We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

I think it's time I leave Bree (Back from a long vacation)

So, here I am for the 12th or so time. I'm going to get out of the Prancing Pony and try and do something. Before I checked in for my long stay at the inn I dragged myself up from Archet and all the way to the Barrows. This server was relatively new, F2P had just launched and I was kind of feeling that it was game time. So, I started... and then I stopped agian (these lifetime subscriptions make it so easy to stop and come back... at least if I was paying $10 a month I'd want to play and get my money's worth). So here I sit, wondering what the heck is going on.

I indulged in a Legendary Isengard expansion and have some nice new toys to play with, maybe it will make me stick around longer this time. I haven't bothered to go look for friends, don't know how long I'll be staying. I'd like to think it's going to be an extended stay, but given my history... yeah. I just wanted to check in and see what's going on, what's changed, and what to look for. I'm a big fan of in-game events, you know, keeps me out of combat and out of trouble. No festivals going on right now, but I noticed that Ales and Tales has landed here... a piece of Landroval has followed me .

I'm just on the lookout for exciting things to do right now. I'm going to grind out some grays on my Captain just because I'm a completist, but after that I think I'm headed to the Forsaken Inn seeing as I'm in my mid 20's. I take it not much has changed? If anyone's got anything going on my way, feel free to let me know. I'm kind of hesitant to try and pick up a Kinship as I may disappear suddenly. I don't know what my coming schedule is going to be like. Taking it day by day right now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000000883b/signature.png]Brett[/charsig]

Wink Re: I think it's time I leave Bree (Back from a long vacation)

I hope you enjoyed your vacation. Lucky for you, you won't really have to worry about combat anymore. Middle Earth has been freed from all of its evil!

That's right, Moria is rightfully restored to its past glory. More and more dwarves are moving their each day. Bree is in real straights right now because of it, actually, because some of their best crafters are now gone.

The Riddermark is enjoying an expansion of territory. What with the evils of the land gone, Enedwaithe is open for the taking! Every day, another excursion led by some out of work adventurer is moving out into the region trailed by wagons and families alike, ready to take up new residences.

You will notice a distinct lack of elves. Their missions complete, most have left Middle Earth and have travelled West. We had a series of going away parties for them, but I'm afraid you've missed out on them. They were exhausting, entertaining, and at the end, downright sad. Elves can be ornery and exclusive and downright haughty at times, but we'll miss them all the same. Middle Earth will never know their like again.

The White Tower is currently being renovated. It seems a multinational conglomerate has come in and bought the abandoned building and are revamping it for office space. The denizens of the area were quite surprised when the telecommunications trucks arrived, I can tell you! One dwarf, mad with fear, attacked and slew an entire crew, and hacked their truck to pieces.

Other than that, there's not a lot going on... it's the same as you left it! Oh, except for one thing I must warn you about. Do NOT go to the Shire. Nasty place, now. Not sure what got into those hobbits. They will gut you before you even know they're under you. It seems they have taken to cannibalism, also. Well... Mannibalism. They just eat Men. (Dwarves are tough and stringy, and the elves are gone!)

It's a brave new world! Enjoy it!

Re: I think it's time I leave Bree (Back from a long vacation)

Quote Originally Posted by Yngi View Post
    (...)
    Other than that, there's not a lot going on... it's the same as you left it! Oh, except for one thing I must warn you about. Do NOT go to the Shire. Nasty place, now. Not sure what got into those hobbits. They will gut you before you even know they're under you. It seems they have taken to cannibalism, also. Well... Mannibalism. They just eat Men. (Dwarves are tough and stringy, and the elves are gone!)

It's a brave new world! Enjoy it!
    rofl

They are just misunderstood and really really hungry I guess.