We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

DA "Bank" quest bug

Both yesterday and today, I experienced the following bug while doing the DA Bank Training Dailies....

One of the (7) quests is to defeat 8/8 bands of corsairs and then the boss guy inside the vault area.

Upon getting to 7/8 bands defeated, if I enter the bank and round up everyone inside for one big AoE, rather than increment to 8/8 and competing the quest, it "skips" to 9/8 or 10/8 or even 11/8 and does not complete nor does it award the "Bank Box" or the "Gold token".

I experienced this yeterday on an alt. account - I took a screen shot before exiting the instance and I submitted a ticket in-game. I have not received an email confirmation.

Today, this same bug occured outside the vault as I defeated additional corsairs before entering the vault. This happened on my main account. I took a screen shot and submitted a ticket in-game. I have not received an email confirmation.

Yes, I have lotro authorized to send me emails. No, it is not in my spam folders. I have gotten many other communication from turbine - including other confirmation emails ... but none from the last two days - nor has anyone contacted me. I am VIP (on all my accounts) so the wait time is generally not substantial.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by danielbrown1969 View Post
    Both yesterday and today, I experienced the following bug while doing the DA Bank Training Dailies....

One of the (7) quests is to defeat 8/8 bands of corsairs and then the boss guy inside the vault area.

Upon getting to 7/8 bands defeated, if I enter the bank and round up everyone inside for one big AoE, rather than increment to 8/8 and competing the quest, it "skips" to 9/8 or 10/8 or even 11/8 and does not complete nor does it award the "Bank Box" or the "Gold token".

I experienced this yeterday on an alt. account - I took a screen shot before exiting the instance and I submitted a ticket in-game. I have not received an email confirmation.

Today, this same bug occured outside the vault as I defeated additional corsairs before entering the vault. This happened on my main account. I took a screen shot and submitted a ticket in-game. I have not received an email confirmation.

Yes, I have lotro authorized to send me emails. No, it is not in my spam folders. I have gotten many other communication from turbine - including other confirmation emails ... but none from the last two days - nor has anyone contacted me. I am VIP (on all my accounts) so the wait time is generally not substantial.
    I ran the bank exercise both yesterday and today, along with many other times and never got that bug, I always do all the outside quests before going into the bank proper so I always have the 8 bands killed before going in the bank. You would think if it counted to 9/10/11-8 that the quest would complete. Do you have any counting errors in any of the other exercises?

Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    I ran the bank exercise both yesterday and today, along with many other times and never got that bug, I always do all the outside quests before going into the bank proper so I always have the 8 bands killed before going in the bank. You would think if it counted to 9/10/11-8 that the quest would complete. Do you have any counting errors in any of the other exercises?
    I have done the bank dailies now probably a few dozen times and yesterday/today was the first time(s) that this has happened to me. I have done the exact same pattern / same route / same way each time and nothing has changed on my end. I have not experienced any other such errors in any other training areas - but then again, I haven't done any other areas in a month or more.

It is worth noting that I do these bank dailies six times a day on six different accounts ... so it is not like the bug happens all the time. On one account today, I was 7/8 and grouped up two bands of corsairs and it progressed to 8/8 and completed. But then, as I mentioned, on my main account, I did the same thing and it bugged.
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

I experienced this once, when I reset the daylie-quest with Mithril-Coins. Don't know, weather this happened, because I ran it twice in a row, or because it was one of the times "this just happens".

I can't remember if the quest finished though, if I got 3 or 2 gold coins (was well before the last update).

It's the only daylie, that ever had a problem with counting, afaik
    "Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Jenseits von Gut und Böse
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche, "Beyond Good and Evil"

I've had this happen in Armory and Great Hall too. It happens you kill 2 bands at the exact same time when @ 7/8, I think. I'm much smarter about training through the entire instance and AoEing stuff down now.

"It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

Quote Originally Posted by ArsSupervivendi View Post
    I experienced this once, when I reset the daylie-quest with Mithril-Coins. Don't know, weather this happened, because I ran it twice in a row, or because it was one of the times "this just happens".

I can't remember if the quest finished though, if I got 3 or 2 gold coins (was well before the last update).

It's the only daylie, that ever had a problem with counting, afaik
    For me, the quest definitely did not finish as I only had 6 Bank Boxes and 6 Gold Tokens when I was done and I still had the "11/8 defeated bands of corsairs" on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitewhimsy View Post
    I've had this happen in Armory and Great Hall too. It happens you kill 2 bands at the exact same time when @ 7/8, I think. I'm much smarter about training through the entire instance and AoEing stuff down now.
    Agreed. I will definitely be making an effort to get to 7/8 and then advance to 8/8 before entering the vault and AoE the other 20+ mobs inside.

Hopefully this post helps someone avoid losing any goodies - and, well, hopefully they fix the bug
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

18 DA dailies later ... no more issues AS LONG AS I cautiously get to 7/8 and then defeat only one group of corsairs to ensure proper advancement to 8/8.

Curiously, I still have gotten no reply from Turbine (on either account) regarding the ticket I submitted on the issue
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer