We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can we has character trasnfers to crick please?

So i have a 65 champ on firefoot that i'd reeaaaally like to transfer over here. Im willin to shell out the 25 bucks, but crickhollow is closed to transfers. This to me, is rather stupid, because its not like crickhollow is brandy or el...u can ride through bree and see like two people. Is this the right place to make a request to open transfers to crick, or should i bring this to some other part of the forum?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000006c3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Can we has character trasnfers to crick please?

This seems more like it belongs in the Suggestions forum to me.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L85 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L81 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

Cool Re: Can we has character trasnfers to crick please?

Apollo, it mayne sometime till we can tranfer to this server from others, I think I remember a post talking about about maybe 2 years they may. But that was before F2P and they were asking for servers names.
    [url=http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php][img]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5803123Yshot.png[/img][/url]
    In Middle Earth from Beta 2

Whats the point? Why keep characters out? Its not like crick is just packed or anything...and its not like theres a lack of 65s (meaning my 65 champ would be like the king). There are tons of 65s...any ideas on why they would want to restrict transfers to crickhollow?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000006c3/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Killycal View Post
    Whats the point? Why keep characters out? Its not like crick is just packed or anything...and its not like theres a lack of 65s (meaning my 65 champ would be like the king). There are tons of 65s...any ideas on why they would want to restrict transfers to crickhollow?
    There is no point at this...err...point. It's a silly restriction now. I can understand why they did it at the start, but the restriction needs to be lifted now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000dccb/signature.png]Tux[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferthcott View Post
    Inflation.
    It would be more like Deflation.

Old characters with full bags of crafting goods would create more offer, not less.

Plus, things in Brandywine (where my original characters are at) are alot cheaper than in Crickhollow.

I hope they open up transfers. I really miss playing my Lore-Master...
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

You are correct, though if prices were about to drop, disproportion between global amount of gold and global value of goods would become even bigger and... unlike in reality - nothing. I guess terms like that are not fully applicable here.

That said, toons transferring to Crick are going to bring a lot of goods. And a lot of gold. What would be the generic incentive to craft and undercut? Can't see much of it, already rich. If we are talking about personal motivation instead, we can imagine "creating resellers' market" as easily as "lowering prices out of good heart". Prices on Brandywine didn't drop because of transfers - I assume it happened because of competition. And what a small group of rich crafters interested in becoming even more rich can do to competition on Crick?

Scenario above is rather abstract, economy is definitely not so vulnerable now. Though I wonder if that is the meaning of the word "maturity" Turbine used as an excuse to block transfers. If that level could be connected with the number of possible groups running new, vaunted RoI raid at the same time, we are still talking about "crying babe" level.

One thing RoI can bring into the equation - a new starting point. No transferring character is going to be 75 right off the bat, nobody will have end-game goods on-hand. And prices will fluctuate anyway. So... who knows... you might get your wish right when both servers are going to be in "leveling frenzy"
    Last edited by Ferthcott; Aug 19 2011 at 02:27 PM.