We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Firefoot PvP Community-Sparring and 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post
    Disclaimer: I fully realize while on Failfoot I completely went against my own advice in this post and zerged every spar i ever saw on the map with a 24man raid (when possible, but it was always at least 20man) and made it a point to make any freep or creep not in my tribe my enemy.... i make no apologies as i hated you all back then and pretty much still do.
    hear that?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post
    Yes you are pretty much gunna have to xfer unfortunately.

You will enjoy the game alot more if you do... you can easily make new ingame freinds on other servers Panda, heck bring a few from firefoot with ya!

You are doing yourself NO JUSTICE hanging on to past memories or some misguided sense of server loyalty.

Oh and all the hypocrits that are in this thread "anti-sparfarming"... guess all those preset group fights between certain tribes and kins dont count into your code of moors ethics, same with the old impromptu dueling circles that always went on between them. guess its only ok when you are the ones doing it. I count at least 4 people in this thread who chimed in as "anti spar farming" who were part of those preset fights.

Having a area of the map where people can go and 1v1 to thier hearts content will in the end bring more people out to the moors. Not always thinking about your own enjoyment, and being considerate of how much fun the OTHER side is having, will ultimately benefit you, as they will come out more often on a regular basis.

Disclaimer: I fully realize while on Failfoot I completely went against my own advice in this post and zerged every spar i ever saw on the map with a 24man raid (when possible, but it was always at least 20man) and made it a point to make any freep or creep not in my tribe my enemy.... i make no apologies as i hated you all back then and pretty much still do.
    Im glad you added the part at the end..cause for the rest of the post i was wondering who had hijacked your account.
    Ouijja
    Worst Warg Ever-The Warg Formally Known As Coringoldtagger
    Taredrahil 100 champ- Elhereth 95 hunter- Erme 85 Burglar- Felwynd 100 Warden
    Lailath 98 minstrel-Quija 100 Lore-Master- Yrandir 31 Runekeeper- Derilect 100 Captain

Smile Re: Firefoot PvP Community-Sparring and 1v1s

Not going to argue, but it was fun sparring and wouldn't mind doing it again.

This Server has great players, and the PvP could be good. Some people will see a 1v1 they'll dismount and Watch or just run alone. While some freeps/creeps will interrupt it and ruin a 1v1 that was not hurting them in anyway. And they will say ''Infamy is Infamy''. Well i hope you know ''Respect is Respect'' even though you like ruining moors because you wanna be ''cool''. Well its not.

Quote Originally Posted by thengal View Post
    Im glad you added the part at the end..cause for the rest of the post i was wondering who had hijacked your account.
    lol i miss me some Corin :P

Quote Originally Posted by GrumBelly View Post
    Open world PVP says it all.

Complaining that a 1v1 got interfered with is on par with complaining that a solo gold tagged a group v group fight. Open world pvp happens. "But we were hiding in the corner of the map!?!" Open world pvp happens. When the new Lotro reservation system goes live you can reserve all the solo or grouped opponents you want, but until then... sharing is caring.

The only thing you can do is keep moving your sparm spot, bring bodyguards, or both. Some may wander by and respect a round or 2 of duels but don't expect them to respect it forever. Points = fun... err at least that is the rumor.

-Bodybag

Well said. I pretty much agree with this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000016243d/signature.png]Nahtaslash[/charsig]
    George RR Martin > JRR Tolkien
    *Nerd Alert*
    Nahtaslash - 65 Nahtashield - 65 Nahtanin - 65 Nahtalore - 65 Nateedubs - 65

I agree with the idea that spars should be allowed to operate.
    Although, I also agree with BodyBag. Open world pvp is open world pvp...and getting upset that someone doesn't follow your rules is like getting mad at Chuck Norris for being strong.
    I like the idea of spars, but I think all the hype associated with them will die in a week or two.
    Last edited by Lightdeath; Aug 27 2011 at 02:02 AM.

Both sides have a valid argument, but its also a broken record that's been playing for years. We've had epic preset battles over the years with groups from Bloodline, and GK's unforgiven groups that everyone enjoyed, but when it comes to 1v1 the mindset changes because a lot of classes rely on groups to be effective (or at least people think that, so they never try to 1v1). Because of that they would rather ruin the fun for everyone else, instead of just stay away from it.

Had someone from my own tribe griefing the 1v1's the other day because according to him they "hurt the integrity of the moors", what a crock. The thing that ultimately hurts the the moors is the people that feel they have to police EVERY SINGLE THING that happens out there, and alienating everyone that doesn't agree with those ideals just because they can.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.blood-line.com][color=red][b]BloodLine[/b][/color][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by gamewizard View Post
    Both sides have a valid argument, but its also a broken record that's been playing for years. We've had epic preset battles over the years with groups from Bloodline, and GK's unforgiven groups that everyone enjoyed, but when it comes to 1v1 the mindset changes because a lot of classes rely on groups to be effective (or at least people think that, so they never try to 1v1). Because of that they would rather ruin the fun for everyone else, instead of just stay away from it.

Had someone from my own tribe griefing the 1v1's the other day because according to him they "hurt the integrity of the moors", what a crock. The thing that ultimately hurts the the moors is the people that feel they have to police EVERY SINGLE THING that happens out there, and alienating everyone that doesn't agree with those ideals just because they can.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

lol .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2