We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: BuffBars Help

BuffBars Help

Looking for some help with getting BuffBars to load properly for me. As far as I know I have it installed and unzipped in the correct location for Windows 7: user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins. I saved the buffbars folder to the plugins folder and extracted it. I then tried loading it in game, but whenever I use /plugins refresh, list, or load buffbars it always says none are available. I know that sometimes you need to close out of the client and then log back in for it to work and even that doesn't work for me. I've never installed any plugins before for LOTRO so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or missed a step. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: BuffBars Help

Inside the Plugins folder, you should have a folder named PengorosPlugins. Inside that folder should be three other folders (Buffbars, UI, Utils) and a file called BuffBars.plugin.

The most common mistake is either an extra folder layer (Pengoros to a folder named Buffbars, which has the three folders and file that I mentioned above inside that folder) or not enough folders (the group of 3 folders/1 file is directly in the "Plugins" folder).

As far as I know, the folder in Plugins does not have to be named PengorosPlugins, but you do need to have some folder to contain everything else.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

If you don't have anything listed when using '/plugins refresh' then there is something wrong in the path to the .plugin file. There are two common issues that can cause path problems, the path to the 'plugins' folder itself, and incorrectly extracting the archive.

From your post, it appears that your path to the plugins folder is correct. There is a fairly simple test - make a screen shot in game (press F11 or PrintScreen) and look for the ScreenShotxxxxx.jpg file that gets created. The folder where the ScreenShotxxxxx.jpg file is found is where the 'plugins' folder should be created.

The second issue has to do with retaining the correct path structure from the archive. Assuming your path above is correct, then the folder structure should look something like:
    user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins ->authFolder ->pluginFilesFolders

where 'authorFolder' is the name of the plugin author's folder, in the case of BuffBars this is 'PengorosPlugins' and 'pluginFilesFolders' is the subfolder(s) for the specific plugin - in the case of BuffBars there are three folders, 'BuffBars', 'UI' and 'Utils'
    so for Buffbars, the path structure would be:
    user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBa rs
    user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins\PengorosPlugins\UI
    user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins\PengorosPlugins\Utils

so the path to the BuffBars.plugin file is:
    user -> my documents -> lotro folder -> plugins\PengorosPlugins\BuffBa rs.plugin
    Last edited by Garan; Aug 10 2011 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    As far as I know, the folder in Plugins does not have to be named PengorosPlugins, but you do need to have some folder to contain everything else.
    The PengorosPlugins folder name must be correct or the Imports will not work since they declare the path to the imported files starting from the 'plugins' folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    The PengorosPlugins folder name must be correct or the Imports will not work since they declare the path to the imported files starting from the 'plugins' folder.
    Ah, very well. Did not know that.
    BTW, I'm assuming that there's only one Garan around this section of the forums, so nice job on your plugins.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Thanks for the help. It is the same folder my screenies go to so at least the path up to that point is correct it looks like. From there when I open up my plugins folder there are 2 folders - the unzipped and zipped BuffBars 1.2.0 folders. If open up the unzipped one there is then a PengorosPlugins folder and lotroplujgin xml document. If I open up the PengorosPlugins folder it has the the 3 folders of BuffBars, UI, and Util, along with the BuffBars.plugin file. Should I just simply copy the PengorosPlugins folder since it has everything in it, delete both the zipped and unzipped BuffBars 1.2.0 folders and then paste the PengorosPlugins back in there so the path would just be user, my documents, lotro, plugins, PengorosPlugins, and then the 3 folders and the plugin file?

Quote Originally Posted by ellessarstarwalker View Post
    Thanks for the help. It is the same folder my screenies go to so at least the path up to that point is correct it looks like. From there when I open up my plugins folder there are 2 folders - the unzipped and zipped BuffBars 1.2.0 folders. If open up the unzipped one there is then a PengorosPlugins folder and lotroplujgin xml document. If I open up the PengorosPlugins folder it has the the 3 folders of BuffBars, UI, and Util, along with the BuffBars.plugin file. Should I just simply copy the PengorosPlugins folder since it has everything in it, delete both the zipped and unzipped BuffBars 1.2.0 folders and then paste the PengorosPlugins back in there so the path would just be user, my documents, lotro, plugins, PengorosPlugins, and then the 3 folders and the plugin file?
    Yes. You're correct that the PengorosPlugins folder should not be inside a 'BuffBars 1.2.0' folder.

Gave it a try and all set and loaded. Thanks again for the help!!!!!