We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Nail in the coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStryfe View Post
    Oh great....haven't ever seen this worn out excuse for not changing things.....

This whole thread just solidifies the reasons why I can barely bring myself to even log in this game anymore. I'm tired of beating the dead horse.....I'm just going to get a new one.

SWTOR can't come out soon enough.
    Sorry you must have confused me(and a majority of people here) for someone who cares about your person quandary, to bring yourself to the unbearable task of logging in.

As for horses, try these guys http://www.equine.com/index.html , Sorry about yours dying and all!
    Ganthore, 75 Hunter Rank 6, Forged In Flames
    Burgleking, 75 Burglar, Rank 7, Forged in Flames
    PurgePoison, 75 Weaver Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Restored, 75 Defiler Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Madeyes, 75 Reaver Rank 10, Immortal Warriors

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000026c504/signature.png]Purgepoison[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by -EdGeHiLL- View Post
    ^ Those were some nice fights, thanks BG for the fun tonight.

To those in the warg pack that mobbed up on afk people and others waiting for spars earlier tonight, I have one thing to say to you: May Sauron have mercy on your soul when I get my burglar friends to come and find you like you did to us.... but much slower and more painful
    Then leave me alone when I am trying to quest late at night! If you want to 1 v 1 don't announce it ooc because your just asking for a warg pack to swoop up and kill you all. I liked your failed attempt to stay alive and kite us all. I think the universal rule applies "When you are in the moors, no matter who you are, YOU ARE FAIR game, 1v1 or questing"
    Ganthore, 75 Hunter Rank 6, Forged In Flames
    Burgleking, 75 Burglar, Rank 7, Forged in Flames
    PurgePoison, 75 Weaver Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Restored, 75 Defiler Rank 7, Immortal Warriors
    Madeyes, 75 Reaver Rank 10, Immortal Warriors

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d01000026c504/signature.png]Purgepoison[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by anthonynathan View Post
    Sorry you must have confused me(and a majority of people here) for someone who cares about your person quandary, to bring yourself to the unbearable task of logging in.

As for horses, try these guys http://www.equine.com/index.html , Sorry about yours dying and all!
    Meh, merely stating how tired your comment is/was. The naysayers and those who are content with PvP as is will never change and the ones who want to change things will not change anyhting due to the opposing opinions about the zone and PvP in general. Present as many ideas as you want, they might catch for a night or two...then it's back to the same old FF. People have been trying to change the way things work in the moors for years. The one freep kin that I can remember that truly cared about PvP is no longer in this game on freep side anymore. Lotro PvMP is a dead horse....I'm sorry if you don't understand metaphor....

As for you caring about my discontent with the game....I could care less....
    So....we both don't care about each other....great...lets never speak again, in forum or in game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000eb439/signature.png]Vittorio[/charsig] Bonkerz 65 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CloudStryfe View Post
    SWTOR can't come out soon enough.
    http://www.shacknews.com/article/697...2-pvp-detailed
    [size=1][font=palatino linotype][COLOR="#797979"]Some ancient Italian maxim fits our situation, whose particulars escape me. [/COLOR]
    [/size][/font]

I think its kinda comical that the same people that have posted in this thread wanting even fights, 1v1's, etc... are the same people that have been running solos over with large groups the last few days. Hypocrisy at its finest.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000d3609/signature.png]Bubbaboom[/charsig]
    [url=http://www.blood-line.com][color=red][b]BloodLine[/b][/color][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Spacmanbobr View Post
    I fooled around on Silverlode on a greeny the other day, it's really not THAT much better. The only ways it is "better" is that the freeps are garbage (So that means all the creeps transferring there just want easy points), there actually is more action but it's still mostly zerg on zerg, and then in the 1v1s they'll let you 1v1 someone but then kill you at the end... so it's basically organized farming.

The only way PvP can be better on other servers is that it is more active with more numbers. So you just have a prime-time sort of action all the time, but it's really not any better (and you also can't make one side rage log from beating them so bad). The problem is with the way Turbine designed PvP in the game... it will never be all that great unless they unload a massive update on it, which Isengard still really isn't. However, it's still fun, and that's all that matters for me. Until SWTOR or GW2 come out...
    Space is right. Its about numbers. Ive played creep on 3 servers now, and while my opinion is generally thrown out because I am friends and a supporter of The Great Turks, I have spent alot of time in the moors lately and it seems to me that the numbers are always skewed one way or another.

8pm creeps got numbers and are rolling map like the freeps all had 200 morale. 11pm, freeps got numbers and are rolling the creeps.

Our issue is that we don't have enough people to have a creep zerg run into a freep zerg but maybe once a week and that only when we are lucky.

Population is FF downfall and it isnt something any of us can fix with complaining. Turbine made new servers while we were left to whither as a raid community and a pvp community.

I blame turbine and the overly annoying Gms for running veteran players out of ff.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

A reason why Firefoot pvmp is so fail, IMO, is because some people wont group when needed. Firefoot may not be as big as E, Brandy, or Landro, but ive seen multiple occasions where we have a #### ton out, but we are all just sitting on TA lawn, not grouped, staring at each other. Firefoot needs leaders to step up and start groups, roam the map, and take keeps. A second reason is because of zerging. Many larger pvmp kins and tribes are guilty of completely zerging the opposite side which results in them logging. We need those large kins and tribes to break into smaller groups if the other side doesnt have nearly as much. A third reason is because some people are afraid to die. Ive seen a lot lately, in fair fights, people run when they are about to die. IMO, thats sad. If you dont want to die then you shouldnt of come to the moors in the first place
    [center][color=blue][u]Rahgod[/u][/color][/center]
    [center]-[b]Revelations[/b]-[/center]
    [center][color=red]The Battlemaster[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by anthonynathan View Post
    I liked your failed attempt to stay alive and kite us all.
    I think you mean how I stood off against 10+ wargs and would have killed 3 of you if they didn't use hips and sprint to run away. 1v10 (if not more) and they run is fail IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite9 View Post
    Ive seen a lot lately, in fair fights, people run when they are about to die. IMO, thats sad. If you dont want to die then you shouldnt of come to the moors in the first place
    Well put. The whole I'm afraid to die thing is BS. Who cares who kills who, isn't that why we come out to the moors in the first place? Oh and those reavers who are using Dying Rage to run from fights to rob people of points when you are going to die anyway is real classy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Cool Re: Nail in the coffin?

With Firefoot being a pretty small community, it is always sad to lose players to other servers. I guess Silverlode will be the new ''Elendilmir'' for the time being, as in a lot of people will probably get excited about going there or moving mains or alts It isn't neccesarily a bad thing for them if they are truely unhappy where they are and need to move forward, and I wish them the best of fun. I hope the remainder of people who are still here but considering going to Silverlode will atleast hold off until the new x-pac has been out a few weeks or more. There is a chance PVP could get pretty interesting here - just trying to be possitive.

Anyway, Legs makes some good points without being a brat like some people are. Instead of complaining or scolding Firefooters, he points out some good things in a very well-mannered way. Now I personally never get upset even when fights are not fair and I lag out cus there's so many people attacking me! (I have a lame pc for gaming, LOL!) But I think it would make everyone on both sides happier if numbers could be more even, fights more fair, and more challenging! And also if people will start pushing and not be afraid to take a death. If you're not dying atleast a few times, I don't think you're pvping to its fullest and possibly missing a fun kill. Organization = success and more of a great time!

Firefoot however isn't entirely awful. There have been some great days/nights out there. It might not be as common as some of us would like, but I guess it's just the price of being on a small server. I however have no regrets playing on FF cus of the awesome friends I've made here. And I still manage to have fun.

But best of luck to everyone who enjoys this game as much as I do! Peace out!
    [URL="http://s624.photobucket.com/user/kristinhal16/media/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/kristinhal16/sig-lotrocopy_zps739e9343.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Legs, u've got class, but i'm still gonna kill you later.
    Kopecz, gz on being the 1st doosh to reply, i'm sure you've got lots of friends.
    Broodling & Ziir, stay gone plz, got enough loudmouth kids around me as it is.
    Ryvenclaw-Another class act, never heard you trash talk anyone, /respect, hope you like ur new home.

Opinions=bootyholes.....who cares?? Not me!!

Nothing's ever gonna change, kill or be killed, let the games begin!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100001233cf/signature.png]Smellybutt[/charsig]

I don't have alot of friends so thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000ba6dc/signature.png]Badaxx[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post
    Transfering off Failfoot was the best thing I ever did.

Do it... to pretty much anywhere else... and you will be much happier.
    Agreed. Leaving FF was a great change for me and my bro. In our case, the grass really was greener. I have no bitter feelings though. FF helped to form my small group and solo playstyles. I am forever in debt to my allies and opponents there. It really makes a difference, especially on higher pop servers where other players are used to zerging and raiding up.

I miss some of my old FF Friends and Foes, but most don't play there anymore or have transferred off anyway. Believe it or not, FF had its day, mainly back in SoA, when the action rivaled that of any server. I still think many of the players there are some of the best in the game and I will always have fond memories of the ol' FF and our good fights...

BTW Ziir...you need to give me word on plans for SWTOR. My Sith Marauder is looking to Guild up.
    [center]Landy: [b]Alphanova 3.0[/b] - R10 RK [b][i]Hitman for Mother Nature[/i][/b]
    Brandy: [b]Rotoreaver[/b] - R9 Reaver [b][i]Chop-N-Cleaver[/i][/b]
    Firefoot-Retired: [b]Alphazen[/b] - R9 Hunt*rd (MoM); [b]Spankdush[/b] - R6 Warg (SoA)
    [/center]

I think it very interesting to see how many people think that PvP here can't improve because of our server size.

http://www.surugi.com/lotrostats/?se...ar=2011&rank=3

We aren't the smallest, in fact the server that has been discussed in this thread, in general is the same size if not smaller.

"Good" PvP isnt' about server or population its about players. When enough players want it; it will happen. I could go into a rant on ethics and how we're all taught from day one to respect your opponent. I could rant on how having fun in a group oriented game is more than just making sure you're having fun, but in the end very few players on this server could give a **** so I won't waste any more of our time on it.

90+% of FF PvP play: Farm at TA/tr ress or get farmed anywhere else by groups who have no issue face-rolling other players.
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 24 2011 at 04:32 PM.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    90+% of FF PvP play: Farm at TA/tr ress or get farmed anywhere else by groups who have no issue face-rolling other players.
    So you advocate mercy towards the enemy? No thank you sir.

The Eye sees all.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    We aren't the smallest, in fact the server that has been discussed in this thread, in general is the same size if not smaller.

"Good" PvP isnt' about server or population its about players. When enough players want it; it will happen.
    Numbers can be skewed, as far as I know silver seems to be more active on the times I log in (7-12pm eastern).

I wouldn't say either server is ultimately better than the other and I am having fun atm switching between the two. I prefer zoning out by myself for the most part, not worrying about playing leader or following one, so 1v1s for me is where its at. I'm talking about the down to the wire, both at 1k morale fights where you could just as easily die as you could win. As it stands for the most part balancing is left upon the players to refrain from using their iwin buttons. Fights that are predictable or end up a wash isn't fun for me.

It would be interesting to see Turbine put out a second map w/o npcs and have the terrain more evolved and interactive to ebb the zerg. I would honestly like a giant maze to run through and whenever you die you spawn at the furthest point away that doesnt have anyone close to that immediate vicinity. However, even with a giant maze its left upon the players to reap what you sow.

Lol with cheese at the middle?

In all seriousness I agree with Amstel. Fights where both sides have chance of dying or living is where it's at, and it's great fun for everybody even those who are just watching. It is up to the players to make that happen.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3