We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nail in the coffin?

for those of you who arent yet aware, we have lost several of our higher ranked creeps recently. theyve all fled this server and moved over to silverlode where they have a very different mindset when it comes to pvp.

on silverlode (and brandywine) they have more than the massive zergballs of ranged classes and the ezmoder wargpacks. they have many,many players who wander around solo or in small groups looking for a different type of fight. ive seen on numerous occasions the zergball stumbling across the small groups/solo freeps and simply ignoring them and carrying on their way. now why do they do this? because there is no sport in 15v1.

if you enjoy playing in large groups with your friends then thats fine. but there are occasions when a large group of freeps is roaming about the moors and the creeps simply cannot muster the numbers to offer them any kind of resistance.so creeps are given no real option but to hide out in npcs or simply log out. this happens on both sides and it is killing our pvp.

why not break that group of 10 up into a few smaller groups of 3-4 and wander about? from my experience there is much more fun to be had in random encounters at tr hs with smaller groups than watching the stalemate at ta lawn.

i am solo 98.4% of the time and im sure youve seen me out there and are aware by now that i dont have a chance against your group of 3wl a defiler and 2 reavers. im talking to you IW . so why not let me pass or maybe even send your reaver at me alone? Firefoot could certainly benefit from a more "respectful" approach to our pvp. i dont enjoy getting ganked by the 6 of you and im sure you dont enjoy getting wiped by 15 taters. so lets try to even some of our fights up and maybe there wil be more fun all around

now im sure this post is going to get the usual cynical responses of,"you dont like it then leave!" or, "learn2groupnub!" and im sure i could list off all the likely names who will be responding in this manner but there is no purpose in that. if you like FF pvp as it is then thats great. for you. many of us dont and are desperate for some sort of change. there is a reason many of our more "skilled" and high ranked players have left.

so next time you see me running from tr rez to gta to lug rez,maybe dont send the zerg after me and have a single reaver/warg do the job. i know when im camping rez i allow the greenies to pass unharmed. except for an ambush followed by some groundrolling

oh and we have the freavers coming soon so lets give them a reason to stay. liven up the pvp a bit 'round here folks. i love you all.

cept friskyvenom. hes a punk
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

Re: Nail in the coffin?

its pvp. infamy is infamy on firefoot. On brandywine they can let those little groups go because they know that there are other people out there that they can fight. On firefoot it might not be the case so people kill each other when they can, no matter the numbers. Sucks for you then
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000ba6dc/signature.png]Badaxx[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Legs813 View Post
    Firefoot could certainly benefit from a more "respectful" approach to our pvp.

Here here, some very nice points made in this post. I second it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000000e1dcf/signature.png]Fraiser[/charsig]

Firefoot is so small this will never happen for a few reasons......

1-look at the bloody people your fighting on creepside now?(IW) lmao.....
    2-Actually no I think 1 pretty much somes it up.

I was on my freep today and was fighting a group with 4 WLS 1 Defiler agains 1 Champ 1 Captain 2 rks and 1 hunter. Im not going to mention any names of tribes or kins etc .......Immortal Idiots..........Revelations.

Now its ok its all good because I know why 4 WLS and 1 Defiler with there other dps classes of course ran from the river to the Rez......Because obviously Raithon was exploiting his rallying cry with that rally cry exploit(Doesnt even exist). FF will always be the server thats good when its good and bad when its bad. Firefoot will not be changed its full of ziirgers and complainers, usually the complainers are people who run around in giant raids and then die and complain that they are getting ziirged.....###?.........FF is the ziirg server, no respect, no challenges....the way turbine intended pvmp to be Lets be realy here this is a bad time for FF our forums can tell you that.. you dont even need to log in.

Broodling.
    Last edited by Bortsy; Aug 19 2011 at 02:54 AM.

Option 1 . Stay on FF get Zerged all the time struggle to get inf, get zerged more

Option 2. Transfer find good fights, rare npc hugging, great inf

Seems like a clear choice!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b68f6/signature.png]Seethreepeeo[/charsig]
    Eldroth~~~Clutch~~~~ Rank 7 ~~Gerbil King~~

This is old news, same thing happened back in 08. Fact of the matter is that firefoot always had one of the lowest populations out of all servers.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001bdd4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Transfering off Failfoot was the best thing I ever did.

Do it... to pretty much anywhere else... and you will be much happier.

Only thing going for it, is its where the "Ziirg" trademark originated.

You should rename it from Firefoot to "Ziir's Original Server" then it might get better cause people would actually wanna roll on here just to see where it all started.

Legs you should totally xfer your warden over here, this servers pvmp is right up your ally of play style.
    Let me put it this way, back when I was on FF I couldn't wait for gw2. Now I'm on silver I could care less about gw2!

PS I miss a lot of creeps and freeps from FF 1luv, hope to see you soon

I don't love pvp on ff, thats for sure.
    However, what i have noticed that drives me crazy is the people, freep and creep.... who will sit on bridge 10 deep, and do nothing when people try to counter roll the zerg ball.

I don't know if they are rating protectors or what, but its sad when 15 freeps cant roll 5 creeps because each freep is afraid to take a death.

Ive seen it on creep side too, stop being afraid to die and attack, itll be more fun.

Maybe we need more organized grouping, but as always, people only want to tab and get renown not group and actually roll the creeps.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Ebb and flow of PvMP. From what I have read, both Freeps and Creeps from various servers are still in search of greener pastures, even after transferring up to 4 different times. Often times they come back, sometimes they don't.

It's apparently about PvP and not points but who knows. Maybe I'll go back Creepside.
    Brittain. Fidel. KimJongIl.

Legs you have a good point and I have honestly been considering putting together a post myself about having small groups roaming around, unfortunatly the pvp mentality on this server is BROKEN... why is it broken, well somone already said it in this thread, people are scared to die for some odd reason I do not know.. honestly the zergs are not that bad what makes them bad is people will not put everything on the line for a good fight, its all about how many points can I get today when it should be about how many good fights can I get today. I dont know how many times ive been in a 1v1 and the person im fighting gets to like 2k morale and just starts to run, dont start the fight if you dont plan to finish it, heck dont log on if you dont want to acctually fight, or a 2v2 and one person dies the other person runs... its a fair fight you lost stay in it and have some dignity.. people doing stuff like having a 2v1 and the 2 people are kiting still... really this is necessary?? all that makes people want to do is ZERG the #### out of those people.. I know its a foreign concept but respect the people you pvp with
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

oh and we have the freavers coming soon so lets give them a reason to stay. liven up the pvp a bit 'round here folks. i love you all.

Yeah, that guy is a noob. He is so fail he should just delete his spider right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortsy View Post
    Firefoot is so small this will never happen for a few reasons......

1-look at the bloody people your fighting on creepside now?(IW) lmao.....
    2-Actually no I think 1 pretty much somes it up.

I was on my freep today and was fighting a group with 4 WLS 1 Defiler agains 1 Champ 1 Captain 2 rks and 1 hunter. Im not going to mention any names of tribes or kins etc .......Immortal Idiots..........Revelations.

Now its ok its all good because I know why 4 WLS and 1 Defiler with there other dps classes of course ran from the river to the Rez......Because obviously Raithon was exploiting his rallying cry with that rally cry exploit(Doesnt even exist). FF will always be the server thats good when its good and bad when its bad. Firefoot will not be changed its full of ziirgers and complainers, usually the complainers are people who run around in giant raids and then die and complain that they are getting ziirged.....###?.........FF is the ziirg server, no respect, no challenges....the way turbine intended pvmp to be Lets be realy here this is a bad time for FF our forums can tell you that.. you dont even need to log in.

Mephitic.
    WTH do you know about firefoot pvp, you are just some rank 13 noob spider on silverlode, get off our forums!

[center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000161d09/signature.png]Friskyvenom[/charsig]
    [size=-2][B][I]Evandar[/I][/B], Hunter, [Color=Cyan]Rank 9[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evansil[/I][/B], Rune-Keeper, [Color=Cyan]Rank 7[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandazi[/I][/B], Champion, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color] ~ [B][I]Evandove[/I][/B], Lore Master, [Color=Cyan]Rank 4[/Color][/size]
    [size=-2][B][I]Friskyvenom[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 10[/Color] Spider ~ [B][I]Friskyorcling[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 7[/Color] Reaver ~ [B][I]Friskypuppy[/I][/B], [Color=Red]Rank 6[/Color] Warg ~ [B][I]Friskyfungi[/B][/I], [Color=Red]Rank 5[/Color] Defiler[/center][/size]

Not another firefoot pvmp doomsday thread! This one must be true!

OMG! SEVERAL HIGH RANKED CREEPS LEFT PVMP!? FF PVMP IS DONE FOR UNLESS WE REPENT OUR WAYS!

Actually no, its not and I don't feel like it. Less high ranked creeps? Less High ranked ziirg balls. Albeit some of the more pvmp focused kins will be mighty upset, now they don't have ANYONE, or by your words, A LOT worth their salt to fight. If you wanna solo fight or small group fight so incredibly badly set something up in the forums, through vent, or by some other means. Otherwise expect Roaming death balls killing everything in sight because, we simply don't have nearly the numbers as other servers when it comes to pvmp. So that ideal small groups all over the place will never happen. Want better pvmp? find more people and point them to the FF server.

And while your out on the other servers do something akin to "Come to Fire Foot! We have cookies for Freeps and Cake for Creeps!" Then once they join claim the creeps stole the cookies and the cake is a lie invented by the Freeps. Might just help.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000020e63/01001/signature.png]Sonosi[/charsig]
    The closer you are to the light, the farther your shadow reaches until all is dark and once more the quest for light begins anew.

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Legs you have a good point and I have honestly been considering putting together a post myself about having small groups roaming around, unfortunatly the pvp mentality on this server is BROKEN... why is it broken, well somone already said it in this thread, people are scared to die for some odd reason I do not know.. honestly the zergs are not that bad what makes them bad is people will not put everything on the line for a good fight, its all about how many points can I get today when it should be about how many good fights can I get today. I dont know how many times ive been in a 1v1 and the person im fighting gets to like 2k morale and just starts to run, dont start the fight if you dont plan to finish it, heck dont log on if you dont want to acctually fight, or a 2v2 and one person dies the other person runs... its a fair fight you lost stay in it and have some dignity.. people doing stuff like having a 2v1 and the 2 people are kiting still... really this is necessary?? all that makes people want to do is ZERG the #### out of those people.. I know its a foreign concept but respect the people you pvp with
    I agree, we need to find a way to get organized and get people to just fight to the death, cept on wargs, running is allowed.
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Re: Not another firefoot pvmp doomsday thread! This one must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoBird View Post

If you wanna solo fight or small group fight so incredibly badly set something up in the forums, through vent, or by some other means.
    what do you think im doing with this post..... i enjoy the spontaneous encounters and would love to see more of them

Otherwise expect Roaming death balls killing everything in sight because, we simply don't have nearly the numbers as other servers when it comes to pvmp.
    it has very little to do with numbers. its all in the attitude. which is why our pvmp is terrible most of the time.40 ppl camping ta lawn is as dull as 10 camping ta lawn.

you and others with a similar mindset are the reason our pvmp is what it is. you have resigned yourself to the pew pew suckfest and in doing so are responsible for perpetuating it.
    [[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/092020000003a72f3/signature.png]Legskindal-1[/charsig]

I wish you would all transfer so i can have some peace and quiet
    Ouijja
    Worst Warg Ever-The Warg Formally Known As Coringoldtagger
    Taredrahil 100 champ- Elhereth 95 hunter- Erme 85 Burglar- Felwynd 100 Warden
    Lailath 98 minstrel-Quija 100 Lore-Master- Yrandir 31 Runekeeper- Derilect 100 Captain

Seems like TR hotspot is starting to become the official sparring area lately. Just stand there and you will get tons of 1v1. Eventually you will get run over by a zerg but hey, it's Firefoot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000012830c/signature.png]Clieby[/charsig]
    Clieby - 75 Warden Rank 11 / Cliebo 75 Champion Rank 8 / Clieba - 65 Loremaster Rank 5
    Cliebi - 75 Minstrel Rank 5 / Cliebe - 65 Rune-keeper Rank 4 / Clieb - 65 Hunter Rank 3
    Cliebs - 65 Burglar Rank 1 / Cliebx - 65 Captain Rank 0 / Cliebu - 58 Guardian Rank 0

I fooled around on Silverlode on a greeny the other day, it's really not THAT much better. The only ways it is "better" is that the freeps are garbage (So that means all the creeps transferring there just want easy points), there actually is more action but it's still mostly zerg on zerg, and then in the 1v1s they'll let you 1v1 someone but then kill you at the end... so it's basically organized farming.

The only way PvP can be better on other servers is that it is more active with more numbers. So you just have a prime-time sort of action all the time, but it's really not any better (and you also can't make one side rage log from beating them so bad). The problem is with the way Turbine designed PvP in the game... it will never be all that great unless they unload a massive update on it, which Isengard still really isn't. However, it's still fun, and that's all that matters for me. Until SWTOR or GW2 come out...
    Last edited by Spacmanbobr; Aug 19 2011 at 01:46 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d010000277914/signature.png]Toiletwater[/charsig]
    [COLOR=GREEN]Spacemanbobr, Sithmanbobr[/COLOR], [COLOR=RED]Toiletwater, Spacemandef[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ChocoBird;5618969]OMG! SEVERAL HIGH RANKED CREEPS LEFT PVMP!? FF PVMP IS DONE FOR UNLESS WE REPENT OUR WAYS!

Actually no, its not and I don't feel like it. Less high ranked creeps? Less High ranked ziirg balls.

Its the low ranks that ziirg....The high ranks are usually always roaming with the exception of the bridge troll.

you and others with a similar mindset are the reason our pvmp is what it is. you have resigned yourself to the pew pew suckfest and in doing so are responsible for perpetuating it.
    Actually its not, actually the fact that their was not alternative because their few people who activly try to do something than ta lawn that are in the moors is why it's so terrible, which is why I stopped going out their. We simply don't have the shear numbers of people roaming because of that, we don't have the numbers of people what wont get destroyed by a skilled six-three man killing machine group or an annoyance to kill bubble warriors group. If everyone unanimously agreed to NEVER group up at Ta Lawn and roam all over the place then we could do it with what we have, but have they? Every doomsday thread for pvmp is the same, "STOP STAYING AT TA LAWN OR IN ONE PLACE!" but has it changed yet? No. Why? Because their is no one else to fight and the lure to just stay in one place and get some renown appeals to the many who are silent on the forums. I concede that just getting more people wont fix it, but it will help.

Just because the loudest tribes and kins on the server are the only ones that talk on the pvmp forums DOES NOT mean they are the only people out in the moors. If someone actively talked in the Freep and Creep ooc about roaming groups and that Ta lawn is not the place to be, perhaps evened opened their almost exclusive groups to pull people away, then maybe your problem is solved. If the people who are in the largest vocal opinion ACTUALLY WORK TOWARDS voicing their opinions to those who are silent perhaps there would be change, PERHAPS the moors would be a better place. Boycott the place in game, not in words on the forums ACTUALLY DO IT and it might change. Open up your vent or group for a battle or what ever the community decides to call them group.

When the people who want to change things actively work towards changing things THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE CHANGED. I don't care about pvmp, I just hate someone bashing the server without trying to fix things in action, not just words.
    Last edited by ChocoBird; Aug 19 2011 at 02:25 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000020e63/01001/signature.png]Sonosi[/charsig]
    The closer you are to the light, the farther your shadow reaches until all is dark and once more the quest for light begins anew.

Love this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiir View Post
    Transfering off Failfoot was the best thing I ever did.
    I agree with Ziir.

Actually its not, actually the fact that their was not alternative because their few people who activly try to do something than ta lawn that are in the moors is why it's so terrible, which is why I stopped going out their. We simply don't have the shear numbers of people roaming because of that, we don't have the numbers of people what wont get destroyed by a skilled six-three man killing machine group or an annoyance to kill bubble warriors group. If everyone unanimously agreed to NEVER group up at Ta Lawn and roam all over the place then we could do it with what we have, but have they? Every doomsday thread for pvmp is the same, "STOP STAYING AT TA LAWN OR IN ONE PLACE!" but has it changed yet? No. Why? Because their is no one else to fight and the lure to just stay in one place and get some renown appeals to the many who are silent on the forums. I concede that just getting more people wont fix it, but it will help.

Just because the loudest tribes and kins on the server are the only ones that talk on the pvmp forums DOES NOT mean they are the only people out in the moors. If someone actively talked in the Freep and Creep ooc about roaming groups and that Ta lawn is not the place to be, perhaps evened opened their almost exclusive groups to pull people away, then maybe your problem is solved. If the people who are in the largest vocal opinion ACTUALLY WORK TOWARDS voicing their opinions to those who are silent perhaps there would be change, PERHAPS the moors would be a better place. Boycott the place in game, not in words on the forums ACTUALLY DO IT and it might change. Open up your vent or group for a battle or what ever the community decides to call them group.

When the people who want to change things actively work towards changing things THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE CHANGED. I don't care about pvmp, I just hate someone bashing the server without trying to fix things in action, not just words.
    Whenever you open a group up the random people never listen and almost always somehow migrate back to TA/EC even when your yelling in vent that we are not going there, they go anyway... way too many mindless sheep who want nothing more than to see points go over their head and dont acctually want to pvp and the only reason they do that is there is this broken mentality that you need to survive to win, hence why so many freakin people bring ranged classes to the moors, its a easy way to get kills without getting killed... LAME..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000014f798/01001/signature.png]Thulock[/charsig]
    Token Pothead of Revelations
    Relish the Death and Bathe in its Glory

Quote Originally Posted by shibby5556 View Post
    Dying is winning blah blah
    I had to interrupt here, I don't play an EM ranged class out in the moors but I don't like dying either, its got nothing to do with my stars/skills or anything its my own personality. I like the renown but don't care if I sacrifice some of it by not dying. Go roll a ranged class and stay alive? No thank you, its in fact HARDER to survive on a champ out there than just go all out into a large group, die and say you accomplished something and don't care about deaths. If death is imminent, I make sure its hard for the opponent to kill me, as simple as that.

PS: I mostly solo so zerg, meh! who cares...know their location and know how to avoid them, awareness is key to survival.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000021f96e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I don't think people zerg because they are afraid to die, they do it so they can get kills. It's pretty hard to go 1 v 4 ect. Low rank creeps would get demolished if they tried to 1 v 1 a freep. It is however annoying to die on freepside when we don't own ta or lugz.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001bdd4e/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

why not break that group of 10 up into a few smaller groups of 3-4 and wander about? from my experience there is much more fun to be had in random encounters at tr hs with smaller groups than watching the stalemate at ta lawn.

TA lawn is usually the center of action in the moors (especially on lower population servers.)

The reasons why are very simple. First off it is between the 2 res circles. Freeps usually own TR and creeps usually own Lugz. Therefore, it is easy for both sides to get back into the fight asap if the fight is there.

Secondly, there are almost always fights there. Someone asked Jesse James why he robbed banks. His answer was, "Because that's where the money is." People go to TA because the other side is almost always there.

The main reason why people don't rove around in bands of smaller groups scouring the map for the opposition is because that takes a lot of time on a low population server like Firefoot. It takes long enough to rank up without having to wander around for 20 minutes trying to find someone to fight. Just for them to run around burning all their cooldowns and OOC your position to the other side. (Freeps and creeps are guilty of this one.)

People can say all they want, but when it comes down to it, you go where the fight is and get your points. It's as simple as that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0100000b96f9/signature.png]Caeser[/charsig]

"........Most of the time we are reading OOC and talking about water and cookies while on auto-pilot killing people who think EC is a safe haven." -Dachshund

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast