We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Firefoot PvP Community-Sparring and 1v1s

For a few days I was very sad to see the kind of PvP that Firefoot was having out in the moors, but the last 2 nights I have realized and seen how good Firefoot PvP can actually be if we get more people involved. Most of the main raid v raid fights are still around TA, which stinks, but there has been a lot more solo and small group action in different spots around the map.

Now, what I would propse to the PvP community is that we embrace more sparring and 1v1s, because its good fun for everybody. The last 2 nights we have set up spars and gotten about 20 people out from Freep and Creepside, and the spars were able to last for well over 2 hours each night. In my 4 years of playing this game, ive only ever seen that happen maybe 2 or 3 other times. So to be able to do that 2 nights in a row shows a lot about how good this server actually could be. I think we should try to get spars like these going most weeknights, because thats when the action seems to truly be dead, so if we can get spars going like this a lot more often, it will make the downtime on the server become a time when a lot of people have the opportunity to get a lot of points and have some fun. Ive heard a lot of people say that they dont like sparring and thats ok, but that doesnt mean that the people in the community that do like sparring cant. Sparring/1v1s can be great for people because they are a lot of fun, gives u time to bond with other people from the server, and most of all can make you a lot better at your class PvP and PvE wise. If you havent been out the last few nights, you should definitely come out and have some fun next time you hear about them going on, because I promise you will have some fun.

I also think it would be great for the server if we could set up an area that is established just for 1v1s. Most of the major PvP servers in LoTRO have one of these areas, and it works for all of these servers. A few great places for these are South of Lugz rez right near the River OP, or at the old Lugz Hotspot. Both of these places work for Freeps and Creeps and are away from map points but very accessible for both sides. Let me know what you think about this Firefoot!

And most importantly thanks to all the people involved in the last 2 nights who have been out there making these spars possible(Yubel, Fraiser, Connoly, Kayred, Taratheil, Shadowhowler, Lovi, Madeyes and many more). And hopefully this thread will make even more people want to come out and have some 1v1s.
    Last edited by Sister3; Aug 25 2011 at 05:12 AM.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=fixedsys][COLOR=#FF0000]Aldamire**Captain Of The Company**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Retired)
    Killerpup**Warg of Legion**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Now Rank 9/Retired)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Re: Firefoot PvP Community-Sparring and 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Sister3 View Post
    (Yubel, Fraiser, Connoly, Kayred, Taratheil, Shadowhowler, Lovi, Madeyes and many more).
    No Helly? Aldapoopy, I am no longer ever sparing you again.

I would be happy any night to 1v1 again that was the most fun i have had in the moors for a while. id be happy to do it again
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100002728ba/signature.png]Madeyes[/charsig]

I never ceases to amaze me that people are surprised at how much fun PvP can be when you CHOSE to not roflstomp your opponent with overwhelming numbers.

Now see if we can get 3v3s and 6v6s so WL, BAs, and cappies can have a more even chance at some wins.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

thnx every buddy for the wonderful spars! I had loads of fun! Couldn't make it to the 2nd night but hopefully I'll make it to the 3rd
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001fb9d9/signature.png]Stalfoe[/charsig]
    Alphf-Minstrel R8 ~Omegat-Reaver R7 ~Betuh-Weaver R7
    Kuhreep-Defiler R6 ~Dienamics-WL R6 ~Deltuh-BA R7 ~Stalfoe R10 Warg

Heya guys,
    Wargfoot is currently attempting to form a Warg/Hunter smackdown (a sort of event) and more support is needed for it to take off (aka more wargs and huntards to sign up). If it goes well, I'm sure more events will be introduced by Wargy. If more people were to sign up at the Moor Chaos forums for easy access to his stories AND notifications of events such as 1v1s, it would make the moors more enjoyable.
    Thanks for your time.

http://forums.moorchaos.com/

(Below is the link to register at the forums)
    http://forums.moorchaos.com/register/register

