We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now that the RoI NDA is lifted....

Is there anything new or exciting that's guaranteed to be shipping with RoI that's Lua related?

Re: Now that the RoI NDA is lifted....

From these month-old patch notes, it seems as if they are allowing access to the chat & your group via LUA. Someone who is in the beta will have to confirm if they actually made it though.

Exposed an event for receiving chat messages in lua. Added chat type definitions for chat filtering.
    Added a few new classes to Lua for players to be able to inspect equipment.
    1. Turbine.Gameplay.Equipment is functionally the same as the Backpack only the indices refer to specific inventory slots defined by the Turbine.Gameplay.EquipmentSlot enumeration.
    2. Turbine.UI.Lotro.EquipmentSlot is a UI element that can be used to equip or unequip items and works exactly like the equipment slot in the character panel.
    Local player now has a GetParty method for getting the player's party. This exposes the ability to enumeration the players in a party and get information about them as well as vitals and effects on them.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Very much interested in hearing about new lua stuff as well here, beta people, share away !
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

Hmmm. If they included equipment slots I wonder if they fixed the equipped<>backpack item swapping event bugs. If so, this is a major plus for AltInventory. Ooh, not to mention possibly one click equipment set swapping. The party stuff should be pretty huge as well for any of the buff/vitals plugins.

*crosses fingers* Here's hoping it actually makes it into live...

They have also added chat channel APIs so you can read from a chat channel.. This will be great for /roll filtering etc.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Unfortunately they seem to have also introduced a bug that causes client crashes with certain plugins. Multiple people have reported crashes when using Buffbars and looting corpses. I personally crash every time I try to use one of the quickslots for wound/poison/fear/disease pots in Palantir.

I don't know really anything about LUA programming so I couldn't even guess as to the cause.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

I've created a document with a simple dump of _G in both beta and live, highlighting the differences between the two:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZBQ1E&hl=en_US

There's some nice new tools for us to play with. I've started tinkering on a couple of projects that I've been kicking around in my head for a bit.

As for the crashing bug, it looks like it has to do with the way item stacks are handled and monitored in Lua. I haven't investigated very thoroughly.
    Lycius [size=1][color="gray"][ELF HNT][/color][/size] / Dannav [size=1][color="gray"][MAN WDN][/color][/size] / Pius [size=1][color="gray"][HOB BUR][/color][/size]
    [i][color="gray"]Landroval[/color][/i]

So what exactly does GetParty/GetMember return?

ie: Exactly how much information can we get about other players? Is it only really simple stuff like if they are alive, what class they are, and vitals/effects? Or can we access everything about them that we can about our own player? (which now includes all stats, equipment, and possibly even info from the chat log?)

Very good news anyway.

At the minimum we can get buff tracking on other players, and potentially custom health/power bars to make healing easier. And combat logging on at least your own data should be able to be done in game (much more efficiently than the current workarounds).

Thanks for the dump of _G btw.
    Last edited by Evendale; Aug 26 2011 at 10:00 PM.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

Also, is there a way to target entities/partymembers? Raid/fellowship vitals which don't handle click targeting aren't going to be nearly as useful.

It will be good to see the (effective) end of the external helper .exe's.

As far as access to other player's data in the fellow.... for the love of Valar, not the gear.

I don't want to deal with idiots and gearscore-like plugins, especially when they manage to create a catch 22 with generated rating.

And to put this in perspective, if you know a player's race, class, traits, and gear, you can then determine every single stat they have, so you can start to quantify what stats should be expected.

With some classes, that might be a bit harder to do than others.

Quote Originally Posted by moebius92 View Post
    Also, is there a way to target entities/partymembers? Raid/fellowship vitals which don't handle click targeting aren't going to be nearly as useful.
    True. That is a pretty huge limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post

As far as access to other player's data in the fellow.... for the love of Valar, not the gear.

I don't want to deal with idiots and gearscore-like plugins, especially when they manage to create a catch 22 with generated rating.

And to put this in perspective, if you know a player's race, class, traits, and gear, you can then determine every single stat they have, so you can start to quantify what stats should be expected.

No need to complain yet. We know you love your anonymity, and that's most probably going to be preserved.

I was just thinking it seems a little pointless for them to give us access to our own gear/stats but not other players's (what useful thing is a plugin going to be able to do with that information? gearscore for yourself? - well actually I can think of a couple of minor uses but pretty trivial stuff really). So I was just asking for some clarification, as there is perhaps a very slight possibility that we may be able to access this info for other players that we are grouped with.
    Last edited by Evendale; Aug 27 2011 at 02:36 AM.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"

v

Narrel made it pretty clear that other players' gear would not be accessible via Lua. You can access vitals and other LocalPlayer type attributes, but not their equipment.
    Lycius [size=1][color="gray"][ELF HNT][/color][/size] / Dannav [size=1][color="gray"][MAN WDN][/color][/size] / Pius [size=1][color="gray"][HOB BUR][/color][/size]
    [i][color="gray"]Landroval[/color][/i]

The only player information you can retrieve is:

- GetName
    - GetLevel
    - GetMorale
    - GetMaxMorale
    - GetPower
    - GetMaxPower
    - IsLinkDead
    - IsVoiceEnabled
    - GetAlignment
    - GetReadyState
    - GetParty
    - GetClass
    - GetRaid
    - GetRace

I think possibly you can get buffs/debuffs too.

The Turbine.Gameplay.Party API has the following:

- GetLeader
    - GetAssistTarget
    - GetAssistTargetCount
    - GetMember
    - GetMemberCount
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    The only player information you can retrieve is:
    The Turbine.Gameplay.Party API has the following:
    2 Ideals
    1. (Making an informed decision to join a group)
    Is there something I can run on a given user to see 1. Who leads the party 2. Who else is in the party 3. Do all the members have voice?

2. Chat manipulation: Extending /ignore or /friend ; Since Its now possible to mess with your chat, is it possible to start doing things like 'time-stamped' logs, or 'filtering' away users?
    Last edited by Crell_1; Aug 27 2011 at 10:27 AM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    2. Chat manipulation: Extending /ignore or /friend ; Since Its now possible to mess with your chat, is it possible to start doing things like 'time-stamped' logs, or 'filtering' away users?
    Should be possible to do pretty much any sort of filtering on the output, with a small twist, such a plugin would need to cover the regular chat window minus the input field (plugins can't control what's sent to a channel in any way). Logging would also be possible with an external application or a limitation: logs would come in the form of saved data in PluginsData/ and would need some (straight forward) extracting to use outside Lotro).
    [size=1]Freeps (Snowbourn): [b]Equanor (R11 MNS)[/b] - Equendil - Orlo - Equadoc - Quaolin - Oshia - Kaolin - Equaric - Equorn
    Creeps (Snowbourn): Veloch (R9 RVR) - Velrow (R10 BA) - Velkro - Oruk - Velrot - Velreth
    Author of the [url=http://tiny.cc/2zm50w]Legendary Item Planner[/url], [url=http://tiny.cc/m1m50w]Bootstrap[/url] and [url=http://tiny.cc/41m50w]Baruk[/url] plugins.[/size]

I see Turbine.Gameplay.Class still has wardens as the "undefined" class of Lotro...

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    No need to complain yet. We know you love your anonymity, and that's most probably going to be preserved.
    Really, the only reason why I'm so against it - I don't want to deal with the abuses of plugins (as we've seen in WoW) here in LotRO. Especially since I like to occasionally PUG something.

As far as being annon.... I'm generally not nowadays....

Quote Originally Posted by Evendale View Post
    I was just thinking it seems a little pointless for them to give us access to our own gear/stats but not other players's (what useful thing is a plugin going to be able to do with that information? gearscore for yourself? - well actually I can think of a couple of minor uses but pretty trivial stuff really). So I was just asking for some clarification, as there is perhaps a very slight possibility that we may be able to access this info for other players that we are grouped with.
    Could be to allow us to make a custom Character panel.

Really, the only reason why I'm so against it - I don't want to deal with the abuses of plugins (as we've seen in WoW) here in LotRO. Especially since I like to occasionally PUG something.

