a group even with the strength stance. You only have to know how...

Re: AW: Re: Visual Guide To Minstrels in Rise of Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Farothhen View Post
    Oh, be careful with this! You can play a hunter in a group even with the strength stance. You only have to know how...
    If they're playing correctly, the bubble won't affect their power.
    [B]Baslion[/B][COLOR=red][B]
    Dineanddash[/B][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#800080]
    [/COLOR][/B]

AW: Visual Guide To Minstrels in Rise of Isengard

I misunderstood your post. After reading it a third time...

Perhaps the best written, and most useful, tread I've ever seen. Well earned +1 rep

Re: AW: Re: Visual Guide To Minstrels in Rise of Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Farothhen View Post
    Indeed, I know for a fact the only reason my hunter buddy pulls aggro in Strength when I'm tanking is to screw with me, because he knows what he's doing with it.

New instruments - these are just normal craft recipes right? Given to supreme+/tier 7 woodworkers - no rep required?

My woodworker's level 52 so I'm hoping it's not rep-locked.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    New instruments - these are just normal craft recipes right? Given to supreme+/tier 7 woodworkers - no rep required?

My woodworker's level 52 so I'm hoping it's not rep-locked.
    Unless they've changed it, I'd imagine the Lothlorien instrument recipes will still require reputation and gold leaves + silver branches to obtain.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000c6ef0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachski View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the sound for the Minor/Major/Perfect Ballads like?

Do they have some variables? (Like sometimes they'll play one musical ditty, sometimes another) or are they static?

I kinda hope they're variable, but I'm guessing they won't be.

Either way, I'm kinda excited about the new changes. I wonder what it'll be like to level up a Minstrel from level 1?
    I'm curious about this too. Are they using the same tunes that are on some of the current ballads? I get used to the little melodies that make up my normal rotation (and it reminds me to switch instruments if I've forgotten.) This will probably be one of the first things I try when the update goes live, get out all my instruments and try the new ballads.
    My characters are listed at my [url=http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/User:Elinnea#LOTRO_Characters]lotro-wiki page[/url].

Quote Originally Posted by hillard1959 View Post
    Unless they've changed it, I'd imagine the Lothlorien instrument recipes will still require reputation and gold leaves + silver branches to obtain.
    Oh, these are Loth?

Wait, level 70 Loth recipes? We need to grind an area 15 levels below us?

I'm very confused. I'm reading the thread but I can't find the exact page which gives specifics. I thought I read the recipes were world drops?
    Last edited by Lilka; Sep 07 2011 at 11:54 AM.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Oh, these are Loth?

I'm very confused. I'm reading the thread but I can't find the exact page which gives specifics. I thought I read the recipes were world drops?
    The recipes are world drops.
    [/COLOR][/B]

Hmmm. I've just been through hell and back trying to adjust to healing changes with last WoW expansion (Cataclysm). The headlines for the changes to minstrel sounds horribly like the reasons put forward for the healing changes in WoW: make healers more active, give them more to do, force them make choices etc. The net effect was (until itemisation for raids corrected some of the problems) healers running out of mana and getting blamed for not keeping the party alive (often because dps/tanks were standing in fires etc etc). Loads of stress and pain initially and not at all fun.

I'm not saying LoTRO minstrel changes will turn out the same - but it does sound horribly familiar and will certainly stop me from coming back to play minstrel until the dust is well and truly settled.

Was looking forward to coming back to play RoI, but given that I am unlikely to ever be a "hardcore" LoTRO player again, the steep learning curve to get back into minstrelling will mean I'll be LM to explore the new landscape.

Just curious - were minstrels really complaining healing was too easy/boring before these changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Humblebum View Post
    the steep learning curve to get back into minstrelling will mean I'll be LM to explore the new landscape.
    You have three choices of ballads, six choices of anthems, one coda to end them, and five heals.

This has simplified the system that previously existed. After everyone puts away their undamaged umbrellas when they realize the sky didn't fall, they'll realize it's not a steep learning curve.
    [/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post

Improved Enlivening Grace
    This skill has been updated so that we can revive 5 targets instead of just one. However, I’m unsure if we will be able to revive people outside of our own Fellowships. If we cannot… well, there goes half my time spent in the Ettenmoors right there. Actually it might be nice to tell people begging for a rez that I can’t oblige. This will require further testing.
    Has there been any news on whether this skill rezzes across groups and outside of fellowships/raids? I would think so since currently I am able to rez the poor souls I come across lying in a pool of their own blood , but I am looking for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by ZirasAminstrel View Post
    Has there been any news on whether this skill rezzes across groups and outside of fellowships/raids? I would think so since currently I am able to rez the poor souls I come across lying in a pool of their own blood , but I am looking for clarification.
    It rezzes your target and up to 4 additional people from your raid that are within 120m of that target.

You can still target un-grouped individuals.
    [/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Baslin View Post
    You have three choices of ballads, six choices of anthems, one coda to end them, and five heals.

This has simplified the system that previously existed. After everyone puts away their undamaged umbrellas when they realize the sky didn't fall, they'll realize it's not a steep learning curve.
    I disagree with you here. The new system is NOT simplified. We have only 3 Ballads now, but they are a completely different system of play then we've had before. The Coda is a completely different system of play. The complexity of the class has increased, not decreased.

HOWEVER, I do agree that the sky is not falling. I think it will take about three hours of test playing for a level 65 Minstrel on launch day to start getting a feel for the class again. On log-in it took me about an hour to read through all my traits and skills tooltips and rearrange my quickslots, then a couple of hours soloing to get the hang of the new rotations and figuring out and remembering what the Coda does when used under the various Anthem modifiers. Then, my first healing experience under the new system was a steep learning curve, too, especially trying to be something other than a Bolster-bot.

But I think everyone should go ahead and give it a try before they wash their hands of the class. It really is quite fun to use the new system after awhile.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

I hope that someone has done extensive testing on the changes in the Ettenmoors. Please chime in and tell me we are not going to be even weaker in the Moors as healers than we already are. I'm already dreading tanking 20 greenie reavers let alone with weakened escape skills and power regen problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudie-wan View Post
    I disagree with you here. The new system is NOT simplified. We have only 3 Ballads now, but they are a completely different system of play then we've had before. The Coda is a completely different system of play. The complexity of the class has increased, not decreased.

HOWEVER, I do agree that the sky is not falling. I think it will take about three hours of test playing for a level 65 Minstrel on launch day to start getting a feel for the class again. On log-in it took me about an hour to read through all my traits and skills tooltips and rearrange my quickslots, then a couple of hours soloing to get the hang of the new rotations and figuring out and remembering what the Coda does when used under the various Anthem modifiers. Then, my first healing experience under the new system was a steep learning curve, too, especially trying to be something other than a Bolster-bot.

But I think everyone should go ahead and give it a try before they wash their hands of the class. It really is quite fun to use the new system after awhile.
    Simplified was a bad word choice.

Streamlined is more appropriate.
    [/COLOR][/B]

Oh, these are Loth?

Supreme Tier instrument recipes are found in Lothlorien. The next tier will be world drops from what I understand (and has been mentioned earlier).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000c6ef0/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

An excellent guide, but I have to ask: What in blazes was wrong with the class before? I've been here since the beginning, and they just keep screwing up the Minstrel.

Well, I've had it. I'm sick of it. I'm done. I'm tired of getting yanked around over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post
    An excellent guide, but I have to ask: What in blazes was wrong with the class before? I've been here since the beginning, and they just keep screwing up the Minstrel.

Well, I've had it. I'm sick of it. I'm done. I'm tired of getting yanked around over and over and over.
    I've played the changes. Its not that complicated and to be honest, IMO, its MORE fun. The class has become slightly more complicated while at the same time become even more "OP". Once everyone is familiar with how the new system works, bubbles, slows, etc I honesty think most will prefer it over the old system.

Stacked HoTs while bubbled and kiting a slowed/feared/stunned mob is going to make PvE a joke while at the same time making creeps cry rivers of tears...

With the new system, you spend a lot less time casting skills that don't actually heal anybody (ballads), and instead concentrate on actual healing. Coda's are situational/optional, so unless you are casting those, you can just cast your healing ballad three times and spend the rest of combat with healing and the occasional anthem. You don't have to bother with Ballad Tiers, it doesn't matter if your Ballad is resisted or not, you don't have to work around 10 second cooldowns -- just cast your healing ballad three times and start healing.

Some players will prefer smaller heals keeping folks topped off rather then big heals -- so for them, they will cast the power-saving ballad three times and get on with the business of healing. They might also take this approach if they traited a higher crit rate for heals since more frequent heals with a lower power cost could be quite effective with a high crit rate. You can mix and match if you want -- slightly reduce your heals for more power savings or vice versa. In this respect, the expansion will be a bit more complicated then on Live since you will now have a choice between larger more expensive heals, or cheaper smaller heals.

And what about us Warrior Skalds? I've spent a small fortune getting medium armour, and perfecting my combat style so I can enjoy the character.

They keep pulling the rug out from under me, and I'm sick and tired of it. If I wasn't a lifetimer, I'd quit. I've become so disillusioned and frustrated with the direction this game has taken over the last year or two that I can hardly stand to start the game up. I feel betrayed.

And this is coming from someone who sang the praises of the game up and down and every which way to all my friends. I've stopped singing. Now, I just feel like crying.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. If everything we've read holds water, Warrior-Skald minstrels will be more powerful than ever before. And we'll be able to heal ourselves in War-Speech again, just like we used to.

Let's give the changes a try before we decide anything.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast