We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Nail in the coffin?

Glad to see the creep population(Immortal Idiots) thinks this way, thus confirming my point FF will never change.

Broodling

I would like to point out you guys are debating and fighting over about the least developed part of the game, and the fact the lotro is PVE...not PVP Based!

Okay I am done...Who has got the popcorn?
    Ganthore, 75 Hunter Rank 6, Forged In Flames
    Burgleking, 75 Burglar, Rank 7, Forged in Flames
    PurgePoison, 75 Weaver Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Restored, 75 Defiler Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Madeyes, 75 Reaver Rank 10, Immortal Warriors

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000026c504/signature.png]Purgepoison[/charsig]

Re: Not another firefoot pvmp doomsday thread! This one must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoBird View Post
    When the people who want to change things actively work towards changing things THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE CHANGED. I don't care about pvmp, I just hate someone bashing the server without trying to fix things in action, not just words.
    i have long been practicing what i am now advocating. but unfortunately i am just one person. action came long before i put these words down sonosi, so if this was directed at me personally you are very much mistaken.

but to your point, yes we need many more to adopt this playstyle for anything to happen. and i hope it does. because i, like im sure many of you are very unsatisfied with how the moors have been lately.

ill be trying to form some small groups frequently with any who care to join. i would love it if some of the lowbie/tribeless creeps could do the same. tr hs is one of my favorite points on the map and ill be patrolling it frequently when im out.

it doesnt need to be IW/tater zergballs all day everyday folks. group with some random folks and venture forth from the haven of npcs. good times can be had in the moors.

Note: i have nothing at all against either IW/taterlings i just mention them because they are the largest pvp tribes/kins active atm
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Bortsy View Post
    Glad to see the creep population(Immortal Idiots) thinks this way, thus confirming my point FF will never change.

Broodling
    Wasn't an opinion. I was just stating facts. IW does in fact move around the map quite a bit (A lot more than anyone else.) We often run a circuit around the most populated areas of the map. Not sure why you are calling people names just because you don't agree with what is said. Just seems like you are trying to pick a fight by trash talking. Don't be butthurt because you got rolled by us. Happens to the best of us.

Die while pvping? Suck it up. Don't hold all that anger inside. It's just not healthy.

If you don't like Firefoot, then leave. If you have left already, then why even post here?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Cool Re: Nail in the coffin?

Well.....I love this server because Its a small server, and I know who I'm Killing!

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    Maybe we need more organized grouping, but as always, people only want to tab and get renown not group and actually roll the creeps.
    To many shy away from leading groups. Win or lose it's all practice for your next lead. Sadly most groups morale will not allow for more then a few wipes. I think it's a pve mentality to always raid perfectly without deaths. Doesn't translate well into pvp. And collecting points definitely out weighs the need for fun fights for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs813 View Post
    it has very little to do with numbers. its all in the attitude. which is why our pvmp is terrible most of the time.40 ppl camping ta lawn is as dull as 10 camping ta lawn.

you and others with a similar mindset are the reason our pvmp is what it is. you have resigned yourself to the pew pew suckfest and in doing so are responsible for perpetuating it.
    I agree. People complain about a bad aspect of the game and then proceed to do it as if it was the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Whenever you open a group up the random people never listen and almost always somehow migrate back to TA/EC even when your yelling in vent that we are not going there, they go anyway... way too many mindless sheep who want nothing more than to see points go over their head and dont acctually want to pvp and the only reason they do that is there is this broken mentality that you need to survive to win, hence why so many freakin people bring ranged classes to the moors, its a easy way to get kills without getting killed... LAME..
    It's funny when you can tell your opponents play style by what toon they are using. You kill someone grouped up so they change toons to their "solo" toon. Usually a burg or glass cannon. You don't often see a solo die and get on his group toon and group up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakshi View Post
    I don't think people zerg because they are afraid to die, they do it so they can get kills. It's pretty hard to go 1 v 4 ect. Low rank creeps would get demolished if they tried to 1 v 1 a freep. It is however annoying to die on freepside when we don't own ta or lugz.
    Class balance is and will always be off. Some classes match up close but many match up poorly. You will always see multiple creeps attacking freeps due to imbalances and even more with lower ranks. What I don't understand is why doesn't the solo freep join up a freind or two and counter the small pack of creeps trying to find an even fight? All to often the side that dies joins up too many players to counter the other sides small group and it becomes even more imbalanced then when the fight started. This also applies to calling out solo's in /ooc. What is the point? Join up a friend and go hunt the solo. Much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral View Post
    People go to TA because the other side is almost always there.

People can say all they want, but when it comes down to it, you go where the fight is and get your points. It's as simple as that.
    TA/EC is the illusion of safety with NPC's so it became a mainstay for the lazier players who couldn't be bothered with hunting. To use the middle of the map excuse is old. By that rational there is a northern and southern middle of map that is just as close to rez as EC. If people were truly bored with EC/TA they would boycott it and go to other places of the map. Laziness outweighs boredom.

For far to long the map has been predominantly red which means creeps have to wait until freep food comes in the zone then they hunt it. Freeps go to the center when they could go anywhere else and drag creeps there. If the map was blue I would say the creeps would be the hunted so they could go anywhere to drag the freeps to them. If freeps consistently stayed away from the middle of the map doing their part, it would not be long before they were hunted down. Sadly many will claim they roamed a couple times and found nothing so they went to the middle.

For things to change it would take an active participation from the community, with each individual doing their part and choosing to change what they can control.

-Bodybag
    Last edited by GrumBelly; Aug 19 2011 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumBelly View Post

For things to change it would take an active participation from the community, with each individual doing their part and choosing to change what they can control.

-Bodybag
    ^ This ..... no matter how the action is and what people do to me I will alwas play the way I play in the moors in hope that it rubs off on other people, I will continue to prefer small groups but go larger when needed, not jump in on ever kill if it isnt necessary and alwas try and put up a fight even when the odds are against me and all anyone can really ask is that others do their little part to make the pvp better. Honestly the pvp has been fairly decent, I have found ALOT of good 1v1,2v1 small group vs small group and even raid vs raid fights recently and alot of people have been respecting fights, they will eventually interrupt but people have been allowing alot more fights to go on in the moors without jumping in untill the person is deffinatly going to die or they already let them fight once...... Oh and Peace I never said or implied that dying is winning, Im more refering to people just stairing at each other on both sides because no one wants to make the first charge bcz they dont want to die and so the action just sits stale.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Quote Originally Posted by GrumBelly View Post

TA/EC is the illusion of safety with NPC's so it became a mainstay for the lazier players who couldn't be bothered with hunting. To use the middle of the map excuse is old. By that rational there is a northern and southern middle of map that is just as close to rez as EC. If people were truly bored with EC/TA they would boycott it and go to other places of the map. Laziness outweighs boredom.

-Bodybag

I wasn't trying to say it was the middle of the map, what I was saying it was the point between the two res circles. Most people die a lot in pvp. They go to their respective corners and start towards the opponents side. They meet up in TA. I like pvmp in LoTRO. Sure, it would be nice if they tweaked things a bit here and there, but overall, I enjoy it. That's why I continue to play after all these years.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

wow bodybag i think i love you. you know like when a hobbit lives an orc 3x his size and they go off an make little mutant babies together. that kind of love. your attitude is fantastic mate, do you play anymore? dont recall seeing you out recently.

and thulock ignore all things peace says. his envy of your baingrist is driving him crazy. constantly mumbling about the stinky dorfs hogging all his loot and whatnot
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    All nice and sensible things and more blah blah.
    Sigh. Trolling attempt fail Sell me Baingrist plox? Put OD chest in there as well?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000021f96e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Frieza View Post
    rage rage rage rage derpa derpa doopa gimme baingrist! blerpa herp derp?
    this is fun

Taken from the Turbine servers logs

08/17/2011 11:34:24:206 <Firefoot> Ryvenclaw leaves server.
    08/17/2011 11:34:24:356 <Firefoot> Firefoot -1000 sexy points.
    08/17/2011 11:42:57:592 <Silverlode> Ryvenclaw joins server.
    08/17/2011 11:42:57:734 <Silverlode> Silverlode +1000 sexy points.

True story.

A lot of what Legs, Body, Thulock and Peace have said is true.

One word of advice for everyone, especially those that are accused of being the new “Legion” and Ziirging[tm] the moors. It takes two sides to have fun at PvMP. Without the other side there IS no PvMP. While you want to kill them, the LAST thing you should want to do is piss them off., do that and they leave the ‘moors, lessening your fun as you have no opponents. And this applies to BOTH freep and creep.

If you have the numbers, I challenge you to just send in PART of your group like Legs stated. I’ve been in many groups, led by Body, Ziir and on SLode where we’ve done just that to make it even.

If you have the numbers and the opponents are in TA, Lugz, TR and won’t come out, pull the NPC’s and fight WITH them on you, don’t pull them out to clear the floor, THEN go in. Give the other side a chance, and they’ll come back even if they lose. Meaning more fun.

I challenge the tribes/kins to get in vent together sometimes (not everyone obviously) but the main players and talk. The most fun I’ve EVER had on Firefoot was fighting a freep group AND talking to them afterwards, sometimes even during. Much laughter, good natured ribbing was had by all. This happened a few times on Firefoot, and a lot the last couple of days for me.

I’m not going to advise anyone to move from Firefoot, I did so to find more fights during my play hours (morning and late/late nights) without being on a high population server, and I have. I had resigned myself to being vastly outnumbered and facerolled 50% of the time when I started a solo fight, and just learned to live with it, though at times the frustration did set in. Silverlode is no Eden, it is not the end all be all of PvMP, but I do find it more enjoyable and having more potential FOR ME than Firefoot has (especially once school starts).

I miss a lot of you, and wish you the best, hoping you can make Firefoot PvMP fun for all.

I hope tribes like IW, Freeps Hate Us and others have leaders who will step up and work to make a change within their unit and the community. I hope kins such as Revs, Ressurection, Taters and others would do the same and look for the fair fights. Yes you will get rolled, it WILL backfire, but over time it will benefit everyone as behaviors change. New players to the moors follow the vets around and see how they play, then emulate it. Note: Tribes/Kins listed are just the largest and most visible, so therefore standout.

Ryvenclaw strikes Firefoots PvMP boards with 1,635,674 points of WallOfText damage.

Laterz,

Ryv
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001012a2/signature.png]Ryvenclaw[/charsig][/CENTER]

Ryvenclaw! Why! I will miss you sexy fur...+1000 sexy points -1000 for ditching your best friend. Ever.
    Will miss you Ryven always had fun OOC! You owe me Bacon

Aw Ryven left too?? Man now there's nobody to beat on cept sexy and twisty
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

bye bye ryven and brood
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000ba6dc/signature.png]Badaxx[/charsig]

It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect. On the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know where the moors will stand, if that indeed wasn't where it isn't. Even if it wasn't at where I knew it was, that'd mean I'd really have to know where it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rivendale34 View Post
    Taken from the Turbine servers logs

08/17/2011 11:34:24:206 <Firefoot> Ryvenclaw leaves server.
    08/17/2011 11:34:24:356 <Firefoot> Firefoot -1000 sexy points.
    Too true D: I already miss you dude!
    Brandywine:
    | Rank 12 Reaver --- Danceswithswords | Rank 8 Warg --- Danceswithworgs | Rank 10 Warg --- Spectralhound (rip in ban world) | Rank 9 Champion --- Vorenroy (rip in ban world) |
    | Rank 7 Guardian --- Rexxin (the almighty dorf) |

[color=orange]Flimlin - Linsdor - Lutar - Togoras - Welki[/color]

I just started PvPing here again for the first time in a while, and just from 2 nights of PvP it seems pretty evident to me what the problem is here on Firefoot. And this all may have been said before, I didnt read all the posts before this but whatever. Ive spent most of my PvP time in this game playing on this server, but have put in my share of hours on other various other servers, some i liked more than FF, some I didnt. The thing that seems to be the reoccuring theme on the servers where PvP is big and fun is that more than just 1 or 2 smaller groups of freeps/creeps are willing to fight. I played on Friday night and it was pretty good action, multiple small groups of freeps and creeps moving around the map and I was having fights in different places throughout the map. This was the most fun ive had on FF in awhile. I was saying to myself, "maybe the server has turned around while I was gone and itll be fun again", but then tonight, I saw that Firefoot was the same old thing that it pretty much always is.
    There was a warg pack of about 10-12 out, and they had no problem ganking the solos or small groups of 2-3, but when I joined a group of only 6, they tried to fight us once, got rolled and decided to sit in TA the rest of the night. The group I was in moved around the map, went to keeps, tried to keep the fight fair and fun, but we never saw them again unless we tracked at TA. This to me is why Firefoot PvP pretty much fails. Because when one side or the other gets a disadvantage, instead of trying to find more numbers and actually fight, they turtle up and sit in a keep.
    Later in the night though it got a little better when a group of about 6 Bad Guys players were roaming around and willing to fight in the open field and try to have some fun and competitive fights. Its always seemed to be a problem for this server, and I dont know why, but most people i see, if they get rolled or die once they either all log off or sit around TA/TA lawn and wont fight unless they have a mass number of NPCs on there side. Yes, there is always going to be those few guys who hug there rating, but this isnt CoD where people base your skill on your K/D. Every player that people think of as being a great PvPer on this server never cared about his rating.

Sorry for writing this short novel, but I was bored and decided id contribute to the thread.
    [SIZE=3][FONT=fixedsys][COLOR=#FF0000]Aldamire**Captain Of The Company**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Retired)
    Killerpup**Warg of Legion**Rank 8 Pre MoM(Now Rank 9/Retired)

[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

^ Those were some nice fights, thanks BG for the fun tonight.

To those in the warg pack that mobbed up on afk people and others waiting for spars earlier tonight, I have one thing to say to you: May Sauron have mercy on your soul when I get my burglar friends to come and find you like you did to us.... but much slower and more painful
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sister3 View Post
    I just started PvPing here again for the first time in a while, and just from 2 nights of PvP it seems pretty evident to me what the problem is here on Firefoot. And this all may have been said before, I didnt read all the posts before this but whatever. Ive spent most of my PvP time in this game playing on this server, but have put in my share of hours on other various other servers, some i liked more than FF, some I didnt. The thing that seems to be the reoccuring theme on the servers where PvP is big and fun is that more than just 1 or 2 smaller groups of freeps/creeps are willing to fight. I played on Friday night and it was pretty good action, multiple small groups of freeps and creeps moving around the map and I was having fights in different places throughout the map. This was the most fun ive had on FF in awhile. I was saying to myself, "maybe the server has turned around while I was gone and itll be fun again", but then tonight, I saw that Firefoot was the same old thing that it pretty much always is.
    There was a warg pack of about 10-12 out, and they had no problem ganking the solos or small groups of 2-3, but when I joined a group of only 6, they tried to fight us once, got rolled and decided to sit in TA the rest of the night. The group I was in moved around the map, went to keeps, tried to keep the fight fair and fun, but we never saw them again unless we tracked at TA. This to me is why Firefoot PvP pretty much fails. Because when one side or the other gets a disadvantage, instead of trying to find more numbers and actually fight, they turtle up and sit in a keep.
    Later in the night though it got a little better when a group of about 6 Bad Guys players were roaming around and willing to fight in the open field and try to have some fun and competitive fights. Its always seemed to be a problem for this server, and I dont know why, but most people i see, if they get rolled or die once they either all log off or sit around TA/TA lawn and wont fight unless they have a mass number of NPCs on there side. Yes, there is always going to be those few guys who hug there rating, but this isnt CoD where people base your skill on your K/D. Every player that people think of as being a great PvPer on this server never cared about his rating.

Sorry for writing this short novel, but I was bored and decided id contribute to the thread.
    heard that.

That warg pack was deadly, I was scared for my life.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000ba6dc/signature.png]Badaxx[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdeath View Post
    understandable

Quote Originally Posted by anthonynathan View Post
    I would like to point out you guys are debating and fighting over about the least developed part of the game, and the fact the lotro is PVE...not PVP Based!

Okay I am done...Who has got the popcorn?
    Oh great....haven't ever seen this worn out excuse for not changing things.....

This whole thread just solidifies the reasons why I can barely bring myself to even log in this game anymore. I'm tired of beating the dead horse.....I'm just going to get a new one.

SWTOR can't come out soon enough.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000eb439/signature.png]Vittorio[/charsig] Bonkerz 65 Champion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast