We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eclipse UI

Re: Eclipse UI

JuanD, send me an email, we'll figure it out.
    Author of Eclipse UI

Version 1.5 released.

Keep Eclipse UI updated with MMOUI Minion/LotROnion!
    Author of Eclipse UI

Supported resolutions are 1024x768 and up.
    I run 800x600 resolution and there is no way I can run higher without losing fps, will it be working so terribly?

Quote Originally Posted by Despotis View Post
    I run 800x600 resolution and there is no way I can run higher without losing fps, will it be working so terribly?
    The thing is, using the UI at a lower resolution than it calls for means that the layout will be messed up -- you'll have a lot of elements that are squished together since there isn't room for them, or in a place that's very odd, or some elements will simply be cut off because it goes 'through' the screen. It is possible to perhaps move the various elements around yourself and such with the in-game layout editor, but it will probably not fix all the issues you'd have.

Installed and have 2 issues.

1) While using 'Heavy', all toolbars are out of the picture except Bag 1 slot which is floating there.
    2) The clock is missing from the radar.

edit: found the clock
    Last edited by Despotis; May 23 2012 at 04:22 PM.

First off, I love this skin. Really, really nice job!

Secondly, I am wondering if there's any way of getting class portraits to show in groups. I am running 'Light X' and can't find anywhere in the code to reenable them. It makes it hard when forming groups to see what the current classes are, particularly if people are anon.
    [CENTER][FONT=verdana][I][SIZE=3]Shyma of Elendilmir[/SIZE][/I][/FONT][/CENTER]

Updated.

Turbine, stop screwing the skin with each update!
    Author of Eclipse UI

Heya, tried out your UI today and I like the difference it makes. I found a couple of problems though with the 1024x768 (maybe in others but 1024x768 is the highest I run). The character portrait in 'Heavy' has a clipped portion just below the actual portrait. The next part might be my error to find the right details but I can't change the toolbars on either side of the bottom UI from default (couple of pics I saw in your preview had them all straight and small).

Here's a pic.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6162/...shot00001w.jpg

Besides that I love the UI, keep up the work.

Edit: I also found that in the auction house listings, Bid and Buyout prices only show Gold. It seems Silver and Copper is cut off/covered by the scroll bar.
    Last edited by Sho86; Jun 12 2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho86 View Post
    Heya, tried out your UI today and I like the difference it makes. I found a couple of problems though with the 1024x768 (maybe in others but 1024x768 is the highest I run). The character portrait in 'Heavy' has a clipped portion just below the actual portrait. The next part might be my error to find the right details but I can't change the toolbars on either side of the bottom UI from default (couple of pics I saw in your preview had them all straight and small).
    There are two things that are natural to ask, considering the skin issues. Bear in mind though I'm also just a resent user of the skin, that loves what it did to the interface

Did you restart your game after selecting the skin?

Did you change the following line in the skin definition so that X="0"?

Code:
    <Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="2000" Width="1024" Height="200">
    My only problem is that one of the bag icons are still showing, though hopefully the author will have an update for that when he has time to look into it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000e80b/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

@Sho86: Please read the instructions how to make the UI work properly
    @MissAyanna: Thank you for pointing out the new slot on toolbar, v1.5.2 now fixes this
    Author of Eclipse UI

Smile Re: Eclipse UI

Quote Originally Posted by Shivega View Post
    @MissAyanna: Thank you for pointing out the new slot on toolbar, v1.5.2 now fixes this
    That is so awesome Shivega! it works wonderfuly -- thank you so much for updating this
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000e80b/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Indeed! Your UI is even better than I remembered. Much appreciated Shivega!

Ok...i may sound a bit &&&&&&...but is there any chance of using the map window feature on other skins too?
    I have eclipse UI for champ guard and burglar classes and i use brygards ui for the others and creeps

I tried to use the code from Eclipse xml (map window) pasted on brygards blue ui xml but is doesnt work

Am i doing something wrong or it cant happen?

Thanks in advance

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

I was crossing my fingers this would be updated for Rohan but alas. Thank you for your awesome work on the Eclipse UI though Shivega. Best UI EVER!

While super sad, its understandable too...

Cheers,
    Ayaella

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    Ok...i may sound a bit &&&&&&...but is there any chance of using the map window feature on other skins too?
    I have eclipse UI for champ guard and burglar classes and i use brygards ui for the others and creeps

I tried to use the code from Eclipse xml (map window) pasted on brygards blue ui xml but is doesnt work

Am i doing something wrong or it cant happen?

Thanks in advance
    You might have copied the wrong code or uncomplete,the code is this.

Code:
    Code:
     <PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_MapPanel">
     <Element ID="MapBackground"  X="0" Y="0" Width="1024" Height="768"> </Element>
      </PanelFile>
    It should work for any UI skin provided they dont have the same code as well,enjoy.
    [LEFT][SIZE=4][FONT=comic sans ms][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Brygard2009"][COLOR=#696969]------------------------------------------------My Youtube Channel----------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [IMG]http://s11.postimg.org/yiy6esbw3/Arken_Sn_H.png[/IMG]
    [/LEFT]

Quote Originally Posted by Bry2007 View Post
    You might have copied the wrong code or uncomplete,the code is this.

Code:
    Code:
     <PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_MapPanel">
     <Element ID="MapBackground"  X="0" Y="0" Width="1024" Height="768"> </Element>
      </PanelFile>
    It should work for any UI skin provided they dont have the same code as well,enjoy.

It was the same code and still it didnt work...until i pasted on the very first place you mention i your xml that any code should be pasted here

Pheew worked!ty

Bry looking forward for your skin update

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Sad to see the one UI to rule them all become discontinued. Thanks for the effort Shivega, your UI has improved my gaming experience a lot!

I'm really sad to find out that my favorite UI has been discontinued. Thank you very much Shivega, you did an awesome job, and I hope you will reconsider your decision some day. Good luck to you!

Greatest ui for Lotro I've ever seen.
    Very sad that it will have no future. Hope, you'll change your decision.

This amazing skin is still very usable for RoR -- all you have to do is adjust the mounted combat toolbar skin and the toolbar page button within the skin definition file.

For example, I like a minimalist look, so I have:

Code:
    <Mapping ArtAssetID="LetterBox_Bottom_mc"                     FileName="..\misc\null.tga" />

And my toolbar page button is located to the right of my toolbars -- keep width/height constant and simply adjust X/Y.

Code:
    <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page"                    X="990" Y="147" Width="26" Height="60"></Element>

This doesn't address some of the more advanced assets like the new style deed window, but for core functionality it still looks great.

I am so gutted this UI won't be further updated. It is the only one I have seen where the person who made it was intelligent enough to not simply just remove the useless buttons flanking the toolbar, but to also snip the XP bar and eliminate the text. So many UI's, like the JRR pack have removed the side buttons, but the XP bar still stretches out into this now empty void.

I am stunned how no other UI ever got rid of the XP bar as for the majority of an expansion we don't need to see how much XP we need to reach a level we don't have access to.

A real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
    This amazing skin is still very usable for RoR -- all you have to do is adjust the mounted combat toolbar skin and the toolbar page button within the skin definition file.

For example, I like a minimalist look, so I have:

Code:
    <Mapping ArtAssetID="LetterBox_Bottom_mc"                     FileName="..\misc\null.tga" />

And my toolbar page button is located to the right of my toolbars -- keep width/height constant and simply adjust X/Y.

Code:
    <Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot_Page"                    X="990" Y="147" Width="26" Height="60"></Element>

This doesn't address some of the more advanced assets like the new style deed window, but for core functionality it still looks great.
    I absolutely love this skin. Can you please go into further detail on where to add those lines?
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    I absolutely love this skin. Can you please go into further detail on where to add those lines?
    For the first one, just insert it under the original 'LetterBox_Bottom' asset assignment, which for the Eclipse UI is conveniently located at the top of the skin definition file.

The second one I put under the 'Toolbar_Quickslot' Element ID, which is just a bit down within the Toolbar section.

As far as I know, you can actually put those lines anywhere in the skin definition file, so long as they aren't commented out. As there are no existing references within the skin definition file to the new UI elements, you're simply appending these 'fixes', and LOTRO reads those lines like the rest of them.

If you're doing the second one by hand, keep in mind you have to manually place the x and y locations. Also keep in mind they're in reference to the ToolBarField Element ID, and not the top left corner of your screen. Leave the width and height as is -- those maintain the area needed by the art asset to correctly show. Feel free to PM me with any questions on that stuff.
    Last edited by Jamers; Oct 24 2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redvers View Post
    I am so gutted this UI won't be further updated. It is the only one I have seen where the person who made it was intelligent enough to not simply just remove the useless buttons flanking the toolbar, but to also snip the XP bar and eliminate the text. So many UI's, like the JRR pack have removed the side buttons, but the XP bar still stretches out into this now empty void.

I am stunned how no other UI ever got rid of the XP bar as for the majority of an expansion we don't need to see how much XP we need to reach a level we don't have access to.

A real shame.
    The reason that many UI devs don't mess with the main toolbar's design xml, is that as soon as you do, it makes the whole thing undock from the bottom of the screen. This leads you into having to have different setups for different display resolutions and long complicated instructions and it just sucks. The only "shame" is that turbine doesn't fix this bug.

Please Eclipse UI come back
    [font=courier][size=1]
    [color=#555]Aban - Rive - Luva - Teano - Mooi[/color][/font][/size]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast