We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 361
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    I just updated it again on another computer from 1.7.6 to 1.8.1 this time and I can tell that closing/opening document doesn't help. I noticed that this time Shire deeds didn't show as completed on all my 7 toons which completed them all and was marked "mark all as completed", 9 another Eriador deeds on my first toon and 1 on second also 5 deeds in Rhovanion tab on my first character. I think it wasn't the same as first time I was updating.
    In updater program there was many lines like this:
    Can't find row in target:70008
    I don't know if it's normal or not.
    I found another bug as well: in class tab, column I for Burglar deeds doesn't count for completed, voided and completion rate (rows 61-63). I think it may be worth to check every class in each column for that since it's new tab...
    Next one: I can't find war steed in mount tab in 1.8 version...
    Oh, and I miss more precise totals, I enjoyed each decimal increase in overwiev tab. Now I have to finish many deeds to increase a whole 1% :P
    Of course I understand it's better for those who has problems viewing it.
    '

    Thanks again for this

    1. I will try to find a way to get the mark as completed working properly. It's a bit of a thorn in my side since it gives problems other places too, so will try to figure out a smarter way of doing it.
    2. The error messages when updating are normal. The explanation (if anyone is interested) is that each line has a unique number and since I moved the class deeds to a different tab (and new numbers), it no longer finds the deed lines in the old tab, hence the error messages.
    3. I will look at each of the totals and check that they are calculated correctly.
    4. I removed the war-steed section since I had a mind of adding the war-steed cosmetic bundles in stead and then I changed my mind. The verdict is still out on whether this belongs in the tracker or not
    5. I think I will add more precise totals to the overview tab, but not the rest of the tabs, since I can expand the columns more in the overview, so that everyone can see it.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Dec 25 2013 at 02:54 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim92 View Post
    Thanks for the update! :D

    I am having a problem under the tab "Reputation" -> "Rhovanion".
    It says the total number of reputations is 72, but I can only find 70. I also counted all, and I still can't find the last 2.
    This leaves me with 97% completed in "Rhovanion" and 99% completed total, instead on 100% on both.

    I like the new EB tab, but when am I to say I have completed it? I would guess only platinium medals count.

    Great work! :)
    Thank you for this :) Much appreciated.
    1. I will check the totals/counts and fix this :)
    2. You can add it as you wish. Personally I put an x when I finished each challenge with platinum - and w when working on finishing it with platinum. See below answer too.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsim92 View Post
    I think you should also add the main missions under the EB tab, as it is possible to get platinium medals on all side quests and still not get platinum on the main mission.
    This is a good idea - I will add that.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks again for the update Whiteberry! So many deeds and titles... Doubt many people are close completing every single one of them but oh well... Another year to try completing them all...

    I found some more rare titles that you don't have in your deedtracker yet. These titles can't be acquired anymore so only few people have them I think. Turbine gave them to players at the RL event Connect08 in 2008.
    - Pillar of the Community
    - Greeter of Kin
    - Worldly Traveler

    Also Conquerer of the Towers and Conquest of the Towers are both in the Ettenmoors deed tab. Conquerer of the Towers is a title you get rewarded when completing the deed Conquest of Towers so I think it should go to the title tab.

    I hope you keep going this year because this really helps many players!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001c643d/signature.png]Ceoligar[/charsig]

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762

    Update 1.8.2

    Update 1.8.2:
    01-01-2014

    Download

    OBS: Please make sure to enter additional character information in the 'Setup' Tab.

    Sheet Changes:

    • Setup: Added gender specification (for correct title assignments). Please enter additional character information.
    • Setup: Added kinship specification (for correct title assignments). Please enter additional character information.
    • Deeds: Added auto-completion to all meta deeds. They are now marked green in the deed tabs and will no longer need filling out.


    New:

    • CRE/Epics: Added 'Volume III. Book 11: Foreword'
    • CRE/Reputation: Changed 'Ambassador to the Elves' and 'World-renowned' to be added automatically from reputation.
    • Titles: Moved titles that need to be entered manually to the top of each section for easier overview and filling in.
    • Titles: Added greyed-out cells for crafting, racial and class titles when not applicable to the current character.
    • Titles: Removed Ranger Offensive titles, since they have been removed from game.
    • Titles: Changed the following titles to be specific for each class. Some of these will need to be reentered by users:
      • - [class] of Victory in Lórien
      • - Victorious [class] of the Sword-halls
      • - Eglan-mender/soldier/guard/vanguard/defender/provider/sage/stonespeaker/warden

    • Titles: Changed the following titles to be specific for each gender. Some of these will need to be reentered by users:
      • - Fisher-king/Fisher-queen
      • - King of the Mountain / Queen of the Mountain
      • - Master/Mistress over Fear
      • - The Glacier King / The Glacier Queen
      • - Watchman / Watchwoman
      • - Lord / Lady of Streams
      • - Father / Mother of [player name]
      • - Son/Daughter of [player name]
      • - Hero / Heroine of the Lost
      • - Lord / Lady of the Shattered Chain
      • - Master / Mistress of Stairs
      • - Hero / Heroine of the Ashen Wastes
      • - Lord / Lady of the Ashen Wastes
      • - Lord / Lady of Fangs
      • - Hero / Heroine of the North Downs

    • Titles/Kinship: Changed the following titles to be specific for kinships, genders and ranks:
      • - Founder/Father/Einior
      • - Kinsman/Kinswoman
      • - Leader/Lord/Tûr/Chief/Master
      • - Officer/Seneschal/Caun/Voluntary ###. Chief/Provost

    • Mounts/Reputation: Added greyed-out cells for reputation mounts where reputation is not yet achieved to get the steed.
    • Epic Battles: Added an 'Entire Battle' row for each Battle.


    Fixes:
    • Setup: Fixed error where the number of characters shown was not transferred to new versions.
    • Overview: Fixed overview tab to show more detailed percentages.
    • Instances/Shadows of Angmar: Corrected 'Tham Mírdain' to 'Barad Gúlaran' in notes for 'The Minions of Wisdán'
    • Classes/Burglar: Fixed an error in completed/voided deeds and calcs.
    • Reputation/Rhovanion: Fixed error in total deeds.
    • Mounts: Moved 'Prized Isengard Great' from Reputation to Deed tab (where it is located in-game).
    • Epic Battles: Fixed error in voided totals.
    • Misc: Fixed a bug in updating the miscellaneous items. Some fields will have to be reentered by users (Attribute Enhancements).
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoligar View Post
    Thanks again for the update Whiteberry! So many deeds and titles... Doubt many people are close completing every single one of them but oh well... Another year to try completing them all... :)

    I found some more rare titles that you don't have in your deedtracker yet. These titles can't be acquired anymore so only few people have them I think. Turbine gave them to players at the RL event Connect08 in 2008.
    - Pillar of the Community
    - Greeter of Kin
    - Worldly Traveler

    Also Conquerer of the Towers and Conquest of the Towers are both in the Ettenmoors deed tab. Conquerer of the Towers is a title you get rewarded when completing the deed Conquest of Towers so I think it should go to the title tab.

    I hope you keep going this year because this really helps many players!
    Thank you! I will add/correct these with next update :)
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11
    Are you sure the ranger offensive titles are missing? I can confirm that the deeds are missing in my deedlog but I still have the titles (at least Ally of the Free People title)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001c643d/signature.png]Ceoligar[/charsig]

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoligar View Post
    Are you sure the ranger offensive titles are missing? I can confirm that the deeds are missing in my deedlog but I still have the titles (at least Ally of the Free People title)
    Oh, that is interesting. I know I removed the deeds themselves some time ago and I thought I had forgotten to remove the titles too. Perhaps I left them on purpose because the titles were still active! I'll have to look into it, thanks
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  9. #309

    Question The Updater

    Hey,

    I'm having some problem with the updater for the tracker. When i hit the Update button i got the following error:

    Time: 2014-01-03 15:21:27
    Modal Name:frmMain
    Procedure Name:F_TreatOne
    Error Number:429
    Error Discription:ActiveX component can't create object
    Added Discription:Position:2

    I'm looked all trough my Task Manager but couldn't find anything openend that's related to open office. In Source File i placed the 1.8.1 version (desktop), the template file is the 1.8.2 version (documents). The Target folder is placed in My Music. Is this the right way?

    Thanks in advance,

    Nabu

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabu8700 View Post
    Hey,

    I'm having some problem with the updater for the tracker. When i hit the Update button i got the following error:

    Time: 2014-01-03 15:21:27
    Modal Name:frmMain
    Procedure Name:F_TreatOne
    Error Number:429
    Error Discription:ActiveX component can't create object
    Added Discription:Position:2

    I'm looked all trough my Task Manager but couldn't find anything openend that's related to open office. In Source File i placed the 1.8.1 version (desktop), the template file is the 1.8.2 version (documents). The Target folder is placed in My Music. Is this the right way?

    Thanks in advance,

    Nabu
    Thanks for the kind words. The 429 error is indeed when an instance of Open Office is running already or its processes are. The items you should look for in Task Manager are soffice.bin and soffice.exe.

    If none of these are running, I am not sure what could be the problem. Everyone I have helped with the 429 error have had some Open Office process running. Things you could check are if you are using the newest Open Office version - or at least the minimum requirement. I would also suggest trying to reboot if it persists and start the updater without having opened Open Office first.

    Please let me know if you figure it out.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jan 03 2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  11. #311
    Thank you for the new version, Berry!

    A few thingies I noticed (under pie crumbs):

    CRE: marking Epic as completed leaves out Volume III Interludes, Part One and Part Two
    Class: no sums for "All chars"
    Lore-master: Skill Deeds marked Tier 4 count for marking "Class Deeds - Tier 3"
    Lore-master: Skill Deeds marked Tier 7 also are used for marking "Class Deeds - Tier 4"
    Warden: Skill Deeds with exception of those marked Tier 7 do not mark the correct Class Deeds
    Rep: Clicking on Westemnet Master of the Scholar's Guild does not fill all lower ranks, for Eastemnet Master this works
    Title: "Deed" I count 173 instead of 175
    "Quest" I count 171 instead of 174
    "Slayer Deed" I count 64 instead 66 (male/female)
    "Slayer Deed - Beast" I count 38 instead of 39 (male/female)
    "Slayer Deed - Orc-kind" I count 34 instead of 35 (male/female)
    Friend of the Wild belongs to Quest, not Social
    Virt: The Number of Virtues seems too high for Charity(23), Confidence(18), Empathy(21), Honour(21), Idealism(20), Innocence(23),
    Loyalty(15), Mercy(20), Tolerance(19), Valour(20), Zeal(22); numbers in brackets seem right to me
    Travel: the 9th character's obtained skills are not counted for "All chars"
    EB: no sums for "All chars"
    Misc: marking Attribute Enhancements as completed leaves out Agility: Rank 9, Fate: Rank 9, Might: Rank 9, Vitality: Rank 9

    The Title of your document under Properties - Description is still "Berry's Completionist Tracker v1.5"
    Quests in Class are added to Deeds, so the deed total number does not correspond with the number you see in game
    I think my Champion got the Class Trait Point for level 58 Class Quest, but not the Title "Invincible", probably because he didn't do the last optional quest.
    Mount: Why is "Prized Helmingas" greyed out?
    EB: When trying to copy over from one to another character for Glittering Caves, Helm's Dike and The Hornburg it says that the cells already contain data. Why is that?

    And here a list of targets, which I found spelled slightly different in game than in your tracker:
    Insta
    - Discovery: Northcotton Farm

    CRE
    - Consume Consumables -- Specimen Jars: Gross Bugs
    - Consume Consumables: Applications of 'Coveritol'
    - Consume Consumables: Potent Bird-seed
    - Consume Consumables: Spider-legs
    - Fireworks: Master Firework-launcher
    - Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 1
    - Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 2
    - Frostbluff Flower-petals -- Tier 3
    - Honoured Yule-friend - besides I think this deed can no longer be achieved
    - Spring is Dandy
    - Cartographile -- Eriador
    - Cartographile -- Moria
    - Fire-breather
    - The Shadows of Angmar - Part II

    Class - Lore-Master
    - Proof against all Ills
    - A Well-Ordered Mind [Quest]

    Eriad
    - The Ruins of Bree-land
    - Section "Shire"
    - The Life of a Bounder (advanced)
    - The Life of a Bounder (final)
    - Of Glories Long Past (advanced)
    - Tales of the Lonely Road (advanced)
    - Deeds in the Wilderness (advanced)
    - Deeds in the Wilderness (final)

    Rhova
    - Quests of Great River
    - Spider Slayer (Advanced)

    Title
    Deed
    - Eyes Against The Enemy
    - Traveller of the Anduin [not Wanderer of the Anduin]
    Quest
    - a Light from the Shadow
    - Song Warrior
    - Well-ordered Mind
    Social
    - Pie-eating Champion
    - Ale Association Member
    - Farmer-friend
    - Feast-beast

  12. #312
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. The 429 error is indeed when an instance of Open Office is running already or its processes are. The items you should look for in Task Manager are soffice.bin and soffice.exe.

    If none of these are running, I am not sure what could be the problem. Everyone I have helped with the 429 error have had some Open Office process running. Things you could check are if you are using the newest Open Office version - or at least the minimum requirement. I would also suggest trying to reboot if it persists and start the updater without having opened Open Office first.

    Please let me know if you figure it out.
    I finally found it! I switched my Open Office version from the Dutch one to the English one. I don't know if the Dutch version is bugged, but with the English version it works smoothly.

    Thanks for your fast reply and your hard work,

    Nabu

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoeskr View Post
    Thank you for the new version, Berry!

    A few thingies I noticed (under pie crumbs):
    <snip>
    Thank you for this. You have no idea how helpful this is to me! Here are my comments (v1.8.3 is being tested these days):

    Fixed 1.8.3. CRE: marking Epic as completed leaves out Volume III Interludes, Part One and Part Two
    Fixed 1.8.3. Class: no sums for "All chars"
    Fixed 1.8.3. Lore-master: Skill Deeds marked Tier 4 count for marking "Class Deeds - Tier 3"
    Fixed 1.8.3. Lore-master: Skill Deeds marked Tier 7 also are used for marking "Class Deeds - Tier 4"
    Fixed 1.8.3. Rep: Clicking on Westemnet Master of the Scholar's Guild does not fill all lower ranks, for Eastemnet Master this works
    Fixed 1.8.3. Title: "Deed" I count 173 instead of 175
    Fixed 1.8.3. "Quest" I count 171 instead of 174
    Fixed 1.8.3. "Slayer Deed" I count 64 instead 66 (male/female)
    Fixed 1.8.3. "Slayer Deed - Beast" I count 38 instead of 39 (male/female)
    Fixed 1.8.3. "Slayer Deed - Orc-kind" I count 34 instead of 35 (male/female)
    Fixed 1.8.3. Friend of the Wild belongs to Quest, not Social
    Fixed 1.8.3. Travel: the 9th character's obtained skills are not counted for "All chars"
    Fixed 1.8.3. EB: no sums for "All chars"
    Fixed 1.8.3. Misc: marking Attribute Enhancements as completed leaves out Agility: Rank 9, Fate: Rank 9, Might: Rank 9, Vitality: Rank 9
    Fixed 1.8.3. The Title of your document under Properties - Description is still "Berry's Completionist Tracker v1.5"
    Fixed 1.8.3. Quests in Class are added to Deeds, so the deed total number does not correspond with the number you see in game
    Fixed 1.8.3. I think my Champion got the Class Trait Point for level 58 Class Quest, but not the Title "Invincible", probably because he didn't do the last optional quest.
    Fixed 1.8.3. Mount: Why is "Prized Helmingas" greyed out?
    Fixed 1.8.3. EB: When trying to copy over from one to another character for Glittering Caves, Helm's Dike and The Hornburg it says that the cells already contain data. Why is that?
    Fixed 1.8.3. The listed spelling/typing errors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoeskr View Post
    Warden: Skill Deeds with exception of those marked Tier 7 do not mark the correct Class Deeds
    I have had a look at several different resources now and can't find the errors you mention. Unfortunately Warden is the only class I can't check personally. I did find a single error, but any details you could give me would be great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatoeskr View Post
    Virt: The Number of Virtues seems too high for Charity(23), Confidence(18), Empathy(21), Honour(21), Idealism(20), Innocence(23), Loyalty(15), Mercy(20), Tolerance(19), Valour(20), Zeal(22); numbers in brackets seem right to me
    I think it is because you are counting the number of virtues. Some of the virtues award 2 virtue points (listed in 'amount' column to the right). Perhaps this is why?
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jan 05 2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  14. #314
    Hello Berry,

    Thank you for reacting so kindly to my reports. Oh, and I saw you mentioned me in your Tracker :-)

    You are totally right about the virtues. I only counted the lines, not considering that sometimes 2 points are awarded.

    I checked the Warden again and found that only for the 9th character the Skills do not mark the right Tiers.
    For Tier 4 a wrong mark is taken into account in all rows. But I guess that's the single error you found already.

    Best regards,
    Ratatoeskr

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Update 1.8.3:
    2014-01-06

    Download

    I have gotten a lot of great feedback on the last versions, thank you everyone, so I decided to make another update. This should be the last one until the next content/festivals etc. come :)

    Sheet Changes:
    • General: Removed the 'Mark as completed' option in all sheets. It has not been working properly (due to me not wanting to have macros in the sheet) and has caused hours of headaches that I want to avoid ;) It has especially been an issue when updating the sheet – where 1) it created a lot of errors and 2) it marked new version deeds as completed as well, causing some confusion. I realise this change will be inconvenient to some users – at least the first time it has to be refilled.
    • General: Added colour marking for cells that have x or z in them for easier overview of which deeds/cells are completed and missing.


    New:
    • Setup: Added PvMP ranks to setup sheet (used for mounts)
    • Titles/Deed: Added 'Hammerhand' title from the 'Let's Take the Hornburg' quest.
    • Titles/Social: Added 'Pillar of the Community', 'Greeter of Kin' and 'Worldly Traveler' from Connect08.
    • Mounts/Promotional: Added 'Steed of the Red Dawn'.
    • Mounts/Exclusive: Added 'Steed of the Snow-beast'.


    Fixes:
    • All sheets: Fixed a number of missing and incorrect 'All Char' totals (right column).
    • All sheets: Fixed a number of errors in totals (in Titles in particular).
    • Classes: Fixed Totals to not count quests (only deeds).
    • Classes/Lore-master: Fixed issues with Class Deed Tiers not using the correct deeds.
    • Classes/Warden: Fixed issues with Class Deed Tiers not using the correct deeds.
    • Ettenmoors: Removed 'Conquerer of the Towers' since it's a title, not deed. Title is located in Titles/Slayer Deed.
    • Reputation/Crafting Guilds: Fixed issue with lower tiers not being marked when Westemnet tier was marked.
    • Mounts/Reputation: Fixed an error that didn't update the Helmingas steed greyed out cells.
    • Titles: Fixed a number of deed-bound titles that were not linked to the correct deed (Shadows of Angmar in particular).
    • Titles/Events: Re-added Ranger Offensive titles, since the titles are apparently still active although deeds have been removed.
    • Titles/Quests: Fixed level 58 class quest titles to not be auto-bestowed, since the titles depend on the (now) optional quests in Moria. Need to be entered manually now.
    • Titles/Quests: Moved 'Friend of the Wild' to Quest section in stead of Social.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    76
    Thanks for update. Fortunately I removed my mark all as completed cells earlier so it wasn't inconvenient for me
    I noticed 1 annoying error though: in tab Title->Social on my 3rd char I see now #ARG! in number of titles row (E1048 cell). As a consequence I see the same in completion rate, all rows in titles overview on this char, moreover in overview tab and "all chars" there are all 0 now...
    I'm not sure what happened, it worked good at least till version 1.8.1 and I don't see anything unusual in Title->social tab on this or any other toon. Clearing my manually entered deeds there doesn't help.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    Thanks for update. Fortunately I removed my mark all as completed cells earlier so it wasn't inconvenient for me
    I noticed 1 annoying error though: in tab Title->Social on my 3rd char I see now #ARG! in number of titles row (E1048 cell). As a consequence I see the same in completion rate, all rows in titles overview on this char, moreover in overview tab and "all chars" there are all 0 now...
    I'm not sure what happened, it worked good at least till version 1.8.1 and I don't see anything unusual in Title->social tab on this or any other toon. Clearing my manually entered deeds there doesn't help.
    Hi there and thanks for the feedback. What class/gender have you put for your 3rd char? That might help me figure out what has happened. Also, are you using the English/American version of Open Office? Thanks
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jan 08 2014 at 05:39 AM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    76
    I checked that everything was good also in 1.8.2. It is male dwarf minstrel. I can send you my spreadsheet if that can help (but I don't know your email).
    Honestly I'm using LibreOffice 4.1 Polish version, but everything worked so far...

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    I checked that everything was good also in 1.8.2. It is male dwarf minstrel. I can send you my spreadsheet if that can help (but I don't know your email).
    Honestly I'm using LibreOffice 4.1 Polish version, but everything worked so far...
    Yes it should work in Libre Office too as far as I know, so I think if you send me the sheet that would make it easier. My email is in the 'Info' tab under 'Feedback'. I'll have a look at it then :)
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    I checked that everything was good also in 1.8.2. It is male dwarf minstrel. I can send you my spreadsheet if that can help (but I don't know your email).
    Honestly I'm using LibreOffice 4.1 Polish version, but everything worked so far...
    I tried opening your filled out sheet and the formulas work there, so it must be something that either Libre Office or your language setting is doing that I'm not aware of. Since I can't see what exactly is causing the problem I can't change it, I'm afraid.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  21. #321
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    70
    Thanks for the update!

    Suggestions:

    - Add completion rate to the PvMP Ranks
    - Make it count towards the total
    - Move it to the Ettens tab

    - Add levelling
    Reach level:
    1
    2
    3
    (...)
    93
    94
    95

    Just my personal suggestions. It's completely up to you.
    Simsim of Evernight

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    I tried opening your filled out sheet and the formulas work there, so it must be something that either Libre Office or your language setting is doing that I'm not aware of. Since I can't see what exactly is causing the problem I can't change it, I'm afraid.
    I did some tests, which took me several hours but I can say that:
    LibreOffice works exactly the same in english and my language, probably because it's the same program/download, and all languages are included in it, you can switch to english if you installed it during installation. So in this program I see #ARG or #VALUE (english) errors as I mentioned earlier. Besides that I see 0 (zero) in all tabs column L (All chars).
    I installed also OpenOffice 4.0.1 English and polish language pack after that. In this program there are no errors but I still see all 0 in L columns just like in LibreOffice which is obviously wrong.
    I tried to update my previous 1.8.2 again with OpenOffice installed but I had the same error as Nabu with updater. Switching user language to English in OpenOffice didn't help so I uninstalled it and installed again without language pack. Updater worked fine after that but the result is the same (0 in L columns).
    Could you please look once more to my sheet because something is still wrong in OpenOffice english version...
    I hope those informations may be helpful for some users.
    PS. Is it normal that update process takes more than an hour on decent computer? I wonder what is it doing with 0.5MB file...

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    I did some tests, which took me several hours but I can say that:
    LibreOffice works exactly the same in english and my language, probably because it's the same program/download, and all languages are included in it, you can switch to english if you installed it during installation. So in this program I see #ARG or #VALUE (english) errors as I mentioned earlier. Besides that I see 0 (zero) in all tabs column L (All chars).
    I installed also OpenOffice 4.0.1 English and polish language pack after that. In this program there are no errors but I still see all 0 in L columns just like in LibreOffice which is obviously wrong.
    I tried to update my previous 1.8.2 again with OpenOffice installed but I had the same error as Nabu with updater. Switching user language to English in OpenOffice didn't help so I uninstalled it and installed again without language pack. Updater worked fine after that but the result is the same (0 in L columns).
    Could you please look once more to my sheet because something is still wrong in OpenOffice english version...
    I hope those informations may be helpful for some users.
    PS. Is it normal that update process takes more than an hour on decent computer? I wonder what is it doing with 0.5MB file...
    Thanks for getting back on this.

    First of all I discovered that the 0 in the L column is a bug for everyone, so it's unrelated to this. It will be fixed next update and is nothing critical for the sheet. If I understand you correctly, then your sheet would work in the English/Polish version in Open Office?

    Libre Office:

    Please know that it is not that I am unwilling to take a second look at it even if I don't support Libre Office - and I did actually spend an hour trying several things, but since I don't see any errors in totals I really can't correct anything. I would be shooting in the dark just changing random stuff that might ruin it for everyone else where it works.

    When I open your sheet in my Open Office English version, I see the attached and it works. I can only assume that it is therefore because of Libre Office or your language settings somehow. I do wish I could help more, but this is the only time I have heard of this and with your bunch of different installations and language versions (and that I don't know Libre Office and only support Open Office), I am at loss for what it could be other than that.

    I have also tried to see what I changed in the codes since the update that worked for you. And there are some options I could change if I knew exactly where the error was, but since I can't see it, the error could be in the rows, in the totals, in the subtotals and I can't tell where.



    And yes, it is normal with the time. The more lines added, the more time it takes since it copies cell for cell. If you click the 'view changes' in the updater, you can follow which tabs/lines/cells it is updating. Usually it's of course only done once every 2nd or 3rd month, so should be endurable :)

    Wrapping up, then I conclude that this is actually working in Open Office for you (except the bug everyone has), which is the intention with the sheet. I hope above helps explaining it.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jan 09 2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    76

    Thumbs up

    Correct, it works in Open Office, I just thought this "0" bug is specific to me and related to my #ARG error...
    Thank you for your help, you can close my case
    I did more testing on another computer and after updating my saved version 1.8.2->1.8.3 with Open Office installed my spreadsheet now works exactly the same in both Open Office and Libre Office (both Polish and English as well). So I guess something went wrong twice while updating on first PC...
    If updater doesn't work (error posted earlier by Nabu) and office processes aren't active it's probably due to changing language version or installing other version (Libre<->Open) of Office. Uninstalling both and installing again one of them or change language version should help in this case.

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by marmi View Post
    Correct, it works in Open Office, I just thought this "0" bug is specific to me and related to my #ARG error...
    Thank you for your help, you can close my case
    I did more testing on another computer and after updating my saved version 1.8.2->1.8.3 with Open Office installed my spreadsheet now works exactly the same in both Open Office and Libre Office (both Polish and English as well). So I guess something went wrong twice while updating on first PC...
    If updater doesn't work (error posted earlier by Nabu) and office processes aren't active it's probably due to changing language version or installing other version (Libre<->Open) of Office. Uninstalling both and installing again one of them or change language version should help in this case.
    I'm glad you got it working and thanks for posting the solution if anyone else runs into the problem.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

 

 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload