We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When are we getting the promised housing revamp?

In a letter from Kate Paiz on janurary 31 2013 she wrote:
    Housing – I am extremely pleased to say that this year we will be tackling a major revision to the Housing system. In February and March we will be gathering information about how Housing should change, and then we’ll be releasing revisions to the system in the latter half of the year. We look forward to leveraging our new Player’s Council to help shape and guide the extension of this feature!

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...nline%E2%84%A2

We are still waiting and the year is quickly comming to an end.

i can't find the post but sapience has said that will be addressed after HD is released with 'plans' to still release it before year end. it was also stated it's not a total re-design but more along the lines of 'tweaking'.

Quote Originally Posted by goldensilence View Post
    i can't find the post but sapience has said that will be addressed after HD is released with 'plans' to still release it before year end. it was also stated it's not a total re-design but more along the lines of 'tweaking'.
    Can't say I am surprised. They continue to let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    It's become our fault for not seeing the pattern, honestly. I'm only going to get excited about features once they're in the game from now on. Getting proactive about my own disappointment is the only way to control it -- I can't do anything about Turbine.

Ifai remember its been said that it will be in the first update after HD. But its mostly a touchup as I understand, not a total revamp (cba to search for Saps post).

The Prancing Pony, usually I'm drunk in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedojh View Post
    It's become our fault for not seeing the pattern, honestly. I'm only going to get excited about features once they're in the game from now on. Getting proactive about my own disappointment is the only way to control it -- I can't do anything about Turbine.
    I do not remember a quote or article stating that the housing update would be released at the same time as Helm's Deep... I remember them stating, "During Helm's Deep."

Technically, from the time Helm's Deep is released to the time the next Expanion is released, it is still considered, "During Helm's Deep."

Just like we are still in Riders of Rohan.
    Did everyone get a bugged signature? My BB code doesn't work anymore

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raedojh View Post
    What pattern?

Plans change. You should always make it a habit to not get hyped up over something little information has been given on. I've not heard much at all from Turbine in regards to Housing outside of there will be changes. It's the community that hypes up a single line and gets everyone else excited.If Turbine flatout said "We're gonna have a major revamp of housing and it will be out by X date!" I'd agree that it's bad on Turbine's part if they failed to deliver. The fact is, housing has been overhyped by a few community members based on one line written by a dev saying there would be an overhaul.

I think the word that they're going with now is "revision." Whether it's a light revision or a drastic one, that is yet to be determined...

Well they did start it already with the new rent payment system and by evicting lots of deadbeat owners so that was a start

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    Well they did start it already with the new rent payment system and by evicting lots of deadbeat owners so that was a start
    True. That was a major change. Though I'm sure since it's not directly affecting their house, the complainers won't count that.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless.one View Post
    I love the new rent system, it is an awesome change! Also.... by evicting deadbeat owners, I'm sure it made a lot of people happy. I know quite a few people that were wanting to have thier kinships all live in the same area, they might be able to do that now.

As far as we know it's still slated for the end of 2013.

I recall reading in a dev twitter chat crafting stations might make it into housing.

Sapience has also announced the much requested "movable hooks" are outside the scope of the update. So that's what we're not getting.

I'm hoping for a number of things, some more likely than others:

Tier: hopefully and shouldn't actually be a load of work but heh, what do I know?
    - mirror housing item
    - conversion of several other housing and yard items with artwork already in game to user placable housing items, including these 'themes':
    - crafting themes (smithy, kitchen, handcrafts)
    - battle themes (armory, training)
    - tweaking of some of the Hytbold furniture
    - right placement
    - /sit able chairs
    - fill them Rohan kegs with ale
    - additional storage (where there's 1 chest or 2 or 3, an extra one shouldn't be a hassle)
    - additional music (I'd like Chance Thomas' excellent work in my house)
    - bugfix of the property guards so 'permission to use decorations' works for them too

Tier: hopefully, but it might be loads more work than I think
    - mannequins - they're in game but they'll need an interface etc.
    - extra rooms including cellar, tower room
    - kin stable
    - redefining of the categories of hooks into wall (previously: large + small wall), floor (previously: large, small, floor, special), ceiling and yard (previously: small, large, huge).
    - more hooks in houses and yards (that's all hand work btw, anything that involves hooks will have to be done manually for each house per neighborhood).
    - various styles of tables together with /sit able chairs in several sizes. There's tables and there's chairs but there's very little combinations of those.

Tier: amaze me
    - anything the devs can think of that promotes interaction between characters in neighborhoods

Quote Originally Posted by BackAgainAndThere View Post
    I think the word that they're going with now is "revision." Whether it's a light revision or a drastic one, that is yet to be determined...
    Actually, the producer's letter used the word "revision" to announce a housing update. Of course, she said "major revision", and there will likely be considerable disagreement between Turbine and players on what "major" means. From their viewpoint, abandonment/payment changes, more storage, more music, and crafting stations might be "major". Lots of players won't agree with whatever they do unless it basically means "revamp".

Khafar

There is only one thing they need to do, to make a "revision" an astounding smashing success.....no more hooks (DC online already did it with their housing). if thats all they gave us, a hook-less system where if i have space i can place it, i would be happier then a country hog in fresh wet slop.....

My suggestions

-More Chest
    -Allow bound items into chest.
    -No limit on furniture
    -Furniture anywhere
    -Basements
    -No crafting stations. I believe they kill communities and towns.
    -Create a chat channel that speaks to all housing neighborhoods. Or add the channel for all neighborhood within a race...I.E.-Bree Homesteads works with all Bree neighborhoods.
    -Swift travel "to" and "from" housing per stables.

The housing suggestion I would like to see most in LOTRO is....

Add more housing in towns and hubs. Rent houses in the High Stair of Bree. Lodging in Rivendell. Rentable places in Celondim, Thorin's Hall, and any town in the Shire. HI would like to rent a house in Lothlorien, Rohan, or Stangard. I think more housing in major cities would make more sense.

They should look to Everquest 2. It is the epitome of housing.

Tweaking could mean more then you think. But they will continue to let us dream, there for set ourselves up for disappointment. Tell us now and let the griping be over with by release lol.
    Not sure about a complete revamp, to much predilection to disaster

I wouldn't expect a revamp to go smoothly. Could take months to get it sorted, and that may be being optimistic.

Tweaking could be more hooks, or gaining things like private stables. Who knows? Well some one does and I wish they would drop us a bone.

Sorry to say it, but the housing revamp will fall in line with many other revamps they attempted to do ... remember the reputation one that ended with the Eglain in Lonelands and never progressed beyond since the launch of F2P?

Would be like someone promising you a delicious home cooked hamburger and giving you one they just heated in the microwave.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

I hear Rift has some nice housing . . .
    Silverlode refugee

I'd still like to know what their intentions are as far as tweaks. They know what they are trying to do, as long as we realize they would just be telling us what they would like to, but may not actually accomplish. I see no reason why they couldn't at least give us a hit of what their plans are.

Sapience stated once upon a time that it would be AFTER the launch of HD, but still within the realm of 2013.

I'd venture to guess some changes will come with HD, be they minor or major, and some will come afterwards.

We'll probably get more than we expected, but less than we wanted.

Edit:

Just saw this:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...24#post6946424

Q30: SpongedarkSquarepants: Will we hear any new info on the housing update before the release of Helms Deep?

A30:HoarseDev: We have some of the early bits in (changes to house inventory). We are prototyping more features and will continue to develop and add to live. Housing work is going to come in phases.
    Last edited by Kaynith; Oct 04 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynith View Post
    Sapience stated once upon a time that it would be AFTER the launch of HD, but still within the realm of 2013.
    It's a little hard to see how that works, just from a scheduling standpoint. HD arrives mid-November, and they'll almost certainly be fighting a few fires (and doing a few patches) by mid-December. Nothing meaningful ever gets done between mid-December and New Years. If HD had shipped in September, I could see a housing update in December, but I'm guessing that'll actually come Jan/Feb 2014. But hey, if coming later means more development... I'll take later.

Khafar