We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: New warden info?

I'm pretty happy with everything as it is laid out on paper. It seems like the few warden weaknesses are being addressed, I just hope it plays out the way it reads.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewMachine View Post
    Over-reaction to the MorliX line of thought re: the avoidance gap, perhaps? I wonder exactly how large the gap in BPE and Morale is...
    I hope I can take credit . Actually...i have hoped and continue to hope for true blance to be found for both of our classes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014adb0/signature.png]Shokazap[/charsig]

Locomente - Champ, Beraxis - Guard, Sustain - warden

Quote Originally Posted by KahnyaGnorc View Post
    So, the differences:
    We got
    +664 Incoming Healing
    +55.2 ICPR
    +5 Seconds Stun Immunity
    -5 Minutes NS CD

They got
    +166 Block
    +1344 Physical Mitigation
    +2% Evade
    +200% Heal and +100% Max from Warrior’s Heart/Fortitude
    so if that ends up unbalancing things too much, how about boosting the inc healing on the warden set a little? fits with the whole guards mitigate big hits, wardens mitigate through self heals. actually there's a thought...why not change the never surrender cd to something heal related? could be a straight boost to our healing, or possibly a x% chance to boost the effectiveness of our next heal used by x% after taking any damage. also useful for a bigger than normal conviction on the rest of the fellow, assuming you have it built and ready to go at the right time.

That amount of Inc. Healing isn't all that much at all really, kind of a joke as far as what it adds to the percentage.

Currently the blanket power reduction on BR is 10%. Couple that with rings and armor now providing 250+ more ICPR and now we use power about as efficiently as your average gas-guzzler.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001034dc/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ...and there may have a been a blanket reduction in skill costs for the warden.
    Thank you! Another nice aspect of the update

Is this included within the revamp of traits, or is this before traiting? If it is before i can see a nice reduction in power consumption when traited in particular combinations!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000008d8a7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Suicidal Warden of The Gilrain Ettenmoors

Another question: I remember that Orion mentioned he wanted to make our health leeches viable in boss fights. Have there been any changes to Resolution, FR, and EoB?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d51ed/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    ...and there may have a been a blanket reduction in skill costs for the warden.
    Any chance guardians OP power cost is reduced?
    The great and mighty Hobbit Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Stubi View Post
    Any chance guardians OP power cost is reduced?
    pretty please?,,,,as skills scale up to 75, the OP power management is reportedly much more difficult.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014adb0/signature.png]Shokazap[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by MorliX View Post
    pretty please?,,,,as skills scale up to 75, the OP power management is reportedly much more difficult.
    How is the OP even close to resembling something about over power guards?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    How is the OP even close to resembling something about over power guards?
    Ask the poster to whom I replied and had quoted.
    Last edited by MorliX; Aug 29 2011 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorliX View Post
    Ask the poster to whom I replied.
    Must have missed that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    No class / legendary slot
    ./cry

Quote Originally Posted by Balagast View Post

2 set bonus – +52.8 ICPR

3 set bonus – +5 second stun immunity from Shield Tactics

4 set bonus – +304 Melee/Ranged Offence Rating

5 set bonus – Never Surrender CD reduced by 5 minutes
    ./cry
    The one and only Matdir
    [b][color=green]Leader of the Luckyhit Fan Club
    [/b][/color]

Patented Dumb Question: where's our power coming from? I see not a stich of will on that set. Is there jewellry to compensate? Did I miss something entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Chanah View Post
    Patented Dumb Question: where's our power coming from? I see not a stich of will on that set. Is there jewellry to compensate? Did I miss something entirely?
    Itemization is going to be interesting. I am probably going to end up using relics that give me a defensive boost for tanking LIs because we'll have room under the cap for those benefits. When tanking I usually have some sort of power helper, cappy or LM. Non tanking LIs will probably build for morale and ICPR like I do right now.

Stat tomes go up to +60 now too.

Orion cut our power cost by 10% in the beta as well.

So I don't really have a good answer besides, its something we're going to have to figure out.

Can someone in Beta give us a breakdown as to how the bleed removals work? Some have speculated that the removal does damage based on how much time is left, some think it will just be a flat amount of bonus damage meaning it's best to let the bleed tick a little bit. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but either way could we get someone to educate us?

Also could you tell us where the Jav Toss bleed fits in? Is it removed by PA or MB, or not at all?

If I missed where all this was already broken down by someone in Beta, could I get the link to that? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I want to add in details about Battle Memory as well. How long we can use a Gambit saved in there, and if it's available while we're stunned. It would be a VERY cool mechanic to not close out BM while we are stunned, because most of our Gambits wouldn't work so it wouldn't matter but we could store the new Tactical buff in there to break ourselves out of a stun if we really need to. Just an idea! Tell the Beta devs!
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Aug 31 2011 at 02:23 AM.
    [center]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tY1055I.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

I have a slew of alts and our kin does as well, I was going to run champ through isen first cause he is my oldest and is my most complete toon. All that being said I was in beta and tried all classes at 65 and 75. I WILL be taking a warden in first, the old caps will all be very reachable with new gear and the returns diminish quickly from what i seen, you can pour all you want into one area, but for most wardens in this forum I have noticed this isnt an e-peen competion like many other class forums. You will be able to run around with 11k morale 2500 icpr a 3k power pool and 15% defenses. The gear in beta will allow you to pretty much take care of any soft spots with one slot. As for bleeds go, I admit not a number cruncher to the point I can give you solid spreadsheet data, but they are huge part of dps now. I was able to snatch all my aggro and jump into a bleed fest, cycle three of em and then go back to an aggro grab. When soloing my dps was incredible in comparison to todays version we all love. When cycling bleeds the next one would get a big boost of around 500 on average from removing the older version. So with very little math to back it up, I will not be focusing on letting bleeds get a tick or two in. I will continue to hammer another one to get that boost and never even got close to having power problems cause i stacked insane icpr.
    Where did all the common sense go?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchickn View Post
    Can someone in Beta give us a breakdown as to how the bleed removals work? Some have speculated that the removal does damage based on how much time is left, some think it will just be a flat amount of bonus damage meaning it's best to let the bleed tick a little bit. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but either way could we get someone to educate us?

Also could you tell us where the Jav Toss bleed fits in? Is it removed by PA or MB, or not at all?

If I missed where all this was already broken down by someone in Beta, could I get the link to that? Thanks in advance

EDIT: I want to add in details about Battle Memory as well. How long we can use a Gambit saved in there, and if it's available while we're stunned. It would be a VERY cool mechanic to not close out BM while we are stunned, because most of our Gambits wouldn't work so it wouldn't matter but we could store the new Tactical buff in there to break ourselves out of a stun if we really need to. Just an idea! Tell the Beta devs!
    These have been scrapped in favor of giving an instant damage bonus for bleed application when a lower tier bleed is present.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000019caef/signature.png]Nerves[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by amaizinblue View Post

When cycling bleeds the next one would get a big boost of around 500 on average from removing the older version. So with very little math to back it up, I will not be focusing on letting bleeds get a tick or two in. I will continue to hammer another one to get that boost and never even got close to having power problems cause i stacked insane icpr.

Quote Originally Posted by geoboy View Post
    These have been scrapped in favor of giving an instant damage bonus for bleed application when a lower tier bleed is present.
    Okay so... which is it? Amaizinblue seems to describe what Orion had described to us when this was first introduced, but geoboy says that has been scrapped. Am I missing something?
    [center]
    [color=green][b]Gloarn[/b][/color] 80 Burglar [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glorn[/b][/color] 75 Champion [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Gloirn[/b][/color] 75 Rune-keeper [color=grey]|[/color] [color=green][b]Glourn[/b][/color] 75 Captain
    [color=brown][b]Glarnakh[/b][/color] R7 Warleader [color=grey]|[/color] [color=brown][b]Glarno[/b][/color] R6 Reaver
    [/center]

Okay so... which is it? Amaizinblue seems to describe what Orion had described to us when this was first introduced, but geoboy says that has been scrapped. Am I missing something?
    It's what Geoboy said, which is what I said, which is what I heard from my inside source... ok Mysterion told me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    It's what Geoboy said, which is what I said, which is what I heard from my inside source... ok Mysterion told me.
    Okay cool. I know Beta is down but could we get more information on this? You may want to update your thread to include these as well

How much extra damage does it do? Is it doubled if 2 bleeds are on instead of one? Can it be any bleed or does MB only do bonus damage if a PA bleed is present (and not US)? How does Jav Toss figure into this?

Again, I know Beta is down currently (probably getting it ready for open Beta is my guess) but if anyone remembers any of this could they be so kind as to share?

Slightly OT: I was thinking about using potency in a 1v1 against a Creep in this way. Instead of using Deft Strike (which is worthless aside from granting Potency) maybe slot the Shield-Shield mastery to get off a quick Defensive Strike (which already has a near instant animation), then follow it up with WT. Not only would you have ~3000 extra block rating (to counteract debuffs especially) but you would also have a WT in your back pocket to use for the KB if morale allows for it.
    Last edited by thunderchickn; Aug 31 2011 at 05:18 PM.
    [center]
    [/center]

Okay cool. I know Beta is down but could we get more information on this? You may want to update your thread to include these as well
    BLASPHEMOUS MORTAL!!!

Thou wouldst dare question the Compilation?!?! FEEL MINE HOLY WRATH!

Nah, that was updated a day or two ago when my informant relayed information on the tyrannical conspirators new plots (aka, Mysterion and Turbine)

How much extra damage does it do? Is it doubled if 2 bleeds are on instead of one? Can it be any bleed or does MB only do bonus damage if a PA bleed is present (and not US)? How does Jav Toss figure into this?
    Nobody seems to know :3

The tooltips haven't been updated and I don't know if the system is even in place on beta yet. They just announced the change via a patch note awhile back.

Slightly OT: I was thinking about using potency in a 1v1 against a Creep in this way. Instead of using Deft Strike (which is worthless aside from granting Potency) maybe slot the Shield-Shield mastery to get off a quick Defensive Strike (which already has a near instant animation), then follow it up with WT. Not only would you have ~3000 extra block rating (to counteract debuffs especially) but you would also have a WT in your back pocket to use for the KB if morale allows for it.
    My thoughts exactly, though I was also wondering if Goad might be a good option for pvp as well due to its range.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    Thou wouldst dare question the Compilation?!?! FEEL MINE HOLY WRATH!
    Lol, I'll check it out.

My thoughts exactly, though I was also wondering if Goad might be a good option for pvp as well due to its range.
    Yeah, only problem is Goad doesn't give a benefit aside from Potency. I made a typo as well, Defensive strike would be more like ~2000 block which is still awesome and to me the best in a PvP situation. The other two just come out negligible. If we need the range to get something in combat, we have javelins. If it's just to start the potency quicker well... Goad's animation is much longer than Defensive Strike
    [center]
    [/center]

Hmmmm, I must admit I hadnt been in the beta in over a week. My point was the next bleed gambit removed the older version with a damage pop of about 500 and applied said new bleed. Either I wasnt very clear about what I meant as is probably the case after reading my post, or something has changed. English is my first language although it sure wasnt used very effectively in last post...lol
    Where did all the common sense go?

What about new gambits/aggro tools? Are they working properly, or do we have to expect Never Surrender ver. 1 rehash? If they do, how strong is "snap aggro" and "aggro dump" effect? Can we finally compete with Guards/Champs in aggro manipulating departament?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast