We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Kepmap problem

Kepmap problem

I have been trying to get Ctrl ` to work for one of my new keymaps. While I can assign it to a skill bar it simply will not work when I try it. I find this rather strange since Shift ` works perfectly fine. Has any one else had this problem, or know what the problem is ?

Re: Kepmap problem

ah, I use a UK keyboard so ' is the key between ; and #

This key with CTRL is used to lock / unlock the quick-slots and I'm not sure that's remapable, I'm not 100% on this though with out logging in.
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000756e3/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [URL="http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=173230&TabID=1466011"][COLOR=#FFFF00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFEC00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFDA00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFC800]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFB600]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFA300]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF9100]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF7F00]u[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF6D00]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF5B00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF4800]n[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF3600]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF2400]e[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF1200]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]e [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF2400]E[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF3600]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF4800]d[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF5B00]a[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF6D00]r[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF7F00]_[/COLOR][COLOR=#FF9100]E[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFA300]U[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFB600]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFC800]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFDA00]~[/COLOR][COLOR=#FFEC00]~[/COLOR][/URL]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange]Sya Furrytoes[/COLOR] - Minstrel, [COLOR=orange]Ordela Furrytoes[/COLOR] - Hunter, [COLOR=orange]Salain Haladain[/COLOR] - Warden, [COLOR=orange]Salahn Haladain[/COLOR] - Captain, [COLOR=orange]Dyllyn[/COLOR] [COLOR=Orange]Ironbeard [/COLOR]- Guardian[/CENTER]

Re: Kepmap problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cleron View Post
    I have been trying to get Ctrl ` to work for one of my new keymaps. While I can assign it to a skill bar it simply will not work when I try it. I find this rather strange since Shift ` works perfectly fine. Has any one else had this problem, or know what the problem is ?
    I was digging around in my lotro.keymap file on a separate issue yesterday and noticed these lines:

Code:
      ToggleDebugConsole [ Old [ 0 DIK_GRAVE ] 0x00000002 ]
      (...)
      ToggleStringTokenDebugger [ Old [ 0 DIK_GRAVE ] 0x00000004 ]

On US keyboards, Shift+` is ~, and I believe this is the key DIK_GRAVE represents. (` is called the backtick character, or the open-quote, as opposed to ' single-quote.) The 0x02 in the first line indicates the Ctrl modifier -- so Ctrl+` is bound to the ToggleDebugConsole function. I think 0x04 is Alt, though it might be the Windows key, so the second line indicates Alt+` or Win+` is also bound. These are internal bindings and probably not active in the standard client, but that's likely what's hogging the keys you want to use.

I was trying to rebind a similar function to a new key (ToggleDebugHUD, better known as the FPS display), something that's not possible from the in-game options. In my case, moving it to a different key was Good Enough, and my experiments indicated that the game would replace this keybinding if I simply removed it from the keymap file.

Code:
    Original:
        ToggleDebugHUD [ Old [ 0 DIK_F ] 0x00000002 ]

New:
        ToggleDebugHUD [ User [ 0 DIK_Y ] 0x00000002 ]

Special notes:
    1) Your keymap file is in your user LOTRO directory, where screenshots are stored. On Win7 this is "C:\Users\your-user-name\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online".
    2) Backup your lotro.keymap file before editing.
    3) LotRO rewrites the lotro.keymap file on exiting the game, so edit on a second copy or while out of the game. Changes to the file made while the game is running WILL be lost on exit. IF anything breaks, you can restore from your backup copy, or delete the file to get a new, default one.
    4) For more details on the lotro.keymap file, see http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/A_New...ty_To_Keyboard

Remember, manually editing your keymap file is done at your own risk. If things break, you get to keep the pieces.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]