As far as being annon.... I'm generally not nowadays....

Could be to allow us to make a custom Character panel.
    Really there's nothing to stop someone who's got a data.lotro.key api key from querying the information that way like LotrOHerald already does, it probably wouldn't take much to write a custom /inspect that works (online/offline) annon or not.. all you'd really need from the existing one is some way to expose LI data and Trait slotting configurations.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Rainith View Post
    Unfortunately they seem to have also introduced a bug that causes client crashes with certain plugins. Multiple people have reported crashes when using Buffbars and looting corpses. I personally crash every time I try to use one of the quickslots for wound/poison/fear/disease pots in Palantir.

I don't know really anything about LUA programming so I couldn't even guess as to the cause.
    When the beta becomes open I'll certainly take a look at it. Although I will make sure that the current version of Palantir will work correctly for RoI, I should mention that Palantir v2 will no longer support the "click to cure" feature.

Due to numerous requests to support additional items (like morale/power pots/skills) and the inherent sloppiness of using custom inventory/cooldown handling, I feel it's better to just go with a separate plugin for that purpose.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wK9A7aa.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1][B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Fourohfour | [B][COLOR=white]75[/COLOR][/B] Artemedis | [COLOR=Blue][B]60[/B][/COLOR] Whiskeytango Foxtrot | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]50[/COLOR][/B] Mistah Boombastic | [B][COLOR=#00ca00]56[/COLOR][/B] Appetizer | [B][COLOR=#a7a7a7]25[/COLOR][/B] Aggromi | [B][COLOR=blue]61[/COLOR][/B] Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts [/SIZE] [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Palantir v2 will no longer support the "click to cure" feature.
    Hmmm, too bad, I quite like that feature. And as someone else above said, it seems to be something to do with the item handling 'fix' they made as my poison cure is a skill (burg) and that won't cause a crash, but any of the other three which are set to their appropriate pots will cause a crash. This only started with the most recent beta build, the first two had no problems with any plugins.
    Originally Posted by Damian6988
    That is not unlike drinking a pot of coffee and taking a Valium.
    "I want to stay up and get more work done, but I don't want to remember any of it."

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Really there's nothing to stop someone who's got a data.lotro.key api key from querying the information that way like LotrOHerald already does, it probably wouldn't take much to write a custom /inspect that works (online/offline) annon or not.. all you'd really need from the existing one is some way to expose LI data and Trait slotting configurations.
    Interesting. Maybe we can make an in-game gearscore after all, using some workarounds and a helper app. I might look into it after I'm done with CA if I have time, just because I know how much Maley loves the thought of it.

It's not the terribly most accurate information. I know someone whose information is five levels out of date according to the API.

Got bored, checked my own characters - at least one piece of gear that's just wrong, maybe 10% of it has no lorebook information at all, and of course, no legendary item information beyond item level.

So, yeah. Gear score. +/-20%. It'll be interesting, I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia View Post
    Due to numerous requests to support additional items (like morale/power pots/skills) and the inherent sloppiness of using custom inventory/cooldown handling, I feel it's better to just go with a separate plugin for that purpose.
    Ah bummer, I guess I better start thinking about a different implementation for myself then. However, I get the reasoning behind your decision on changing things.
    Merric
    A Co-host of A Casual Stoll to Mordor
    A Blog and Podcast dedicated to The Lord of the Rings Online
    "Relax. Turbine employs humans, not gods." - opurt

Its not possible to get the vitals for your target though right? With the new changes you can make new fellowship frames(finally!) but can you make a target frames? Its annoying being able to make player(and now fellowship) frames look good, but having to keep that target frame(and target of target) as it is... bleh. Though beta is not over yet, there may be more coming... I hope. If not, then perhaps in RoI update 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Woffen View Post
    Its not possible to get the vitals for your target though right? With the new changes you can make new fellowship frames(finally!) but can you make a target frames? Its annoying being able to make player(and now fellowship) frames look good, but having to keep that target frame(and target of target) as it is... bleh. Though beta is not over yet, there may be more coming... I hope. If not, then perhaps in RoI update 1.
    Ya, no access to target info yet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast