We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Re: New Dwarrowdelf Raid/Instance Progression

There's posts on other server forums of people with their 75 FAs.

Anyway, I thought there wasn't supposed to be any kin bashing in this thread? Why can't we all just get along? :[
    Aellor - 95 mini |Aelran - 93 burg|Aellea - 95 capt|Aelnor - 95 guard|Aeldorf - 69 champ
    Also Aellora, Aelbert, Aelson, Aelriel, Aelorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibengotbanned View Post
    Vid, I didn't get the wrong impression from your post, you are right that's an exploit and you just said that. But a Ainur member(not gonna say who) came to me saying: ROFL, your noobs, you exploited, now the whole server is laughing at you lolololol. Then I'm just saying here it's not cool and if you wanna lol at us like that guy, try to do better than the guys who have beaten that. Btw, congratz to Nimdol for the 1st FA 75 on the server.
    I apologize on my kins behalf then :/ Honestly, maybe this was Turbine's way of discreetly saying "sorry we did a horrible job with all ROI content, have a glitch that actually helps you now" Haha, jk.
    [IMG]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8961/wewq.png[/IMG]

Looks like you guys have some...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    First Marshal Aenise - Level 105 Burglar
    Zepph - 105 Hunter
    R.I.P. Dwarrowdelf. Currently on Landroval
    Check out my PvMP videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZV...fuVom6u7V9nDtw

Ainur completed Tower of Orthanc Lightning Wing Tier 2 with Challenge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rhippal; Jan 22 2012 at 02:43 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000007dfe/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Helegrod and The Rift run for Massive Dynamics (Yes i know were a bit behind Just started Kin raidings)

Draigoch Tier 2 (Kin Pug) (Patriotpea's Dynamic Pug)

Last edited by Fulksayyan; Jan 22 2012 at 04:02 PM.
    [RIGHT]Founder & Leader Massive Dynamics 2011 - 2013
    Founder & Leader Global Dynamics 2012 - current
    Co Founder We Eat Your Babies 2012
    Fulksayyan - Haggenrat - Harksayyan - Canthrondell[/RIGHT]

I support following the same conventions as the past two cross-server progression threads(Tower of Orthanc, Ost Dunhoth(link is to later post since OP lost it at one point)). That is to differentiate between T1/T2/T2C/6-man but not to track server first's specifically since it's a fairly arbitrary distinction(as kins aren't really sharing info, when you clear it seems to be a function of when you started, competence permitting of course).

While I'm happy for those who got 75 FAs as well, the convention for this raid is to not track exploited Saruman kills(note no kins on any server are listed under Saruman), so I'd remove that for now pending a five phase clear. I have nothing against BR and wish them continued success in their raiding endeavors, but exploit kills are not a sign of progression since progression entails completion of the fight as was intended. I think the fact all the other wings were skipped to clear the hardest fight in the game instead is evidence enough of how it was achieved.

I would however support a distinction between on-level and legacy clears since we seem to be tracking raids older than the current primary raid. Clearing OD at 65 for example is monumentally different than clearing it at 75.
    Last edited by Jacbo; Jan 22 2012 at 08:05 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000001d717/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [url=http://valorguild.org]Join the Valor (form. Ainur) Cross-Gaming Community![/url]

The Crimson Brotherhood raid group completed every wing of Orthanc T1 except the old man himself this weekend. It was not all kin, and I sadly cannot remember all of the names at this time, but they know who they are, and they know we appreciated the help.
    Also, I agree with Jacbo on most of his points. This thread needs to either be free of expoited wins or have them in a separate category, and on-level raids should be documented as such. While the mechanics can still easily wipe groups in many cases, the combat itself is trivial, greatly reducing the difficulty.
    I would also like to suggest that Orthanc T1 acid wing clears be separated by those that happened before the 5.1 patch and those that happened after. The boss fight is now significantly harder than it was before the patch. (still not really that hard, but a lot less room for error or lag, since the rising acid is now WaI)
    And last but not least, you misspelled our kin's name in the draigoch and ToO lists...it is Crimson, not Crimsom
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aada9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Congratz to all the kins that are mentioned in this thread
    you all have done well in my opinion

I wish one day I can get my kin more active and get some raids going but... I am currently to lazy to recruit xD even though I Only Rambo is a sort of lulzy kin name with which i doubt people would join because of it, oh well though
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by jaridweese View Post
    I would also like to suggest that Orthanc T1 acid wing clears be separated by those that happened before the 5.1 patch and those that happened after.
    I don't think this is necessary, since even with the changes the fight is so pathetically easy that everyone who got it can easily repeat it if they get the same group (most probably have already). Also with or without changes the fight is also a lot easier than the trash, which did not change, so everyone who can get through Acid trash will have no problem with the boss.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216010000090b70/signature.png]Turbeinpointz[/charsig]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." ~ Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by Pickletongue View Post

-Balrog Riders - Full Clear (Server's first)

Why is this called out above all the other raid stuff? Should just be like other raids and noted as cleared. Or else please annotate all other raids with who did it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacbo View Post
    While I'm happy for those who got 75 FAs as well, the convention for this raid is to not track exploited Saruman kills(note no kins on any server are listed under Saruman), so I'd remove that for now pending a five phase clear.

I would however support a distinction between on-level and legacy clears since we seem to be tracking raids older than the current primary raid. Clearing OD at 65 for example is monumentally different than clearing it at 75.
    And Banoon, I think you need to start providing a list of every player that participated; those that dropped half way through and those that completed it to the end.

You also need to provide a time and date of the raid; especially the time finished.

I think it also prudent to include what armour each was wearing and what sort of weapons: i.e. Type of weapon, what the crafter had named the weapon and also whether they were first, second, or third ages.

If players were wearing cosmetics you should also add in what they were wearing.

There is also a thread somewhere in the forums about what food people like to eat while they're playing. Do some investigating son and if you can locate what they like, include that as well please.

Mother's maiden names would be great.

ALTERNATIVELY

Just keep on doing what you're doing mate - Kin/PUG completes a raid, grats, whack their name here and move along.

Good on ya Banoon! great job with this thread,

Those that want to start changing things up and pretending to have some authority around here, pull ya heads in and start up your own thread or hop in your WHAAAAAMBULANCE and head back to your galaxy far far away

Zub

Those that want to start changing things up and pretending to have some authority around here, pull ya heads in and start up your own thread or hop in your WHAAAAAMBULANCE and head back to your galaxy far far away.

You're allowed to have an opinion zub, but this clearly goes beyond opinion into personal attack. Enough is enough, no more derailing the thread with e-peen this and e-peen that. If people want to throw out suggestions/opinions that's fine.

First of all, congratulations to all the kins that have beat raids recently.

To Marvi and The Crimson Brotherhood I apologize for the spelling mistake.

Also i have notice that this thread has made more people unhappy... this is not the main reason I created this thread... I apologize to everyone that is unhappy with this thread.

If my apologies is not enough those unhappy individual please open a new thread of your own by just clicking this respective link
    http://forums.lotro.com/newthread.ph...ewthread&f=516

kthxbai
    Banoon LM
    Here WL (my r5 ranking blow is a DG quest muahahaha)

Banoon you owe noone an apoligie . If anything they owe you one for turning your thread that suppose to be about the WORLD OF DWARRODWELF into self Epeens And who is better then who. < I have the biggest ego on dwarro but in no sort of way would I ever QQ at someone who is running a thread Yes we can debate on it im not saying not to. What im saying is have some respect and self gratitude anyway's Guido out dueces
    ( R13 LM Savvii Arkenstone )( R13 Defiler Ghankstar Landroval )

Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light - Bruce Lee

Agreed. You are doing great with this thread, and you should not feel the need to apologize for anything. Just keep up the good work.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000aada9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGGUIDO View Post
    < I have the biggest ego on dwarro

Why did you come back, I was making a stab at that title
    [RIGHT]Founder & Leader Massive Dynamics 2011 - 2013
    Founder & Leader Global Dynamics 2012 - current
    Co Founder We Eat Your Babies 2012
    Fulksayyan - Haggenrat - Harksayyan - Canthrondell[/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by Viduo View Post
    If people want to throw out suggestions/opinions that's fine.
    Well seeing as though this thread was started in September 2011,,,,,yeah about 5 months ago,, I think the ship has sailed on people now starting to throw out suggestions on how to change it to make their kin look better. As said by me and a bunch of others, Banoon has been doing a fine job on keeping track and keeping this updated.

But honestly Vid, I don't want to start a blue with another of the Ainurses,,,Hell! Banoon is in your kin, i'm surprised Jac or Zid needed to bring it to the forums seeing as though they could of mentioned/demanded it to Banoon in vent. You tell me who wants to start up the QQ or show how massively ginourmous their e-peen is.

No doubt when Jac gets himself a new thesaurus (surely wore out the last one by now) he'll throw in a 5000 word essay in response to this (if not already on his 16th draft) that we'll all stop reading after about the first 3 lines.

Trolololol,

Zub
    Last edited by ZiggyWiggy; Jan 24 2012 at 05:29 PM.

How about we just delete this thread all together since people can't act like grown-ups. In fact, lets just get rid of the forums. Orrrrrrrr we could act with some civility like many others have managed to do.

How about we just delete this thread all together since people can't act like grown-ups. In fact, lets just get rid of the forums. Orrrrrrrr we could act with some civility like many others have managed to do.
    I agree Vid. If people spent as much time learning their classes, grinding deeds/virtues, and obtaining proper gear as they did using micrometers to measure their e-peens (It's okay if you don't know what that is everyone. I realize some of you lack the intelligence to complete high school. Or, at least you demonstrate you do by how you play a very simple MMO), then Dwarrowdelf might actually be a semi-respectable server. Get back to the game, stop complaining and let Banoon run his forum how he wants.

PS: If an unnamed person personally attacks Jacbo again, I swear to Gandalf I will use every ounce of my Warden powers (while I realize is not much) to make your in-game experience a living Mordor.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000681d0/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

How about we just delete this thread
    I couldn't find the delete or close thread button.... i would've closed it long ago if i can....
    Banoon LM

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyWiggy View Post
    But honestly Vid, I don't want to start a blue with another of the Ainurses,,,Hell! Banoon is in your kin, i'm surprised Jac or Zid needed to bring it to the forums seeing as though they could of mentioned/demanded it to Banoon in vent. You tell me who wants to start up the QQ or show how massively ginourmous their e-peen is.
    Because Jac and Zid aren't so arrogant as to try and shanghai this thread from Banoon just because he's in our kin. The only things they posted were suggestions, and the only QQ I see is from you. If you have something constructive to post or report on, do it; otherwise, leave Banoon to his thread. He's been doing a great job.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000cbe74/signature.png]Porken[/charsig]
    Borken - Dwarrowdelf
    Alphbork - Firefoot
    Pineapplejuice - E

Don't let a couple of trolls dishearten you, Banoon. I realize that I do not know what goes on in Viduo's head, that part of his post seemed like sarcasm, taken in context with the last part.

The point behind threads like these is to give a gauge if the progress made by the various kins (and groups) on the server toward successful completion of the end-game raids. I think that it needs to be more than an e-peen thread, and agree wholeheartedly that things like server firsts aren't important. That can be done by whichever raid group has the largest number of members without a life. The important part of a thread like this, for me at least, is that it gives the recognition due to those who have completed what is by far the hardest content in the game, and maybe to those who have slightly less free time, or a kin that is not as raid-ready as needed for the truly epic stuff, when they complete the easier version of the raids.

As to the server first issue, first off: WHO CARES!

Second: the argument seems to be between Ainur and Balrog Riders about the Saruman T1 fight in ToO, both of whom have very skilled raid groups, and based on earlier posts in this thread, were very close together up to the fight with Saruman. Both would most likely have beaten it at very close to the same time, certainly the same day. Considering that BR annouced the victory the next weekend, I have no doubt that the Ainur group would have done the same, if not for the bugs reported in the RK forums, twice (2 days apart) at the following links:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ing-on-Saruman (posted 2 days after BR's announcement, by Viduo)

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...463-Frozen-RKs

I have experienced this bug 6 times now (most recently in the lightning wing of ToO T1, but also in other random places, if asked, I will happily explain more, but not here), I know exactly how annoying that bug can be, though could not imagine how bad it would be during that fight. I can't know for sure, but I would imagine this would be a serious, uncontrollable set-back. So serious, in fact that they were forced to actually recruit at least one mini that I know of, and likely got more, because there doesn't seem to be any way around the lack of care (if not outright hate) that the devs seem to have for healing RKs right now, since that bug affects one of our key skills, and it still has not been fixed afaik (unlike the mini coda bug, which they thought deserved more attention for reasons that completely escape me).

Third: Server firsts are, as I said earlier, gauges of nothing more than which kin has the largest number of unemployed members who have no real life. Just because my kin/raid-group is behind a bit on progression through the raid compared to others, there was still a great sense of accomplishment felt by everyone involved in our first (and successful) run at the shadow boss, and we will likely feel the same pride when we finally bring down the old man.

And, as a last point, to add a further perspective, I would like to point out that both Ainur and BR were and still are currently behind many other groups on the raid at T2, and were very likely behind on T1 as well.

Please, continue maintaining this thread, however you want it to be run. If you see a suggestion that you think would be a good thing, use it. If you do not like a suggestion that is put forth, don't use it, though some explanation as to why you disagree might be fair, so as to allow for an open discussion about it. Most importantly, YOU started this thread, there is no reason to let a few elitist trolls discourage you (I am referring to the trollish posts made by both sides of this argument, not so much the ones that were actually useful for the purposes of this thread).

Let's keep this a friendly, congratulatory thread, and not a flame war, and especially let's not emotionally torture someone who was just trying to help people get the recognition they deserve, and who is (from what I've seen at least) not only a good lore-master, but also, at worst, a decent person (even if those emote spam sessions in Galtrev can get annoying).

Barry Bonds has a * next to his name in all the record books, not because he wasn't a good player or because it takes no skill to hit 73 home runs in a season and 10x that amount in a career, but because according to the rules of baseball, he cheated. It's not fair to compare his achievements to those of the players before and after him who were clean.

According to the rules of Turbine, exploits = cheating. This isn't a matter of one kin vs. another, or e-peen, or server firsts, it's primarily an issue of journalistic integrity, and as such, BR's Saruman T2 should be noted with an *. Not to take anything away from their skill or accomplishments, but to provide fair and honest data to anyone who might be reading.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTROOO View Post
    Barry Bonds has a * next to his name in all the record books, not because he wasn't a good player or because it takes no skill to hit 73 home runs in a season and 10x that amount in a career, but because according to the rules of baseball, he cheated. It's not fair to compare his achievements to those of the players before and after him who were clean.

According to the rules of Turbine, exploits = cheating. This isn't a matter of one kin vs. another, or e-peen, or server firsts, it's primarily an issue of journalistic integrity, and as such, BR's Saruman T2 should be noted with an *. Not to take anything away from their skill or accomplishments, but to provide fair and honest data to anyone who might be reading.
    are you some r0 creep from riddermark trying to troll a ...... oh wait nvm
    ;p
    Banoon LM

"Let's keep this a friendly, congratulatory thread, and not a flame war, and especially let's not emotionally torture someone who was just trying to help people get the recognition they deserve, and who is (from what I've seen at least) not only a good lore-master, but also, at worst, a decent person (even if those emote spam sessions in Galtrev can get annoying)." -Marvi

^^
    This. It's a SERVER progression thread. We should WANT as many kins as possible clearing this stuff, thereby putting our tiny little Dwarrowdelf on the map. When players from other servers are looking at Dwarrow they aren't looking for server 1st's. Go check out the game wide progression thread and see how many other kins have cleared EVERYTHING but Saruman T2.

So in conclusion, my hat is off to any and all you guys/girls that are out clearing content and also......meow.

Edit- For those who aren't sure where to look, this is the all inclusive Progression Thread.
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ression-Thread
    Last edited by Viduo; Jan 24 2012 at 11:33 PM.

hehe, I love end game kins. Whole bunch of Highschoolers bickering over useless sheninagans, it sure adds extra entertainment to the game
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast