We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Should I bother on a new LI?

I currently have a 2ed age lvl 60 Champions sword, and I was wondering if it was worth it to start a new one or if I should just wait until ROI.

I'm pretty happy with what I have for now, so I'm good for a while...

But If I should get a new weapon, I don't really know where to go to get a better one.

Any advice?

Re: Should I bother on a new LI?

Wait for ROI, when Mirkwood came in the lvl65 third agers did significantly more damage. So the lvl75 thirds agers will do more damage than your current second ager.

As some point you will have to decon your second ager and will lose some experience so you might as well only do it once and put what you get straight onto your shiny new Isengard blade...

okay, that's sorta what I was thinking about doing...Ive just been leveling up items with legacies I like for de-con later on to hopefully give myself a good start...I'll keep up with that plan I think...

I suggest you get a 3rd age lvl 65 for the time being until ROI launch. Significant more damage and take you very short time to get to maxlevel unlike a new 2nd ager. 1 month to expansion is not a valid excuse to be inefficent on dps and run around with a lvl 60 2nd ager
    71.8 dps >>>> 59.9. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    I suggest you get a 3rd age lvl 65
    Do you know the best place to pick one up? Like from the Grey Company vendors in Enedwaith, or is there better?

frankly once 65 just run 8 or so skirms at lvl 65 and you should have the 5 3m and 1.2k SM you need to make a 65 SA. 65 SA's are easy to get so it only makes sense to have one in my opinion. I plan to use SA's and change every 5 levels if I can . The reason is relics it takes a while to make t6 relics and I dont want to waste the tp getting extraction scrolls. I figure 5 levels is enough time to get 3 more t6's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    frankly once 65 just run 8 or so skirms at lvl 65 and you should have the 5 3m and 1.2k SM you need to make a 65 SA. 65 SA's are easy to get so it only makes sense to have one in my opinion. I plan to use SA's and change every 5 levels if I can . The reason is relics it takes a while to make t6 relics and I dont want to waste the tp getting extraction scrolls. I figure 5 levels is enough time to get 3 more t6's ready.
    There is no level 70 crafted LI's.

ouch hope my 65 sa has enough dps to get me to 75 or they add them if there is another beta build. its gonna suck to have to change to a TA and t4 relics or whatever I am able to make quickly.

There is massive increase in DPS for our legendary weapons in Isengard. A level 75 weapon does twice the damage of level 65. Somewhere around 140 DPS. It looks like level 75 characters will be doing somewhere between 2.5 and 4.0 times the damage output of a current level 65 character. No clue as to what kind of mitigation our opponents will have. I've only seen the screen shots of weapon DPS, melee offense, total might or agility. No floating damage or combat logs to see what happens you put all the pieces together.

I was hoping to get to level 75 with my level 65 second ages. Looking at raw numbers. I doubt that my plan is going to survive contact with Isengard
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Aug 30 2011 at 04:47 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicetra View Post
    Do you know the best place to pick one up? Like from the Grey Company vendors in Enedwaith, or is there better?
    Drop, AH.. just kill lvl 65 humanoids. enedwaith, last part of mirkwood. GC barter also work.
    Its a full month to expac and better LIs and you gotta use your lvl 65 3rd ager at least out level 65 before you can consider a upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by gelleg View Post
    ouch hope my 65 sa has enough dps to get me to 75 or they add them if there is another beta build. its gonna suck to have to change to a TA and t4 relics or whatever I am able to make quickly.
    c'est la vie.. yea, it sucks for sentimental reasons, but its more efficent. My 1st age lvl 65 will likely be outgunned by a level 68 3rd ager

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    There is massive increase in DPS for our legendary weapons in Isengard. A level 75 weapon does twice the damage of level 65. Somewhere around 140 DPS. It looks like level 75 characters will be doing somewhere between 2.5 and 4.0 times the damage output of a current level 65 character. No clue as to what kind of mitigation our opponents will have. I've only seen the screen shots of weapon DPS, melee offense, total might or agility. No floating damage or combat logs to see what happens you put all the pieces together.

I was hoping to get to level 75 with my level 65 second ages. Looking at raw numbers. I doubt that my plan is going to survive contact with Isengard
    Slight mudflation happening in ROI it seems. Id like some numbers from the betabuild's lvl 65 LI too, if they are increased as well. If the increased dps is linear from 66 - 75 even a lvl 66 item will outdps any lvl 65 weapon by pure dps rank alone with no legacies ranked (+7 dps /lvl if so).

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeleg View Post
    Slight mudflation happening in ROI it seems. Id like some numbers from the betabuild's lvl 65 LI too, if they are increased as well. If the increased dps is linear from 66 - 75 even a lvl 66 item will outdps any lvl 65 weapon by pure dps rank alone with no legacies ranked (+7 dps /lvl if so).
    I have not seen a table of weapon dps for 66-75. 7 dps a level it is what it works out to be on average. You characters bonuses will go up too. I think my Hunter have 25% Ranged damage bonus. Level 75 characters seem to be able to achieve 100%. You are looking 7% damage bonus for your character per level to go with the 7 DPS in raw damage.

Character raw output damage is going to be really high at level 75. 2.5 - 4 times what a 65 does. No idea what the received damage after all bonuses and penalties will be on a level 75 target.

Classes like Hunters better be real careful in group content unless Turbine worked really hard on the tank classes threat skills. I suspect the best tanks will be Champions because they will have the aggro. They have heavy armor. Champions can dish it out.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Aug 31 2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

The only reason you would need to work on getting a better LI before RoI is if you are raiding and still progressing through the current raid. If not, there's not point in wasting effort on a weapon that will be obsolete soon just so you can do easier content a little easier. In short, if you're raiding, yes, if you're not, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathain.o. View Post
    The only reason you would need to work on getting a better LI before RoI is if you are raiding and still progressing through the current raid. If not, there's not point in wasting effort on a weapon that will be obsolete soon just so you can do easier content a little easier. In short, if you're raiding, yes, if you're not, no.
    hah, thank you. I think this is more or less what I was looking for.