We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Helloooo!!!!

Talking Helloooo!!!!

Hi guys
    I've been planning on creating a new character on a new server for a long time. I have a level 45 captain on slode, but I have no one to group with because everyone is 65.
    I checked each server's forums, and Crickhollow seems to me like a very warm and yummy server.

So, I wanted to know...
    Are there a lot of non-RPers on Crick? I want to try roleplaying my characters but I'm not interested in hardcore RP because I also want to experience more of the PvE side of this game.
    Also, is it easy to find a group for level 40-60 stuff? This is a relatively new server so I thought I would be able to find people to group with at those levels (which would be awesome because travelling through Angmar alone is lonely

Basically, I'm into grouping and having fun, even if it is only for trivial content (like level 45 Gondamon skirmishes for fun, etc). Will I be able to find like minded people here? In most of the other servers I tried, there's barely any interaction between players besides kinmates. It makes lotro feel like a single player game.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and I look forward to playing on this server!
    Thumbtack Toesticker
    Agony
    Landroval

Smile Re: Helloooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
    Hi guys
    I've been planning on creating a new character on a new server for a long time.

So, I wanted to know...
    Are there a lot of non-RPers on Crick? I want to try roleplaying my characters but I'm not interested in hardcore RP because I also want to experience more of the PvE side of this game.

Also, is it easy to find a group for level 40-60 stuff? This is a relatively new server so I thought I would be able to find people to group with at those levels (which would be awesome because travelling through Angmar alone is lonely
    Since you'll be starting from scratch I cannot answer about the lvl 40-60 content in the future. At this moment, I have no trouble grouping for content in that range (and I'm somewhat annonymous to most other players as I have 7 chars in that range currently). Depending on the speed of your leveling and the release of RoI, I would expect many alts at least to be running that lvl 40-60 content when you are, if not 1st run chars.

As far as the RP, well, Elevensies is ALWAYS on in the Shire and there appear to be several active RP kins. Some are hardcore, others are part-time. I see recruitment in /ooc and /regional daily for both RP and non RP kins in a heck of a lot of zones, not just around Bree.

Anyway, come on over to the Hollow, we have room for more

Re: Helloooo!!!!

Hi. ^.^

As a part of Crickhollow's role-player community, I wanted to say something about what we have here. If you're new to role-play and want to interact with people in that way, then we do have a great community here. And if you want to come to Elevenses or other events and try role-playing in that setting, then it's great too. But if you decide that role-play isn't for you, there are a lot of non-roleplayers to interact with too. It's a really good balance.

On the subject of grouping and fun, I see a lot of advertisements in Bree and other places for group activities/instances/quests. We have several kins on server (ranging between full roleplay to light roleplay to non-roleplay) that enjoy doing skirmishes and instances together. I am level 42 at the moment and I have had problems finding groups. So I don't think you need to worry about a lack of friends and questing companions. ^.^

If you decide to join us here, welcome! You can send me a tell in-game and say hi - my character is Dessuidhiel. Either way, good luck finding the server that is right for you. (=

--- Dessy
    [B]Roleplayer, freestyle musician and general questing procrastinator.[/B]
    [color=#B041FF]My YouTube Channel (LoTRO Symphonious): [url]https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?563918-SYMPHONIOUS-Freestyle-and-ABC-Music-Videos[/url][/color]

That's actually great. I would love to have the choice to RP and not RP and still be able to play on the server without feeling left out (or do both whenever i want).

I am at a dilemma with classes however. I love captains and I've become pretty good at playing them (My captain has been my only character for 4 years now). I want to play a Captain but I really don't want to go through all those levels again, especially since Captains don't get super fun until level 40+ IMO.

So which is the most flexible class besides the Captain? I don't really have time to try many classes at once, so I have to choose one because of my time restraints.

Thanks for the warm welcome btw
    Thumbtack Toesticker
    Agony
    Landroval

A flexible class? Admittedly, I'm biased but the LM is amazing, there's a whole lot of utility there: CC, Debuffs, Anti-Stun, off-heals (which will be getting a nice boost come RoI), damage, rezzes, not to mention all of the amazing pets.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Armaius View Post
    A flexible class? Admittedly, I'm biased but the LM is amazing, there's a whole lot of utility there: CC, Debuffs, Anti-Stun, off-heals (which will be getting a nice boost come RoI), damage, rezzes, not to mention all of the amazing pets.
    I will create a LM then. I'll keep switching between my LM on crickhollow and my Captain on Slode so I will never get bored! Look forward to seeing you all in game. I'm also going to try the elevensies!
    Thumbtack Toesticker
    Agony
    Landroval

I will create a LM then. I'll keep switching between my LM on crickhollow and my Captain on Slode so I will never get bored! Look forward to seeing you all in game. I'm also going to try the elevensies!
    We'll be happy to have you! I switched over from another server too and I'll never go back. Elevensies is at 11pm eastern time usually at the Bird & Baby. Also, feel free to contact me ingame if you like, recently I've been working on my captain, Saerathfair.

Welcome to Crick!