We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Now that the RoI NDA is lifted....

No way of loading plugins automatically either? Sure, its easy to do manually with a plugin manager and an alias but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Woffen View Post
    No way of loading plugins automatically either? Sure, its easy to do manually with a plugin manager and an alias but still.
    I so want automatic loading. I don't see why Turbine doesn't just add code to automatically call the existing and widely used manager plugin by Shady. Worse case, we have to move it into a different folder. If a better method becomes available later, the existing manager can easily be replaced.

Turbine, please ignore the NIH and do the right thing!

It should be very easy for them to allow automatic loading.

Maybe they just don't want to do it because they still feel the LUA API is in "beta".
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    It should be very easy for them to allow automatic loading.

Maybe they just don't want to do it because they still feel the LUA API is in "beta".
    Possibly afraid of someone (theoretically) making a LotRO bot via lua?

I don't see how you can do that though (unless you have something that's whipsering you ;loc to navigate). There might be enough info with the new API additions to allow that to occur. I would suspect that you'd also need a logitech keyboard, or some other external app that can simulate keystrokes.
    Last edited by Almagnus1; Sep 02 2011 at 02:56 AM.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Possibly afraid of someone (theoretically) making a LotRO bot via lua?

I don't see how you can do that though (unless you have something that's whipsering you ;loc to navigate). There might be enough info with the new API additions to allow that to occur. I would suspect that you'd also need a logitech keyboard, or some other external app that can simulate keystrokes.
    If you really wanted, you could certainly write more advanced bots by using info obtained from a LUA plugin.

I'm not sure how automatic loading changes that though.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Really, the only reason why I'm so against it - I don't want to deal with the abuses of plugins (as we've seen in WoW) here in LotRO. Especially since I like to occasionally PUG something.

As far as being annon.... I'm generally not nowadays....

Could be to allow us to make a custom Character panel.
    A custom Character panel would be pretty useless unless there is click targeting or programmatic targeting. Will these be available? It would be so nice to be able to click on a character frame and toss them a heal.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldrake View Post
    A custom Character panel would be pretty useless unless there is click targeting or programmatic targeting. Will these be available? It would be so nice to be able to click on a character frame and toss them a heal.
    It would be nice, but not possible afaik.

Maybe you could achieve that effect by overlaying a custom panel over the standard panel(s) (and then just completely ignoring mouse events in your overlay). But that would require the user to manually size & place the custom panel in the correct position, which would be pretty aweful.

I'm thinking of possibly making a custom panel that sits behind/beside/underneath the current panel providing additional information (eg: rate at which damage is being taken/important defensive buffs that are active). It will still have to be manually scaled/positioned though; its all pretty hacky until they let us actually directly select people, so I'm not sure if I'll get around to it.
    Last edited by Evendale; Sep 18 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    When the beta becomes open I'll certainly take a look at it. Although I will make sure that the current version of Palantir will work correctly for RoI, I should mention that Palantir v2 will no longer support the "click to cure" feature.

Due to numerous requests to support additional items (like morale/power pots/skills) and the inherent sloppiness of using custom inventory/cooldown handling, I feel it's better to just go with a separate plugin for that purpose.
    I assure you that the current version of Palantir works perfectly in RoI, save for the inventory issues (Clicking on a potion causes a client crash when the bars are set to Curable Support) and possibly some display issues with new or changed effects (didn't notice any problems).

I personally like the fact that Palantir has usually worked even when my other plugins are broken, so I hope you don't add TOO much to v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    From these month-old patch notes, it seems as if they are allowing access to the chat & your group via LUA. Someone who is in the beta will have to confirm if they actually made it though.
    Exposed an event for receiving chat messages in lua. Added chat type definitions for chat filtering.
    Added a few new classes to Lua for players to be able to inspect equipment.
    1. Turbine.Gameplay.Equipment is functionally the same as the Backpack only the indices refer to specific inventory slots defined by the Turbine.Gameplay.EquipmentSlot enumeration.
    2. Turbine.UI.Lotro.EquipmentSlot is a UI element that can be used to equip or unequip items and works exactly like the equipment slot in the character panel.
    3. Local player now has a GetParty method for getting the player's party. This exposes the ability to enumeration the players in a party and get information about them as well as vitals and effects on them

Will #'s 1 & 2 finally give us the ability to write plugins that will be similar to the WoW Outfitter addon that will let us create equipment "groups" that we will be able to switch between with the click of a button? What a boon that would be for players with characters that regularly fill multiple roles in group play.

*crosses fingers and hopes that some kindly plugin author will take the hint and write one*

And does #3 include an entire raid or just the players group?

Oh, and while on the subject of raids, does anyone know if they have finally added the ability to assign keys to raid members like they have for the characters party (i.e. F1 selects party member 1 and F2 party member 2 etc.)?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

*crosses fingers and hopes that some kindly plugin author will take the hint and write one*
    It seems likely... though I guess you'll have to keep waiting if the author has to be "kindly" Mwhahahahahahahahahahahhaha

*goes back to puttering with "secret project x" *

From the Patch notes:

"There is now a function (RegisterForClickHandling) to register a given Lua element for entity-specific mouse-handling (e.g.-if you right-click on someone’s vitals after registering it with this function, it will show the appropriate right-click menu from the standard UI and if you left-click those vitals, it will target them)."

That's pretty sweet. First I've heard of this! I wonder what other kinds of clicks can be registered for.

That's gonna be pretty awesome. Cant wait to see what you all can create with this new stuff.
    Last edited by lacrossman930; Sep 26 2011 at 05:47 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06208000000189611/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="aqua"]Confectrix: Destroyer, or that which destroys[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Firedotz ~~ Umadbrah --- Elendilmir Creeps --- Crowdcontroll ~~ Ilurkz[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="lime"]Previously known as Nitefall[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by RvLesh View Post
    I assure you that the current version of Palantir works perfectly in RoI, save for the inventory issues (Clicking on a potion causes a client crash when the bars are set to Curable Support) and possibly some display issues with new or changed effects (didn't notice any problems).

I personally like the fact that Palantir has usually worked even when my other plugins are broken, so I hope you don't add TOO much to v2.
    To be honest, my main goal for v2 is threefold. First, it's to actually increase the stability and manageability of the plugin - by both implementing proper object-oriented code, and separating UI design from the code itself, via an XML Layout class I'm working on.

Second, I want to basically throw in the kitchen sink when it comes to options, while making it easier to apply those options to multiple bars. So yeah, the options panel will be getting a major overhaul - switching the focus from just the two current categories (text, color), to using those two categories (and at least one more) for each bar type via a left-hand list of bar types, and a tabbed window for these categories for each bar.

Finally, v2 will be focused on the future - instead of just what's currently possible. For this reason the aforementioned bar list will include bar types that aren't possible - yet. Until they are possible, they will be disabled - but it will "ship" already with the framework to handle those bar types - to make responding to API updates as quick as possible. For instance, let's say two months down the road, they add API that supports target health. As Palantir will already have that bar type (albeit disabled) - all I would need to do is add a line or two of code (to match the specific API method), enable the bar type, and release an update.

Now that I got people excited, the bad news is that I'm unsure of a release date at this point. However, until that time comes, Palantir v1 will continue to be maintained with updates/fixes as the situation warrants it. At this point, there will be at least one more coming - which will fix the curable support crash-to-desktop issue, as well as provide a button that will work with the new RegisterForClickHandling method to support player portrait vitals clicking - for those who choose to hide the vitals. This button will only appear if the vitals are hidden, directly above the debuff bar. This update will be released shortly after a solution for the curable bar bug is found.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    To be honest, my main goal for v2 is threefold. First, it's to actually increase the stability and manageability of the plugin - by both implementing proper object-oriented code, and separating UI design from the code itself, via an XML Layout class I'm working on.

Second, I want to basically throw in the kitchen sink when it comes to options, while making it easier to apply those options to multiple bars. So yeah, the options panel will be getting a major overhaul - switching the focus from just the two current categories (text, color), to using those two categories (and at least one more) for each bar type via a left-hand list of bar types, and a tabbed window for these categories for each bar.

Finally, v2 will be focused on the future - instead of just what's currently possible. For this reason the aforementioned bar list will include bar types that aren't possible - yet. Until they are possible, they will be disabled - but it will "ship" already with the framework to handle those bar types - to make responding to API updates as quick as possible. For instance, let's say two months down the road, they add API that supports target health. As Palantir will already have that bar type (albeit disabled) - all I would need to do is add a line or two of code (to match the specific API method), enable the bar type, and release an update.

Now that I got people excited, the bad news is that I'm unsure of a release date at this point. However, until that time comes, Palantir v1 will continue to be maintained with updates/fixes as the situation warrants it. At this point, there will be at least one more coming - which will fix the curable support crash-to-desktop issue, as well as provide a button that will work with the new RegisterForClickHandling method to support player portrait vitals clicking - for those who choose to hide the vitals. This button will only appear if the vitals are hidden, directly above the debuff bar. This update will be released shortly after a solution for the curable bar bug is found.

My wife and I are really hoping for Attunement/Focus/Fervour bar support soon as well!
    [CENTER]Cynegar - Warden of Rohan[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by joshmiller83 View Post
    My wife and I are really hoping for Attunement/Focus/Fervour bar support soon as well!
    It will be coming in v2 - admittedly, I kinda coded myself into a corner with v1, making adding new bars a difficult process that would likely result in old bugs resurfacing. This lack of foresight is entirely my fault, and would like to apologize for the resulting delay in adding these features.

Including the above, there were several things that did not go the way I'd like throughout the lifespan of v1, and all of these things have definitely become a learning experience, which I plan on taking advantage of in the process of creating v2.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Will #'s 1 & 2 finally give us the ability to write plugins that will be similar to the WoW Outfitter addon that will let us create equipment "groups" that we will be able to switch between with the click of a button? What a boon that would be for players with characters that regularly fill multiple roles in group play.
    Unfortunately, the release notes are misleading. They claim that
    1. Turbine.Gameplay.Equipment is functionally the same as the Backpack only the indices refer to specific inventory slots defined by the Turbine.Gameplay.EquipmentSlot enumeration.
    when in fact, Turbine.Gameplay.Equipment is missing the two very important aspects of the Backpack - PerformItemDrop() and PerformShortcutDrop() and without these methods, the Equipment object is pretty much useless and any kind of Equipment Set plugin becomes impossible. Ah well. scratch that idea.

To be fair, the line above that in the release notes (not in Maldrake's original post) does specificaly state "Added a few new classes to Lua for players to be able to inspect equipment". So perhaps down the road we will get access to actually equip items programatically.
    Last edited by Garan; Sep 28 2011 at 04:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2