(below is the Warg/hunter smackdown link to RSVP)
    http://forums.moorchaos.com/post?id=5458437
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |
    | Rank 7 Guardian --- Rexxin (the almighty dorf) |

For a few days I was very sad to see the kind of PvP that Firefoot was having out in the moors, but the last 2 nights I have realized and seen how good Firefoot PvP can actually be if we get more people involved. Most of the main raid v raid fights are still around TA, which stinks, but there has been a lot more solo and small group action in different spots around the map.
    I agree, the positive effect this has had on fighting in other areas has been great. And if the larger groups start going for keeps and backup is needed, the people doing 1v1 stuff can always break away and come lend a hand. Instead of the rest of the map suffering because people are sparring, its had the opposite effect and its brought more people out, probably because so many people are associating the moors with positive activity, instead of the usual stuff.

Now, what I would propse to the PvP community is that we embrace more sparring and 1v1s, because its good fun for everybody. The last 2 nights we have set up spars and gotten about 20 people out from Freep and Creepside, and the spars were able to last for well over 2 hours each night. In my 4 years of playing this game, ive only ever seen that happen maybe 2 or 3 other times. So to be able to do that 2 nights in a row shows a lot about how good this server actually could be. I think we should try to get spars like these going most weeknights, because thats when the action seems to truly be dead, so if we can get spars going like this a lot more often, it will make the downtime on the server become a time when a lot of people have the opportunity to get a lot of points and have some fun. Ive heard a lot of people say that they dont like sparring and thats ok, but that doesnt mean that the people in the community that do like sparring cant. Sparring/1v1s can be great for people because they are a lot of fun, gives u time to bond with other people from the server, and most of all can make you a lot better at your class PvP and PvE wise. If you havent been out the last few nights, you should definitely come out and have some fun next time you hear about them going on, because I promise you will have some fun.
    I think as long as we as players keep things legit, and do what we can to even the playing field (eliminating I-Win buttons etc...) the 1v1 side of things can thrive. We do have to keep in mind that there will be people that disagree with it, and at some point they will grief other people, its just something that happens. I was one of those people a couple years ago, but seeing the action around the map hit new lows has changed my views on accepting all the other playstyles and supporting them.

I also think it would be great for the server if we could set up an area that is established just for 1v1s. Most of the major PvP servers in LoTRO have one of these areas, and it works for all of these servers. A few great places for these are South of Lugz rez right near the River OP, or at the old Lugz Hotspot. Both of these places work for Freeps and Creeps and are away from map points but very accessible for both sides. Let me know what you think about this Firefoot!
    I prefer Myles Mt. over the other areas, just because its more out of the way. Prefer it even more since Helly doesn't like it . But, I'll support whatever area is decided upon.

And most importantly thanks to all the people involved in the last 2 nights who have been out there making these spars possible(Yubel, Fraiser, Connoly, Kayred, Taratheil, Shadowhowler, Lovi, Madeyes and many more). And hopefully this thread will make even more people want to come out and have some 1v1s.
    For things to take off we need as many people/kins/tribes to support the idea as possible. Don't necessarily need them all to participate, just to accept that its going on and respect it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.blood-line.com][color=red][b]BloodLine[/b][/color][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by gamewizard View Post
    For things to take off we need as many people/kins/tribes to support the idea as possible. Don't necessarily need them all to participate, just to accept that its going on and respect it.
    Just as folks should not berate you guys for doing this, so should you also not require or expect udders to show respect for it... especially in a war zone. Some people enjoy breaking these things up or attempting to break them up and that is certainly their prerogative. This issue is akin to the whole farming issue where some people support it and others do not and no one seems to be able to agree to disagree. My own issue with this is, if you set aside an area that is to be known as the official "spar" area and a "gank-free" zone... that is where the farmers will gravitate to, as it will be easier for them to say that they were just "sparring" etc etc. And, finally, you cannot call these things spars anyway... because someone always "dies" in the end.

Anyway, this video pretty much sums up my own personal pvp mentality:

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000083475/signature.png]Sixofsix[/charsig]

[i][b][color=maroon]"You will hate me in the end... I promise"[/i][/color][/b]

In all honestly, if I see a spar on warg im jumping in.

1v1 is dumb and lame.

If we do 6v6 or 3v3 itll be alot more fun.

But I will not ever respect a 1v1 spar.

I wont seek them out to be a jerk, but I wont respect ones i pass either.

Its an easy way to hide farming rank and so many have used the spar excuse to deny farming.

I will spar a level 40 rk then, as long as I declare it its ok? Fine with me.
    Last edited by KevMcC; Aug 25 2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by sinn_fatale View Post
    Just as folks should not berate you guys for doing this, so should you also not require or expect udders to show respect for it... especially in a war zone. Some people enjoy breaking these things up or attempting to break them up and that is certainly their prerogative. This issue is akin to the whole farming issue where some people support it and others do not and no one seems to be able to agree to disagree. My own issue with this is, if you set aside an area that is to be known as the official "spar" area and a "gank-free" zone... that is where the farmers will gravitate to, as it will be easier for them to say that they were just "sparring" etc etc. And, finally, you cannot call these things spars anyway... because someone always "dies" in the end.
    But Dueling sound waay too fancy for us...

Yes, people will disagree with it and ganks will happen (I even said that already, cupcake). My point was that the more people we have supporting/respecting it, the more successful it can be.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.blood-line.com][color=red][b]BloodLine[/b][/color][/url]

Everyone should be able to do what makes them happy within the rules. But, this is a war zone its not hello kitty island. Do all the 'sparring' you want, but dont complain when they get broken up.

Myles Mountain..Candy Mountain, whatever you want to call it has always been associated with farming. So i think, as Six said, that is a bad idea.

I for one have never sparred and will never spar.....but have nothing against those that enjoy it. But once again, if i see 2 people fighting im not gonna take the time to ask if this is a spar...im just gonna help the creep.
    Ouijja
    Worst Warg Ever-The Warg Formally Known As Coringoldtagger
    Taredrahil 100 champ- Elhereth 95 hunter- Erme 85 Burglar- Felwynd 100 Warden
    Lailath 98 minstrel-Quija 100 Lore-Master- Yrandir 31 Runekeeper- Derilect 100 Captain

We've basically gotten the response this server always gets when a sparring or 1v1 area is suggested. Most people would enjoy it, but are unable to because a minority of the population is simply desperate for their infamy/renown fix.

I personally fail to understand why we can't have a small, out of the way area, where we can just meet for 1v1's. Candy Mountain and behind TR are areas that no one ever goes normally, why don't the raiders and gankers keep lurking at TA, while people who would favor small action go up there? It doesn't take much effort on either part, it just requires the two parties to respect each others preferences. Regrettably, respect is the problem.

What needs to happen for a 1v1 area to be set up properly is a large community to form and grow familiar and be a regular at the designated location. At the moment we only get small groups at a time at the 1v1 areas, which makes it easy for the infamy grubbers to screw things up. Larger groups can defend themselves and their purpose and play style more effectively.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019bd6e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [size=-2]Ghost Bear see problem. Nice peoples looking at Horse mouth. Ghost bear look at Horse belly. Horse make good snack![/size]

The 2v1 were fun the first night, just because they gave my low ranked reaver a chance against some of the burgs. But I agree with Aldamire, lets keep this sparring up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000ba6dc/signature.png]Badaxx[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post
    We've basically gotten the response this server always gets when a sparring or 1v1 area is suggested. Most people would enjoy it, but are unable to because a minority of the population is simply desperate for their infamy/renown fix.
    I think we should try to get spars like these going most weeknights, because thats when the action seems to truly be dead, so if we can get spars going like this a lot more often, it will make the downtime on the server become a time when a lot of people have the opportunity to get a lot of points and have some fun.
    Things that make you go hmm...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

another thing that would allow/promote more participation is setting up some smaller group action. 3v3s and so on. for those who for whatever reason dont enjoy 1v1s but still want time a way for the zerg, namely BAs, WLs, and lame creeps who just cant win a 1v1 (broodling).

now that im safe from his weaver i can talk all the smack i want to
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Regero View Post

I personally fail to understand why we can't have a small, out of the way area, where we can just meet for 1v1's. Candy Mountain and behind TR are areas that no one ever goes normally, why don't the raiders and gankers keep lurking at TA, while people who would favor small action go up there? It doesn't take much effort on either part, it just requires the two parties to respect each others preferences. Regrettably, respect is the problem.

What needs to happen for a 1v1 area to be set up properly is a large community to form and grow familiar and be a regular at the designated location. At the moment we only get small groups at a time at the 1v1 areas, which makes it easy for the infamy grubbers to screw things up. Larger groups can defend themselves and their purpose and play style more effectively.
    As usual you all think you can tell people what to do in the moors.
    I dont want infamy I am just going to stun the freep and sprint away lol
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Garfield View Post
    The 2v1 were fun the first night, just because they gave my low ranked reaver a chance against some of the burgs. But I agree with Aldamire, lets keep this sparring up.
    Good fights you both gave me Keep it up

I and my entire kin support the cause and look to keep this going. More 2v2, 3v3 etc would be greatly appreciated by many if we could get more people to show we can get them organized easily. Keep it up guys and don't let the losers drag ya down!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

I wonder why it is so difficult to get people to play with some sort of respect for other players, everyone always seems to have some sort of justification for a lack of respect. The Zone is quite large and there are many unused areas, within the rules of the game don't people have the right to try to find an area not being used and utilize it for some 1v1s or whatever #v# without other players trying to purposely hunt them down and ruin there fun? Many of these players if not all, have themselves in the past participated in such events and had alot of fun doing so and also frowned on people who tried to ruin it or break it up, and now for some reason have taken the complete opposite side and forgoten about their own participation in 1v1s. It makes me sad that so many players on this server go out of their way to ruin other players fun and take joy in doing so, or feel like they are doing everyone on the server a huge favour in same way for breaking up two players from trying to test their skills against eachother. Other servers seem to be able to find ways to have raid vs raids while still respecting those who are trying to 1v1 in an obscure location allowing everyone to enjoy themselves. Why can't we adopt that kind of behaviour over here? I for one am completely in support of setting up 1v1s whether it is by vent or third party, i have learned alot from fighting other people one on one and im sure alot of people have learned from fighting me as well, and i will continue to try to set up 1v1s or 2v2s etc as long as i play this game and if that means i have to go to a differnet server eventually to find players who play with respect since this servers players seem to refuse to change and insist on doing everything they can to ruin other peoples fun, then so be it.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/lotro/0/9/9/1/6/109916ajJZH.png[/img][/url]
    [color=red]BloodLine[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by TurinDreadHelm View Post
    I wonder why it is so difficult to get people to play with some sort of respect for other players, everyone always seems to have some sort of justification for a lack of respect.
    That's the problem right there. People make all sort of excuses but it comes down to respect. This server pvmp could be as great or as bad as we the players make it. Next month their will be a ton of new players making their debut in the moors. The kind of impression we make will have a lasting effect on the future of Firefoot pvmp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012830c/signature.png]Clieby[/charsig]
    Clieby - 75 Warden Rank 11 / Cliebo 75 Champion Rank 8 / Clieba - 65 Loremaster Rank 5
    Cliebi - 75 Minstrel Rank 5 / Cliebe - 65 Rune-keeper Rank 4 / Clieb - 65 Hunter Rank 3
    Cliebs - 65 Burglar Rank 1 / Cliebx - 65 Captain Rank 0 / Cliebu - 58 Guardian Rank 0

well said pandaman, fortunately,from what ive seen the ppl intent on breaking up the fun for whatever reason seem to be in the minority. weve had a good number of participants in the nights ive been around and i havent actually seen anyone interfere. though ive heard about it after the fact it doesnt seem to be enough party poopers to stop what we are doing altogether. <3 you firefoot lets keep it going
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000004cc0c/signature.png]Swartz[/charsig]

Open world PVP says it all.

Complaining that a 1v1 got interfered with is on par with complaining that a solo gold tagged a group v group fight. Open world pvp happens. "But we were hiding in the corner of the map!?!" Open world pvp happens. When the new Lotro reservation system goes live you can reserve all the solo or grouped opponents you want, but until then... sharing is caring.

The only thing you can do is keep moving your sparm spot, bring bodyguards, or both. Some may wander by and respect a round or 2 of duels but don't expect them to respect it forever. Points = fun... err at least that is the rumor.

-Bodybag

Quote Originally Posted by ElChingon View Post
    Things that make you go hmm...
    Im pro swartz. I know swartz and gnull's opinions on setup spars. Just keep him outa my dreams and im cool.

Hellzwind, Warcloud

Quote Originally Posted by TurinDreadHelm View Post
    I wonder why it is so difficult to get people to play with some sort of respect for other players, everyone always seems to have some sort of justification for a lack of respect. The Zone is quite large and there are many unused areas, within the rules of the game don't people have the right to try to find an area not being used and utilize it for some 1v1s or whatever #v# without other players trying to purposely hunt them down and ruin there fun? Many of these players if not all, have themselves in the past participated in such events and had alot of fun doing so and also frowned on people who tried to ruin it or break it up, and now for some reason have taken the complete opposite side and forgoten about their own participation in 1v1s. It makes me sad that so many players on this server go out of their way to ruin other players fun and take joy in doing so, or feel like they are doing everyone on the server a huge favour in same way for breaking up two players from trying to test their skills against eachother. Other servers seem to be able to find ways to have raid vs raids while still respecting those who are trying to 1v1 in an obscure location allowing everyone to enjoy themselves. Why can't we adopt that kind of behaviour over here? I for one am completely in support of setting up 1v1s whether it is by vent or third party, i have learned alot from fighting other people one on one and im sure alot of people have learned from fighting me as well, and i will continue to try to set up 1v1s or 2v2s etc as long as i play this game and if that means i have to go to a differnet server eventually to find players who play with respect since this servers players seem to refuse to change and insist on doing everything they can to ruin other peoples fun, then so be it.
    Yes you are pretty much gunna have to xfer unfortunately.

You will enjoy the game alot more if you do... you can easily make new ingame freinds on other servers Panda, heck bring a few from firefoot with ya!

You are doing yourself NO JUSTICE hanging on to past memories or some misguided sense of server loyalty.

Oh and all the hypocrits that are in this thread "anti-sparfarming"... guess all those preset group fights between certain tribes and kins dont count into your code of moors ethics, same with the old impromptu dueling circles that always went on between them. guess its only ok when you are the ones doing it. I count at least 4 people in this thread who chimed in as "anti spar farming" who were part of those preset fights.

Having a area of the map where people can go and 1v1 to thier hearts content will in the end bring more people out to the moors. Not always thinking about your own enjoyment, and being considerate of how much fun the OTHER side is having, will ultimately benefit you, as they will come out more often on a regular basis.

Disclaimer: I fully realize while on Failfoot I completely went against my own advice in this post and zerged every spar i ever saw on the map with a 24man raid (when possible, but it was always at least 20man) and made it a point to make any freep or creep not in my tribe my enemy.... i make no apologies as i hated you all back then and pretty much still do.
    Last edited by Xiir; Aug 26 2011 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cliebo View Post
    That's the problem right there. People make all sort of excuses but it comes down to respect. This server pvmp could be as great or as bad as we the players make it. Next month their will be a ton of new players making their debut in the moors. The kind of impression we make will have a lasting effect on the future of Firefoot pvmp.
    Most of those new players will quit firefoot and go reroll on E or some other server. Prolly wont take them even a full week before doing it either.

Sorry for being a killjoy ole'Cleib... everyone has an opinion and i quite frankly think mine is awesome... had to share it :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast