We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    between the heavens and the underworld, bka Middle-Earth!

Red face Confirm Emote Deeds

Alluring(/flirt), Fire Breather(/cheer), Harassed(/beg), Helpful(/thank), Hero(/bow), Infuriating(/angry), Naughty(/scold), Ridiculed(/mock), Sword Salute(/salute), and Intimidating(/flirt; /cower), are the deeds I've completed, any and all NPC's counted, even by emoting to air counted, just that they are done, so far as I've seen!

Insulted(/rude) and Juggler(/laugh) will take me some time to confirm as both are limited to 6/day and total 200!

I do not believe all the deeds can be acquired this way, with massive emote spamming I should have completed all the 100 and less deeds but have not, possibly I'm using the wrong emotes, doubt it as it is your list direct from the tracker!

Other of these emote deeds seem to be limited to player interaction, giving and/or receiving, and as a casual, I'll never get them!

I pray this helps your confusion some! When I got the deed with the snow beasts I hadn't been emoting much so it caught me by surprise, 100 cheers took over a year to complete this way, so if it was a bug it has been in the system, at least, since ROI was released!

Turbine has inserted data like this before, not saying anything, or anything useful, about it and letting the player base figure it out, i.e. the horseshoe!

Red face Further Confirmation: Emote Deeds

Last Night while doing my Hytbold dailies on my main I stopped in Cliving and achieved the deeds; Befuddling(/confused), Beloved(/kiss), Dull(/bored), and Victorious(/surrender) by doing the emotes in the vicinity of the Dressage quest, not the mounted guy, but a wandering horse nearby! *yes I kissed a horse* as previously stated ANY NPC, even non-bipeds!

So the last, for me, to confirm now is both the 200 emote deeds! I pray this helps for all the good work you do!

Question Prized Algraig grey/white eligibility bug?

The Prized Algraig mount line seems to be bugged in regards to the grey-ed out boxes for ineligible characters. On the Reputation sheet, my characters in columns D-I are kindred with Algraig (characters in columns C, J, & K are friend or less), but the on the Mount sheet, the Prized Algraig line shows columns C-H as eligible (white boxes) while I, J, & K are greyed out. I'm guessing this is a case of column-shifting in the function that translates Rep level to white/grey eligibility indicators.

No idea if other lines on the mount tab are affected, or if it's just the Algraig. (Most other rep mounts look correct; my character in column C has very few rep factions at Kindred level, while the character in column D has most at Kindred. Algraig is the only one that stands out as incorrect, but that's hardly thorough testing.)
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the bug reporting tool or type /bug in-game!*
    *no rants please

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoeskr View Post
    Both titles, "Exemplar of Song" and "Mentor of Song" are listed as Minstrel only. While "Mentor of Song" is greyed out for non-Minstrels, "Exemplar of Song" has the same background as all titles that come from deeds for example. That's why I think this quest is counted for Number of titles, which is 88 for a Champion that has every title available, but the number of his Completed titles is 87.
    You are right here - and very perceptive Thank you - I will fix it.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclerepairman View Post
    Ah! Finally something I still am right on! Most of my alts are Kindred with most factions. Still ony column C and D are all white as are rows 38 and 40. For example, 7 of my alts are Kindred with Dunland but still only column C and D are white. I have filled in the reptab as well so its not something Ive forgotten. This goes through the entire repmount section.
    Thank you - I decided to remove the greyed-out functionality since some mounts can be bought in the store regardless of reputation anyway

Quote Originally Posted by UnoMuyLoco77 View Post
    Alluring(/flirt), Fire Breather(/cheer), Harassed(/beg), Helpful(/thank), Hero(/bow), Infuriating(/angry), Naughty(/scold), Ridiculed(/mock), Sword Salute(/salute), and Intimidating(/flirt; /cower), are the deeds I've completed, any and all NPC's counted, even by emoting to air counted, just that they are done, so far as I've seen!

Insulted(/rude) and Juggler(/laugh) will take me some time to confirm as both are limited to 6/day and total 200!

I do not believe all the deeds can be acquired this way, with massive emote spamming I should have completed all the 100 and less deeds but have not, possibly I'm using the wrong emotes, doubt it as it is your list direct from the tracker!

Other of these emote deeds seem to be limited to player interaction, giving and/or receiving, and as a casual, I'll never get them!

I pray this helps your confusion some! When I got the deed with the snow beasts I hadn't been emoting much so it caught me by surprise, 100 cheers took over a year to complete this way, so if it was a bug it has been in the system, at least, since ROI was released!

Turbine has inserted data like this before, not saying anything, or anything useful, about it and letting the player base figure it out, i.e. the horseshoe!
    Thanks a lot for your testing. I think I'll change the note on the emotes with a disclaimer that it's not 100% sure when it counts when doing the emotes yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    The Prized Algraig mount line seems to be bugged in regards to the grey-ed out boxes for ineligible characters. On the Reputation sheet, my characters in columns D-I are kindred with Algraig (characters in columns C, J, & K are friend or less), but the on the Mount sheet, the Prized Algraig line shows columns C-H as eligible (white boxes) while I, J, & K are greyed out. I'm guessing this is a case of column-shifting in the function that translates Rep level to white/grey eligibility indicators.

No idea if other lines on the mount tab are affected, or if it's just the Algraig. (Most other rep mounts look correct; my character in column C has very few rep factions at Kindred level, while the character in column D has most at Kindred. Algraig is the only one that stands out as incorrect, but that's hardly thorough testing.)
    Thanks for this. Yes, it seems to have been bugged somewhat, but I am removing the greying-out in the reputation mount tab in next update, which should make it less confusing

Update 1.7.3:
    2013-01-31

Get updates through Twitter.

Download

New:
    • Rhovanion/Moria Central Halls: Added new deed: “Discovering Adventures in Zelem-melek”
    • Titles/Deed: Added “Explorer and Adventurer” connected to “Discovering Adventures in Zelem-melek”.
    • Titles/Social: Added “Inn League Member” and “Inn League Senior Member” titles and a note that they are replaced as you progress with the quests.
    • Virtues: Added Zeal connected to “Discovering Adventures in Zelem-melek”.
    Fixes:
    • Instances/Shadows of Angmar: Fixed autocompletion error with the Fornost deeds.
    • CRE/Social: Fixed notes on all emote deeds.
    • CRE/Race: Fixed automcompletion errors with the race of Hobbits.
    • Rhovanion/Moria: Fixed automcompletion errors with several Moria deeds.
    • Titles/Crafting: Fixed Armourer and Armsman titles, since they were switched.
    • Titles/Quest: Fixed sum of total titles when you're not a minstrel.
    • Titles/Quest: Fixed notes for all level 50 quests (were listed as 45).
    • Titles/Quest: Fixed order of level 15 and 30 minstrel quests.
    • Titles/Quest: Alphabetized for consistency.
    • Virtues/Fidelity: Changed “Quests of Nud-melek” to give Fidelity in stead of Idealism.
    • Mounts/Reputation: Fixed name of “Prized Mahogany Bay” steed to “Mahogany Bay”
    • Mounts/Reputation: Removed greyed-out areas since they were bugged and some can be bought in store regardless of reputation.
    • Emotes: Fixed an error allowing any value to be entered in the white cells.
    • Emotes: Fixed notes on all emote deeds.
    Download

Thanks for another great update! Keeps getting better with every update
    If I'm not mistaken there are a few things still missing:
    1. Tree-herder title (Its from completing the Eaves of Fangorn questline)
    2. Thane of Hytbold title (From rebuilding Hytbold)
    3. Thane of the Eastemnet title (Also from rebuilding Hytbold)
    4. Hobby horse (A rare drop from the yule festival)

And is the Fornost - Deadmen's Dike deed still available? Never seen the deed before...

Other than that it looks great!

Late to party here, is there a plain text version I could print out and highlight on?

Quote Originally Posted by ceoligar View Post
    Thanks for another great update! Keeps getting better with every update
    If I'm not mistaken there are a few things still missing:
    1. Tree-herder title (Its from completing the Eaves of Fangorn questline)
    2. Thane of Hytbold title (From rebuilding Hytbold)
    3. Thane of the Eastemnet title (Also from rebuilding Hytbold)
    4. Hobby horse (A rare drop from the yule festival)

And is the Fornost - Deadmen's Dike deed still available? Never seen the deed before...

Other than that it looks great!
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll be sure to check the tracker for these and implement them.

I hadn't heard about the hobby-horse drop from festival. Was it from daily gift boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cakellene View Post
    Late to party here, is there a plain text version I could print out and highlight on?
    No, there's no plain text version. I guess you can use an online document viewer such as http://www.viewdocsonline.com/ and copy paste from that if you really want a plain list. I have no idea how well that would work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll be sure to check the tracker for these and implement them.

I hadn't heard about the hobby-horse drop from festival. Was it from daily gift boxes?
    The hobby horse was a pretty rare drop from the gift boxes. Have only seen one from a friend who got quite lucky getting one.

Also found 4 other missing titles.
    1. The Standard of Hope
    2. Pure-heart
    3. First Defender
    4. Shield of the Free People
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../veterans1.jpg
    Found the screenshot in an old thread from a few years ago.
    These aren't available anymore and I guess only few players got one of these. You could only choose one if you were rank 10 before 1 nov. 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by ceoligar View Post
    The hobby horse was a pretty rare drop from the gift boxes. Have only seen one from a friend who got quite lucky getting one.

Also found 4 other missing titles.
    1. The Standard of Hope
    2. Pure-heart
    3. First Defender
    4. Shield of the Free People
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28.../veterans1.jpg
    Found the screenshot in an old thread from a few years ago.
    These aren't available anymore and I guess only few players got one of these. You could only choose one if you were rank 10 before 1 nov. 2011.
    Thank you for this info. I never knew about those titles (or hobby horse drop) until now I'll add to my next update.

Do you by any chance know if the Hobby-horse is placed in the "Exclusive Steeds" tab in the mount window?
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Feb 15 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Do you by any chance know if the Hobby-horse is placed in the "Exclusive Steeds" tab in the mount window?
    I can confirm the Hobby-horse is in the Exclusive Mounts category.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the bug reporting tool or type /bug in-game!*
    *no rants please

I see you corrected the Nud-Melek quest virtue, however I noticed "Quests of Zelem-Melek" also give Fidelity in your tracker!
    Quests in Nud-melek = Fidelity, this is correct, for now!

Quests in Zelem-melek = Innocence, not Fidelity!

Sorry for being a royal pain! Perfectionists are hard to please, as am I!

Glad for all your hard work on the tracker, I just don't have the patience to take it from the paper to the PC, like you!

God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by banjolier View Post
    I can confirm the Hobby-horse is in the Exclusive Mounts category.
    Thank you

I see you corrected the Nud-Melek quest virtue, however I noticed "Quests of Zelem-Melek" also give Fidelity in your tracker!
    Quests in Nud-melek = Fidelity, this is correct, for now!

Quests in Zelem-melek = Innocence, not Fidelity!

Sorry for being a royal pain! Perfectionists are hard to please, as am I!

Glad for all your hard work on the tracker, I just don't have the patience to take it from the paper to the PC, like you!

God Bless!
    Thank you I really appreciate it since I want the tracker as correct as possible

Emote Deed Update!

It can now be officially confirmed ALL emote deeds can be obtained from spamming the emotes on random NPC's! I completed the 200 emote deeds the other day this way, completing all the emote deeds!

However we need 2 volunteers to test player-to-player emote spamming! No more than 40 days, having fresh avatars, 1 player emote spams the other daily, to test whether the spammer and the recipient complete the deeds or if it's just the recipient!

Any results reply here in the completionist tracker forum for Whiteberry to see! Thanks for your help in advance!

It can now be officially confirmed ALL emote deeds can be obtained from spamming the emotes on random NPC's! I completed the 200 emote deeds the other day this way, completing all the emote deeds!

However we need 2 volunteers to test player-to-player emote spamming! No more than 40 days, having fresh avatars, 1 player emote spams the other daily, to test whether the spammer and the recipient complete the deeds or if it's just the recipient!

Any results reply here in the completionist tracker forum for Whiteberry to see! Thanks for your help in advance!
    A kinmate and I wondered on our own if player-to-player emote spamming earns both players the titles, so we've actually got a decent head start on this. Neither of us have previously earned any emote titles, and in order to be 'scientific' about it we picked emotes that we didn't previously use much, if at all. She's spamming me with 2 emotes (/beg and /confused), and I'm spamming her with 2 other emotes (/flirt and /scold). We've been at it for a little over a week, spamming nearly every day. I'll let you know if we both get all 4 titles (or not!). Be back in a few weeks when we complete our 100 emotes.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by andrealibs View Post
    A kinmate and I wondered on our own if player-to-player emote spamming earns both players the titles, so we've actually got a decent head start on this. Neither of us have previously earned any emote titles, and in order to be 'scientific' about it we picked emotes that we didn't previously use much, if at all. She's spamming me with 2 emotes (/beg and /confused), and I'm spamming her with 2 other emotes (/flirt and /scold). We've been at it for a little over a week, spamming nearly every day. I'll let you know if we both get all 4 titles (or not!). Be back in a few weeks when we complete our 100 emotes.
    Thanks for this. I believe the player-to-player emotes have been confirmed quite solidly by many people, including myself. However, it is only recently that player-to-npc emotes have been tested and verified

Thanks for this. I believe the player-to-player emotes have been confirmed quite solidly by many people, including myself. However, it is only recently that player-to-npc emotes have been tested and verified
    Oh, I must have overlooked the info about to whom titles are conferred in player-to-player situations! Well then, I have nothing novel to report *backs away sheepishly* xD
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I noticed this at the Yule festival snow beasts and the "Dressage" NPC in Cliving, but didn't realise it worked on *all* NPCs. I actually bug reported it since I thought it was a bug on those particular NPCs.

Can you confirm that it works on normal NPCs as well - not just the ones that have quests to do emotes to them? And does it work when doing it to players as well? Thanks
    Player-to-Player Emote Spamming is noted in the above question, asking whether the spammer completes the deed when emoting other players, this is what is needed to be truly tested!

I just ran across this the other night. It's going to take me a while to go through and get everything marked for all of my characters (8 on my main account, half of them 60+, and 6 on F2P/Premium accounts), but I'm loving it so far! And I love that it uses OpenOffice rather than Excel.

A couple of minor bugs I've found.

First, on the Setup page, all of the instructions indicate a 5 character limit for names, but if you type a name that is too long, the error message indicates 3 characters. I'm guessing that a previous version limited names to 3 characters and the error message never got changed.

Second, on the CRE tab, it's missing (from the Social panel in-game) "The Adventures of Floid and Dewitt". It's a somewhat obscure deed, so I can see missing it... you have to find them for the first time to get the deed to trigger, and they're in some pretty out-of-the-way places.

Third, and this may not be a bug, it may just be me being tired and not being able to find it, but I can't seem to figure out where to mark the deeds for completing x tasks. (Go-Getter, Up-and-Comer, Busy Bee) The titles are there, but can't be marked directly, and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to mark them. I would've thought the Rep tab, since that's what panel they're on, but I don't see them?

Quote Originally Posted by NerissaGoldenrose View Post
    I just ran across this the other night. It's going to take me a while to go through and get everything marked for all of my characters (8 on my main account, half of them 60+, and 6 on F2P/Premium accounts), but I'm loving it so far! And I love that it uses OpenOffice rather than Excel.

Thank you - I'm happy you find it useful and I always appreciate feedback :)

First, on the Setup page, all of the instructions indicate a 5 character limit for names, but if you type a name that is too long, the error message indicates 3 characters. I'm guessing that a previous version limited names to 3 characters and the error message never got changed.

You are right - I'll fix the tooltip for this with next update.

Second, on the CRE tab, it's missing (from the Social panel in-game) "The Adventures of Floid and Dewitt". It's a somewhat obscure deed, so I can see missing it... you have to find them for the first time to get the deed to trigger, and they're in some pretty out-of-the-way places.

The deed is actually there under CRE/Social/The Adventures of Floid and Dewitt. It is possible that it has changed location in the in-game deed log since I added it, so I will check that for next update if it should be moved.

Third, and this may not be a bug, it may just be me being tired and not being able to find it, but I can't seem to figure out where to mark the deeds for completing x tasks. (Go-Getter, Up-and-Comer, Busy Bee) The titles are there, but can't be marked directly, and I can't figure out where I'm supposed to mark them. I would've thought the Rep tab, since that's what panel they're on, but I don't see them?

The deeds themselves are located like the in-game ones under CRE/Reputation - at the very bottom.

I hope this helps, and feel free to give more feedback if you find bugs or have questions.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast