We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Spars at TR HS!! great success!

thanks a bunch to all the creeps who came out and had some friendly 1v1s tonight. greendeer,bubbaboom,zearat, and many of the moor chaos failwarg ezmoders. maybe we can make this a more frequent occurence and have some options for those who dont like the zerg much

and remember if you dont want to participate in the 1v1s thats fine, but plz respect those who do.

see ya out there folks
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Re: Spars at TR HS!! great success!

had another session of spars tonight after the one that inspired me to start this thread.

thanks to frayedsanity,louvre,gras,roeth lisberger for coming out.we had too many freeps for me to list them off so need more creeps!
    Last edited by Legs813; Aug 23 2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: very sleepy so lots of typos
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

yes the spars were great! awesome job freeps and creep for making it a good evening there!
    ROETHE BEAR ~ BEORNING <--- Legit Bear
    ELIMINATE YOFACE ~ HUNTER <--- Superb Raid Baby Extraordinaire!!!!!
    [URL=http://www.auplod.com/i-pdualo4c740.html][IMG]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdualo4c740.png[/IMG][/URL]

Agreed, the spars were fun!

I do have a concern with the location though, since its a place where a lot of fights naturally happen. What I'm going to suggest is probably going to get me some grief from old-timers, but should we consider lifting the ban on Myles Mountain and fight up there instead? That way people know where to go to get solid 1v1 action, and it won't have a negative effect on the natural ebb and flow of fights around TR hotspot. I mean come on... its been 4 years, we should probably let the negative stigma of the mountain go (but I'll be damned if I'm calling it Candy MT).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.blood-line.com][color=red][b]BloodLine[/b][/color][/url]

GTR is so much easier to see if anythings going on vs cm.

Duel's are always popular when one side has much more power than the other, and since the last update the balance of power has been tipped in favor of Freeps. Sure certain Creep classes can still do fairly well, if they're high enough rank, and the player is experienced, but right now half of the Freep classes could be poorly geared, played by feral monkeys, and they'd still have a good chance of winning a duel against an average Creep.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Cool Re: Spars at TR HS!! great success!

I love Sparing! But if you spar me, you gotta have atleast 10mins Because my spars take...FOREVER
    *Question* Are we suppose to use pots in spars? Seems like a disadvantage since for defilers i wanna use my flies and Drain your power but then they pot it

Sparring has been fun and all and has cheered up the moors..............
    But TR hotspot is a really poooooor place to do them
    [color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by MyLilBroJust View Post
    I love Sparing! But if you spar me, you gotta have atleast 10mins Because my spars take...FOREVER
    *Question* Are we suppose to use pots in spars? Seems like a disadvantage since for defilers i wanna use my flies and Drain your power but then they pot it
    Good spars are those you don't know what the outcome will be... If you know you're going to win, what's the point, and people will stop sparring you. The following are some rules (not really rules just frowned upon behaviors) that have been used on FFoot, and where I'm at now.

-No morale pots, for anyone. Power, and other pots are fine.
    -All classes should have NO buffs from outside their class. While DP buffs are avaialbe to everyone, they should be avoided (I know they last a long time so you may come afterwards... just a rule of thumb)
    -Kiting, while acceptable, is generally frowned upon, and may result in people not wanting to spar you anymore.
    -No racial cooldowns, no Uruk heal, no dying rage, or freep racials.
    -Warg, no Dissapear (even to use offensively) and no sprint. It is commonly accepted to let the warg start in stealth.
    -Reavers are allowed to charge
    Weavers - be a good momma and don't eat the baby. No burrow.
    -LM's, no wizard heal (can't remember the name of it)
    -RK's no Armor of the Storm.
    -Cappy's no Last Stand.
    -Champs no Dire Need, sprint or Controlled Burn.
    -Hunters no Burn Hot.
    -Guards no Pledges or charge. Something that is done on SLode to make it more even, the guards remove all armor (trust me, they are still a beast even without the armor).
    -Burgs starts out of stealth, no Find Footing, Touch n Go or HiPS.
    -Wardens stacking HoT's leads to no one wanting to fight you, trait spear, you can still rock.
    -Here's a biggy, DO NOT heal yourself or use a pot to prevent a death from a dot one your kill your opponent. The fight doesn't end until you are out of combat.

Now these are just guidelines and not written in stone. You may ask why the restrictions on skills... and it's just to help even the playing field. When played well, even the squishies kill the toughest of opponents. As Broodling can atest, even Hunters, when geared/traited well and played well can rock high ranked wargs, reavers and spiders without having to kite.

Location - Poor TR is a bad spot. It's too high of a traffic area and is a major fighting spot in regular PvMP play. Location should be based on what rez the Freeps have. If TR, then just north of Good TR or Myles (candy) mountain (good TR is rarely trafficked). Lugz rez behind lugz, GV fight at good grim.

Just things to keep in mind.
    Last edited by rivendale34; Aug 25 2011 at 12:58 AM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Good points Ryven, for this little niche of the community to succeed we need to do what we can to keep the playing field as even as possible. So far over the last few days we've had great fun with decent numbers (5-8 on each side), and for the most part things have been fairly even on both sides as far as kills go. I haven't really seen much questionable behavior out of people, only resistance we've seen was from a single freep group that thought they would overrun myles mt. but that that ended very badly for them, and I think they get the picture now.

What building this side of the community will hopefully do is keep more people interested in the moors, a lot of us can only take so much of the shuffles and numbers game before logging off. And with people staying logged in longer we will also get more fights in other places, because not everyone will want to sit and watch spars all day (this happened tonight as well).

Hope to see more of this as time goes on, its been fun. And remember, our mountain has its own history here, we don't have candy, we have Myles!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]

Was a ton of fun guys! I'd be down to do it anytime... giggity. but really awesome spars good job freeps and creeps glad we r patching up our moors with some fun
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100002728ba/signature.png]Madeyes[/charsig]

Don't like sparing on Candy/Myles Mountain, that aside. It has been a fun couples days reminding me why I haven't left Firefoot yet. So good job.

/troll on.

Great points Ryven and Bubba. We had some really good spars tonight at RoP/Lugs rez area, I have been practicing 1v1's without using cd's lately.

Whatsupdog you have made yourself a target for killing people after they win their spars. I suggest you stop or continue to be griefed by many.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rivendale34 View Post
    Good spars are those you don't know what the outcome will be... If you know you're going to win, what's the point, and people will stop sparring you. The following are some rules (not really rules just frowned upon behaviors) that have been used on FFoot, and where I'm at now.

-All classes should have NO buffs from outside their class. While DP buffs are avaialbe to everyone, they should be avoided (I know they last a long time so you may come afterwards... just a rule of thumb)
    -Kiting, while acceptable, is generally frowned upon, and may result in people not wanting to spar you anymore.
    -Warg, no Dissapear (even to use offensively) and no sprint. It is commonly accepted to let the warg start in stealth.
    -Cappy's no Last Stand.
    -Hunters no Burn Hot.
    -Guards no Pledges or charge. Something that is done on SLode to make it more even, the guards remove all armor (trust me, they are still a beast even without the armor).
    -Wardens stacking HoT's leads to no one wanting to fight you, trait spear, you can still rock.
    -Here's a biggy, DO NOT heal yourself or use a pot to prevent a death from a dot one your kill your opponent. The fight doesn't end until you are out of combat.

Now these are just guidelines and not written in stone. You may ask why the restrictions on skills... and it's just to help even the playing field. When played well, even the squishies kill the toughest of opponents. As Broodling can atest, even Hunters, when geared/traited well and played well can rock high ranked wargs, reavers and spiders without having to kite.

Location - Poor TR is a bad spot. It's too high of a traffic area and is a major fighting spot in regular PvMP play. Location should be based on what rez the Freeps have. If TR, then just north of Good TR or Myles (candy) mountain (good TR is rarely trafficked). Lugz rez behind lugz, GV fight at good grim.

Just things to keep in mind.
    Agreed..

How about no disarms, stuns, debuffs, or slows to while you're at it. Everyone should just run circles around each other and auto attack....Some of those "frowned upon" behaviors are utterly stupid to be "frowned upon"
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 25 2011 at 09:43 AM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

For all those who miss Wargfoot and his fun posts.. He recently (well, not really recently) created his OWN forums for Moor Chaos. On those forums Wargy posts everything from strange stories, to MOORS EVENTS that he is attempting to plan -- but can't without the proper support. I suggest anyone willing to participate at least sign up to the forums to be able to RSVP in the forum thread, and be apart of those threads that make everyone giggle.

http://forums.moorchaos.com// <---
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |
    | Rank 7 Guardian --- Rexxin (the almighty dorf) |

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Agreed..

How about no disarms, stuns, debuffs, or slows to while you're at it. Everyone should just run circles around each other and auto attack....Some of those "frowned upon" behaviors are utterly stupid to be "frowned upon"
    My favorite was allowing reavers to charge but saying champs can't sprint or use control burn. If someone uses cooldowns on you, fight them again; find out what they're really worth. In open world pvp, keeping track of who has used what and what your opponent has available to use is how you effectively win fights.
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

The restrictions on hunters confused me a bit, because they are at the biggest disadvantage out there (at least against a reaver). I'm assuming not all the rules Ryven posted would apply when facing certain classes. For example a burg could make mincemeat out of most warleaders simply by using addle, so where's the challenge in that? Not sure I agree with making the guards play naked (although Unknown would be game I'm sure), maybe against low ranks, but against higher ranks as long as the guard doesn't pop cooldowns its usually a close fight (speaking from a reaver perspective).

Quote Originally Posted by rivendale34 View Post

-Cappy's no Last Stand.
    -Hunters no Burn Hot.
    /agreed
    I should also add that;
    -champs should remove their secondary weapon and their pants
    -reavers no dev strike
    -randomly remove 4 skills from your skillbar
    -equip giant flower (freepside if you have one)
    -wargs should equip oven mitts
    - NO bleeds or slows as this is frowned upon

On second thought don't use any skills at all just auto attack

Even pirates have rules, eh?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000083475/signature.png]Sixofsix[/charsig]

[i][b][color=maroon]"You will hate me in the end... I promise"[/i][/color][/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Unixbomber View Post
    My favorite was allowing reavers to charge but saying champs can't sprint or use control burn. If someone uses cooldowns on you, fight them again; find out what they're really worth. In open world pvp, keeping track of who has used what and what your opponent has available to use is how you effectively win fights.
    well said

and the wargs start in stealth but burgs cannot made me lol too

Quote Originally Posted by uhgoo View Post
    and the wargs start in stealth but burgs cannot made me lol too
    I will only spar if I get to start from my big burrow. I go down, the freep then goes through the whole cycle of emotes... /boo /tickle /lol /groundroll (or whatever the hell it is)... then they light some fireworks, set a campfire, run in circles... and just when they start to fall asleep that is when I spring out, stun them, poop on the ground and then run for the hills. Epic win.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000083475/signature.png]Sixofsix[/charsig]

[i][b][color=maroon]"You will hate me in the end... I promise"[/i][/color][/b]

Just wanted to say great spars by everyone last night at TR Hotspot. It was fun while it lasted.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012830c/signature.png]Clieby[/charsig]
    Clieby - 75 Warden Rank 11 / Cliebo 75 Champion Rank 8 / Clieba - 65 Loremaster Rank 5
    Cliebi - 75 Minstrel Rank 5 / Cliebe - 65 Rune-keeper Rank 4 / Clieb - 65 Hunter Rank 3
    Cliebs - 65 Burglar Rank 1 / Cliebx - 65 Captain Rank 0 / Cliebu - 58 Guardian Rank 0

As far as rules go there is pretty much only two that I follow.

1. If you participate in 1v1's do not gank, winner's live.
    2. If you are vastly superior than your rival the more restrictions you place on yourself the more fun your opponent has in fighting you.

Morale pots and healing skills are allowed to help even the odds.
    Long cd skills including racial skills are allowed to help even the odds.
    Concerning reavers it is more beneficial to trait the bpe racial or the icmr/icpr racial than dying rage.
    All classes are not mirrored so to say a warg can start in stealth and an op burg cannot is acceptable.
    Comparing certain skills to each other e.g. 8s charge vs 45s sprint is straying from the main point which is use what you want to even the odds while aiming to win.

As far as spars camouflaging farming, to not spar would not stop those from continuing to farm.

Everyone has their own opinions and own perspective, and that's fine. Those community "rules" to even the fights are for top tier players. People say hunters can't compete against a reaver? I laugh. Unfortunately, FFoot has very few top tier hunters... maybe two, and I haven't seen them go against ranked reavers so can't speak to that. FFoot has very few top tier champs, maybe 2 or 3 active. Wargs in stealth and burgs guess that's up to you... I'm just going off what I've seen, burgs don't need it. The point is to make an even fight... if you don't want to do that, then don't. Easy as that. You believe it's community farming... that's ok too, and it would be if you only fight people you know you'll beat. 2v2, 3v3 and so forth are great fun this way, 1v1 spars are no different then set group fights, which many of the "leetest" kins have scheduled and participated in. The point is to have fun, which takes two sides. If it's not your idea of fun, don't do it. If you have fun trying to gank them, do that too. Of course, if that ALL you do... then I can see where the issue is.
    Last edited by rivendale34; Aug 25 2011 at 04:40 PM.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast