We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Show off your sweet Crib!

Part 2- Further exploration of the kinhouse:
    Will reveal the Library & Study room...

...and the High Office:

This concludes our tour of the Siege Breakers' kinhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainedTurtle View Post
    What is that banner in your yard, the one on the left?
    It's a lórien reputation item, "battle lórien standart".

Kragald: Very cozy kinhouse. It really feels like a real hunt lodge.

Thanks for the compliment, Turtle - the kin is roughly 5 months old, and we've owned the kinhouse for maybe ... 2 months now? I've lost track. It's a mixed kin, so that actually sounds about right when describing our kinhouse.

Only myself and one other kinmate have been decorating it - and since my character is the leader AND a dwarf, I just HAD to have a working brewery inside. The other must have item was the library - I'm quite proud of our kinhouse library, to be honest.

Sadly, at the moment my "Office" is quite plain - but then again, I'm a dwarf, I don't need much for an Office.

I'll definitely keep the forums here updated with future changes to the kinhouse!

Can someone direct me to a forum or give directions on how to take screenshots? Besides the actual function, how do I get rid of the UI? I would like to post some of mine but am not really sure how.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I love the bear in the reflecting pool. Since I'm new to Housing, I haven't discovered all the fun in "Special Furniture" placement!
    Last edited by happyending; Sep 01 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyending View Post
    Can someone direct me to a forum or give directions on how to take screenshots? Besides the actual function, how do I get rid of the UI? I would like to post some of mine but am not really sure how.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I love the bear in the reflecting pool. Since I'm new to Housing, I haven't discovered all the fun in "Special Furniture" placement!
    Press F12 to remove the UI, and also "N" to toggle off floating text. F11 or PrtScrn keys to print screen, which will save a raw screenshot to your "My Documents > The Lord of the Rings Online" folder.

Thank you very much! Will post some soon!

Welcome to 4 Stonemirk Street, home of Narmlin and [her] his many alts-er-friends!

It's a little hidden, but that's the way we like it!

I live with a couple of Hobbits, and boy do they love to eat!

This is the Main Room. How can they eat so much and yet still be thinner than me?

The Dwarves insisted on a trophy. The Hobbits were fine with that so long as there is plenty of drink.

(Cont.)

(part 2)

Here we have a lovely seating area. One of our Dwarves stitched those pillows himself! (They're not very comfortable.)

Here's our study for researching the various perils and lore of Middle Earth. The Elves keep putting up paintings to class up the place. As long as it stops them from complaining about the lack of sunlight. Bah!

Another view of the study. The bookshelf is mostly filled with cookbooks that the Hobbits bring to the house chef.

(Cont. Just one more - promise!)
    Last edited by happyending; Sep 01 2011 at 10:10 PM.

(Part last!)
    Here is where the (lore-breaking) magic happens!

One of our Elves painted the picture. She just stands in front of it all day and sighs. (Hmph! Elves.)

Another bookshelf. This one is filled with bedtime stories and picture books. (Note the fine craftsmanship on that candlestick there. Why, yes I did make that! Thanks for asking!)

Every bedroom should have a roaring fire, especially one under a snowy mountain!

Thanks for the thread idea! I just bought a house and am having fun with decorating it. As you can see, I still don't have a lot of the more interesting items. I can't wait for the next festival so that I can get some maps for the bare walls!
    Last edited by happyending; Sep 02 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Very nice...

One of our Elves painted the picture. She just stands in front of it all day and sighs. (Hmph! Elves.)
    Ha!

Thanks for the thread idea! I just bought a house and am having fun with decorating it. As you can see, I still have a lot of the more interesting items. I can't wait for the next festival so that I can get some maps for the bare walls!
    Though it's true that there is room for improvement in the housing system (see the petition thread), new homeowners like yourself without experience in other games with housing can find the joy in this. I love both my houses too, though there could be more hook variety...

I believe toons created since the F2P launch receive a "Russian-doll" gift box that eventually spits out a painting, so baby alts leveled to a certain point can help gain those wall decorations (to the detriment of scholars, most likely).

Thanks! I agree that since I am new, I still think it's a fun diversion. I definitely see the frustration from the community. I wanted to post here to add my voice to the numbers who actually use the system. It's one of the few reasons to grind rep in some zones. That alone should be worth it to Turbine

I forgot that if I start a new character I can get the doormouse or songbird because of the Moira pre-purchase. (I think that's where it was from.) Unfortunately, I have to save up points for another character slot. Oh, well.

If anyone reading this is on Elendilmir, several of my alts can make some of the decorations. I would be willing to make something for you if you ask. PM me here or in game, and I will tell you whether I can make the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragald View Post

Sadly, at the moment my "Office" is quite plain - but then again, I'm a dwarf, I don't need much for an Office.

I'll definitely keep the forums here updated with future changes to the kinhouse!

I love the idea of an office. We have a room in our kinhouse, at the top of the stairs with a fireplace, that I've been clueless on how to decorate. Perhaps I will turn the whole area into a waiting room/foyer and office.

Would love to see updates as you gather stuff to round out the kinhouse.

Thanks in advance!
    Also you can control lighting a little by toggling the personal lantern Alt F10, I believe. Might be shift or ctrl.

I also like to go into Options, graphics, and turn on Anti-Aliasing to max. It softens edges and makes everything look really nice. I have to turn it off to play though.

A Casual Stroll to Mordor has a few good guides on taking the best screenshots:
    http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/...-introduction/
    http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/...s-perspective/
    http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com/...icks-lighting/

Thank you, TT! I took one of the shots at "night" and then during the "day", the light got much too bright. I tried to change my brightness settings, but the pic came out the same every time. Now that I know how to take them, I will play around more.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainedTurtle View Post
    I love the idea of an office. We have a room in our kinhouse, at the top of the stairs with a fireplace, that I've been clueless on how to decorate. Perhaps I will turn the whole area into a waiting room/foyer and office.

Would love to see updates as you gather stuff to round out the kinhouse.
    The Bree-land and Falathlorn kinhouses have nearly identical floor plans, where the upper floor is concerned, anyway. The elves took the gentle, spiral staircase option whereas humans decided to use 2 seperate landings to get to that upper floor. Since I had to buy the kinhouse, and wanted it to be in Bree-land to begin with due to it being "centrally" located, I had also decided I would need an "Office" - so that's what the upper room became.

Fortunately, those pictures are saved on my kin website (I've been through 2 formats in the past month, losing ALL pictures! ) I'll take more pictures when I can, and next time I'll be sure to make the pictures a little bit bigger. As far as the kinhouse yard goes, about the only thing that will be changing when I can find them will be that huge "Ruined Stone Dais" (Bree-land rep decoration) with either a regular Stone Dais (no clue where that's found at!) or maybe a Stone Gazebo...UNLESS the Stone Tower is an enormous decoration(which I believe it is!), in which case that's going there! I'll probably be replacing some of the flowerboxes/garden items with statues, too...just none of those elven ones!

As to making your own office: Well, I'm sure you know to check the various neighborhood furnishers for wallpapers/flooring+paints, plus you can craft different pieces of furniture...the way you set it up will be up to you. Only advice I'll ever offer is don't forget seating arrangements. I prefer the wooden armchairs from Bree, personally (since the furnisher at Thorin's Halls doesn't offer Stonework Armchairs! ) That upper floor could also be used as a "bed chamber"...IF you're into that kind of thing haha! (Again, I personally feel "beds" belong in personal houses, and not in my kinhouse, at the very least!)

4 Roaring Road, Skeggroff, Silverlode. Home of Hildewyn. If you want to come poke around, the house is kept open to the public at all times.

The first thing you see on entering the lot is this snowy scene:

I really like the lamp where it is. It reminds me of Narnia.

Here's what you see on first entering the house:

Some detail shots of the room:
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nShot00606.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nShot00615.jpg

The bedroom:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nShot00608.jpg
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nShot00612.jpg

The study:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...nShot00610.jpg

I wish I could get a grassy yard, but I love my house, neighborhood, and neighbors so much it's not worth it to relocate.

This house took me a full year of festivals plus crafting and rep hunting, but I think the results are worth it.
    Last edited by SailorVee; Sep 22 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Aaand it's not finished yet, but I felt like my vanity kinhouse was worth posting a few pictures of.

The banquet room:

Sitting room:

Study:

Thanks for sharing! I like your use of color. We would be neighbors, if we were on the same server. This thread inspired me to make some changes. I'm now at 6 Roaring because it's more interesting. Yeah, it cost a bit more, but I think the snow is lovely, and the decorations show up better. It also made me change things around on the interior. It's making rep grind more interesting because I at least have something to show for it at the end.

I also noticed that people left their doors open, and I think I might do that as well. I like rewarding people for being nosy.

Thanks! I really spent a lot of time swapping out wallpapers, floors, and colors so I'm glad it all finally came together!

One of my kin friends is at 6 Roaring in my 'hood. We bought our houses at the same time in specifically the same neighborhood. If he hadn't wanted 6, I might have gone for it. It's a better location but I kind of enjoy my house being all cozy and nestled away behind that wall. Another kinnie is at 3 Roaring and a fourth one has a vanity kinship at 5. My kin basically owns Skeggroff in Silverlode.

It makes me want to use brighter colors. Which green is that for the kinship house room?

I like that you guys took over an entire neighborhood. I think that a new one just opened up on my server. We might try that!

SailorVee, your house is very cozy looking! I like how you've managed to brighten up the dwarf home, it's so hard to make then not look drab.

The green is, I believe, teal. It's whichever color comes from the Lothlorien rep vendors.

I'm glad the coziness comes across. My inspiration for my personal house was a place you would come into from the cold. I also wanted it to work as a base of operations for all my toons so nobody would feel out of place.

I also just bought myself a standard elf house on my other account to use as a summer vacation spot. Because I needed more things to decorate.

I'm at 1 Waterbank Road in Mithuinan, Falathlorn, on the Windfola server. And I quite like what I've done with my elvish homestead. The door is always open to welcome visitors!

Exterior:

Entry hall (follow me!):

Side room looking out:

Side room peeking in (oh hello there...):

... continued in next post...

... continued from previous post...

The guardians at the bottom of the staircase:

My cozy firelit bedroom:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast