We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Social Panel has too much info

I come from DDO and am having trouble adapting to the fact that people here doesnt know how to use the social panel for grouping, they spam non-stop on general chat or LFF until they get enough people for just runing a simple skirm.

The person in charge of UI should revamp the social panel and remove the excesive info and make it simple take in mind the template from DDO and perhaps release a tutorial quest to show people how to set LFM, maybe inverse the WHO button with the OPEN FELLOWSHIPS, so when people press O theyll see who is wanting to group rather than to see whos online wich i personally dont really care.

I raise this concern because i like raids and if people have no idea how to set LFM raiding here is basically NON-existent unless i happen to be with a large guild and run just with guildies wich i dont really like, i enjoy runing with random people.

This is a let down i hope it gets fixed, i own just Mines of Moria, i dont feel like getting more QP that require grouping because i have little patience waiting and spamming just to get something going feels wrong for me.

Re: Social Panel has too much info

Totally agree. I stop using it after a couple of days because its total uselessness. It really needs a revamp.

Smile Re: Social Panel has too much info

Social panel revamp with RoI maybe? We can always hope
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000024d34d/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I wouldnt bet on it, this has been a major problem since f2p, before you would get very little spam and it was pretty simple to find raids now it seems almost impossible, hopefully it will be at least addressed on the release of RoI but its highly unlikely....

Quote Originally Posted by az4a3l View Post
    I come from DDO and am having trouble adapting to the fact that people here doesnt know how to use the social panel for grouping, they spam non-stop on general chat or LFF until they get enough people for just runing a simple skirm.
    The biggest problem is that the social panel does not help me. You can only advertise one current quest. Lets say I want to do Library at Tham Mirdan at level 65. There is no way to make an ad. Unless I am willing to Enter the Instance. Stand around and do nothing until I find two people. I doubt many people are going to know what I am advertising from the quest name.
    Quote Originally Posted by az4a3l View Post
    The person in charge of UI should revamp the social panel and remove the excesive info and make it simple take in mind the template from DDO and perhaps release a tutorial quest to show people how to set LFM, maybe inverse the WHO button with the OPEN FELLOWSHIPS, so when people press O theyll see who is wanting to group rather than to see whos online wich i personally dont really care.
    This functionality was added after Lotro launched. Lotro is newer than DDO. It is a big mystery to us why the Lotro team did not use the DDO code base and functionality as the starting point.

IMHO - It was done the way it is due to resource limitations. Turbine could not provide the DDO level of functionality.

I did try to use it when it first came out.. I think a number of other people did. It did not help me find groups to complete content. I stopped wasting my time. I went back to using the local lff channel or kin chat or friend list.

Its biggest limitations are:

1) Only one ad
    2) Only supports quests that you are currently in your active quest log.

This leaves out things like:
    1) Willing to help do ...
    2) Want to do Carn Dum or another instance.
    3) Willing any of the following long list.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.