We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Feminine Curve to the Steel

Hello. This quest is supposed to start when you click this axe on the ground. I see the ring on my map for the quest. As I type this, my mouse is hovering over the axe on the ground. However, it is not clickable. I looked in the lorebook and I saw no prerequisite quests. I am of the appropriate level. Am I missing something. Is this a bug? Thanks all for the help.

Re: A Feminine Curve to the Steel

If I am remembering correctly, it's the one wayyyy in the remote regions of Nud-Melek, by the Gredbyg (centipede look-alikes). If that's the one, then I don't believe it's bugged, it's just in a very hard position to click.
    When I did it, it took about 30s of moving inches forward and back to get in JUST the right position to be able to click it... annoyed me exceedingly.

So gl I hope you get it without too much wasted time.
    Morphen- Hunter
    Morpheth- Rank 6 Spider
    Kinship- "Tolkien's Legacy" on Vilya

You can use 'delete' to select the nearest item, then 'u' to use the item. It's a very useful key combination to know!
    A Vote for Sapience is still a vote for progress!

Or turn on the display of names, and click on the items name instead of on the graphic (which may be blocked somehow by surroundings).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000002088b1/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

use the following sequence
    delete to select
    /follow to get you close enough and face the axe
    U to use the item.

You will find this kind of combination works well in many situations. For example, F10 to select nearest NPC which includes corpses, /follow, U to loot a corpse lost in a bush.

F10 to select the NPC a person is standing on. U to use the NPC.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks for these suggestions but none of these things work. I have used the "del + U" trick a lot for quests but it doesn't work for ths one. I hit delete but the item is never selected. It is no big deal and I just skipped the quest. I guess I will submit a bug report. It is just strange because I have don e this quest before on other toons.

Quote Originally Posted by KunkLord View Post
    Thanks for these suggestions but none of these things work. I have used the "del + U" trick a lot for quests but it doesn't work for ths one. I hit delete but the item is never selected. It is no big deal and I just skipped the quest. I guess I will submit a bug report. It is just strange because I have don e this quest before on other toons.
    You can try pressing F10. This will select the nearest NPC (dismiss pets). Sometimes items on the ground are NPCs instead of Items (where you would normally press DEL to target it).

Thumbs up Re: A Feminine Curve to the Steel

Quote Originally Posted by deeman25845601 View Post
    You can try pressing F10. This will select the nearest NPC (dismiss pets). Sometimes items on the ground are NPCs instead of Items (where you would normally press DEL to target it).
    Thanks! This worked.

When trying Del-U you target the Shadow Map nearby. Mouse-clicking the item or the name doesn't work. It seems only the F10 to target actually works.